SM NU balla balla [peaked #1]

balla balla

Hi im Felix aka Gefährlicher Random here to show you this nu team i built. Most of you wont know me im just a german random who doenst really participate in many smogon tours and tbh im not really a ladder player either but after i built some nu teams i decided to test them and i really liked this one in particular so here i am. Im kind of known for stupid teams (the guy who used beedrill last nupl lol) and this team isnt really an exception. This squad is built around Specs Tinted Lens Sigilyph which might sound really idiotic at first, but its a decent mon trust me!

Building Process:

So as i said earlier i started with Specs Tinted Lens Sigilyph. Now, some of you might ask why not simply put Life Orb for f*ucking damage? Well, Specs has some advantages that Life Orb hasnt. I use Psychic, Psyschock, Air Slash and Heat Wave + modest nature on this Sigilyph which allows it to get some really funny and useful twohits. Slowbro, Slowking, Steelvally, Steelix, Klinklang or Xatu are all mons that are smacked by one of the two psychic STABs and against teams without a dark type you can sometimes just lead sigi and spam psychic. Obviously Dark Types and Pursuit are a problem for this set so i needed mons which would help with that.

Okay the next mon is another unset, SD Icium Sneasel. There are a few reasons why i decided to use SD Sneasel. First of all my idea was to use a mon which could punish pursuits and this sigilyph set either lures SD Sneasels counters or chips them away (Steelvally, Bro, Klinklang, Lix, Diancie, Incineroar) and the same applies to Sneasel so they kind of form a stupid but effective offensive core and are both really dangerous for opposing teams.

What I realised almost immediately was that the first two most had very little defensive utillity which would make i really difficult to build around them. I also needed a mon which could chip away mons like Scarf Passimian or Incineroar which can hinder Sneasel from going in. Thats why i wanted to use Helmet + Rough Skin Drudd because its kind of a switch-in into everything for offense, has rocks and as i said previously gets crucial chip on dangerous mons.

The last 3 are kind of filler mons Scarf Passimian (best scarfer in the tier, speed, momentum, initial SD Incineroar switch-in), Steelvally (hazard control, momentum, secondary ice resist) and AV Slowking (primary ice + fire resist, fighting resist)

Sets:

balla balla (Sigilyph) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave / Energy Ball / Future Sight / Toxic

So yeah, Sigilyph is a really fun mon because its a mon which always gets you some value out of your turn. If there is a dark types in your opponents team, chances are you need to chip it for Sneasel or Slowking and if there is no Dark Type, most of the time you just click the pink button and watch something bite the dust. Here are two replays where my opponent has no dark type and I just lead Sigiplyh and start to spam Psychic.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-787003939
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-789038099

The moves on Sigilyph should be self explanatory, Heat Wave is just a filler to hit Steels harder if i need to i guess you can experiment with this moveslot. Modest Nature gets you better rolls on everything but especially AV Bro or Steelvally and the speed is for base 80s with speed boosting nature.

Sneasel @ Icium Z
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

SD Sneasel is a kind of shaky mon. In some matchups its a beast and in others its kind of useless (but z ice crash is always nice to have). Its definitly a mon which needs heavy support to work and kind of an unset but i can work really well against some teams and has convinced me while i used it. You can get some matchwinnig SDs because most people dont really expect SD Sneasel for example on Pursuit locked counterparts, on Protect Xatus oder just bluffing Band.

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 176 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt / Toxic
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Rocky Helmet Drudd is kind of an allrounder for the team because its a physical blanket and the rocker. The moveset is pretty standart except for maybe Taunt which has proven to be useful against several matchups (Torterra, Stall, Braviary). Toxic can be used to chip away on things like bro but i only recomend it if youre not using toxic on the Steelvally. Investmest is jumppoint def, speed for torterra and max hp for obvious reasons.

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Receiver
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

I think this mon explains itself. Scarf Passimian is maybe the best mon in the tier. I think EQ is better than Gunk bc of Garbo and Diancie.

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 25 Spe
- Parting Shot
- Defog
- Toxic / Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower

Also a mon and a set which is kind of obvious. Speed is to outspeed base 60s with no boosting nature but to underspeed other Steelvallys i personally think its really important to know beforehand if your Steelvally is faster or slower than others so you can play the mirrormatchup accordingly. Multiattack can be used to counter Comfey which otherwise 6:0es if its the Stallbreaker Set.

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpA / 24 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Zap Cannon
- Dragon Tail

AV Slowking is the last mon on this team and a mon I really enjoy using. The investment is max HP for obvious reasons, 216+ Special Attack because its a jumppoint, 20 speedcreep for the mirrormatchup and the last 24 in Special Defense because I say so lol. The moves are all standart and everyone who says Zap Cannon Slowking isnt standart is a liar :P. You could use AV Slowbro instead of Slowking which helps with Fighting Types but Drudd + both Psychic Types has worked very well for me so I think I will stick with Slowking.

Threats:

Stallbreaker Comfey 6:0es if you dont use Multi-Attack on Steelvally. With Multi-Attack its not that big of a deal but Toxic is better in most other matchups.

Tbh every electric type is a problem because of the lack of a ground type (Helioslik, Vikavolt, Rotom). You can outplay them but not a very pleasent matchup. Sometimes they stay in against Sneasel because they think you want to Pursuit them which helps.

Scarf Varinats are chill but offensive and defensive Bulk Up are a Pain. Defensive Bulk Up is annoyed by Taunt Drudd and I need Toxic on at least one mon, so i used the team without Multi-Attack Steelvally.

/

Fat blankets like Audino and Vaporeon are super annoying. Stall in general is a Problem for this team. You need to outplay or hax them with things like Future Sight, Zap Cannon, SDing on Tects and Special Defense Drops with Psychic.

Peak and Import:

https://pokepast.es/8f55a932331a7a7c

And last but not least here are some Sigilyph calcs

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tinted Lens Sigilyph Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Slowking: 220-260 (55.9 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tinted Lens Sigilyph Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Silvally-Steel: 192-226 (48.7 - 57.3%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tinted Lens Sigilyph Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 246-290 (62.4 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tinted Lens Sigilyph Psychic vs. 244 HP / 12 SpD Steelix: 288-338 (81.8 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tinted Lens Sigilyph Psychic vs. 88 HP / 0 SpD Klinklang: 236-278 (83.3 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tinted Lens Sigilyph Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Xatu: 276-324 (82.6 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I know this team has some annoying weaks but its really fun to play and i hope you will give it a try :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)