Banlist for the Dream World Tier

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Items
Brightpowder
Lax Incense
Soul Dew

Moves
All moves that increase Evasion only (Double Team, Minimize)
All instant OHKO moves (Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold)

Abilities
Moody
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Species
Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Zekrom

The following Pokemon are currently NOT BANNED from DW OU
Deoxys-S
Excadrill
Garchomp
Manaphy
Meloetta
Thundurus
Keldeo
Genesect

While these tier changes haven't been pushed yet (hopefully they will by the end of today), this is what we're looking at for the DW tier for the time being. The tiers, I'm hoping, will be a lot more fluid where things can come in and out of DW more freely.

I'll also use this thread to congratulate user: Zephy on now co-leading DW with me. KD24 resigned as a leader of the tier.

Woohoo, Since Dreamworld is supposed to be the theoretical final OU metagame once all the DW abilities are released (in god knows when), I think the bans here should take upmost importance. I think we should keep DW OU as is and playtest to see what is actually broken, instead of just judging within the next few hours.

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Woohoo, Since Dreamworld is supposed to be the theoretical final OU metagame once all the DW abilities are released (in god knows when), I think the bans here should take upmost importance. I think we should keep DW OU as is and playtest to see what is actually broken, instead of just judging within the next few hours.
That is completely true. Almost like looking into the future. Theoretically BW OU and DW OU will eventually merge into one complete tier.

DW OU stats will now be included in the monthly usage stats thread automatically, without anyone having to ask, and I'll also be compiling "1337" stats for the tier.

I'm really sorry I didn't in previous months--I had no idea how active a tier it was, but it's in fact the THIRD most active tier behind OU and UU.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd also like to let people know that when you load a dw team on PO it automatically sends you to dw ubers, so remember to change your tier after you change your teams!!

I'd also like to let people know that when you load a dw team on PO it automatically sends you to dw ubers, so remember to change your tier after you change your teams!!
Is Antar going to be able to fix that? Seems it's going to be a bit of a hindrance in the activity of the tier while people unknowingly play in ubers before realizing that the ladder is likes to goof up.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is Antar going to be able to fix that? Seems it's going to be a bit of a hindrance in the activity of the tier while people unknowingly play in ubers before realizing that the ladder is likes to goof up.
I'd like to second this. It's also annoying, say, when I load a new team and I have to go change the tier. I know it sounds like complaining and laziness, but really something needs to be done about this.

Just posting to say that I updated the DW banlist on-site to reflect the Brightpowder / Lax Incense bans.

With all of the changes that B2W2 is bringing who knows if anything that's banned might be functional in DW OU later one when it's the normal BW OU. I think it would be a smart idea to have a neat way to get Pokemon that were banned back into OU. Of course the Pokemon could be re-banned, but this would allow the banning of any Pokemon that are over powered now to be banned then un banned later.

Currently the SS+Drizzle ban is not implemented on Pokemon Showdown

My apologies. Reposting over there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)