Battle Ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
[Approved by Ludicrousity]
So far when it comes to terms of Pet Mods, we've had ones that add new Megas and alternate formes. But none yet have been based on the mechanics of Greninja's Battle Bond ability. That is the basis of this Pet Mod.

BattleReady

• Basis: Pokémon have the option of setting Battle Bond as their ability, and will transform into a superior form upon certain conditions aka getting a KO or reaching a certain amount of health. Basically, something challenging and fitting. Don't make the condition too easy to achieve! Please also don't make this overly complex unless you can provide code. This form can have a new typing if it is fitting, will have +110bst distributed through any three stats (this can include stats being dropped by up to 20 points if the mon has less than 400 bst) and will gain a buff to a move that is relevant to the Pokémon in question. The move, however, must not be overly strong, or be signature to the Pokémon to some degree (aka Mystical Fire to Delphox). If the boost is chosen to be to damage, the maximum modifier is 1.5x. Depending on whether we deem it balanced in an OU environment, it can have both a power increase and a secondary effect. For example, Scizor could gain a buff to give Bullet Punch 90bp or a secondary effect, essentially making it a Mega Scizor with a slightly higher BST.

• Slates: Slates will be done every week, starting Thursday. There will be 4 Pokémon for consideration, and you may come up with a Submission for all of them. From Monday until Thursday you can then vote on which submissions should be picked for each Pokémon. You can vote for three different submissions. The first receives 3 votes, the second 2 and the last 1. You can vote for your own submissions, but not as the first vote.
Example Submission (Credit to Ludicrousity)
Pokemon: Delphox
Battle Bond Name: Aria-Delphox
Base Stats: 75 / 69 / 102 (+30)/ 154 (+40)/ 140 (+40)/ 104
Typing: Fire / Fairy
Move Buffed: Mystical Fire
Move Stats: Fire Type / 90 BP / 100% Accuracy / Lowers foes SpA and Atk by 1 stage
Battle Bond Origin: Aria is the current Kalos Queen, and a famous Pokémon perfomer. Her Delphox transforms after using its held item.

This Pet Mod will be based around the OU metagame, with all OU clauses and bans kept.
Possible bans: Slaking, Regigigas, Archeops as they can all use Battle Bond.

Last edited:

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Viability Rankings
The meta is untested so we don't know yet, Ash Greninja is pretty good though

Last edited:

Eve

Bzzt!
Community Leader
Sample Sets
Chesnaught @ Leftovers / Fightinium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up / Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

Delphox @ Flame Orb / Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mystic Fire / Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Grass Knot / Hidden Power Ground / Calm Mind
- Trick

Greninja @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Last edited:

Eve

Bzzt!
Community Leader
Currently Useable
In the order they were coded.

Ash-Greninja
Chesnaught-Clemont
Merylin-Delphox
Lana-Wishiwashi

Last edited:
Really cool idea! I was wanting to do a Pet Mod like this but I realised later you can only host one at a time :(

So if you need some help to host this I will be willing to be a part of the council if you want me to.

As for the first slate, I'd say we should just go the obvious route and give these boys what they have always deserved:

Battle Bond formes!!

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
First slate ideas:

Non-legendaries that starred in a pokemon movie.

Zoroark & Lucario

Back to the basics (Both have Simple)
Bibarel & Swoobat

Really cool idea! I was wanting to do a Pet Mod like this but I realised later you can only host one at a time :(

So if you need some help to host this I will be willing to be a part of the council if you want me to.

As for the first slate, I'd say we should just go the obvious route and give these boys what they have always deserved:

Battle Bond formes!!
I already did Delphox, so we only have Chesnaut now... Check the OP, it's there.

Eve

Bzzt!
Community Leader
First slate ideas:
Non-legendaries that starred in a pokemon movie.
Zoroark & Lucario

Back to the basics (Both have Simple)
Bibarel & Swoobat

I already did Delphox, so we only have Chesnaut now... Check the OP, it's there.
Both of the first slates sound good, but that Delphox was only intended to be an example submission. You can resubmit it in the slate tho, it's pretty damn cool

Question: To what degree does a move have to be signature? Mystical Fire and Spiky Shield are no longer considered signature moves because other Pokemon gained access to them in ORAS and SM.

Eve

Bzzt!
Community Leader
Question: To what degree does a move have to be signature? Mystical Fire and Spiky Shield are no longer considered signature moves because other Pokemon gained access to them in ORAS and SM.
If they were at some point signature, they'll probably do. Aka, Zoroark can count Night Daze as its signature move, despite Lunala recently getting it.

Ludicrousity

Delphox
(Aria-Delphox)
Base Stats: 75 / 69 / 102 (+30)/ 154 (+40)/ 140 (+40)/ 104
Typing:

Move Stats: Fire Type / 90 BP / 100% Accuracy / Lowers foes SpA and Atk by 1 stage
Battle Bond Origin: Aria is the current Kalos Queen, and a famous Pokémon perfomer. Her Delphox transforms after using its held item.

Lol, resub.

Chesnaught
(Mairin-Chesnaught)
Base Stats: 128 (+40)/ 147 (+40)/ 152 (+30)/ 74 / 75 / 64
Typing:

Move Buffed: Spiky Shield
Move Stat Changes: This move now deals 1/8th damage no matter what move hit it
Battle Bond Origin: Mairin is the owner of Chespie the Chespin in the XYZ anime. Her Chesnaught enters its battle bond form by successfully protecting an attack with spiky shield when at 25% health or lower.

Last edited:
I'd say we do a battle bond forme for a pokemon owned by each of the major anime characters.
It sorta makes sense to me, for the same reason greninja does.
Do they need to be fully evolved?
Anyway, here are some (probably not great) suggestions:

Serena: Braixen or Sylveon
May: Starmie or Gyarados
Brock: Steelix or Chansey
Dawn: Mamoswine or Togekiss
May: Blaziken, Venusaur, or Glaceon

Last of all, how do you include an image of a pokemon like exploudit did for chesnaught?

Ludicrousity

I'd say we do a battle bond forme for a pokemon owned by each of the major anime characters.
It sorta makes sense to me, for the same reason greninja does.
Do they need to be fully evolved?
Anyway, here are some (probably not great) suggestions:

Serena: Braixen or Sylveon
May: Starmie or Gyarados
Brock: Steelix or Chansey
Dawn: Mamoswine or Togekiss
May: Blaziken, Venusaur, or Glaceon

Last of all, how do you include an image of a pokemon like exploudit did for chesnaught?
Code:
[IMG]pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/pokemon.gif[/IMG]

Eve

Bzzt!
Community Leader
Serena Delphox
Type: Fire/Psychic
Stats: 75/69/72/164 (+50) /150 (+50) /114 (+10)
Move Buffed: Mystical Fire (Acts as Fire/Psychic type move, 90BP, all other properties unchanged)
Lore: Serena's Braixen finally evolves out of a wish to help its trainer better, and can gain this form thanks to their strong bond. This form activates when Delphox KO's an opponent.

Clemont Chesnaught
Type: Grass/Fighting
Stats: 98 (+10)/157 (+50)/172 (+50)/74/75/64
Move Buffed: Spiky Shield (Contact: Target loses 1/4 max HP.)
Lore: Clemont's Chesnaught shows even more courage in battle than its regular counterparts. Once it affirms its position by securing a KO, it surrounds itself with sharper, stronger armour.

im not sure whether im treating this as a Pokemon creation thing or a creative writing contest at this point
Pokemon: Delphox
Battle Bond Name: Delphox-Simmersoul
Activation: KO a Pokemon using Mystical Fire
Base Stats: 75/69/72/164 (+50)/110 (+10)/154 (+50)
Typing: Fire / Ghost
Move Stats: Fire Type / 100 BP / 100% Accuracy / Ignores all fire immunities. Adds a Ghost typing to the victim, similar to Trick-Or-Treat
Battle Bond Origin: Around 3000 years ago, in the Kalos region, there was a legendary blacksmith who created a wide range of weapons and armor for the war. His wares were vastly superior to those of his competitors, and no one knew his secret - that was, until one day, one of his relatives was visiting his house. While the blacksmith tended to some chores he had to do, the relative explored the house and found a basement, which the blacksmith meant to lock. However, it opened easily as any other door, and what the relative saw was a truly mysterious site: A massive forge, filled with fuchsia flames and smoky, swirling shapes, and a ethereal fox-like Pokemon suspended above the flames. Returning to the living room as if all she'd seen was a mere speck of dust, the relative continued the visit without mentioning even the possible existence of a basement, but soon after she last said goodbye, she quickly took the matter to the local law exforcement. After searching the blacksmith's house, the fuchsia forge was deemed illegal for Pokemon abuse: it was shut down, the Pokemon was released and the Blacksmith was arrested - much to the dismay of the army, who found his gear most useful. While locked up in the nearest prison after losing his case near instantly, he confessed to some of the officers how the forge worked. His first ever Pokemon had been a Fennekin, and it had grown and evolved more quickly than any other Pokemon he ever owned. As a Delphox, the blacksmith decided to test a new theory he had been working on based around spirit magic, for the blacksmith had long been interested in the occult. He trained his Delphox to burn souls, and absorb their power, even sacrificing all his other Pokemon to the Delphox's mystical fires, which powered with the scorched spirits of a hundred Pokemon, began the slow change from their usual orange-red to a brilliant fuchsia. Binding his Delphox to the forge he had built specially for it, as a remarkably twisted birthday gift, he made it channel its fire into the forge, so that when the blacksmith used it to create his wares, it would not only be infused with Delphox's usual mystic flame, but the coursing energy of the spirits that had suffered at the hands of it.

As the enslavement of Delphox stretched on, its body began to take a different kind of toll than the mere physical scars - the evil of the atrocities it was forced to commit wrapped round its brain like a blood-covered snake, warping its mind, and later its very body, into a more primal state: Delphox morphed into the form of its ancestors, becoming quadrupedal like the Fennekin it once was, and a whole lot more malevolent. This change numbed it to the torture it received, at least on the mental side, for it had lost all concept of guilt. After it was freed, the Delphox ran off into the forest, and as the scars from the chains healed, so did its mind, and it slowly returned to its normal form, feeling guilt flood over it for the first time in a year. It took many years to get over it, but once it had, it found that it wanted a trainer once again, and so it sought out the relative who had first revealed it, the only person other than its first owner it could remember. It did, eventually, find the relative and allowed itself to be caught. The relative trained it, not just in the normal skills of combat, but also in the most vital skill of happiness, and it rose to the challenge magnificently - for the first time in 2 years, it felt whole.

However, the deepest scars of the spirit magic were unable to be reversed, and the first time Delphox knocked another Pokemon out using its Mystical Fire, its form reverted into the beast-like soulscorcher it had been for the forge, regaining its power over shadows and spirits. While the reversion upset the relative somewhat, it changed back only a few seconds after the battle, and the relative knew it was not truly dangerous. The spirit power lurking within Delphox was instrumental to the relative, who used it to dominate every battle they fought in, and indeed it became every bit as legendary as it was destined to be: Tales of the Simmersoul, a Delphox who could burn away your very spirit, spread around Kalos like a plague. Some wanted it destroyed. Others opted for merely confinement. Others still, however, found it in their hearts to accept its existence and treat it as any other Pokemon, and it is only those noble trainers who still have hope of witnessing this special transformation.

I didn't expect to spend so much time on that section. Just got carried away. Feel free to leave feedback :P
By the way, Fuchsia is a reddish-purple colour.

Last edited:
click the image icon and paste this link: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/chesnaught.gif - you can do this for any pokemon, just replace 'chesnaught' with the pokemon you want :)

Millis-Chesnaught

Base Stats: 88 HP / 157 Atk (+50) / 172 Def (+50) / 74 SpA / 75 SpD / 74 Spe (+10)
Battle Bond Activation: Successfully use any variant of Protect
Buffed Move: Spiky Shield
Move Changes: instead of dealing 1/8 damage to contact moves, deals 1/4 damage instead
Rationale: She is the only major character in the anime / movies that had a Chesnaught so its pretty fitting for her to get the Chesnaught forme.
Competitive: Despite loosing to SSSS Lando-T and Mega Diance Millis-Chesnaught is a preimer physically defensive EdgeQuake resist, it has reliable recovery jaw dropping physical bulk, access to Spikes, Leech Seed and an amazing move to chip at physical attackers. Offensive sets with Belly Drum are also a great option, as they can be very powerful wallbreakers, but losing a moveslot just to transform into Millis-Chesnaught only leaves it with two Attacking Moves, limiting its coverage, additionally, it doesn't really have the Speed nor the Priority to pull of a sweep on Offensive teams. Finally, its poor Special Bulk makes Defensive sets a little restricted on what it can switch into and Offensive sets struggling to find room for set up.
Defensive
Chesnaught-Millis @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch / Seed Bomb
- Spikes / Leech Seed
- Syntheis
- Spiky Shield
*100 SpD allows it to take two Hydro Pumps from Specs Ash Gren

Offensive Belly Drum
Chesnaught-Millis @ Normalium Z / Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Wood Hammer / Drain Punch / Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Spiky Shield

Merilyn-Delphox

Base Stats: 75 HP / 69 Atk / 72 Def / 164 SpA (+50) / 150 SpD (+50) / 114 Spe (+10)
Battle Bond Activation: Successfully steal an item
Buffed Move: Mystic Fire
Move Changes: instead of lowering targets SpA by one stage, lowers its SpD by one stage.
Rationale: While not as popular as Aria's Merilyn's Delphox appeared in Diancie's movie and is chosen to make it a counterpart to Millis's Chesnaught, I also think her personality fits Delphox a lot better than Aria's. Merilyn also fits the thieving theme of needing to steal a move to actiavite this forme.
Competitive: Similarly to Ash-Greninja a terrifying wallbreaker / revenge killer. With a busted Signature move that wears down even the best of Fire resists it is really tough to switch into it also has a lot more ease transforming then Greninja, but unlike everyone's favorite frog Delphox is slower and has no priority despite being stronger.
Flame Orb Offensive
Delphox-Merilyn @ Flame Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mystic Fire / Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Grass Knot / Hidden Power Ground
- Trick

Btw Ezaphs idk if it is too late for it, but I think a better title for this Pet Mod would be 'Bond Phenomenom', just an idea for you to consider :)

Last edited:
Serena Delphox
Type: Fire/Psychic
Stats: 75/69/72/164 (+50) /150 (+50) /114 (+10)
Move Buffed: Mystical Fire (Acts as Fire/Psychic type move, 90BP, all other properties unchanged)
Lore: Serena's Braixen finally evolves out of a wish to help its trainer better, and can gain this form thanks to their strong bond. This form activates when Delphox KO's an opponent.

Clemont Chesnaught
Type: Grass/Fighting
Stats: 98 (+10)/157 (+50)/172 (+50)/74/75/64
Move Buffed: Spiky Shield (Contact: Target loses 1/4 max HP.)
Lore: Clemont's Chesnaught shows even more courage in battle than its regular counterparts. Once it affirms its position by securing a KO, it surrounds itself with sharper, stronger armour.
How HP works when getting increased? does it act like Zygarde's, or does it scale to the percentage?

For hp:
I think it would work the same way it does when mega evolving.
Unfortunately, no mega evolutions raise base hp so I'm not really sure.
However, I'd think that the reason for doing that would be to avoid some unwanted result of increasing the base hp.
Ash greninja doesn't have an hp increase either.
When pokemon evolve, their hp is set to their max hp after evolving (I think)
That wouldn't do, for obvious reasons.
Suicide leads are going to be horrible in this meta because you give your opponent a free mega battle bond pokemon.

Eve

Bzzt!
Community Leader
For hp:
I think it would work the same way it does when mega evolving.
Unfortunately, no mega evolutions raise base hp so I'm not really sure.
However, I'd think that the reason for doing that would be to avoid some unwanted result of increasing the base hp.
Ash greninja doesn't have an hp increase either.
When pokemon evolve, their hp is set to their max hp after evolving (I think)
That wouldn't do, for obvious reasons.
Suicide leads are going to be horrible in this meta because you give your opponent a free mega battle bond pokemon.
I'd say that HP increases should result in a percentage-based scale, aka if you had 25% of your base health before transforming, you'd have 25% of your new base health afterwards. About the suicide lead thing, yeah you're probably right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)