Battle Spot Interview Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Theorymon: You don't see him posting too much on the main forums, but I'm currently eyeing user Psynergy! He recently finished a pretty good analysis on Weavile for battle spot singles, who is actually quite an under rated threat. I'd like to see him write more analyses and post more often, I think he knows his stuff!
I see what you're trying to do here Theorymon.

I know you like Ubers and have mentioned getting into ORAS Ubers lately, what do you think of it? I know it's got a bit of a shaky reputation because of how centralized it is but it doesn't sound like that's stopped you from liking metagames before at all.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
During the almost 7 years you've been on Smogon, what were some of your most memorable moments?
Oh man this is a tough one... I'm gonna need some time to make a big list for this!

I see what you're trying to do here Theorymon.

I know you like Ubers and have mentioned getting into ORAS Ubers lately, what do you think of it? I know it's got a bit of a shaky reputation because of how centralized it is but it doesn't sound like that's stopped you from liking metagames before at all.
I like ORAS Ubers, even though it certainly isn't balanced. In fact, I've mentioned in the past that I actually sorta like centralization at times. For example, back in gen 4 Ubers, I LIKED the fact that there was a mantra of "prepare for Kyogre or DIE". It made things exciting to me!

In the case of ORAS, I find Primal Groudon to be very interesting: its like the Pokemon equivlent of a swiss army knife. It's a bit unpredictable, yet it feels like this assured "thing" you gotta face in almost every match, almost like entry hazards in gen 5 Ubers. Not in the actual metagame effects of course, but in the "you will see this on almost every team" angle.

I know people complain about ORAS Ubers being stagnant... but I don't really mind that, it gives me this sort of warm sense of familiarity each battle to face the same things over and over again, as odd as that sounds! I don't mind more diverse metagames either though.

Maybe I'm just easy to please? I'm not sure. But personally, I don't really come in with a checklist of things a metagame needs to be "good", I just tend to go with the flow and have a good time, and appreciate different metagames for totally different reasons! I think the only thing that I sorta come in with is that I tend to prefer metagames with static banlists, because metagames that have suspect tests tend to mess with my "Pokemon testing" flow a lot, which discourages me a bit! I feel as if a metagame gets "erased" when something is banned, which means there's less to learn about it, which bums me out a bit.

Have you been that active on Smogon recently? How do you deal with life stuff that gets in the way of doing what you like?

lol Custap Wobbuffet

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So Theorymon, I dunno if you remember it or not but you were actually one of the first users I talked to when I joined Smogon back in 2012! I was just lurking on #pokemon (rip) contemplating whether or not I should join, until I finally did. I announced that I joined to the channel and then you said something about how Smogon really needed more new users at the time (which is kind of weird to imagine now because XY brought so many new users, but this was back in BW).

Thinking back to that, and what you said about Psynergy, do you think you have a sort of sixth sense to know which new users will eventually make it big? Maybe even before they start doing any work? I kind of have my own idea but I'd like to know your perspective!

What's your highest placement in a PGL online competition? Which competition and what placement?

Do you agree that we should have Mega Furret? (Yes you do >:@ )

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm not actually that calm x_x. Maybe I am now but it definitely clashed with my goal to hit #1 on everything back then. Nowadays I spend more time looking up stuff and theorycrafting than actually battling, with league of legends taking more of my time.

Regardless.

1) Thoughts on small Baton Pass chains in Singles? Something simple like Iron Defense Scolipede -> CM Espeon, or something involving Blaziken.

2) Let's get to the hard question: We all know that you like pushing mons to the limit (as do I), but let's shift that gear for a second: What changes would you make to balance Battle Spot Singles better??

Last edited:

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK, so I got sorta spanked by homework. But now that I'm coming out of this showered with A+s, I will be answering questions when I get home tonight :D

So I been requested to take over the Battle Spot interviews for unfixable.

I'll be glad to continue this for you all, although I'm pretty nervous because it has been a while since I interviewed people so I'll be rusty. The same things will apply with me asking the interviewee questions and then anybody else is welcome to as well.

Next interviewee is Jibaku who is set to be interviewed this Saturday!

#3 Jibaku

Misaka Mikoto: Hello Jibaku, could you tell us a little bit about yourself? Your interests, hobbies, occupation, etc?

Jibaku: I've played competitive Pokemon since 2005. I'm a huge fan of Ubers, in part due to my first tournament experience in 2006 involving them. I don't play Pokemon as much as I used to due to League of Legends, but I try to keep some activity.

Misaka Mikoto: Nice, how did it feel to play competitive Ubers in the tournament?

Jibaku: My first tournament experience was at the Journey Across America in 2006, and I went as far as quarterfinals, barely losing out to the eventual winner of the tournament. There's something satisfying about playing and commanding these titans. The fantasy of using the strongest mons in the game in a titanic battle against others is just thrilling.

Misaka Mikoto: I can seriously understand the feeling of how it's fun to use these monsters in a battle; it is really enjoyable. Also, congrats on making it to the quarterfinals! Onto Battle Spot now. What caused you to get into playing the metagame?

Jibaku: Hmm my answer for this one's a bit controversial. Part of the reason I switched to Battle Spot was to escape Smogon's tiering system. Actually, that's kind of most of the reason. I'd have to think more about other reasons. But in general I liked how the metagame was more static and less player driven so I could worry more about enjoying the game than trying to debate balance. Also it's just fun to play on cart, you know? Also JAA was an in real life tournament in Generation 3.

Misaka Mikoto: So the reasons you stated brought you to the Battle Spot forums as well?

Jibaku: In Generation 5, Battle Spot was called Global Battle Union. I was extremely excited to have an in-game ladder (to escape from Smogon tiering), and I played it quite a bit. Despite the disconnect abuse that was rampant in Generation 5, I loved that format and the freedom I felt about simply playing the game. It carried on to Generation 6 and naturally that drew me to the Battle Spot forums.

Misaka Mikoto: I'll be honest, I kind of disconnected several times when I was on the verge of losing. I didn't actually look at it that way with Global Battle Union also being Battle Spot. That brings me to my next question, what kind of battling styles are you interested in or play the most in Battle Spot?

Jibaku: Singles, primarily. However, I look for opportunities to play in any Uber-related Battle Competitions to satisfy my fantasies, with Generation Showdown being my personal favorite. With VGC2016 on the horizon, I'm excited for Uber battles to be more readily accessible. (That way I don't have to go on Free Battle Spot and fight mostly standard teams or random Uber players who have zero idea what they are doing).

Misaka Mikoto: We're just about halfway done. What kind of Pokemon do you use? Offensive, defensive, balance, stall, etc?

Jibaku: I typically favor balance to reduce team matchup issues, but in the past I played stall a lot. I'm usually not the type to run extremely focused strategies (like Baton Pass chains).

Misaka Mikoto: Interesting. Who is an up-and-coming contributor you've noticed in the Battle Spot forums and why?

Jibaku: Probably GroudonEmpire. He probably has the most actual in-game experience out of all of us.

Misaka Mikoto: What underrated Pokemon do you think deserves more time in Battle Spot and why?

Jibaku: Clefable, a versatile Pokemon that can offer support or be a really annoying boosting threat through Minimize and Calm Mind. Both Magic Guard and Unaware are extremely powerful abilities - the former allows it to threaten stall and the latter grants it the ability to check threats such Swords Dance Garchomp and Nasty Plot Thundurus.

Misaka Mikoto: Nasty Plot really makes Thundurus a great wallbreaker at +2. What's your favorite Pokemon and why?

Jibaku: Giratina-O. I instantly fell in love with Giratina-O when I saw its design. Unlike the seemingly clunky Giratina, Giratina-O's design is fairy sleek and appears a lot more mobile (despite having the same Speed...). But what really got me to love this Pokemon was when everyone thought it was extremely weak in Generation 4 due to its item restriction. With the help of Theorymon and august, we carved Giratina-O's spot in the metagame, and till the end of DPP Ubers, it became one of the most defining Ubers. It's not as powerful nowadays, but the memory of its success still brightens my day.

Misaka Mikoto: That's really awesome. I really like Giratina-O's design a lot better than the original. Is there any advice you'd like to give to people that are new or playing Battle Spot?

Jibaku: Hmmm. We may not have the most resources at the moment, but in the meantime, the Pokemon Global Link website offers enough information on some of the key Pokemon in the metagame, so check those out first. I wish I can suggest reading Japanese blogs but not everyone can read Japanese, but you can look up http://nouthuca.blogspot.jp/2015/09/11oraskp.html for usage stats that extend past the top 12. Anyways, don't feel bad about using the standard mons. Feel free to innovate, but I do think it's important to get a decent grasp on the metagame before forcing yourself to do that. Lastly, come check out our stream http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-spot-twitch-streams.3557409/.

Misaka Mikoto: Two more questions. What is your favorite type that you enjoy using?

Jibaku: Hmm this is hard. My favorite types are Electric and Ghost. I can't make a team without a Steel-type, and I prefer having Fire- and/or Ground-types.

Misaka Mikoto: Lastly, if you could change anything in Battle Spot, what would it be?

Jibaku: Open up more rulesets (Little Cup, "Restricted" Pokemon, Randbats) to give more serious laddering options (well...except maybe Randbats :3). Also removing Minimize and Moody from the game because they're just awful to play against. Slight nerfs to Mega Kangaskhan / Mega Gengar. Not really much I'd change otherwise.

Misaka Mikoto: Thank you so much for taking time to do this interview Jibaku. I really appreciate it!

Jibaku: No problem.

Join us next time on

Battle Spot Interview Central!

Last edited:

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
So since you're an Ubers guy, which generation/era of Ubers was your favorite?
And semi-related since this is a fun question, do you think Game Freak went too far with the Hoenn trio in ORAS?

Battle Spot related, Any niche/uncommon Pokemon you've had luck with in Battle Spot, or niche stuff in general you think might work?

Curious about this since you're primarily a singles player, but obviously have experience with doubles, including a very high GS Cup placement: Do you still find singles the better format? In particular, 3 v 3 over 6 v 6? I'm interested in hearing about this because it's generally been my experience that those who move into doubles or triples tend to favor them (I myself have never really understood singles), but yeah -- willing to hear about it!

Completely agreed on wanting to see more restricted metas get in-game ladders, in any format, though.

Jibaku

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Sorry for the late replies. Got carried away by VGC16 and League
So since you're an Ubers guy, which generation/era of Ubers was your favorite?
Honestly this is difficult to answer. Every generation of Ubers has something special, and a notable downside

Gen 3: This was where I started. Gen 3 marked the first time when Ubers were important to the storyline (so Suicune doesn't count here), so the mons introduced here (Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza) meant something more to me than just sidequests. This metagame had a pretty good balance between gameplay balance and fantasy, but ultimately still lacked a good number of Ubers.

Gen 4: This was where I got to be known as the Ubers guy. I have the fondest memories in this generation, as this was the first generation where Ubers was really explored into, the generation where I put in the most work, and also when I felt the community grow. With a diverse pool of Ubers to choose from, the metagame succeeded in fulfilling the fantasy aspect (especially since my favorite mon was born here), but the frequency of high powered attacks and coverage made it difficult to have clear answers to certain threats (Palkia, Darkrai, etc). Ultimately, the biggest letdown of this generation was Shoddy Battle's bug with Farceus, rendering it unusable for a year after its release.

Gen 5: Perhaps the most enjoyable version of Ubers to play with. The introduction of Arceus solved a lot of the balancing issues gen 4 had, enabling this generation to fulfill both fantasy and game health demands better than even Gen 3. Spikestacking became an issue though (certainly not because I enjoyed being one of the few to actively spam this before it became a thing hehe). Zekrom/Kyurem/Reshiram were a bit disappointing compared to the gods we got from generations before, so the pool didn't really grow from Generation 4. I guess Genesect was a big thing, though.

Gen 6: Incredible from a fantasy point of view. You have insane concepts at work here and the expansion of the RSE lore was amazing. For the first time, Groudon didn't autolose to Kyogre and the rivalry was a lot more balanced. Rayquaza now has an actual edge against Kyogre instead of getting flattened like before. Xerneas and Yveltal also broke free from the "base 90 speed" curse which plagued so many Ubers in the past, and their typings gave a breath of fresh air from the dragon spams we received in the previous generations. From a balance point of view it's kind of messed up but Ubers was never really that big on that sort of thing so I didn't mind it as much as (what appears to be) quite a number of users. Groudon and Rayquaza particularly were balanced more around doubles than singles, and they're overall less dominant there, especially Rayquaza.

I'd say Gen 4 was overall my favorite because I think the community was at its best then. Gen 5 had potential but I became inactive as a surge of new players came in so I couldn't really judge the community growth much there.

And semi-related since this is a fun question, do you think Game Freak went too far with the Hoenn trio in ORAS?
Somewhat. Primal Groudon basically has no weaknesses and too many strengths, Mega Ray is far too strong in singles. Primal Kyogre is okay since in a vacuum it's really not much stronger than regular Kyogre. Then again, regular Kyogre is conceptually absurd to begin with so as long as they found a way to not get it walled by Primal Groudon it'd still be really strong. That said, I do love gamefreak's attempts with insanity here, because the Gen 5 Dragons were overall such a disappointment ("The Original Dragon" never came to be: we only got half-fusions). At least Zekrom and Kyurem-W have some viability.
Battle Spot related, Any niche/uncommon Pokemon you've had luck with in Battle Spot, or niche stuff in general you think might work?
Had some success with Mega Ampharos in XY as I was searching for a Talonflame + Rotom-W check that isn't Lanturn (I had reasons for this but I forgot). Mega Ampharos's coverage and immense power often netted me crucial kills as long as it got the opportunity to switch in, and its bulk made it difficult to KO.

Curious about this since you're primarily a singles player, but obviously have experience with doubles, including a very high GS Cup placement: Do you still find singles the better format? In particular, 3 v 3 over 6 v 6? I'm interested in hearing about this because it's generally been my experience that those who move into doubles or triples tend to favor them (I myself have never really understood singles), but yeah -- willing to hear about it!
Part of the reason I play Singles is due to tradition and comfort. Overall I think doubles is a better format because it makes matchups less one-sided when you consider partner synergies and better field control. As far as 3v3 vs 6v6, I don't have a clear preference. 3v3 makes better use of team preview in a sense that it makes the pokemon selection screen actually relevant instead of well...just a preview. It's not always a good thing, however, because it does sometimes decide matches too quickly (wrong lead matchup is more devastating here). 6v6 on the other hand means you'll never have to feel bad about leaving a Pokemon out, but the extended nature of the format leads to various abuse cases (BP chains, Moody, Shadow Tag + Sableye, etc).

Do you have any favorite cores in BSS?
Not any in particular. Mega Gengar + Azumarill might be my favorite, I'm not sure. The core I use most is Blaziken/Ferro/Zapdos, but that has issues vs strong Fire moves. I typically favor flexible cores over cores w/ specific directions.

What other games do you play besides Pokemon?
League of Legends

Last edited:
Our next interviewee:

NOVED is set to be interviewed either Sunday or Monday!

In the meantime, if anybody has anymore questions they would like to ask, feel free to do so.

Jibaku

How was smogon like back in 2005?
If my foggy memory recalls, things were p basic back then

When you play a pkmn game, you just follow the rules. No room to question them. No suspect tests. Bans were done by the authority and we just played them (much like Battle Spot).

Community was small but there was this very noticeable sense of elitism.

Analyses were pretty casual and short. Things like "Groudon is the best Pokemon in the game" were accepted as part of an analysis. I miss the opinion section.

Here's an example of how analyses used to look
http://www.smogon.com/dex/rs/pokemon/fearow/

And then there's NetBattle, which had its amazing share of funny quotes and screenshots to remember for life.

People loved making arbitrary rules in NetBattle, myself included

No ladder. You learned mons from challenging randoms or mods.

You could contribute individual sets. You didn't need more than a few sentences to justify it.

http://www.smogon.com/dex/rs/pokemon/mew/

The Hypnosis CM set is mine (please don't use this LOL as it is terrible but you get an idea of how simple things were back then)

Last edited:
LoL. Still better than -SpA Fearow using HP ground(seriously?)

What's your favorite Pokémon in the top 12 for usage in BSS? Least favorite? Do you think the next Pokémon games should have Primall Dialga and Palkia? Primal Dialga is un Mystery Dungeons Explorers of Sky, so it seems right. Would you say Giratina-O is better than Altered Form, or are they about equal. Since you mentioned Clefafable, a Pokémon I really like and use a lot, do you think Healing Wish is a good move for it in BSS? I've had great success w. it, so I imagine it is a good move.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
LoL. Still better than -SpA Fearow using HP ground(seriously?)
In gen III, physical and special moves were based on typing, and Ground was a physical type back then, so Hidden Power Ground was a physical Ground move for Fearow

Jibaku

What's your favorite Pokémon in the top 12 for usage in BSS? Least favorite?
Favorite: Garchomp, Mega Salamence, Blaziken. I also really like (and hate) Mega Gengar so that one's a bit tricky but it can fit into both questions.
Least Favorite: Probably Talonflame because it gets checked so easily + 4x SR weak is always annoying

Do you think the next Pokémon games should have Primall Dialga and Palkia?
Yeah that'd be nice. I think Palkia in general needs some kind of buff but it historically has the tendency to be -really- annoying to switch into so I wonder how this will work out.

Would you say Giratina-O is better than Altered Form, or are they about equal.
-O for pretty much anything
Since you mentioned Clefafable, a Pokémon I really like and use a lot, do you think Healing Wish is a good move for it in BSS? I've had great success w. it, so I imagine it is a good move.
It's alright but Clefable has a pretty annoying 4mss so idk how you can fit it in really.

Favorite: Garchomp, Mega Salamence, Blaziken. I also really like (and hate) Mega Gengar so that one's a bit tricky but it can fit into both questions.
Least Favorite: Probably Talonflame because it gets checked so easily + 4x SR weak is always annoying

Yeah that'd be nice. I think Palkia in general needs some kind of buff but it historically has the tendency to be -really- annoying to switch into so I wonder how this will work out.

-O for pretty much anything

It's alright but Clefable has a pretty annoying 4mss so idk how you can fit it in really.
-O for pretty much everything, except for Balanced Hackmons, mind you. Bulk for dayz.

#4 NOVED

Misaka Mikoto:
Hello NOVED, could you tell us a little bit about yourself? Your interests, hobbies, occupation, and anything else you're willing to share?

NOVED: I'm a college student and I like playing Pokemon among a few other games. I work at a small pizzeria my family owns; been working there for about 5 or 6 years.

Misaka Mikoto: How does it feel to be a college student? I'll be starting college next year.

NOVED: It's pretty nice, definitely a lot better than high school. I've got a lot of time between my classes most days and that's really sweet. Most people here are friendly too. Also I commute, so I don't really have to deal with the shitty dorms, bad food, and shit wifi.

Misaka Mikoto: Nice! It's always better to live at home and go to college than to pay extra money out of pocket. How long have you been playing Pokemon and what made you get into it?

NOVED: I was a big fan of the show when I was really young and I played with a lot of Pokemon toys. I think in 2nd grade I finally got the games. All my friends had it, so I got into it as well, playing with them. I got really hooked and played it a ton. Though, back then, I didn't know about competitive Pokemon and didn't really look up Pokemon resources on the internet. But after Diamond and Pearl, I took a break from Pokemon for a good while. When X/Y was announced, I got interested in Pokemon again and played through the Black and White games to catch up with the series before X/Y was released. Once I learned about competitive Pokemon I started playing even more than I used to as a kid.

Misaka Mikoto: What made you get into the Battle Spot metagame?

NOVED: Well, breeding in-game was pretty easy in X/Y, so I started doing that a lot. I didn't want them all to just sit in my box forever, so I started battling. At first I started with OU since that's what most people play. I used to look for battles in wifi threads on 4Chan, but for me that felt like too much of a hassle just for battling. So I tried out Battle Spot since you could find games pretty easily.

Misaka Mikoto: That brings me to my next question, what made you get into the Battle Spot forums besides having an interest in the metagame?

NOVED: Well I'm really new to Smogon and competitive Pokemon in general. When X/Y came out I went on vp basically expecting to talk about Pokemon casually, but I soon learned about being competitive and Smogon after I started going there. I'd used PS quite a bit ever since X/Y's release and the forums were always in the back of my mind, but I never really started posting until a bit over a year ago I think. I don't remember why I went to the forums exactly but I just felt like talking about Pokemon I guess.

Misaka Mikoto: Who is an up-and-coming contributor you've noticed in the Battle Spot forums and why?

NOVED: Well these guys have both been posting for some months I think, so I don't know if they're still considered up and coming, but Bobochan and Demantoid are both great posters. Bobochan usually has good insight and has done nice work in his first analyses. Demantoid has great quality posts and places really well in all of the online competitions.

Misaka Mikoto: If you could change anything in Battle Spot, what would it be?

NOVED: I would say no team preview just cause I enjoy playing games without team preview, but that wouldn't really make sense with picking 3. I'd change Swagger's accuracy to 100 probably. Oh, and I'd ban Dark Void. Because fuck Dark Void.

Misaka Mikoto: I've been wondering, how did you get the name NOVED?

NOVED: Haha I think most of the people around the PS room know. It's just my name backwards. Devon, noveD. My name's pronounced Dev-in, but feel free to pronounce NOVED any way you like.

Misaka Mikoto: I swear I heard that before but I can't put my finger on it. We're almost done here. What's your favorite Pokemon and why?

NOVED: Ampharos is my favorite. It was the first Pokemon I got to level 100. I used it 90% of the time in Pokemon Gold, so I've always been fond of it after the old memories. My favorite Pokemon to use competitively is Thundurus though, it's really consistent and just fun to use. I guess I have a thing for Electric-types.

Misaka Mikoto: Haha, I guess that answers my next question in your favorite Pokemon type to use.

NOVED: Haha yeah I would say so. Electric-types are pretty cool, most of them are hard to switch into, and defensively they're nice as a Flying check. It's a really nice type to have on teams imo.

Misaka Mikoto: Is there any advice you would give to Battle Spot newcomers and players?

NOVED: Play the in-game ladder as much as you can. That's the best practice you can get. Don't be too bothered by ladder rank, especially if you're a new battler, even battles around 1500 will be good experience. Don't don't be shy around the forums and PS room. Most people here are pretty helpful and we like having more people interested in Battle Spot. Also this is just a general Pokemon tip, but don't let hax and bad matchups get to your head. It's Pokemon and that happens. Controlling yourself after those kinds of battles can go a long way.

Misaka Mikoto: Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview with me NOVED!

NOVED: No problem, it's been fun!

Join us next time on

Battle Spot Interview Central!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I always hear the others on skype pronounce your name "no-ved", but I say "nove-d" (with the o's sounding like they do in snow, for those who aren't aware). Which do you prefer?

Why do you want Swagger buffed but Dark Void banned? Seems.. hypocritical contradictory, lol. Do you think there are some forms of 'hax' that are ok, whereas others are OP? Are there any more gimmicky / 'haxy' strats / moves that you'd like buffed / nerfed? Would you say your playstyle fits the more haxy moves, or do you like balance?

How do you like being a Room Owner? It's nice to see one of the forum guys rise up the ranks amongst the PS regulars.

I know you play all singles, doubles and triples, which do you like more? Do they all have something different that you like about them? If so, what are those things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)