Battle Spot Premier League - FINALS! [Won by: Castelia Cavaliers]

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

BSPL Spreadsheet
Schedule Form

FINALS

vs

(4) Castelia Cavaliers vs Saffron Side-Pups (2)
BSS: kamikaze vs Natalie.
BSS: Jibaku vs qsns
BSS: bobochan vs Jhon
BSD: I Am a Rookie vs SamVGC
BSD: Memoric vs Alex Gomez
GBU: Megazard vs Feis

Deadline is Sunday, November 13th, 11:59PM EST

All formats are Bo3. BSD is team locked (just like VGC15), but you can freely switch teams between games for BSS and GBU.

MAKE SURE TO SAVE REPLAYS!

HAVE FUN!!!! :O

THE CHAMPIONS WILL GET TO HAVE A CUSTOM TITLE, AS WELL AS GET THE "BSPL CHAMPIONS" TITLE ON THE DISCORD SERVER !
Disconnections and Timer Clause: In live tournaments with short time constraints such as the Smogon Tour, if a player disconnects or times out, the opponent may take the win. In other tournaments, if a player disconnects and contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason (*), the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.
*: Due to the "not bringing all 6 Pokemon" mechanic of Battle Spot formats, a game recreation will NOT be done because in many cases it's not possible to identify the 3/4 Pokemon brought into battle.

Simulator Glitches: Any battle mechanics not properly implemented in the simulator used for a tournament battle are fair game, unless explicitly banned by that tournament's rules. Illegal movesets that are not restricted by the simulator fall into this category as well. However, this does not include faulty tier scripts; for example, if there was a bug in the BW OU tier script that allowed you to use Drizzle and Swift Swim on the same team, taking advantage of this would result in disqualification in that battle. If a game breaking glitch is discovered, we will make a blanket tournament ban on that glitch via an announcement in the Tournaments forum until it is fixed.

Ghosting: The player in a tournament battle should be the one making their own decisions. Do not tell a player what move to make in a tournament battle (i.e. do not "ghost" them), and do not make your moves based on another person's suggestions. If we are made aware that someone playing a tournament battle is making some of their moves based mainly on the suggestions of someone else, punishments may be handed out to both parties involved.

Identity: Pretending to be another player in relation to a tournament battle is strictly prohibited. Do not try to impersonate or play as another player.

Rule Breaking: If a player breaks a rule during a battle, they are disqualified from that particular battle. If it was a single battle in a series, they will still have the opportunity to play the rest of the series.

Draws: If a battle ends in a draw in an elimination tournament or another tournament format that is unable to handle draws, there should be a rematch between the players with the option for both players to change teams.

Forfeiting: A player may forfeit their battle during or after the battle, as long as the result has not been confirmed by the host. If a player forfeits before a battle commences in the first round of a tournament, they are eligible for substitution if appropriate. We highly recommend that you do not forfeit your tournament battles just because you got lucky, but we do not enforce this.

Host / Tournament Director Decisions: The host may make a judgment call on the outcome of a battle with a disputed result, even if one player has broken the rules. If you believe the host has made an unjust decision, you may inform the Tournament Director responsible for the tournament of the situation and request that they make a final call on it.

Sportsmanship: If a player displays exceedingly poor sportsmanship before, during, or after a tournament battle, they may be disqualified or otherwise punished.

Last edited:
(4) Castelia Cavaliers vs Saffron Side-Pups (2)
BSS: kamikaze vs Natalie.
This will be a close one but I think kami will take the win. Natalie is not someone you can discount though. It will go down to the final game with kami pulling through at the end.

BSS: Jibaku vs qsns
Jibaku may be the best bss player on the site. I don't see him losing this one at all.

BSS: bobochan vs Jhon
Bobo and Jhon are both great players but Jhon has plenty of tours experience and will not let his team down in the finals.

BSD: I Am a Rookie vs SamVGC
I Am a Rookie will be furious his clean record was tainted by a loss to Matame last week. He will be determined to win this one for his team.

BSD: Memoric vs Alex Gomez
DOUTL. Enough said.

GBU: Megazard vs Feis
This might be a bit controversial. Megazard is on fire right now since he's the only player who is 5-0 right now. This will go to his head and he will lose to Feis in 2 games.

Cavs will take this one and cant say will not stop talking about how he won both the Wi-Fi tour and bspl which will lead to the final oras battle spot civil war.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
LAS VEGAS GENGARS

Since the season's over, I would just like to make an appreciative post to my team and the league.

I'm sure at this point everyone knows my buying strategy kinda failed massively; I wanted to save money to get you guys in particular but never imagined I'd get you all for so cheap. So I passed up getting all the high level established players that I could've gotten, and ended up with kind of amateur hour. It ended up being good though, throughout the tour we bonded and shit and every time we got a win it was unexpected and hype af. Nobody had an ego and we really had good team chemistry together. So I'm really happy with how things turned out, even if we didn't make it to the playoffs.

SAY IT WITH ME LV LV

Individualized shoutouts:

Demantoid: Yooooo assman! Really solid and consistent player, you were great this season. You didn't really do much in the way of assistant managing, (not that you needed to) but you inspired the team with your consistent performance and hype gimmicks and plays. Maybe now bobo will realize you're actually a Doubles player.

Brian12345: The Stone Cold Killer. You're a man of few words but much action. Things didn't go as great as we hoped but you were never one to make excuses and always analyzed your plays. Just like you, I'll keep this brief.

Anirav: Tbh, you impressed me. I didn't know you could roll with the big boys but you proved me wrong. Some impressive wins, even though you were busy and not really feeling the game anymore. Nice.

6tennis: "6tennis will never play" is kind of a good meme now but you were a good sport about not playing and still being involved despite not ever getting a chance. "Coach Tennis" was really funny and showed how you could have a sense of humor about the whole situation. You made the chat more fun for sure.

Elegyy: Man, your hip hop anthem was so hype, we have been quoting that shit all day and some other players have taken it up too. Even though your record was complete ass, I say you earned your worth on the team with that. You were also a good team player, able to laugh off your record and you recommended Matame play which went extremely well. That shows a level of humility which we appreciated. SAY IT WITH ME LV LV

LegoFigure11: You were definitely an extremely positive chat presence, very fun and hype and you just had a chill attitude about everything. Your games were so extremely hype with their creative strategies, although it's hard to tell which ones were just cant say's and which were actually yours :thinking:

Sopheon: Maybe we overhyped you a bit too much :( Bad luck about the record, but don't let it knock your duck off! You were a fun person to have in the chat, and it was great to get to know you better and fight you in Smash. Also can you help me to become twitter famous.

Matame: LOL. Where tf did you come from? I had no idea who you were before this, and only bought you because I had like 30k credits left and everyone else was done and I had no idea I didn't have to keep going. But man, that was definitely a blessing in disguise. Thanks to Elegyy recommending you to go in doubles and him failing so badly I put you in, and man you did work. Taking down huge names here and there and ending huge win streaks and basically doing what nobody at all expected, least of all me. You really put your money where your mouth is and taught us all a little lesson about underestimating players who aren't name brands. (Although now you will be so rip)

To everyone else who wasn't really around and never got a chance to play: sorry about that.

Team, I know the season is over but:

SAY IT WITH ME LV LV

Congrats to all the other teams. Wish we had Psynergy vs GroudonEmpire in the finals, but alas we got two terrible teams so I'm not gonna root for anyone. Funny that this and Trump vs. Hillary is happening in the same week :suspicious:

Finally, thanks to DragonWhale for spot-on hosting and planning all on his own, never missing a beat. Really pleased with how this BSPL went! I hope that a lot of people have gained an interest and appreciation in our formats and will participate in our forum going forward!

Does it matter who wins? The series has been glorious, and we simply must do it again in the future.
Kind of sad I chose to sit it out, PS! isn't my thing but I coulda stomached it. BSD could of used the most arrogant bastard on the forum right? Now that BS is shut down I'm fucking homeless :P
It doesn't matter if you're 5-0, 0-5, or 2-3, I enjoyed watching many of the replays. I was impressed by people I've never heard of, and I lost damn near every bet. And we ALL got to see the matchup of Demantoid vs Mishimono and it was hype as fuck, my life is now complete.

Hax have mercy upon you all, and lets hope there isn't a 3-3 tie lol.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Congrats to all the other teams. Wish we had Psynergy vs GroudonEmpire in the finals, but alas we got two terrible teams so I'm not gonna root for anyone. Funny that this and Trump vs. Hillary is happening in the same week :suspicious:
Yeah this tour is missing out on the dream matchup of me vs Pearl in finals, in a heated Tacticat mirror. Sometimes the greatest matches are just not meant to be...

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lost in some ggs, finally got counterteamed hard for bringing generally the same stuff. shouldve just brought rain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)