Battle Spot Battle Spot Singles Odyssey

Good morning/night to all! Thank you in advance for checking this.

I would like some help in the battle spot Singles, with my team. Ive always played 6vs6 singles. I became a competitive trainer in the 5th gen and now Id like to play in VGC.

But before that I want to climb the ladder in singles for old times sake hahah and like get more accustomed to the meta (I was kind of absent in competitive play since 2012 until now, 2016. Gosh those are many years xd.) I know Singles and doubles are two different worlds but right now I want to focus on Singles and Rotations. Without further ado here are my stars:

Charizard Charizardite X

(Jolly, 252att, 252spe,4spdef)

-Dragon Claw

-Flare Blitz

-Dragón Dance

-Roost/Thunderpunch

Landorus TRocky Helmet (/assault vest/leftovers)

Impish,252hp,252Def,4att

-Earthquake

-Stone Edge/Rock Slide

-Stealth Rock/Knock Off

-U turn/Superpower

Greninja Life Orb

Naive, 252spatt,252spe,4att

-Gunk Shot

-Grass knot

-Ice beam

-Dark pulse

Suicune Leftovers

Calm,252 hp, 252 Def, 4spdef

-Scald

-Calm Mind

-Rest

-Sleep Talk

Cresselia Sitrus berry(/rocky helmet, leftovers,???, light clay?)

Bold, 252 hp, 160 Def, 92 spdef

-Psychic

-Moonlight

-Lunar dance

-Thunder wave

Lucario @lucarionite

Jolly,252att,252spe

-Close Combat

-Iron Tail

-Extremespeed

-Swords Dance

It would be good to say that I play a bit stubbornely (does that word exist? Hahah I actually speak spanish) in the way that I really focus on using the mons I like. I dont care that much about using the most OU mons only, but I believe this team has a nice balance in my faves and strong competitive ones as I like them all a lot (newfound love in the Orange lion too) As well as an interesting type sinergy. My thing is that besides types, I gotta put as priority how good is their moves and roles sinergy.

It is a very straight forward team. Physical Sweepers in Luke and Zard, Greninja kills fairies, dragons, and almost anything lol he is sweep support for the team. If I need something, Gren has it. Landorus is somewhat a physical attacker and wall, nice coverage and typing that. Charizard, Greninja and Landorus are my main guys. They were the ones I beat the Super Singles 50 battles with.

Suicune is plain ol' crocune. Calm because that is how I caught it in oras xd. He has a helpful water attack plus is just crocune, it is great. It has saved me many times. Cresselia is a supporter and tank. Plus she is a second life for sweepers courtesy of Lunar dance. Levitate helps too. Lucario is my secondary mega and my favorite pokemon. And is one of my three fave megas along Char X and MSceptile.

I was thinking about putting MSceptile instead of MLucario as it fills some holes like killing Mega Slowbro whom is an annoying threat for the team(thus Thunderpunch in Zard, but I guess it doesnt help much) and well thats all hahah.

Start the arguments!

Hey man, cool team. You actually need at least 3 lines of description for each mon on the team, you can check out the RMT rules here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rmt-rules-resources-required-reading.3534875/

Some quick changes I think would help though, Change Sleep Talk to Ice Beam and run Chesto Berry instead of Leftovers. In 3v3, CroCune isn't really as reliable cause the meta is very offensive and relying on Sleep Talk can be super unreliable. I also think Bold would be better than Calm. Calm isn't really necessary especially since you aren't really investing in SpDef.

I see you're sort of questioning what item to run on Cress. I personally think Rocky Helmet is the best, works nice on that set you have for it and that's usually the standard Cress that most people run. Though Cress typically likes to go Max HP & Defense rather than a mixed.

Also I think Mega Luc would be better running Special with Nasty Plot. That way you have double Megas and each one is a lot more different and unique, rather than having two megas as physical sweepers. I think running Special Luc will give you more of a reason to use it when deciding between Luc & Zard.

And if wanna learn more or ever wanna chat about BSS with other people who play you should check out our PS room: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespot

Hope you're enjoying your time playing again :)

Huh. Basically what NOVED said.

But also I'm wondering what the EVs on Cress are for. I make some super complex EV spreads, so I wonder about other peeple's. Everything else on your team is max/ Max, so that makes me think you eithr spent a lot of time on the EVs or got them from somewhere.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Firstly, it makes it much easier for us to rate if you use the standardised set format which looks like this:

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Roost / Thunderpunch

It's a small thing, but we really appreciate it as raters. Anyway, onto your team!

Unless you're using a bulky Charizard, Dragon Claw is severely outclassed by Outrage. Adamant is also usually better than Jolly, +1 Adamant outspeeds everything anyway...

Having both defensive Lando-T and Cresselia makes it really hard to decide where your Rocky Helmet goes, I personally like it on Lando-T better. As for Cres, I think Safety Goggles is a legit option so you can have a dedicated Breloom counter since he kinda messes up your whole team. If goggles are too niche for you though then maybe try Leftovers or Sitrus Berry.

Greninja wants 20 Atk EVs to OHKO Azumarill, the whole reason you run Gunk Shot in the first place.. take them from SpA. Grass Knot is cool for beating Suicune (I'm guessing that's why you have it) but have a think about Extrasensory as a way to beat Mega Venusaur, which gives your team headaches outside of Mega Charizard (it will just Leech Seed / Toxic your Cres and stall with Synthesis).

As for Suicune and Lucario, go with NOVED's suggestions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)