VGC Baxcalibur [GP 1/1]

[OVERVIEW]

* Baxcalibur's massive Attack stat, solid bulk, and STAB Ice-type moves allow it to apply immediate offensive pressure or set up to sweep. Landorus, Raging Bolt, Rillaboom, and Amoonguss fear its Ice-type STAB moves, and Incineroar and Ogerpon-W struggle to damage Baxcalibur, which opens up setup opportunities.

* Incineroar, Rillaboom, Ogerpon-W, and Amoonguss are great teammates for Baxcalibur, providing Intimidate, Fake Out, Grassy Terrain, and redirection support to give it opportunities to set up Swords Dance and fire off its attacks. Baxcalibur also functions well on Pelipper + Archaludon rain teams, as it threatens Raging Bolt, Amoonguss, Landorus, and Rillaboom, all of which rain struggles against.

* Steel-types like Kingambit and Gholdengo resist Baxcalibur's STAB attacks, which can hinder its ability to sweep or punch holes. In addition, the prevalence of Flutter Mane, Urshifu-R, and Urshifu-S can pressure it to Terastallize. Baxcalibur's low Speed can also make it struggle to keep up with offensive pressure from the opposing side.

[SET]

Baxcalibur @ Clear Amulet
Level: 50
Ability: Thermal Exchange
EVs: 220 HP / 196 Atk / 4 Def / 36 SpD / 52 Spe
Tera Type: Poison
Adamant Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash/ Swords Dance
- Protect

[SET COMMENTS]

* With the given EV spread, Baxcalibur can outspeed -1 Landorus and survive Choice Band Wicked Blow from Urshifu-S, a Tera Stellar Sacred Sword from Chien-Pao, and a Dazzling Gleam from Choice Specs Flutter Mane.

* Glaive Rush is Baxcalibur's best Dragon-type STAB because of its massive Base Power, with Protect offsetting the drawback. Ice Shard makes up for Baxcalibur's middling Speed tier and threatens Landorus. Icicle Crash is a good Ice-type STAB that has a chance to flinch the target. Swords Dance grants Baxcalibur a boosting move that makes it a more threatening Pokemon to the opposition.

* Tera Poison grants Baxcalibur a to resistance Urshifu's Close Combat and Flutter Mane's Fairy-type moves while also being a great neutral type against the majority of the metagame.

* Clear Amulet gives Baxcalibur an immunity to Intimidate from the likes of Incineroar and Hisuian-Arcanine. It also helps against Icy Wind from Flutter Mane and ElectroWeb from Assault Vest Raging Bolt.

* Thermal Exchange prevents Baxcalibur from being burned by Wil-O-Wisp users like Incineroar in addition to deterring Ogerpon-H and Chi-Yu from using their Fire-type STAB moves.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/tundrarage65.638516/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/lovelyluna.641287/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/jesuuuus.627748/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/soulboyvgc.5584
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/stupidflandrs48.633500/

Last edited:

LovelyLuna

Lost in a life full of mistakes
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Would recommend more detail before I properly QC this, teammates should go in the overview section. Set comments should have an expansion of the EV spread and why less obvious moves are chosen. Also QC 0/2 until 2 members check it.

^ when its a work in progress give it the red WIP thingy, and once it is complete then change it to yellow Quality Control - this will let the QC team know when it's ready to be checked. Also you don't have to do this, but I like to format my overview section as following as it helps me ensure I have written about everything relevant:

* Bullet Point 1: What are this pokemon's main strengths and how does it's strengths help it fulfil it's role?

* Bullet Point 2: If it's not spashable, what Pokemon is it often paired alongside? How do these Pokemon help it?

* Bullet Point 3: What are this Pokemon's main weaknesses? This can be matchups that it finds difficult or weaknesses in the way the pokemon is built, such as some poor stats, a lack of coverage or something less obvious such as Basculegion wanting it's allies to die to become strong, which can make it difficult to lead.

Last edited:
:0 big ice dragon - here are my thoughts, implement what you like, nice analysis
Add, Remove, Highlight, Comment
[OVERVIEW]

* Baxcalibur is a sleeper threat due to how difficult it can be to place on a team. However, it's very threatening if placed well and supported properly. It's massive Attack Stat, solid bulk, great ice STABs (imo dragon is not a great offensive type, it only hits dragon for s.e. which ice hits anyway) and other merits (such as... good def type? - especially into balance cores) allow it to throw out its offense (reword) or set up to increase its threatening power offensive pressure, with the ability to sweep, pick off weakened Pokemon from the opposing side, or weaken the opposition for its teammates to take care of the rest. (this last bit seems a little general - picking off opponents with ice shard worth mentioning in set comments). I would try to link how each of bax's strength helps it out - it's good STAB and high attack help it deal massive immediate damage, while its good bulk and solid def typing help it set up.

* Inciniroar and Ogerpon-Wellspring or Amoonguss are great teammates for it, providing redirection support and Fake Out + Intimidate support respectively to give it opportunities to set up Swords Dance and Fire off its attacks. (reword) Baxcalibur is also a solid choice for functions on Pelipper (spelling) Archaludon rain teams. Threatening the as it threatens Pokemon (capital P on Pokemon) Rain struggles against. (such as...)

* As most time it uses its STABs, steels wall it, which makes its job of punching holes or sweeping a bit more difficult. Steel-types resist both it's STAB attacks which can inhibit Baxcalibur's ability to sweep teams. (reword) In addition, the prevalence of Flutter Mane, and Urshifu-R and Urshifu-S its threatened can pressure it to Tera at times. (What about Bax's low speed, can mean it can struggle to relieve offensive pressure on it's team outside of 40bp ice shard)

[SET]

Ability: Thermal Exchange (/ ice body if you think snow teams are worth a mention?)
Adamant Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Ice Shard / Swords Dance - talk about when you would use each one in set comments
- Icicle Crash
- Protect

[SET COMMENTS]
*With the following EV spread, Baxcalibur survives a -1 Close Combat from Urshifu-R and Urshifu-S, if it's not holding a Choice Band. And survives a Choice Band Dragonite E-Speed even with Sword of Ruin active, and it also survives a Chien-Pao Scared Sword. Put in multiple bullet points.

*Tera Poison grants a Fighting and Fairy resist to bax, while also granting it a neutrality to Dragon. (dont need to reword type chart, instead why tera posion e.g. urshifu, flutter mane. No include tera fairy, it hasn't seen much usage)

* Can it survive landorus E power?

[CREDITS]
Written by:

Checked by:

LovelyLuna

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Gm, will be doing a recheck to see how everything went. Also keep in mind to add a space between the * and your point.

Add, Remove, Highlight, Comment.

[OVERVIEW]

*Baxcalibur is a sleeper (Consider wording this, as sleeper suggests that it's underrated/underused. Keep in mind Bax's viability when writing.) threat due to how difficult it can be to place on a team. However, it's very threatening if placed well and supported properly. Its (Wrong its!!) massive Attack Stat, solid bulk, great and Ice STAB (Suggests that Bax's Ice moves are great rather than the type itself, Icicle Crash/Spear are pretty unfortunate.) and other merits, such as its good defensive typing, allow it to immediately apply offensive pressure or set up to increase its offensive pressure due to its good bulk and defensive typing (Ice/Dragon only has 3 resistances and weak to half of the relevant offensive threats. Bulk and offensive pressure bits are pretty much repeating yourself.), allowing it to sweep or weaken the opposition for its teammates. (Good matchups here.)

*Inciniroar and Ogerpon-Wellspring or Amoongus are great teammates for it, providing redirection support and Fake Out + Intimidate support respectively (Swap these, otherwise it sounds like Incinineroar gives redirection support.) to give it opportunities to set up Swords Dance and fire off its attacks. Baxcalibur is also functions well on Pelipper Archaludon rain teams. As it threatens the Pokémon Rain struggles against, such as Landorus, Raging Bolt, Amoongus, and Rillaboom which rain struggles against. In addition, while on the rarer side, Baxcalibur functions on Snow teams well due to its 50% defense boost in snow for its Ice typing, and it doing well with Aurora Veil granting it set up opportunities. (Mainly trimming here, Landorus is one of the most annoying Pokemon for Arch, with an immunity to Electro Shot and the ability to threaten it in and out of Tera. Baxcalibur has not seen usage with snow since a 5-4 result at Melbourne, just outclassed there usually.)

* Steel types (like?) resist its STAB attacks, which can hinder its ability to sweep or punch holes. In addition, the prevalence of Flutter Mane, Urshifu-R and Urshifu-S can pressure it to Tera. And it's low speed also can make it struggle to apply offensive pressure.

[SET]

Ability: Thermal Exchange/Ice Body
Adamant Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Ice Shard/ Dragon Dance/ Swords Dance
- Protect

[SET COMMENTS]

*With the following EV spread, Baxcalibur survives:

* a -1 Close Combat from Urshifu-R and Urshifu-S, if it's not holding a Choice Band.

*Survives a Choice Band Dragonite E-Speed even with Sword of Ruin active.

*Survives a Chien-Pao Scared Sword.

*Survives a Earth Power from Landorus-I

(Move the EVs into one bullet point. Baxca;ibur survives all of these even without investment. Flutter Mane Moonblast, Special Attack Booster Energy Tera Fairy Dazzling Gleam, and avoiding the 2HKO from Special Attack Booster Energy Shadow Ball are better calcs on the special side. Adamant Tera Stellar Chien-Pao Sacred Sword and even Choice Band Wicked Blow are options. Note how it outspeed -1 Landorus too.)

*Ice Shard grants a priority move to let it go first and do solid damage especially with a swords dance boost makes up for Baxcalibur's speed tier and threatens Landorus. Icicle Crash and Glaive Rush are good in general STABs for it to have. And in the case you go with Swords Dance instead of Icicle Crash, it grants you a boosting move that makes Baxcalibur a more threatening pokemon to the opposition. And Dragon Dance for similar reasons with the exchange of doing less damage for extra speed. (The main issue here is Strategy Dex info, it tells me that Ice Shard is an ice-type priority move, what this section is for is to specify why Baxcalbur would want a priority Ice-type move, what metagame niche does a certain move provide. This is specifically for unusual moves and when you have its strongest most consistent STABs, I don't think anyone is going to question. Giving you opportunity to do the rest of the dex info in your own words before I do it in my recheck.)

*Tera Poison grants a way for it to resist Urshifu's Fighting-type moves, and Flutter Manes Fairy-type moves.

*Clear Amulet gives Baxcalibur an immunity to Intimidate.

*Thermal Exchange prevents Baxcalibur from being burned in addition to gaining an attack boost if it's hit my a fire type move, while Ice Body is also a another option for Snow teams granting it healing under snow.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Checked by:

Here are my current thoughts :)
[OVERVIEW]

* Baxcalibur is a potent sleeper threat (Try to avoid language like this which implies a pokemon is under/overused, 1. because pokemon usage can vary week to week and 2. its difficult to say this for sure without results to back it up)who is able to be very threatening if placed positioned well and supported properly, it only doesn't see much usage due to it's difficulty placing on a team (again talking about usage). It's massive Attack Stat, solid bulk, and Ice STAB, allow it to immediately apply offensive pressure or set up to sweep or weaken the opposition for its teammates (repeated yourself here, applying offensive pressure and weakening the opposition are pretty much the same thing). Landorus-I and Raging Bolt fear it's Ice STAB, Scarf Urshifu-R locked in a Water Type move (remove since it cant be both a good MU and a bad MU), Inciniroar, and Rillaboom don't want to stay on the field because it threatens all of them, Dragonite doesn't appreciate it because it's always threatening massive damage with Icicle Crash (Dragonite is only seen on HO teams, and will pretty much always tera normal. extreme speed will outpace it for damage, so I don't think you can say it matches up positively into it) Amoongus fears the Ice STAB that Baxcalibur threatens, Ogerpon-Wellspring can't do enough damage to it and takes serious damage from Baxcalibur. (green highlighted are all members of Fire Water Grass cores - can you summarise this by saying it does well into that archetype - Luna this is what I meant by it has a good defensive typing lol perhaps I should have been more precise with my wording)

* Inciniroar and Ogerpon-Wellspring or Amoongus are great teammates for it, providing Fake Out + Intimidate support and redirection support respectively to give it opportunities to set up Swords Dance and Fire off its attacks. (also Rillaboom - fake out support and g terrain recovery such as on Fionas or Flavios teams) Baxcalibur also functions well on Pelipper Archaludon rain teams, as it threatens Raging Bolt, Amoongus (amoonguss spelt with two s), and Rillaboom, all of which Rain struggles against. Especially Landorus-I because of its immunity to Electro shot and ability to threaten massive damage in and out of Tera.

* Steel types, like Kinggambit and Heatran (gholdengo also! you could mention tera steel landorus, as it turns a MU it is supposed to win into one it loses), resist its STAB attacks, which can hinder its ability to sweep or punch holes. In addition, the prevalence of Flutter Mane, Urshifu-R and Urshifu-S can pressure it to Tera. And it's low speed also can can also make it struggle to apply relieve (it still applies offensive pressure, its low speed stat means it can struggle to get rid of of.pressure onto its teammates and itself - think of how if scarf urshifu sees a KO it can try to KO with little risk - if bax sees a KO theres a good chance it's the slowest pokemon on the field so there is a risk that it or it's teammate dies through a double up.) offensive pressure. Urshifu-S is a notably tricky MU, there is very little risk of it clicking wicked blow into it for a 2HKO especially since Bax can't get threaten it too much, and it's pressuring tera else cc is an OHKO. Additionally tera-dark wicked blow from banded urshifu will OHKO.

[SET]

Adamant Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Ice Shard
- Protect

[SET COMMENTS]

* With the following EV spread, Baxcalibur can out-speed a -1 Landorus-I , survive a -1 Close Combat from Urshifu, Banded Wicked Blow from Urshifu-S, Survives a Tera Stellar Chien-Pao Scared Sword, and a solid chance to survive a Tera Fairy Dazzling Gleam from a Sp.Att Booster Flutter Mane, and without Tera, it Survives the attack. (blame me for suggesting to put it into different bullet points lol)

* Ice Shard makes up for Baxcaliburs speed tier and threatens Landorus. And in the case you go with Swords Dance instead of Icicle Crash, it grants you a boosting move that makes Baxcalibur a more threatening pokemon to the opposition.

*Tera Poison grants a way for it to resist Urshifu's Fighting type and Flutter Manes Fairy type moves.

*Clear Amulet gives Baxcalibur an immunity to Intimidate.

*Thermal Exchange prevents Baxcalibur from being burned in addition to gaining an attack boost if it's hit by a fire type move.

[CREDITS]
Written by:

Checked by:

LovelyLuna

Good work, you're free to mark this as QC 1/2 after the following changes.

Add, Remove, Highlight, Comment.
[OVERVIEW]

* Baxcalibur's is a potent threat who is able to be very threatening if positioned well and supported properly. It's massive Attack Stat, solid bulk, and Ice STAB, allow it to immediately apply immidiete offensive pressure or set up to sweep. Landorus-I, Amoonguss, Rillaboom, and Raging Bolt fear it's Ice STAB, Incineroar and Rillaboom don't want to stay on the field because it threatens all of them, Amoonguss fears the Ice STAB that Baxcalibur threatens, Ogerpon-Wellspring can't do enough struggles to damage to it and takes serious damage from Baxcalibur and opens up set up opportunities. (I'm mainly trimming here, first sentence doesn't add anything and you say Bax threatens all of these multiple times within the bullet point, might as well put them together. Landorus is the base forme so we don't include the I)

* Inciniroar, Rillaboom, and Ogerpon-Wellspring or Amoonguss are great teammates for it, providing Fake Out + Intimidate support, Fake Out +, Intimidate, Grassy Terrain support, and redirection support respectively to give it opportunities to set up Swords Dance and fire off its attacks. Baxcalibur also functions well on Pelipper Archaludon rain teams, as it threatens Raging Bolt, Amoonguss, and Rillaboom, all of which Rain struggles against. Especially Landorus-I because of its immunity to Electro shot and ability to threaten massive damage in and out of Tera. (This can go in the earlier sentence. Also better to highlight that Lando is in particular big because of Ice Shard rather than how good it is against Rain, goes off track the analysis.)

* Steel types, like Kinggambit, Ghouldengo and Heatran and Gholdengo, (Heatran is fake!!) resist its Baxcalibur's STAB attacks (New bullet point.), which can hinder its ability to sweep or punch holes. In addition, the prevalence of Flutter Mane, Urshifu-R and Urshifu-S can pressure it to Tera. It's low speed can also make it struggle to relieve offensive pressure from the opposing side.

[SET]

Adamant Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Ice Shard
- Protect

[SET COMMENTS]

* With the following EV spread, Baxcalibur can out-speed a -1 Landorus-I, survive a -1 Close Combat from Urshifu, Choice Banded Wicked Blow from Urshifu-S, survive a Tera Stellar Chien-Pao Scared Sword, and a solid chance to survive a Tera Fairy Dazzling Gleam from a Sp.Att Booster Flutter Mane, and without Tera, it survives the attack. and a Choice Specs Flutter Mane Dazzling Gleam. (The high chance is generally disliked, you are probably not going to play assuming you always pull off a 70% chance.)

* Ice Shard makes up for Baxcaliburs speed tier and threatens Landorus. And In the case you go with Swords Dance instead of Icicle Crash, it grants you a boosting move that makes Baxcalibur a more threatening pokemon to the opposition.

* Tera Poison grants a way for it to resistance to Urshifu's Fighting type and Flutter Manes Fairy type moves, while also being a great neutral type against the metagame.

* Clear Amulet gives Baxcalibur an immunity to Intimidate.

* Thermal Exchange prevents Baxcalibur from being burned in addition to gaining an attack boost if it's hit by a fire type move and deters Ogerpon-H and Chi-Yu's Fire STAB moves.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Checked by:

[OVERVIEW]

* Baxcalibur's massive Attack Stat, solid bulk, and Ice STAB, allow it to apply immediate offensive pressure or set up to sweep. Landorus, Raging Bolt, Rillaboom, and Amoonguss fear it's Ice STAB, Incinieroar and Ogerpon-W struggles to damage Baxcalibur and which opens up set up opportunities.

* Inciniroar, Rillaboom, and Ogerpon-Wellspring or Amoonguss are great teammates for it (do you mean incineroar + rillaboom then one of ogerpon and amoonguss? Also fix the inciniroar > incineroar) , providing Fake Out, Intimidate, Fake Out, Grassy Terrain, and redirection support respectively to give it opportunities to set up Swords Dance and fire off its attacks. Baxcalibur also functions well on Pelipper Archaludon rain teams, as it threatens Raging Bolt, Amoonguss, Landorus, and Rillaboom, all of which Rain struggles against.

* Steel types, like Kinggambit and Ghouldengo, resist Baxcalibur's STAB attacks., Wwhich can hinder its ability to sweep or punch holes. In addition, the prevalence of Flutter Mane, Urshifu-R and Urshifu-S can pressure it to Tera. It's low speed can also make it struggle to relieve offensive pressure from the opposing side.

[SET]

Adamant Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Ice Shard
- Protect

[SET COMMENTS]

* With the following EV spread, Baxcalibur can out-speed a -1 Landorus, survive Choice Banded Wicked Blow from Urshifu-S, Survives a Tera Stellar Chien-Pao Scared Sword, and survives a Dazzling Gleam from Choice Specs Flutter Mane.

* Ice Shard makes up for Baxcaliburs middling speed tier and threatens Landorus. In the case you go with Swords Dance instead of Icicle Crash, it grants you a boosting move that makes Baxcalibur a more threatening pokemon to the opposition. (Might seem unnecessary, but an brief "Glaive rush is the most powerful STAB move bax has" or something of that nature would help newer players wondering why it's used over dclaw. You could also state that protect is used to offset the side effects of Glaive rush)

* Tera Poison grants a resistance Urshifu's Fighting type and Flutter Mane's Fairy type moves., Wwhile also being a great natural neutral (natural feels a lot more vague) type against the majority of the metagame.

* Clear Amulet gives Baxcalibur an immunity to Intimidate.

* Thermal Exchange prevents Baxcalibur from being burned in addition to detering Ogerpon-H and Chi-Yu's STAB Fire type moves.

[CREDITS]
Written by:

Checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/soulboyvgc.558405/
Add
Remove
Highlight
Comment
Insertable194 on discord, dm me if you have any questions. I'll be doing a recheck.

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
Ah yes, the Ice-type that scares the shit out of me with flinch hax instead of freeze hax
Additions Removals (Comments/silly nitpicks)
Punctuation Key (in order of appearance):
(RC) = Removed Comma
(AC) = Added Comma
(RS) = Removed Space
(AH) = Added Hyphen
(RH) = Removed Hyphen
(AA) = Added Apostrophe

[OVERVIEW]

* Baxcalibur's massive Attack Stat stat, solid bulk, and Ice STAB Ice-type moves (RC) allow it to apply immediate offensive pressure or set up to sweep. Landorus, Raging Bolt, Rillaboom, and Amoonguss fear it's Ice-type STAB moves, and Incineroar and Ogerpon-W struggles struggle to damage Baxcalibur,(AC) which opens up set(RS)up opportunities.

* Incineroar,(AC) + Rillaboom, Ogerpon-Wellspring or Rillaboom, Ogerpon-W, and Amoonguss are great teammates for it Baxcalibur, providing Intimidate, Fake Out, Grassy Terrain, and redirection support respectively to give it opportunities to set up Swords Dance and fire off its attacks. Baxcalibur also functions well on Pelipper + Archaludon rain teams, as it threatens Raging Bolt, Amoonguss, Landorus, and Rillaboom, all of which Rain rain struggles against.

* Steel-(AH)types(RC) like Kinggambit and Gholdengo(RC) resist Baxcalibur's STAB attacks, which can hinder its ability to sweep or punch holes. In addition, the prevalence of Flutter Mane, Urshifu-R,(AC) and Urshifu-S can pressure it to Terastallize. It's Baxcalibur's low speed Speed can also make it struggle to relieve (wdym by "relieve"? If I'm getting your message correctly I think "keep up with" woud be more appropriate) offensive pressure from the opposing side.

[SET]
Adamant Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Ice Shard
- Protect

[SET COMMENTS]

* With the following given EV spread, Baxcalibur can out(RH)speed a -1 Landorus(RC) and survive a Choice Banded Wicked Blow from Urshifu-S, a Tera Stellar Chien-Pao Scared Sacred Sword from Chien-Pao, and a Dazzling Gleam from Choice Specs Flutter Mane.

* Ice Shard makes up for Baxcalibur'(AA)s middling speed Speed tier and threatens Landorus. In the case you go with Swords Dance instead of Icicle Crash, it grants you Baxcalibur a boosting move that makes Baxcalibur it a more threatening pokemon Pokemon to the opposition (this sentence made zero sense structurally, explain Icicle Crash in a separate sentence). Glaive Rush is Baxcalibur's best Dragon-type STAB because of its massive Base Power, with Protect offsetting the drawback. (move the Glaive Rush sentence to the start of this bullet point so you're discussing the moves in the order they're listed on the set)

* Tera Poison grants Baxcalibur a resistance to Urshifu's Fighting type Close Combat and Flutter Mane'(AA)s Fairy-(AH)type moves(RC) while also being a great neutral type against the majority of the metagame.

* Clear Amulet gives Baxcalibur an immunity to Intimidate (who does this help against? Example(s)?).

* Thermal Exchange prevents Baxcalibur from being burned (this part is kinda just dex info, it'd help if you mentioned specific sources of burn in the meta that this is relevant against) in addition to detering deterring Ogerpon-H and Chi-Yu's from using their STAB Fire-(AH)type moves.

[CREDITS]
Written by:

Checked by: Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:
(my profile URL)
I threw a lot of changes at you so I want to review this after you implement them. Lmk when that's done and I'll probably stamp, or lmk before then if you need help:woop:

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
Previous round of changes were confirmed to me via DMs. GP 1/1 after these bits of cleanup are added
Additions Removals Comments/silly nitpicks
[OVERVIEW]
Punctuation Key (in order of appearance):
RA = Removed Apostrophe
RS = Removed Space
RC = Removed Comma
RP = Removed Period

* Baxcalibur's massive Attack stat, solid bulk, and STAB Ice-type moves allow it to apply immediate offensive pressure or set up to sweep. Landorus, Raging Bolt, Rillaboom, and Amoonguss fear it(RA)s Ice-type STAB moves, and Incineroar and Ogerpon-W struggle to damage Baxcalibur, which opens up setup opportunities.

* Incineroar, Rillaboom, Ogerpon-W, and Amoonguss are great teammates for Baxcalibur, providing Intimidate, Fake Out, Grassy Terrain, and redirection support to give it opportunities to set up Swords Dance and fire off its attacks. Baxcalibur also functions well on Pelipper + Archaludon rain teams, as it threatens Raging Bolt, Amoonguss, Landorus, and Rillaboom, all of which rain struggles against.

* Steel-types like Kinggambit Kingambit and Gholdengo resist Baxcalibur's STAB attacks, which can hinder its ability to sweep or punch holes. In addition, the prevalence of Flutter Mane, Urshifu-R, and Urshifu-S can pressure it to Terastallize. Baxcalibur's low Speed can also make it struggle to keep up with offensive pressure from the opposing side.

[SET]

Adamant Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Ice Shard
- Protect

[SET COMMENTS]

* With the given EV spread, Baxcalibur can out(RS)speed -1 Landorus(RC) and survive a Choice Banded Band Wicked Blow from Urshifu-S, a Tera Stellar Sacred Sword from Chien-Pao, and a Dazzling Gleam from Choice Specs Flutter Mane.

* Glaive Rush is Baxcalibur's best Dragon-Typetype STAB move because of its massive Base Power, with Protect offsetting the drawback. Ice Shard makes up for Baxcalibur's middling Speed tier and threatens Landorus. Icicle Crash is a good Ice-type STAB that has a chance to Flinch flinch the target. Swords Dance grants Baxcalibur a boosting move that makes Baxcalibur it a more threatening Pokemon to the opposition.

* Tera Poison grants Baxcalibur a resistance to Urshifu's Close Combat and Flutter Mane's Fairy-type moves while also being a great neutral type against the majority of the metagame.

* Clear Amulet gives Baxcalibur an immunity to Intimidate such as of from the likes of Incineroar and Hisuian-Arcanine. It also helps against Icy Wind from Flutter Mane and Electro Web Electroweb from Assault Vest Raging Bolt.

* Thermal Exchange prevents Baxcalibur from being burned from Wil-O-Wisp by Will-O-Wisp users like Incineroar(RP) In in addition to deterring Ogerpon-H and Chi-Yu from using their STAB Fire-type STAB moves.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammer Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/stupidflandrs48.633500/
(don't skip lines between names in the credits section, just bunch them together like this)
GP Team done
StupidFlandrs48_Small.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)