Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Diglett

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gothita & Diglett

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Not Drifloon

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
I'm not somebody who puts music videos at the beginning of RMTs, mainly because I don't watch music videos while making RMTs, mainly because I'm boring. But I digress. When I first started playing LC, I didn't want to use good mons that were also well-used because I wanted to be unique. So I lost games. Then my senses got the better of me, and I started using great Pokemon. Now we're here. First, some team backstory...

First, I wanted to use the #1 weasel in LC, Mienfoo, because it's good and it benifits from Cutiefly getting the ban hammer.

Then I threw in Vullaby because it's immune to Psychic moves and stupidly bulky.

At first I wanted to put in Shellder as a Water type sweeper, but it needed too much team support to win games (as great as it is). I wanted a more independent Water type sweeper, so I went with SD Corphish because it's underused and really good.

It was at this point I realized that 2/3 of my current team was weak to Electric types. Volt Absorb Chinchou promptly joined my team. I put Berry Juice on it because I wanted the already bulky Chinchou to have recovery.

Pawniard then joined my lineup because I wanted a SR setter and on no team is Pawniard dead weight.

The final addition to my team was Gothita, because nobody likes Timburr, Mienfoo or Salandit. And also because Gothita is great at what it does: trapping.

Now that you read the above, here is my team...

Beauty and the Beasts

Tiny Legs (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
Level: 5
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fake Out
Mienfoo is is like salt: you can put it on 99% of all foods, and it'll make it better. Mienfoo is an all-purpose, nearly perfect LC mon. A pivot, a tank and an offensive presence all in one, it can heal with Regenerator and Drain Punch, and can knock off items (you can guess how). But there is one thing that you might be wondering: why Fake Out? For me, it's great priority that helps me both finish off weakened threats and do chip damage. Fake Out, and Mienfoo, have served me well.

Tweety (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 76 SpA / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Air Slash
- Defog

Vullaby exists to eat up any Grass or physical move like it's breakfast. Roost is for longevity, Defog is for hazard control, Air Slash is an actual attack, and Knock Off is to get rid of items. By the way, I know that the nature is -Atk. If I want Knock Off to do damage, I send in Pawniard or Mienfoo. The only reason Vullaby has Knock Off is to get rid of items, not to do damage.

Happy Time (Corphish) @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

I always thought and always will think that Corphish is underrated. A +2 Crabhammer, with a little bit of prior damage (no more than 20%), can OHKO Timburr. A +2 Aqua Jet can OHKO Gothita. And so on. This is a standard set overall, but if you set up, you can sweep teams. Knock Off is doubly handy, as it can remove stuff like Eviolites and can do mean damage to cheeky Pumpkaboo-XLs that like to switch into Crabhammers.

Ohm (Chinchou) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Ground

While Vullaby might be my defensive tank, Chinchou delivers on the special side, able to burn with Scald, pivot with Volt Switch and recover with Berry Juice. Once again, a standard set, with HP Ground for other Chinchous and Ice Beam for Grass types. Nothing more to say.

Cuddles (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

I wanted a Stealth Rock setter that also had an offensive presence. I obviously chose Pawniard. It helps with Fairy control, it's fast and it's strong. Sucker Punch is for getting rid of fast threats and Diglett that don't have Focus Sash, and Iron Head + Knock Off are mandatory STAB moves.

Emo Smoochum (Gothita) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Trick

Gothita is the beauty in this group of beasts. It helps to...
1. Destroy all Poison and Fighting types in the way of victory
2. Stop walls in their tracks by Tricking its Choice Scarf
3. Downing the occasional Staryu when I don't want to let it live another day
The only problem is that it may be banned in the near future. So if you're reading this in the future where that happens, I'll use a trapping Diglett or Abra instead. But I like Gothita better because it condenses both of them into one powerful fusion.
And now a list of tabs for you to meander through...

Emo Smoochum (Gothita) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Trick

Cuddles (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Tiny Legs (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fake Out

Happy Time (Corphish) @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Tweety (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 76 SpA / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Air Slash
- Defog

Ohm (Chinchou) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebanklc-499513695: Chinchou saves the day

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebanklc-499586531: I uploaded this one because of my opponent. I felt legitimately sorry for him, so I directed him to the forums. Let's hope he finds some good sets :)

Note: For the above two replays I accidentally had HP Dragon on Chinchou (oops), which is why I didn't OHKO the Magnemite at any of the given opportunities during the 1st replay.

The LC community, for actually letting me be active and voice ideas. I'm still a bit new here, though.

And that's it! Thanks for reading, thanks for rating, and have an excellent day!

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Your team has a lot of synergy and the ability to win simply due to the sheer effectiveness of how you supported everything with Gothita. That being said there are a few optimizations that should make your team better at achieving its goal:

HP Fire > Psyshock on Gothita
HP Fire allows for Gothita to hurt Ferroseed enough for Corphish to bust through it. Plus Psyshock is pretty meh on Gothita in general since LC has so many physically defensive walls and so few specially defensive ones. Psyshock isn't even helpful for Munchlax really, so the loss is almost non existent.

Heal Bell > Ice Beam on Chinchou
Fix your CHinchou spread to not waste EVs

With Gothita and Volt Switch, Ice Beam is only really useful for hitting Pumpkaboo, which you don't 2HKO anyway and if you Volt Switch on you're in a better position in. Your team is overall generally weak to status, as Ponyta can burn everything without issue and Thunder Wave cripples everything but Chinchou. Heal Bell also helps make the team slightly better against a potential free Drifloon too. As for the spread, try a spread of 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SpD / 60 Spe with a Bold Nature as this would allow Chinchou to be a better Bird, Ponyta, and Magnemite check.

Adamant instead of Jolly on Pawniard
It's pretty simple, as the added Attack helps against smashers more while being better to abuse the slower Fighting-types currently. That's really the main reason for this change.

Cheers!

Your team has a lot of synergy and the ability to win simply due to the sheer effectiveness of how you supported everything with Gothita. That being said there are a few optimizations that should make your team better at achieving its goal:

HP Fire > Psyshock on Gothita
HP Fire allows for Gothita to hurt Ferroseed enough for Corphish to bust through it. Plus Psyshock is pretty meh on Gothita in general since LC has so many physically defensive walls and so few specially defensive ones. Psyshock isn't even helpful for Munchlax really, so the loss is almost non existent.

Heal Bell > Ice Beam on Chinchou
Fix your CHinchou spread to not waste EVs

With Gothita and Volt Switch, Ice Beam is only really useful for hitting Pumpkaboo, which you don't 2HKO anyway and if you Volt Switch on you're in a better position in. Your team is overall generally weak to status, as Ponyta can burn everything without issue and Thunder Wave cripples everything but Chinchou. Heal Bell also helps make the team slightly better against a potential free Drifloon too. As for the spread, try a spread of 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SpD / 60 Spe with a Bold Nature as this would allow Chinchou to be a better Bird, Ponyta, and Magnemite check.

Adamant instead of Jolly on Pawniard
It's pretty simple, as the added Attack helps against smashers more while being better to abuse the slower Fighting-types currently. That's really the main reason for this change.

Cheers!
Thanks! I'll implement it ASAP!

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
First off, I agree with Fiend's changes. To add onto his suggestion regarding Gothita, I'd suggest changing its nature from Modest -> Timid. The extra point in Speed allows Gothita to outspeed and potentially revenge almost any 14 Speed Scarf'mon and the difference in damage between Modest and Timid rarely comes into play; in fact, the only relevant calc that i can find is a 68% chance to OHKO Eviolite-less Foongus (Modest) versus a 6% chance to OHKO Eviolite-less Foongus (Timid).

Furthermore, your Vullaby set is currently a mix of every viable set, rendering it somewhat unviable. To remedy this, I'd suggest using the standard Defog Vullaby set which i'll enclose below. Overcoat (which you have in your importable but not in your RMT) allows for Vullaby to become a legitimate Foongus switch-in and Air Slash -> Brave Bird seems obvious enough paired with Knock Off. The EVs are adjusted to suit a physical moveset.
Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- Defog
Finally, and this series of changes is entirely up to preference, but you may want to consider changing Defog -> U-turn on Vullaby. To build off of this, I would suggest changing Fake Out -> Taunt on Mienfoo, as well as Thunderbolt -> Energy Ball on Gothita. Your team doesn't appear to struggle all to much with hazards and U-turn on Vullaby would allow it to pivot out of fat Pokemon, namely Chinchou and Mareanie, to then be trapped by Gothita. Energy Ball allows Gothita to more effectively trap Chinchou and I'm not sure you necessarily need to be concerned about Archen with Corphish as your main win condition. However, these changes obviously leave you quite susceptible to Spikestack and Sticky Web, hence my suggestion of Taunt on Mienfoo. The lack of Thunderbolt on Gothita would also require you to play around opposing offensive Vullaby more.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)