SPOILERS! Blacephalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, we got a problem: yesterday I hacked a Blissey and gave it Flash Fire, just to catch Blacephalon ingame.
What I discovered is that if Mind Blown gets blocked by Flash Fire (and I assume Protect/Wide Guard), Blacephalon still gets recoil damage.
Now, I know Protect is much less present in singles than in VGC, but the Flash Fire thing made me think that an Heatran switch-in can completely destroy Blacephalon, or at least reduce the number of Mind Bliwn it can fire off from 2 to just one.

But that's not really a new thing, it was already well known for a while (in fact, from as early as the .cia leak) and written in the mechanic topic :)

And as you can see from the topics in OU forum, the omnipresence of Heatran and other Naganadel checks are basically hurting Blacephalon on top of it since due to the nature of their stabs they end up sharing most of them.

But that's not really a new thing, it was already well known for a while (in fact, from as early as the .cia leak) and written in the mechanic topic :)

And as you can see from the topics in OU forum, the omnipresence of Heatran and other Naganadel checks are basically hurting Blacephalon on top of it since due to the nature of their stabs they end up sharing most of them.
I thought I found something new.. Hélas lol

In any case, Blacephalon found a hard terrain to walk on: even offensive non-Shuca Heatran can easily tank an unboosted HP Ground (I know it sucks, was just saying), Tyranitar literally disintegrates the firecracker in a second since it sports awfully weak defenses and a weakness to both Tyra's STABs, and Naganadel can take a Mind Blown or a Fire Blast; the latter, however, can't be switched in on a Shadow Ball if Blace is Scarf and Naganadel is not [252 SpA Blacephalon Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Naganadel: 190-225 (65.9 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO], while it can never come into a possible Psychic [252 SpA Blacephalon Psychic vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Naganadel: 284-336 (98.6 - 116.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO].
Please note that all these 3 Pokémon can oneshot Blacephalon with Earth Power, Pursuit/Crunch, and Draco Meteor respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)