Blazing Mewtwo's Musical Mark

So, I'm no musician. I can't play any instruments. My musical education ended in 5th grade.

Still, I love music, and I found myself with access to Finale. So I started making arrangements, and the occasional original composition, in it.

Figured I'd post a few of the Pokemon related ones.

Arrangement ~ Route 3/4 Pokemon R/B/Y

Arrangement ~ Viridian City Minor Key

I have a few more arrangements on the Youtube page, only one of them Pokemon related, and I'm not all that proud of it. Currently working on a minor key version of the Lavender Town music for Halloween.

Comments and Criticisms are much appreciated.

EDIT: Might as well go ahead and post the last one I mentioned above

Arrangement ~ Pokemon Snap Beach Theme

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You've got some good vibes going on in here. I particularly like your take on Viridian city as you managed to turn an upbeat city song into a melancholic song, so I tip my hat for accomplishing that. Don't know how much of a help we can be otherwise though as we're generally more of a visual arts forum than musical (although we do have some musicians among our ranks). Unless you already have, I'd check out ocremix.org and the community there, as videogame remixes is essentially all they do. They have a Newcomer guide too, so that should get you started on some of the basics.

You've got some good vibes going on in here. I particularly like your take on Viridian city as you managed to turn an upbeat city song into a melancholic song, so I tip my hat for accomplishing that. Don't know how much of a help we can be otherwise though as we're generally more of a visual arts forum than musical (although we do have some musicians among our ranks). Unless you already have, I'd check out ocremix.org and the community there, as videogame remixes is essentially all they do. They have a Newcomer guide too, so that should get you started on some of the basics.

Thanks. Didn't really expect much in terms of technical critique here, but figured there aren't many places where this particular subject matter would be quite as appreciated. Any commentary I get, even a "nice job" or "that sucked because <blank>" is welcomed.

And just in time for Halloween:

https://soundcloud.com/addermoray/arrangement-lavender-town

"Hype Your Type" was meant as a participatory project for others to join in on and boost their favorite Pokemon type. But since I didn't get very many takers I went ahead and started doing more myself. Posted here, the original for Grass and the follow up for Water.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)