Bluntmons: Pokemon without STABs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be a lot of fun, if anyone wants to play PM me quick. I think a latias with boltbeam toxic and roost could be really good here because it hard counters dragons, bugs, ices, ghosts, darks, etc. toxic wears everything down except steels... It would struggle with things like jirachi though.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
scizor-- don't forget that this thing's Quick Attack is fairly legit

Question: What about Pokemon who's ability changes their STAB? Pinsir and Greninja will be either broken or terrible depending on this answer.

Starmie looks to rock this meta. I'd say Aegislash should do really well here too! Head Smash + Sacred Sword gives it really good coverage, and its defensive typing is still boss. Toxic / Sub is still a legit set as well.

Gengar's been boss without ANY STAB for half its career as an OU mon, so my guess it should still be pretty sweet here. Thunderbolt, Psychic, Focus Blast, Hidden Power, and not having to worry nearly as much about Pursuit is gold. Basically, run HP Fire to wreck Scizor (probably the only legit pursuit user) and you're good to go.

Alakazam likely benefits a lot with Shadow Ball + Focus Blast being legit in its own right.

Landorus-I loses so little compared to other S Class offensive threats it's disgusting-- with Focus Blast, Psychic, and Sludge Wave still wrecking as they always do. Lando-T still rocking that awesome ATK alongside Stone Edge + Superpower, not to mention Knock Off, and has U-Turn to fall back on too.

Oddly, Thundurus-I is probably the best Defiant user now (poor Bisharp), as it still has Knock Off + Superpower, and can throw around fun things like Thunder Wave and still wreck physical walls with Psychic.

Dragonite, Lucario, and even Arcanine will be popular for their access to Extreme Speed off very high attack stats. Dragonite has Waterfall, Fire Punch, Earthquake, and Extreme Speed to make a really good CB set. Lucario with Earthquake, Shadow Claw, Extreme Speed, Ice Punch, to choose from alongside SD. Arcanine also has a really good non-STAB movepool, with Close Combat, Crunch, Wild Drive, and Extreme Speed-- plus Will-o-Wisp and Morning Sun always made it good.

Reactions: EV
This should get a gen 6 thread.
scizorQuestion: What about Pokemon who's ability changes their STAB? Pinsir and Greninja will be either broken or terrible depending on this answer.
Judging by older decisions in this thread, my bet is that Protean will be banned, and -ate abilities+normal type moves will be banned, as those provide reliable ways of getting STAB boosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)