Bring back Warstories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I remember when I first joined the site I saw links to warstories in peoples signatures and wondered what they were. When I finally clicked on one I really liked it. Well, recently I've been spying into thread cryonics, and I stumbled across the warstories archive. It made my heart melt to see it, so I read a few for a bit of nostalgia. Warstories are great ways of getting a suspenseful battle across, and the medium of text is far better for suspense than silly battle replays. Therefore, I would absolutely love if the site were to bring back warstories.

Now, for the sake of anyone who's forgotten what warstories are or are too knew to the site to know what they are, here are a few examples of some good ones:

Mushroom Warfare by Legacy Raider
I'm in Your Mind Reading Your Thoughts! by freakyvillain
The Good (darkie), the Bad (moi), and the Stupid (Junior) by darkie

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm fairly sure you can post warstories in their respective forums.
can you? if so i didn't know that.

if thats the case, i guess it couldn't hurt if that was a little clearer (e.g. a subforum specifically for them in each metagame's discussion forum or a stickied post about warstories or something along those lines) as it is currently rather unclear.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A subforum for them is unnecessary even, especially because they are not posted as often as anything else. Just post in the regular tier's forum. I would PM a mod of that forum before you post it though.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It should be made more clear, I guess. However, if you have a warstory you'd like to post, why not just post it anyway? There are tons of miscellaneous threads in the competitive forums, so throw caution to the wind! The mods don't bite.... hard ;)

So yeah, the reason there are no warstories anymore is because no one writes them. It's that simple. Plus replays are easier to watch than warstories are to read unless they're VERY well written.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)