Bronzong

Yeah Bronzong is working great this gen.Ive tried out TR Zong and it was doing really good.He single handedly checks about all the SS sweepers and Tr just fucks up so much this gen.

Sure, GEN V has so many powerful attackers blaw blaw blaw, but people are forgetting how staggeringly bulky Bronzong is. IT DOESN'T DIE.

He has Trick, end of discussion! So many times has Ferrothron come in or Blazekin (not that he matters anymore T_T) or some other setter upper come in to get a big fat Trick in their face.

breh

強いだね
He has Trick, end of discussion! So many times has Ferrothron come in or Blazekin (not that he matters anymore T_T) or some other setter upper come in to get a big fat Trick in their face.
How exactly does a choice item hamper ferrothorn? Spikes is spikes, Gyro Ball with a Choice Band isn't bad (I assume you're using Choice Band...) and neither is power Whip. Leech Seed/Protect you can't use I guess but that's not terrible.

Balloon can help it actually using(or faking) both it's abilities in a way. Even a levitator can use it and trick with it in multiple ways!
Levitate Air Baloon Bronzong, that's genius! :o Everyone will think it is a Heatproof one and not attack it with fire attacks immediately and try to pop the baloon while it is Levitator anyway, possibly wasting 2 turns (pop + missed EQ) :o Meanwhile you can screen or hypnose or TR or whatever :o

I doubt that it will work. I've lost count of the number of times that my opponent has tried to EQ my Rotom-H. Sometimes more than once in a match.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Bronzong is working great for me this gen! what it has over ferrothorn
1)trick
2)trick room
3)levitate
4)hypnosis (despite accuracy still something)
5)Screens
i actually most often use the standard tank set from gen 4 with hypnosis over hp ice
despite the low accuray it still works enough of the time for bronzong to be an emergency stop to a sweeper. i have also used dual screens bronzong along with marowak and it has worked well Dont discount bronzong. ferrothorn is not superior, they have slightly different roles and typing (bronzong is great when you dont want to stack on fighting weaknesses onto your team).

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Bronzong's usage is definately below what it should be. It is bar none the best counter to sand teams (Gliscor can be beaten by HP Ice, Skarmory can't do anything besides phaze) It is a hard counter to any dragon without a water move in the rain. In the sun, you'll probably have an Arcanine/ Heatran anyways, so the x4 fire weakness isn't doing much.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Since Rain halves Fire moves, Bronzong indeed loses its only weakness in Rain. Water moves are not doubled, but boosted 50%, so technically Bronzong does not gain a weakness to water :p

Bronzong faces some stiff competition with ferrothorn. Both can gyro ball amazingly, and both can set up. Both are weak to fire and work in rain teams, and both have wonderful typings. Bronzong IMO is better because he has access to trick, which can ruin a ferrothorn permanently.

Bronzong faces some stiff competition with ferrothorn. Both can gyro ball amazingly, and both can set up. Both are weak to fire and work in rain teams, and both have wonderful typings. Bronzong IMO is better because he has access to trick, which can ruin a ferrothorn permanently.
There's some competition, yes, but I don't think either are outclassing each other. Bronzong's usable Special Attack, ability to set up Trick Room and Screens, Levitate, and the power to not die from nearly any Fire move all set it apart. Ferrothorn has Spikes, Power Whip, more residual damage through Iron Barbs and Leech Seed, and possibly does even better in Rain.

I use Heatproof Zong without the Balloon, very few people will risk giving it a free turn to find out which ability it has!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)