Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kinda exactly what I nommed (I mentioned max HP/Def on my nomination too) but shoot in the end of things that's the mon I want lol.

6tennis' phys. def Aegislash

In testing Mence has proved to be good. I've tried to plug in a number of Megas in that spot & not much has worked.

But a lot boils down to the fact that this particular Mence can take down a lot and what it cannot take is dealt with by the rest.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
if we go for aegislash, we forgo a second mega evolution, is this wise?
It's probably for the best, it makes the team easier to use. Two mega teams aren't necessarily better than one mega teams. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to PM me directly - it's best to keep from cluttering up these threads with one-liners if we can avoid it.

I've been testing with Weavile and Mamo in addition to the ghosts. I've a clear preference but I think it's because I'm more familiar with it.

This is the toughest slot to get right I think. And the most vulnerable to change.

We're desperately vulnerable to stall (particularly Gliscor Toxic and Skamory stall) with the wrong selection and could really use something with Taunt.

The only option which has that was Mega Garde which I didnt enjoy in testing and dont see as being successful over Mence. So with that in mind I'm going to the next best thing which I didnt suggest and that I had most success with in testing, Life Orb Weavile.

I'll be sorting out the votes shortly.

Last edited:
6tennis' Physically Defensive Aegislash
6tennis' Phys Def Aegi
6tennis' Physically Defensive Aegislash
6tennis' phys. def Aegislash
cant say's Mega Gengar
cant say's Mega Gengar
Life Orb Weavile.
OK so Aegislash is the winner. Thank you 6tennis (and CoolStoryBrobat :) ) for proposing this set. We need to have a few days to discuss this team in its' completed form.

Full importable for team in current form.
Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 228 Sdef / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Roost

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

v2 (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

My comments from testing are above. One thing I didnt say is that this must be a good team, my PS rating is as good as it's ever been. I'd be interested in seeing what you guys have experienced.

So when I got online the poll on PS about what to change on this team Aegislash got 13 votes. The rest of the team got 14. Not sure if this means a great deal but I find it interesting. I'm going to run the team with it in tonight.

Thoughts:

I really struggle with Aegi but it's due to lack of experience with it. And massive 4MSS

Last edited:
if you're struggling with the aegis, it means you're probably using it wrong. if we wanted to use aegis normally, we'd just use normal aegis. however, this is NOT normal aegis. this is the ethan special, and it does something that no other aegis variant does: lures stuff. therefore, if you're not using it to lure physical attackers, you should start doing that.

if you're struggling with the aegis, it means you're probably using it wrong. if we wanted to use aegis normally, we'd just use normal aegis. however, this is NOT normal aegis. this is the ethan special, and it does something that no other aegis variant does: lures stuff. therefore, if you're not using it to lure physical attackers, you should start doing that.
I don't doubt this at all. And I've had big success in the last few matches

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
if you're struggling with the aegis, it means you're probably using it wrong. if you're not using it to lure physical attackers, you should start doing that.
for example: bait the turn 1 kang fake out with, say, rotom-heat and switch hard into aegislash. kang only wins if it predicts with eq/fire punch/crunch or if it has substitute (you can do the prediction god thing but don't rely on that lol). aegis can also serve as a one-time check to garchomp, but not both in the one game. it also does all the usual aegislashy things, like checking scizor and cresselia - the drop in power only really matters when you try to hurt ferrothorn, which is no longer a thing you can do effectively - shadow ball can't 3hko if ferro is leftovers :( but yeah, it functions similarly to standard aegis sets in that you can abuse the typing and stab shadow ball to check all the things standard aegis checks, but it works differently in that you can check +1 mega tar so that's cool c:

I always liked Sub Aegislash. Nothing really says "fuck you" like parking Aegislash in front of something it has zero fear of, like Scizor, setting Sub on the switch, and merely... observing, as your foe is forced to eat a Shadow Ball / Flash Cannon / whatever while you have no need to predict the switchin, and don't really mind if you get a crit EQ to the face. Or just stall Lefties with KS, only thing they can do about it is Roar / Encore. Oh Ferro is just setup bait, it can't even fantasize about breaking that Sub.

When all else fails with Aegislash, just spam Shadow Ball, Porygon2 and Kang are the only things that want to eat it.
I love Aegislash, lol. I forgot to cast the vote but it won anyway xD

can we move this to the next stage tho? we should speed these up to bimonthly so the hype doesn't die. like it does with, y'know, every competition ever.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What stage do you want to move to? We're still discussing what we want to do with the team (if anything), so maybe you could post your thoughts on the matter instead of throwing shade at our other projects :(

oh derp

by next stage, i meant starting a new competition. not many people seem to be vocal about the team, and the ones that are think the team requires no changes. i don't have time to stream until next week, but i can definitely stream on thursday idk. until then, i think we should keep this project moving. if we don't, it'll get forgotten, like we've seen happen before.

Well the next stage is breeding & distribution for on cart laddering but I've been advised to hold off on that just to ensure that we are set on this six during this testing stage

I'd have loved to have seen some replays just to see how other people use it. If that means that the streams are done PS then so be it, I've no issue with it.

I'd like to have the on cart phase started by the end of next week. One week of that means that we could be building a new team inside four weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)