BSS Teambuilding & Help Thread (SuMo Edition Reloaded 2.0)

Hi guys! Since my post on making a team with Mega-Sceptile never got enough attention...(* cough, cough *) I want to make another try with other options!

The main idea of the team is a Double-Mega Hyper-Offensive Balanced(50% special, 50% physical!) team, playing with enemies doubts. How? Charizard-Mega-X and Lucario-Mega:

Charizard X, Physical attacker
Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Flame Charge
- Flare Blitz

Lucario, Special attacker
Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot

With this 2 mons in my team, a wrong prediction on the enemy team, could be disastrous (and make me gain some points! :D ). What other 4 members should I try? Is there any possibility in having mons viable for using with Lucario and Charizard?

Thanks in advance!
Hi and stuffs!
First if you are going to use flame charge zard x you usually want to use swords dance because it's a bit redundant to use dd and flame charge.
As for other members of the team I agree with gucci55 on adding
upload_2017-7-19_7-32-9.png
Hippowdon and on top of that I would add
upload_2017-7-19_7-32-39.png
Dragonite because hippo, Dnite, and lucario form a good offensive core. Anyways with those two added it looks like you need something that can bop fairies along with a way to hit the odd water type so adding
upload_2017-7-19_7-33-17.png
Thundurus-T is the next pick. This last pick is pretty tough, seeing as the team is weak to stealth rocks, which will probably attract every mon that uses SR, There definitely needs to be a non-SR weak mon that ideally resists ice and fairy (because you're also a bit weak to those types), which inclines me to add a steel type, but idk if that's the best option. Either way I chose specially defensive
upload_2017-7-19_7-33-50.png
Aegislash to help you against the previously mentioned threats.

I'm not going to go into detail about everything but just a few notes:
  • Added Scarf on thundurus-t because there's almost no speed control other than fairly weak priority from dnite and lucario
  • In the Hippowdon set you can change up the support moves, but I played a few games and those moves seemed best here
  • I like the Dragonium on Dnite because 2 mons with outrage (it and zard) is a bit much so not getting locked in will be super helpful in the long run
    • In the same vein you might consider Dragon Claw over outrage on Zard so you don't need to worry about getting locked in
  • Idk if Aegislash is the best choice here. I did have Fini, P2, and even Torterra (but that was because I used a Team Weakness calc and misread it) so those (except Torterra don't use that lol) might be worth considering
Hope I helped!
Hippowdon @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock

Dragonite @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Steadfast
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Toxic
- King's Shield

also I hate septile + It would probably be better to have more than 1 mon because otherwise it's not 'teambuilding help' it's 'Make a team around this' imo

e: I just saw the post Keotal made and a couple things to change would be to add Hp ice over trick because if you're using Iapapapapa berry trick is a bit useless (hp ice is mainly for salamence). Also you NEED to run jolly on chomper because it misses out on base 100 soeed scarfers and cannot KO them. Finally you probably want to run Fire Fang over poison jab because Aegislash already kills the heck out of fairy types and without Blaziken you just lose to Ferrothorn.

Last edited:
May I recommend Jolly over Adamant on Gyarados? With Adament you are just barely out sped by base 130 mons such as Tapu Koko after a dragon dance.
You may. And thanks, it actually was supposed to be jolly. I knew something was off.

Hi and stuffs!
First if you are going to use flame charge zard x you usually want to use swords dance because it's a bit redundant to use dd and flame charge.
As for other members of the team I agree with gucci55 on adding View attachment 85530 Hippowdon and on top of that I would add View attachment 85531Dragonite because hippo, Dnite, and lucario form a good offensive core. Anyways with those two added it looks like you need something that can bop fairies along with a way to hit the odd water type so adding View attachment 85532Thundurus-T is the next pick. This last pick is pretty tough, seeing as the team is weak to stealth rocks, which will probably attract every mon that uses SR, There definitely needs to be a non-SR weak mon that ideally resists ice and fairy (because you're also a bit weak to those types), which inclines me to add a steel type, but idk if that's the best option. Either way I chose specially defensive View attachment 85533Aegislash to help you against the previously mentioned threats.

• Added Scarf on thundurus-t because there's almost no speed control other than fairly weak priority from dnite and lucario
  • In the Hippowdon set you can change up the support moves, but I played a few games and those moves seemed best here
  • I like the Dragonium on Dnite because 2 mons with outrage (it and zard) is a bit much so not getting locked in will be super helpful in the long run
    • In the same vein you might consider Dragon Claw over outrage on Zard so you don't need to worry about getting locked in
  • Idk if Aegislash is the best choice here. I did have Fini, P2, and even Torterra (but that was because I used a Team Weakness calc and misread it) so those (except Torterra don't use that lol) might be worth considering
Hope I helped!
Hippowdon @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock

Dragonite @ Dragonium Z
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Toxic
- King's Shield

also I hate septile + It would probably be better to have more than 1 mon because otherwise it's not 'teambuilding help' it's 'Make a team around this' imo

e: I just saw the post Keotal made and a couple things to change would be to add Hp ice over trick because if you're using Iapapapapa berry trick is a bit useless (hp ice is mainly for salamence). Also you NEED to run jolly on chomper because it misses out on base 100 soeed scarfers and cannot KO them. Finally you probably want to run Fire Fang over poison jab because Aegislash already kills the heck out of fairy types and without Blaziken you just lose to Ferrothorn.
Thanks.

Do you know of any good cores with M-Gyarados? Tried this team a few times and it isn't working out quite well. I searched the site a little but didn't see any.

I was thinking of building a team around a Mega Manectric and Landorus-T Volt-Turn core just to try something different for a change. Unfortunately, while I'm decent at team building, I will need some help covering some threats I may have missed. Without further ado, here's the team:

@ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

These two Pokemon form an Intimidate-based Volt-turn core. Mega Manectric threatens Water-, Flying-, Dragon-, Grass-, and physically defensive Steel-types while Choice Scarf Landorus-T threatens Electric-, Fire-, Ghost-, and specially defensive Steel-types. Moves on Manectric are rather standard, with Volt Switch to pivot out and Thunderbolt, Overheat, and Hidden Power Ice for excellent coverage. Landorus-T's coverage has Rock Slide for Flying- and Bug-types, most importantly Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona, and Knock Off mainly for crippling item-dependent Pokemon such as Chansey.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Where to start with this thing? I love specially defensive Ferrothorn, especially when paired with Pokemon that weaken physical attackers. While a lack of Power Whip may not allow it to deal with some Ground- and Water-types, being able to whittle them down with Leech Seed, Iron Barbs, Stealth Rock, and Gyro Ball is nice. Additionally, it easily switches into Fairy-, Grass-, and Electric-types thanks to its typing, although a 4x weakness to Fire does suck.

@ Primarium Z
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Aqua Jet

Primarina is an excellent special wallbreaker thanks to Oceanic Operetta. In addition to dealing tonnes of damage to most neutral and even some resisted hits, its Z Move + Aqua Jet KOes Blaziken through Protect, which is a dominant force in the current metagame.

@ Salamencite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost

Sometimes, there may be too many threats to Mega Manectric for it to effectively perform. As a substitute, I have Dragon Dance Mega Salamence. It deals with most Ground-types rather well while also not being walled by special walls. However, sharing a 4x weakness to Ice-types along with Landorus-T is a little problematic.

@ Grassium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Solar Beam

Shoutout to samjo on Discord for recommending this to me. With (Mega) Blaziken being such a threat, some opponents may be inclined to bring in checks such as Tapu Fini, Suicune, or Hippowdon, some of which also threaten some of my teammates. Bloom Doom allows Blaziken to deal with them rather well. I decided to have it be a full special attacker so I don't reduce its defenses.

The main thing I have about this team is that, due to time constraints, I can't really test it at all. So any help in optimizing this team is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Edit: Also my Thundurus-T matchup seems kinda weak, given that my only check to it is scarf Landorus-T. I really don't know what to change to make that mu much more manageable.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Primarina @ Primarium Z
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Aqua Jet

Salamence @ Salamencite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost

Blaziken @ Grassium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Solar Beam

Last edited:
Hi and stuffs!
As for other members of the team I agree with gucci55 on adding View attachment 85530 Hippowdon and on top of that I would add View attachment 85531Dragonite because hippo, Dnite, and lucario form a good offensive core. Anyways with those two added it looks like you need something that can bop fairies along with a way to hit the odd water type so adding View attachment 85532Thundurus-T is the next pick. This last pick is pretty tough, seeing as the team is weak to stealth rocks, which will probably attract every mon that uses SR, There definitely needs to be a non-SR weak mon that ideally resists ice and fairy (because you're also a bit weak to those types), which inclines me to add a steel type, but idk if that's the best option. Either way I chose specially defensive View attachment 85533Aegislash to help you against the previously mentioned threats.

Hope I helped!
Hippowdon @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock

Dragonite @ Dragonium Z
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Toxic
- King's Shield

Hi again! I tried this team and I've god some points to discuss:

I feel not confortable using CharX with those partners, I mean, I don't know what to bring if I pick CharX: If I pick Hippowdon, Thundurus or Dragonite, I've got 3 mons weak to Ice...my only answer is Aegislash.

If I chose LucarioM, people will assume I'll pick Hippowdon + Dragonite so... I guess is a disadvantage.

Is there any change that can benefit CharX parners and don't make a bad core with LucarioM?

Hi again! I tried this team and I've god some points to discuss:

I feel not confortable using CharX with those partners, I mean, I don't know what to bring if I pick CharX: If I pick Hippowdon, Thundurus or Dragonite, I've got 3 mons weak to Ice...my only answer is Aegislash.

If I chose LucarioM, people will assume I'll pick Hippowdon + Dragonite so... I guess is a disadvantage.

Is there any change that can benefit CharX parners and don't make a bad core with LucarioM?
My bad I missed that.
Luckily I don't think fixing the team will be a huge problem. The main problem with fixing it is that getting rid of the hippo + dnite + lucario core seems like a poor decision (and can't get rid of zard x), so that leaves Thundurus-T and Aegi to change. Losing out on Thundurus-t is not the best, but Thundurus-t is one of the weaker links, but getting rid of it forces you to have problems with hitting fairy types along with losing a fast revenge killer.

Here's the fixes
upload_2017-7-20_6-22-59.png
@ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
Rotom is replacing Thundurus as the electric type and has a nice synergy with most of the offensive mons seeing as it's only weakness is grass. It's acting as a pivot who's aiming to cripple physical attackers w/ Will-O-Wisp and pivoting around.

upload_2017-7-20_6-54-53.png
@ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
Aegi is now using the Crumbler set because you lost thundurus-t the team is pretty slow without any boosts and you have fairly little coverage against fairies. Even now aegi can check some special attackers and what it loses in that department it gains back in the ability to hit back.

-Another idea is to move the defense evs on hippo to spdef so you can do better against special attackers. Notably zard y under the sand, which this team has trouble with.

Hippowdon @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock

Dragonite @ Dragonium Z
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Hi guys! I came to this thread a few days back asking for advice on BS Singles, and after some playing around I’ve decided that 3v3 just isn’t really my thing. I’m giving

Doubles a try instead, and I’d like to build a team around Zard X. Here’s what I’ve got:

Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Lv. 50
-Dragon Dance
-Flare Blitz
-Roost
-Dragon Claw

Zard is the obvious star of the show. Zard X isn’t as common as Zard Y, although I’m not skilled enough to know if the rest of my team is a dead giveaway. This thing’s role is simple: if I see no obvious threats, I send it in with Fini and get rid of things until it faints, then clean up with Chomp. If I see something that stops that plan, it’s up to the rest of my team to soften things up a bit. Zard is meant to be an early-game attacker, rather than a late-game cleaner.

Tapu Fini @ Figy Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 100 SpA / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
Lv. 50
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Swagger
- Heal Pulse

Fini is this team’s guardian deity. I chose her for several reasons – first, Defog. I omitted this move after figuring that hazards probably weren’t too important in BS Doubles anyways, but by then Fini had proven itself useful in other ways. Partnering up with Zapdos to create a defensive core with Tailwind support allows the team to get a quick speed boost against faster, dangerous opponents. With Zard on the battlefield and Misty Terrain up, Swagger is a free +2 Atk without confusion, and Heal Pulse lets me keep Zard healthy on the turns where attacking is more important for Zard. The berry gives Fini a second wind, prolonging its support capabilities and letting me save it for other Misty Terrain applications. Muddy Water lowers accuracy.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
Sassy Nature
Lv. 50
-Heavy Slam
-Flamethrower
-Leech Seed
-Protect

Celesteela was chosen to wall fairies (the guardians). Defensive stats with an offensive moveset lets Celesteela kill opposing Celesteela (Flamethrower on the Autotomize), and check most of the fairies bar Koko. Chomp is a great partner because of this, as Scarf lets it deal with Koko while Celesteela remains immune to EQ, and it pressures offensive fire-types and Heatran. Other steel-types are loathe to switch into Celesteela’s Fire. Partnering up with Zard deters fairies on the field, and it provides an easy switch-in for Fini when up against Gunk Shot/Sludge Wave users. Racking up kills makes it a dangerous wall, with Leech Seed as an aggressive recovery option, and Fini as a status-blocker and additional cleric with Heal Pulse.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
Lv. 50
-Poison Jab
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Dragon Claw

Chomp’s speed lets it revenge kill and generally clean up late-game. Poison Jab, Earthquake and Rock Slide allow for some neat coverage, and Chomp switches into a few things that might threaten Celesteela and Fini. Having two flying types on the battle field (three with unevolved Charizard) lets Garchomp usually use EQ indiscriminately. This isn’t a very complicated mon, it checks Heatran and Nihilego (which both pose a threat to Zard and Fini) and is there to clean.

Zapdos @ Misty Seed
Ability: Static
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Def / 80 SpD / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
Lv. 50
-Tailwind
-Roost
-Thunderbolt
-Roar

Zapdos was chosen for defensive synergy with Fini, and for Tailwind support. Between the two of them, T-Bolt, Muddy Water and Moonblast hit Celesteela, opposing Fini, dragons, and Arcanine leads. Roost improves its longevity in a defensive role, Static lets it switch in on physical attackers with the bonus of a Para chance (provided terrain isn’t up), and Roar lets it phase out opposing setup sweepers.

Random Calcs:
Defensive Calcs:
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. +1 244 HP / 80 SpD Zapdos: 55-66 (28 - 33.6%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Rock Slide vs. 244 HP / 136+ Def Zapdos: 68-82 (34.6 - 41.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Rock Slide vs. 244 HP / 136+ Def Zapdos: 132-156 (67.3 - 79.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
252+ SpA Heatran Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 28 SpD Tapu Fini: 58-70 (32.7 - 39.5%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Tapu Fini: 106-126 (59.8 - 71.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Parental Bond Kangaskhan-Mega Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Tapu Fini: 98-117 (55.3 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Tapu Fini: 70-84 (39.5 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 28 SpD Tapu Fini: 116-140 (65.5 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 108-128 (52.9 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Heatran Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 96-114 (47 - 55.8%) -- 18% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Magnet Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela in Electric Terrain: 162-192 (79.4 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 138-164 (67.6 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 244 HP / 136+ Def Zapdos: 66-78 (33.6 - 39.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Waterfall vs. 244 HP / 136+ Def Zapdos: 70-84 (35.7 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Offensive Calcs:
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 153-180 (104.7 - 123.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 169-199 (115.7 - 136.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Metagross-Mega: 188-224 (121.2 - 144.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 24 HP / 0 Def Thundurus-Therian: 178-210 (113.3 - 133.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar-Mega: 160-189 (117.6 - 138.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 194-230 (116.1 - 137.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Dragon Claw vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Salamence-Mega: 216-254 (126.3 - 148.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 402-474 (217.2 - 256.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Heatproof Bronzong: 92-110 (52.8 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Muk-Alola: 168-198 (79.2 - 93.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 68 HP / 244 Def Snorlax: 138-163 (56.5 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Garchomp Poison Jab vs. 116 HP / 0 Def Tapu Bulu: 180-216 (112.5 - 135%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Garchomp Poison Jab vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 128-152 (87.6 - 104.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Nihilego: 508-600 (274.5 - 324.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Garchomp Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 172-204 (112.4 - 133.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Shuca Berry Heatran: 134-158 (80.2 - 94.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Muk-Alola: 146-174 (68.8 - 82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Salamence-Mega: 67-81 (39.1 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gyarados-Mega: 102-120 (60 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I have one slot left, and a few issues off the top of my head. I could squeeze Defog onto Fini if you guys insist that SR is dangerous in BS Doubles. The most glaring one is a weakness to Trick Room teams, as nothing on my team is particularly slow. Tailwind allows me to opt for an offensive playstyle against potentially fast teams, but against teams that turn the speed around, I’m open to getting hit quite often. The lack of Volt-Turn also means I must make hard switches. The team’s lack of weather also means that I lack good answers to rain. While I have Fini and Chomp, my rock weakness is undeniable, and things as fast and dangerous as Nihilego are still to be considered highly dangerous. I probably can’t fix these issues with one more mon and a few moveset changes, but I’d like to cover most of my threats. CB Jolly Tyranitar is an option, using sand to override rain and Rock Slide to OHKO Pelipper while pairing nicely with Chomp and Celesteela, and 2HKOing Porygon-2 and Cress (1st turn OHKO when leading with Scarf Chomp or Celesteela) – but I’m still new to this, so I’m open to suggestions.

Last edited:
My bad I missed that.
Luckily I don't think fixing the team will be a huge problem. The main problem with fixing it is that getting rid of the hippo + dnite + lucario core seems like a poor decision (and can't get rid of zard x), so that leaves Thundurus-T and Aegi to change. Losing out on Thundurus-t is not the best, but Thundurus-t is one of the weaker links, but getting rid of it forces you to have problems with hitting fairy types along with losing a fast revenge killer.

Here's the fixes
View attachment 85586@ Sitrus Berry
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
Rotom is replacing Thundurus as the electric type and has a nice synergy with most of the offensive mons seeing as it's only weakness is grass. It's acting as a pivot who's aiming to cripple physical attackers w/ Will-O-Wisp and pivoting around.

View attachment 85587@ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
Aegi is now using the Crumbler set because you lost thundurus-t the team is pretty slow without any boosts and you have fairly little coverage against fairies. Even now aegi can check some special attackers and what it loses in that department it gains back in the ability to hit back.

-Another idea is to move the defense evs on hippo to spdef so you can do better against special attackers. Notably zard y under the sand, which this team has trouble with.

Hippowdon @ Iapapa Berry
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock

Dragonite @ Dragonium Z
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
I've tried your changes and I liked them a lot! But actually, I've dumped Dragonite and Hippowdon in favor of Landorus-T and Mimikyu. So, adding Aegislash and Rotom-W + those 2, is amazing! :3

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Nasty Plot

Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Swords Dance

Mimikyu @ Focus Sash
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Rotom-Wash @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hydro Pump

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

So.... It's been quite awhile since I've posted in here. So, I'm thinking about making a team for Doubles Battle Spot. Using the event Shiny Tapu Koko (With Hidden Power Ice.)

Besides Protect, Hidden Power Ice, and Thunderbolt, what should the fourth slot have? Volt Switch, or Taunt?

Also, any suggestions on teammates? Besides Pelipper, since that one's basically a given. Like, what Megas would pair up well with it? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hi,

I am looking for help to make a Battle Spot Doubles Blastoise team, I have this spread that I have been using and has been working for me. When I make teams on my own, sadly they don't always get me far and have many issues with many of the meta Pokémon such as Landorus-T and Mega-Charizard-Y.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite

Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Protect
- Water Spout
- Aura Sphere

Hi,

I am looking for help to make a Battle Spot Doubles Blastoise team, I have this spread that I have been using and has been working for me. When I make teams on my own, sadly they don't always get me far and have many issues with many of the meta Pokémon such as Landorus-T and Mega-Charizard-Y.

Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Protect
- Water Spout
- Aura Sphere
Blastoise needs a lot of support, from speed control (Tailwind / Trick Room) to pokemon that can redirection attacks (mons with Ragepowder or Follow Me, such as Amoongus, Togekiss or even pomemon with Lightning rod like Raichu or Togedemaru).
Actually with the huge prevalence of Sun (CharY) in the Bsd tier, Blastoise is a pretty hard mega to use (barely viable to be fair). You might also need someone that could control the weather and induce Rain (even though Hail and Sand might also work, for example a Scarfed TTar could help to deal with CharY and remove the Sun on the switch in).

Cresselia, with its ability to control the speed is a great partner for Blastoise. Tapu Koko as well, being able to hit opposing CharY and bulky Water-types.
Ferrothorn covers Blastoise's weakness pretty well and works fine with Koko too.

Also i'd switch your Blastoise into a slow Quiet Blastoise with 0 IVs in speed, trying to build a team that can work under the Trick Room.

Hi,

Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Protect
- Water Spout
- Aura Sphere
So the first thing I noticed is your spread would probably appreciate Tailwind support to the highest degree, and rain support can certainly fit in on your team. as it would scare the daylights out of Lando-T and threaten mind games with Zard-Y. If Blastoise is your nuke, then bring stuff to help keep the Water Spouts powerful. In Tailwind, pretty much nothing is outspeeding it, and in rain, it's firing off 225 BP Water Spouts at full HP (or 300 BP if you have 1 target).

In the first slot, I'd see Pelipper fitting the bill perfectly ha shitty bird joke. Pelipper itself can set Drizzle and Tailwind, both of the things I just stated that would help keep Blastoise alive. For the other 3 slots on it, you could put Protect, Wide Guard, Scald, Hydro Pump, Hurricane, or Ice Beam. All of those moves are helpful toward Pelipper's cause, and you can give it a Sash or something like that to help you out.

In the second slot, you could definitely use a Pokémon that is naturally fast and can threaten the likes of Zard-Y and/or Lando-T. I'd suggest Tapu Koko in your second slot due to threatening a lot of bulky water types that may wall your Blastoise and Pelipper otherwise, and Electric Terrain is nice to stop sleep, although I am not sure how common it is on BS Doubles. Moves like Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Ice, Taunt, and U-turn all work. Slap a Life Orb on it, and that works nicely.

In a third slot, you can run a bulky Steel type such as Aegislash or Heatran to help deter Sand and Hail teams due to both mons threatening out setters with Flash Cannon or something like that.

Those are just some ideas, but the guy above this post covers it better than I could.

Also consider running an alternative Mega alongside Blastoise. Great examples include Salamence, Metagross, and Kangaskhan.

Hope it helps mate.

If you're having problems with Lando-T and Zard-Y more specifically than other Pokemon, I would like to suggest Tapu

So the first thing I noticed is your spread would probably appreciate Tailwind support to the highest degree, and rain support can certainly fit in on your team. as it would scare the daylights out of Lando-T and threaten mind games with Zard-Y. If Blastoise is your nuke, then bring stuff to help keep the Water Spouts powerful. In Tailwind, pretty much nothing is outspeeding it, and in rain, it's firing off 225 BP Water Spouts at full HP (or 300 BP if you have 1 target).

In the first slot, I'd see Pelipper fitting the bill perfectly ha shitty bird joke. Pelipper itself can set Drizzle and Tailwind, both of the things I just stated that would help keep Blastoise alive. For the other 3 slots on it, you could put Protect, Wide Guard, Scald, Hydro Pump, Hurricane, or Ice Beam. All of those moves are helpful toward Pelipper's cause, and you can give it a Sash or something like that to help you out.

In the second slot, you could definitely use a Pokémon that is naturally fast and can threaten the likes of Zard-Y and/or Lando-T. I'd suggest Tapu Koko in your second slot due to threatening a lot of bulky water types that may wall your Blastoise and Pelipper otherwise, and Electric Terrain is nice to stop sleep, although I am not sure how common it is on BS Doubles. Moves like Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Ice, Taunt, and U-turn all work. Slap a Life Orb on it, and that works nicely.

In a third slot, you can run a bulky Steel type such as Aegislash or Heatran to help deter Sand and Hail teams due to both mons threatening out setters with Flash Cannon or something like that.

Those are just some ideas, but the guy above this post covers it better than I could.

Also consider running an alternative Mega alongside Blastoise. Great examples include Salamence, Metagross, and Kangaskhan.

Hope it helps mate.

If you're having problems with Lando-T and Zard-Y more specifically than other Pokemon, I would like to suggest Tapu
What are some other Pokémon that you would suggest to make a team full of six to choose from. I was thinking of maybe Scrafty with intimidate support and Fake Out support as well?

What are some other Pokémon that you would suggest to make a team full of six to choose from. I was thinking of maybe Scrafty with intimidate support and Fake Out support as well?
Scrafty is certainly not bad for both, but it would probably fit better on a Trick Room team better.

Depending on how deep you'd be willing to invest in the rain core Ludicolo is a good Pokemon to provide Fake Out support and if you tie it in with Pelipper, then it will get a nice speed boost from Swift Swim and Drizzle, or Mega Kangaskhan as an alternative Mega. If you want Intimidate support, go back to what I said about Mega Salamence. Another option for Intimidate support can be Landorus-Therian as it can wall Electric types that give your team trouble, and freely spam Earthquake or Rock Slide as long as Pelipper or a Wide Guard mon is on your side.

If you want a sample team of how I'd put it together, I'll provide 2 examples. One with Ludicolo and Mega Mence, and one with Lando-T and Mega Kang:

Or like this

I'll let you figure out movesets and EV spreads on your own. But this is a rough idea of those conditions you wanted.

Scrafty is certainly not bad for both, but it would probably fit better on a Trick Room team better.

Depending on how deep you'd be willing to invest in the rain core Ludicolo is a good Pokemon to provide Fake Out support and if you tie it in with Pelipper, then it will get a nice speed boost from Swift Swim and Drizzle, or Mega Kangaskhan as an alternative Mega. If you want Intimidate support, go back to what I said about Mega Salamence. Another option for Intimidate support can be Landorus-Therian as it can wall Electric types that give your team trouble, and freely spam Earthquake or Rock Slide as long as Pelipper or a Wide Guard mon is on your side.

If you want a sample team of how I'd put it together, I'll provide 2 examples. One with Ludicolo and Mega Mence, and one with Lando-T and Mega Kang:

Or like this

I'll let you figure out movesets and EV spreads on your own. But this is a rough idea of those conditions you wanted.
Do you think redirection would be better than having fake out support and intimidate? I'm just trying to figure out what would work well with Blastoise, Pelipper, Aegislash and Tapu Koko. Also for another Mega slot would Swampert fit better than ludicolo?

Last edited:
hey guys

i dont know if this is the right place to ask but i tried asking in the simple questions but havent received any response yet, so i want to ask you

is bisharp usable in SuMo BSS and if yes who would be a good partner/partners?

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
hey guys

i dont know if this is the right place to ask but i tried asking in the simple questions but havent received any response yet, so i want to ask you

is bisharp usable in SuMo BSS and if yes who would be a good partner/partners?
simple questions is probably the best place, but i'll answer your question here :) the battle spot section doesn't get quite as much traffic as, say, the OU section, so it sometimes takes a couple days for someone to get around to answering a question. don't hold it against us ^^

bisharp has a couple of useful niches in battle spot singles but struggles against a lot of the meta's top threats and so doesn't get very much usage at all. the tapus are all capable of walling it or beating it down (the only one that bisharp can sometimes beat is slow tapu bulu) and threats like blaziken, garchomp, heatran and charizard can turn it into a complete liability. if you're looking for a solid answer to aegislash then bisharp is one of the best; however, outside of that and cresselia, dark coverage is not particularly useful in this meta, and given that bisharp heavily leans on sucker punch to compensate for its slowness, frailty, and decent but exploitable typing, it's not worth the team slot. if you do decide to use it, however, then av tapu bulu is a fine partner: bulu pairs well with steel types in general due to grassy terrain weakening earthquake, but bisharp deals fairly handily with aegislash, cresselia and nihilego, which are all pokemon that can give bulu trouble.

tl;dr i'd recommend against using bisharp bc the meta is unfriendly to it, but if you do decide to give it a shot then tapu bulu is a decent place to start, just make sure you prep for fire types. that's all :)

simple questions is probably the best place, but i'll answer your question here :) the battle spot section doesn't get quite as much traffic as, say, the OU section, so it sometimes takes a couple days for someone to get around to answering a question. don't hold it against us ^^

bisharp has a couple of useful niches in battle spot singles but struggles against a lot of the meta's top threats and so doesn't get very much usage at all. the tapus are all capable of walling it or beating it down (the only one that bisharp can sometimes beat is slow tapu bulu) and threats like blaziken, garchomp, heatran and charizard can turn it into a complete liability. if you're looking for a solid answer to aegislash then bisharp is one of the best; however, outside of that and cresselia, dark coverage is not particularly useful in this meta, and given that bisharp heavily leans on sucker punch to compensate for its slowness, frailty, and decent but exploitable typing, it's not worth the team slot. if you do decide to use it, however, then av tapu bulu is a fine partner: bulu pairs well with steel types in general due to grassy terrain weakening earthquake, but bisharp deals fairly handily with aegislash, cresselia and nihilego, which are all pokemon that can give bulu trouble.

tl;dr i'd recommend against using bisharp bc the meta is unfriendly to it, but if you do decide to give it a shot then tapu bulu is a decent place to start, just make sure you prep for fire types. that's all :)
To add to what was said above, I've seen a few suicide leads with sash and metal burst so that might be something to think about. Otherwise it can learn stone edge to ko zard though if sash is broken I don't know how useful that would be. Knock off provides utility and no lead is complete without stealth rock. So maybe Sr/ Knock off / Metal burst / filler (could be Stone edge or Iron head i.e. can hit lele after taking a hit).

Beyond that, Bisharp would make a poor sweeper but I could see it somewhat working selectively with maybe heatran alongside it. Worth a shot if you really want to go for it, though as mentioned above, I would not suggest a sweeper set.

Yeah sadly Bisharp has no real viable place in the BSS meta. Just looking at the top 30 alone, the only things it can annoy are stall Pokemon like Ferrothorn, Porygon2, and Cresselia. That is just annoy them while they set up, not kill them. The rest of the top 30 all can either directly deal with Bisharp, or have an option to deal with it.

Knock Off is not enough of a reason to use it now that Z-Crystals exist and cannot be removed. Sucker Punch can be nullified by Tapu Lele, who is still in fact a very prominent threat on BS, and even then with Sucker Punch being an exploitable move already. And finally Iron Head can be utilized better by Aegislash and Excadrill

If you wanted to ABSOLUTELY use Bisharp, Sash Metal Burst is the arguably best, and possbily only real good way to go.

The problem is that it's heavily outclassed by other Pokemon in it's roles. If you want Defiant for Intimidate users, you'd be better off running Competitive Milotic, since fat Water types are way more welcomed into BSS, or just run Primarina or Tapu Fini since they deal with the main Intimdate users (Landorus, Salamence, Gyarados, Mawile, and the lesser Arcanine) better than Bisharp could ever wish.

But you can do you, that's just my opinion on Bisharp.

I'm relatively new to the Battle Spot and have been working on different teams based on the stuff in Smogon. Shiny Mega Gyarados is one of my favorite pokemon, for sure. But I haven't been able to design a good team for it. I try to keep a balance or provide support for it, but so far the best I have is a Ninetales-A, Mega Gyarados core. The main idea is to use the Snow Warning ability with Aurora Veil in order to protect Gyarados for Dragon Dance. Does anyone have any suggestions for the rest of my team?
Here are the stats of my two pokemon:

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake (Should I instead use Substitute?)

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Encore
- Moonblast

So I'm working on a team quickly for the No Hold Bards online competition, but I'm having a little trouble with it. Here's the current set.

My goal was to have it centered around Darkrai, but I got a little carried away due to my inexperience with teambuilding. Here are some notes on why I picked what I picked.

Darkrai: Besides being one of my favorites, Darkrai is a powerhouse and can take on threats that aren't immune to it as well as go toe to toe with Marshadow thanks to them having the same speed stat (not what I was going for mind you). The spread is pretty standard save for Sucker Punch, which is used to pick off weakened foes that can outspeed it like Deoxys-A. This is the mon I wanted to center my team around.

Zygarde: This thing can tank, and I mean tank. EV spread was a suggestion from Siggu to quote "give a more controlled transformation" as an Ice Punch from Marshadow only does around 50% damage. Leftovers combined with Rest help keep it healthy and rid it of any status while Sleep Talk lets it abuse Thousand Arrows and Rock Slide. I chose Rock Slide over Stone Edge due to the better accuracy and flinch chance against slower Pokemon.

Celebi: Besides loving this thing to death, I felt it could make a good support thanks to its large support movepool. The EV spread was set to make it more physically defensive as a lot of threats are physical-based while retaining some special defense. It has a variety of options to play with such as abusing U-Turn to break sashes while maintaining momentum or spread paralysis with Thunder Wave. Even Marshsadow wouldn't appreciate having one of the two happen and even a boosted Spectrial Thief fails to OHKO in return (especially with Wiki Berry). To show what I mean...

252+ Atk Life Orb Marshadow Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 148+ Def Celebi: 322-382 (79.7 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Figy Berry recovery

Celebi also deals pretty well against Fini, who gives this team some trouble.

Mamoswine: Yes we all know Theorymon came up with the idea so I don't think I need to go into much detail over why I picked it.

Charizard: An interesting choice that I put some thought into, I found that Charizard-Y deals with both Marshadow and Magearna pretty well (the latter it walls almost completely unless they run Thunderbolt). Flame Charge is a key move as it both breaks Sashes and boosts its Speed. While it can't handle two Marshadows, it does make short work of one. Because Charizard-Y is slower than Marshadow, it won't be able to steal the speed boost from Flame Charge and gets KOed in return via Flamethrower as Charizard-Y will now outrun Marshadow, which the latter can't KO with Shadow Sneak in return unless boosted.

Deoxys-A: I wanted a fast mon that can act as a lead and Deoxys-A was the obvious choice. Rash nature is used to maximize power while not hindering Extremespeed for that finishing KO (probably will change this to Superpower for more coverage). BoltBeam provides excellent coverage while Psycho Boost grants a powerful STAB.

So yeah, as I said I went a little overboard and could use some help with fixing this so that it's more Darkrai centered.

Alright, everyone, I need help building a duo/core for Mimikyu. I debating between Salamence or Blaziken (more to Salamence but I think Blaziken is a better fit).

For the Mimikyu Moveset this is what I got (kinda):

Mimikyu (M) @ Focus Sash
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw

Also, I want to keep the nature as Adamant. Anything else can change.
Another thing can someone give me some tips on how to play Mimikyu because I am not experienced enough.

I'm working on a dragon type team. Going to a real life event. There are gym leaders that if you beat 8 of them you can challenge 4 more people who make up the Elite four. Afterwards, you may challenge the champion just like the game. I want to build a 'dragon' type gym. Kind of a tank-ier team that could take some super effective hits. Challengers are supposed to have only 6 Pokémon and they have to prepare for all the gyms.

The following Dragons are banned: Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem.

I am only allowed one of the following: Lati@s, Zygarde (without Power Construct), and Guzzlord.

Lati@site and Salamencite are not allowed.

I am allowed to set the rules for my own gym. I am currently thinking I may need to do Standard doubles rules -- show 6, bring 4 to a 2v2, but I might want to do bring 6 and do a single battle.

I have a living Dex and many hidden abilities. I have a hard time setting up customized EVs.

Currently thinking:

The following Goodra I found in a rate my team thread. Thinking the Poison dragon would be a huge help at punching holes in fairies as well as being bulky enough to take a few hits.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Sap Sipper
Modest Nature
204 HP / 188 Def / 76 SpA/ 36 SpD/4 Speed
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Sludge Bomb
Ice beam

Garchomp is definitely one of the most popular Dragons out there. Power, high speed, and a STAB Earthquake.

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
EVs: 20 HP / 236 Atk / 4 Def / 44 SpD / 204 Spe
Protect/Swords Dance
Earthquake
Poison Jab
Rock Slide

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Trying to think of what coverage moves to finish the Salamence up with

Salamence is a great revenge killer and looking to put a major dent into the opposition with a lot of power. Normally run Flamethrower / Fire Blast as the last 2 moves. However with my next member of the team I don't want to be crippled if I come up against much fire resistance.

One of my favorite Megas, still high up in its power rankings regardless of whether I end up with X or Y. I know Y isn't technically a dragon, but still would consider using.
Mega Charizard X @ Charizard X/Y
Having trouble determining which set to run.

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Pyschic
Defog
Thunder Wave
Draco Meteor

Hazard clear, paralysis, and revenge killing. Support is needed for Charizard and Salamence.

#6. ?????
I keep trying to determine if I want to go with a Jolly Dragonite here or Modest Kommo-O. Quiet Drampa in case of a trick room team? Another Dragon entirely? One thought was to drop Garchomp and replace it with Dragonite. Not sure if about it but I am considering using Gyrados on the team as well.

Biggest concern right now is making sure I have a bit more fairy coverage as well as what to do if I am defending against a trick room team. Outside of a few Ice users I should be able to outspeed and hopefully either 1HKO or at least make it easy to revenge kill.

Any assistance to help finish the team would be appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited:
I want to start battling more competitively and I love doubles & vgc. This is going to be my first online cartridge team that I'm going to make so any help would be appreciated. I'm trying to create a Battle Spot Doubles Team (Sun and Moon).

I am pretty happy with my Offensive Core of Mega Charizard Y, Tapu Koko, Shiftry, and Heliolisk. If an opposing team is unprepared for the damage I can usually overwhelm them and sweep quickly. However there are some major weaknesses, notably Choice Scarf Landorus-T which can destroy my entire Offensive Core. Weather wars can be difficult as well, especially rain but I think that's normal when you have Mega Charizard Y? Trick Room is also a weakness but I think I have found a possible solution (Imprison Claydol), but I'm also looking for alternative solutions.

Lastly, from what I've been reading and researching, I think this play style is hyper offensive but I could be wrong. If you have any tips on how to play hyper offense in general that'd be much appreciated also.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Dragon Pulse
- Tailwind
- Protect

Charizard is a major source of fire damage which can put pressure on the opponents. If a favorable lead matchup occurs and I know they are switching or protecting I can set up a Tailwind with Charizard. I went with Dragon Pulse so I have an option against Garchomp and because I already have a grass attack on Shiftry. I usually lead with Charizard because if I can control the weather then I have a huge advantage with Shiftry's Chlorophyll and Heliolisk's Solar Power. The EV spread is simple because I want to do the most damage while being as fast as possible.

Tapu Koko @ Zap Plate
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
- Protect
- U-turn

Tapu Koko is another good source of damage. I like the physical variant because of the surprise factor as well as the Brave Bird against Grass types like Tapu Bulu. U-turn is also nice because unlike Volt Switch a ground pokemon can't mess up the switch. Tapu Koko's Electric Terrain is helpful with Heliolisk's Thunderbolt to give it even more damage.

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Hyper Voice
- Volt Switch

Heliolisk is usually the late game sweeper. Heliolisk will greatly benefit if there are any spare turns of Sun or Electric Terrain. If both are active then Thunderbolt does insane damage (1.5 Choice Specs, 1.5 Solar Power, 1.5 Electric Terrain). Hyper Voice is there in case there is a ground Pokemon. I'm unsure about Dark Pulse because I already have Knock Off on Shiftry (maybe Hidden Power Ice?)

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Protect

Shiftry is a Chlorophyll Sweeper. I originally had Leafeon but I realized a STAB Knock Off is really nice. In the Sun it can outspend Base 130 Pokemon. I just put the rest into HP. I really like Swords Dance because sometimes it is obvious when they are going to protect or switch out.

These are some of the rough sketches/tentative candidates for the last 2 slots:

Cresselia (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Ice Beam
- Skill Swap
- Toxic

Cresselia can benefit from Sun because Moonlight will heal 3/4. I read/heard it is a somewhat good counter to Landorus. Skill Swap could reset Terrain or Weather.

Claydol @ Psychium Z
Bold Nature
- Imprison
- Trick Room
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Claydol is my attempt at hard trick room counter. Z-Imprison raises SPDEF by 2 stages so I put all the EVs into HP and defense. Imprison prevents Trick Room as well as Rock Slide (Good for Charizard) and Protect. Claydol can stay on the field a long time but doesn't offer much pressure besides no Protect and no Trick Room. Could be replaced with Bronzong as it can learn the same moves.

Garchomp could also be a possible candidate as well but I'm not really sure.

Here are some replays of me playing on Showdown. Most of them are with the Offensive Core.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotdoubles-617782797
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotdoubles-617784964
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotdoubles-617789812
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotdoubles-617793731
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotdoubles-617794467
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotdoubles-617803462
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotdoubles-617807439

Alright, everyone, I need help building a duo/core for Mimikyu. I debating between Salamence or Blaziken (more to Salamence but I think Blaziken is a better fit).

For the Mimikyu Moveset this is what I got (kinda):

Mimikyu (M) @ Focus Sash
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw

Also, I want to keep the nature as Adamant. Anything else can change.
Another thing can someone give me some tips on how to play Mimikyu because I am not experienced enough.
Ok for you, quite frankly you can fit both Mega Mence and Blaziken on your team, and stick something else like Ferrothorn next to those 2 to make a solid core for your team with Mimikyu supplementing the aforementioned Pokemon.

I'm working on a dragon type team. Going to a real life event. There are gym leaders that if you beat 8 of them you can challenge 4 more people who make up the Elite four. Afterwards, you may challenge the champion just like the game. I want to build a 'dragon' type gym. Kind of a tank-ier team that could take some super effective hits. Challengers are supposed to have only 6 Pokémon and they have to prepare for all the gyms.

The following Dragons are banned: Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem.

I am only allowed one of the following: Lati@s, Zygarde (without Power Construct), and Guzzlord.

Lati@site and Salamencite are not allowed.

I am allowed to set the rules for my own gym. I am currently thinking I may need to do Standard doubles rules -- show 6, bring 4 to a 2v2, but I might want to do bring 6 and do a single battle.

I have a living Dex and many hidden abilities. I have a hard time setting up customized EVs.

Currently thinking:

The following Goodra I found in a rate my team thread. Thinking the Poison dragon would be a huge help at punching holes in fairies as well as being bulky enough to take a few hits.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Sap Sipper
Modest Nature
204 HP / 188 Def / 76 SpA/ 36 SpD/4 Speed
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Sludge Bomb
Ice beam

Garchomp is definitely one of the most popular Dragons out there. Power, high speed, and a STAB Earthquake.

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
EVs: 20 HP / 236 Atk / 4 Def / 44 SpD / 204 Spe
Protect/Swords Dance
Earthquake
Poison Jab
Rock Slide

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Trying to think of what coverage moves to finish the Salamence up with

Salamence is a great revenge killer and looking to put a major dent into the opposition with a lot of power. Normally run Flamethrower / Fire Blast as the last 2 moves. However with my next member of the team I don't want to be crippled if I come up against much fire resistance.

One of my favorite Megas, still high up in its power rankings regardless of whether I end up with X or Y. I know Y isn't technically a dragon, but still would consider using.
Mega Charizard X @ Charizard X/Y
Having trouble determining which set to run.

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Pyschic
Defog
Thunder Wave
Draco Meteor

Hazard clear, paralysis, and revenge killing. Support is needed for Charizard and Salamence.

#6. ?????
I keep trying to determine if I want to go with a Jolly Dragonite here or Modest Kommo-O. Quiet Drampa in case of a trick room team? Another Dragon entirely? One thought was to drop Garchomp and replace it with Dragonite. Not sure if about it but I am considering using Gyrados on the team as well.

Biggest concern right now is making sure I have a bit more fairy coverage as well as what to do if I am defending against a trick room team. Outside of a few Ice users I should be able to outspeed and hopefully either 1HKO or at least make it easy to revenge kill.

Any assistance to help finish the team would be appreciated! Thanks.
To give you an idea to think about you can try instead of Groundium Z Garchomp. You can definitely run Dragalge with Sludge Wave to smash Fairies, although Ice types (at least the bulky ones) are give problems to mono Dragon teams. A popular anti-Fairy idea would be to run Steelium Z + Iron Tail. There's many candidates good for that. Ponder on it if you want.

Hi, I'm looking for help putting together a Battle Spot Singles team. I haven't ever played competitive but I like to breed and I figured BS is the way to go since I prefer cartridge over PS!.

I want to stick with something fairly simple and solid instead of going for potentially harder teams that will let me practice and learn so no Trick Room or all in weather teams. I could certainly see a Hippowdon/Garchomp Sand core working for me since it seems pretty solid.

I have a couple of questions and then a list of Mons that I would like to use. I can get about anything available in Gen 6 or 7.

One of my favorite Mons from Gen 7 is Toxapex, but I'm not sure how viable it is in 3v3 since Toxic Spikes seems better 6v6. I see the B+ rating in the tier thread, and I wouldn't mind trying it, but I have no idea what kind of team it would fit into. Maybe with some WW/Roar users? Hippowdon? Or is Toxic just better on Toxapex in 3v3? Haze is also the kind of move I like, so maybe a set like the OU Smogon Dex one of Scald, Recover, Haze, and Toxic/Toxic Spikes?

Next I like the idea of (and have them bred :D) Mimikyu/Gengar/MGengar/Aegislash but obviously don't want to run too many Ghost types and there are so many Mimikyu sets I have no idea where or how it would fit in the team, though a Disguise+Sash set seems like something I would like to try.

I was going to list stuff I wouldn't mind using off the tier list, but it was getting too long. To make it short and sweet, I'll use anything but prefer to not use Landorus/Thundrus due to the time it would take me to get them. I'd also prefer not to use either Charizard.

TLDR
I'm a noob, like to breed on cartridge and need team building help. I'd like to use Toxapex if it's viable, and one of Mimikyu/Gengar/MGengar/Aegislash on my team with no Landorus/Thundrus unless they're really needed to help the rest of my team. Perhaps adding Hippowdon and Garchomp if that team would have any cohesion at all. Other Mons can be added at your discretion but I have no idea what to add without throwing 6 random Mons up and asking your opinion. Maybe
Toxapex
Mimikyu
MSalamence
Garchomp
Hippowdon
???
But that seems super weak to all the HP Ice I've been told is rampant in the meta.

Sorry for the wall of text. Thanks for any help. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)