Not A Bug Bug Report - Mechanics

What type of bug are you reporting? Mechanics

What is the bug?
Only possibly a bug, but when a pokemon in a Triple Battle gets AllySwitched out of range, a pokemon with PropellerTail/Stalwart or using the move SnipeShot is still able to hit it. As moves that can hit the extended target also exist (ie Peck on Barraskewda), the extended foe isn't immune, but it seems like range should matter.

I acknowledge that this situation has never occurred in the real games, since PropellerTail/Stallwart/SnipeShot were introduced in gen 8, while the last triple battle was in gen 6. However, it seems like this should be considered at least.

Are you able to replicate it? If so, how?
In a triple battle, have a pokemon with PropellerTail or Stalwart on one side in the leftmost position targeting the middle opponent with a move that can only hit adjacent pokemon (ie Crunch). On the other side, have the extended opponent use AllySwitch to swap with the middle pokemon, moving the original target to the extended position.

Crunch, despite only meant to hit adjacent pokemon, manages to hit the original pokemon in the extended foe position.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-2113711977-o6h9kums4o5au77l9tpldha3ltiamhqpw

Mathy

I swear I have good sitting posture
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
New mechanics have intentionally undefined behavior in triple battles. We are not considering this a bug.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)