Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sun

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Aurora Veil

Votes: 17 10.5%

• Total voters

Appropriate music
Introduction

Hey guys, Lydo360 here coming back with my second RMT. My first RMT was fairly successful, and that team served me well. The name of the team was Flying Fury, and it was a hyper offense team centered around a scarfed Greninja and Mega-Pinsir. But with a fast-paced changing metagame, it soon became that that team could not handle every single new threat that came at it. And thus, I began development of a new team to use. I tried many different builds, mostly centered around an offensive playstyle. Most of the teams I made worked for a bit, before eventually falling flat, leading me to build another, or just go back to Flying Fury for a bit. This continued for some time, and I began to wonder if I would ever make a team as good as that one. Then I eventually decided I wanted to make a team centered around one of my favorite Pokemon of all time, Charizard, specifically its Mega-X form. Building around it, I took into careful consideration the EV spreads and moves of each member. Finally, after testing, I came up with this. This team has brought me very far. I am currently 30th on the ladder at a rating of 1962 and climbing. Having finally made a worthy successor to my first, I would like to share this with you all. A team that harnesses the power of the flame to burn the opposition to the ground. This, is Burn Break.

Proof of rating
Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 5.31.01 PM.png

Still bloody love listening to this OST when battling/building. It's appropriate here too no?

Teambuilding Process
1516066681363.png

First off was the star of the team, Mega Charizard X, a fantastic physical wallbreaker and setup sweeper that can punch holes in the opposing team, as well as one of my favorite Pokemon.

Now, if I was going to run Charizard, entry hazard removal support was crucial, so I chose Latios for his immunity to ground hazards and attacks, potential to hit hard on the special side, and ability to Defog, forming a good core with Charizard.

Next, I figured I needed a truly dedicated special wallbreaker, so in came Specs Tapu Lele. Psychic terrain support also prevents Charizard from being revenge killed mid-sweep by the likes of Extreme Speed from Zygarde, Water Shuriken from Greninja-Ash, or Quick Attack from Mega-Pinsir.
1516066356153.png

After that, I wanted an Electric type support Pokemon that could hit hard and double as both a revenge killer and a reliable pivot. Tapu Koko immediately jumped to mind.
1516066356153.png

Next, I needed a reliable ground-type wallbreaker, as well as a Z-move user to bust through threats that would give this team trouble, notably mons like Heatran, as well as break through bulky grass types such as Tangrowth. In the first variant of the team, I used Terrakion for Rock and Fighting Coverage, as well as a strong Continental Crush. However, I realized the problem of having Latios be my only Ground immunity
1516066361638.png

Landorus immediately came to mind afterwards, being able to break Tangrowth and check Physical attackers far better thanks to Intimidate, as well as a far stronger Earthquake and a Ground immunity to boot.
1516066364169.png

Lastly, I needed a good hazard setter as well as support Pokemon that could sponge hits from the likes of rain teams, without being completely passive and being able to punish most physical attackers. Ferrothorn fit the bill perfectly

The Team

1516065431102.png
Charizard (M) @ Charizardite X

Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
1516066393365.png
Dragon Dance
1516066394913.png

1516066396348.png
Dragon Claw
1516066397681.png

1516066445208.png
Flare Blitz
1516066446448.png

1516066951875.png
Roost
1516064861617.png

Roles: Physical Wallbreaker, Setup Sweeper
First off was the Burn Breaker himself, Charizard. As my starter in Pokemon Fire Red, the first game I ever fully played through, a strong wallbreaker, and a Mega Evolution, I had been wanting to build a team around him for quite some time. The set I'm using is my personal favorite, the Dragon Dance sweeper set. Flare Blitz and Dragon Claw are powerful STAB moves that are boosted by Tough Claws, allowing Charizard to bring the pain to many threats, hitting hard to all super effective and neutral targets that are not dedicated physical walls. Notable targets are Kyurem-B, Latios, Zygarde, Mega Sableye, Tangrowth, and so many more. Dragon Dance allows it to become a threatening sweeper. Something I do differently from the majority of sets nowadays is run Roost over Earthquake. I do so because this allows Charizard to recklessly wallbreak with Flare Blitz early game, punching holes through the likes of Landorus-T and being able to heal off the damage later on. Roost also allows it to heal off Stealth Rock damage and set up much more easily against the likes of Ferrothorn and Kartana. The EV spread is standard, and a Jolly nature is run to outspeed positive-natured base 95s such as Tapu Lele and Kyurem-B, as well as speed tie with base 100s. The lack of Earthquake leaves this set walled by Heatran however, which is where the rest of the team comes into play. It's also important to note that not mega evolving at first allows it to retain it's ground immunity, which allows it to set up against the likes of Defensive Landorus-T and Focus Sash lead Excadrill much easier.

1516065246489.png
Latios @ Life Orb
1516065263025.png

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
1516066389919.png
Draco Meteor
1516066972402.png

1516065050006.png
Psychic
1516065051104.png

1516065005893.png
Earthquake
1516065007091.png

1516064864743.png
Defog
1516064866610.png

Roles: Hazard Control, Ground Immunity, Lure, Special Wallbreaker
Given that I was using Charizard, entry hazard removal was absolutely crucial. Latios fit that role to a T, as well as being an offensive powerhouse. Draco Meteor and Psychic are STABs as usual. Psychic is chosen over Psyshock to hit Clefable and other physically defensive threats harder, as well as being stronger in general. However, the key difference within this set is Earthquake. As one of this team's many signature sets, this set functions as a lure for threats such as Heatran, Magnezone, Alola Muk, and Magearna. Thanks to a Life Orb and Earthquake, Defensive Heatran and Magnezone are OHKOd after Stealth Rock, non-defensive variants are sometimes OHKOd on a max roll, and Magearna and Alola Muk are cleanly 2HKOd after Stealth Rock. EV spread is standard with 4 thrown into Attack as well as a Naive nature to avoid lowering the power of Earthquake. Naive is chosen over Hasty to avoid being steamrolled by priority moves. Expert Belt can be used, but a Life Orb is far preferred to hit neutral threats harder as well as land some necessary benchmarks against the threats it's supposed to lure. To show, here are some calcs to illustrate the effectiveness.

4 Atk Life Orb Latios Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Muk-Alola: 221-260 (53.5 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Latios Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 153-182 (50.8 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Latios Earthquake vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 153-182 (43.5 - 51.8%) -- 66.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Life Orb Latios Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 328-390 (85.1 - 101.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Life Orb Latios Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 328-390 (101.5 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Life Orb Latios Earthquake vs. 140 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 307-364 (97.1 - 115.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs

Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
1516065053950.png
Psychic
1516065055181.png

1516064906501.png
Moonblast
1516064947192.png

1516065056843.png
Psyshock
1516065058041.png

1516066450487.png
Hidden Power [Fire]
1516066453900.png

Roles: Dedicated Special Wallbreaker, Offensive Pressure, Psychic Terrain setter
Tapu Lele is the resident special wallbreaker of this team, as well as one of it's strongest members. Thanks to a high special attack stat, its ability, Psychic Surge setting Psychic Terrain, as well as Choice Specs, its Psychic and Psyshock are forces to be reckoned with, punching massive holes through opposing teams and providing heaps of offensive pressure, OHKOing and 2HKOing anything that doesn't resist it or is immune, and 2HKOs some targets that resist it. To put into perspective the raw power of Psychic, it can 2HKO uninvested Heatran under Psychic terrain. Psychic Terrain also protects it and its team members from strong priority moves such as Water Shuriken, Extreme Speed, and Bullet Punch. Moonblast is a secondary STAB move that still hits extremely hard, especially towards Dark and Dragon-Type targets. Hidden Power Fire is for two targets: Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor, landing a possible OHKO on the former and a guaranteed one on the latter. Everything else is usually 2HKOd by Psychic or Moonblast anyways. Psyshock is run to hit specially defensive threats such as Chansey and Gastradon, 2HKOing the former and having a decent chance to OHKO the latter, even without Stealth Rock up. EVs are standard and a Timid nature is run to outspeed neutral natured base-95s as well as anything below that.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
Wild Charge

1516066943363.png
U-turn
1516066940487.png

1516064947123.png
Grass Knot/Hidden Power [Ice]
1516065018762.png

1516064871406.png
Brave Bird
1516064872898.png

Roles: Revenge Killer, Physical Wallbreaker, Pivot, Lure
Tapu Koko is another very unique set to this team. While Choice Scarf Tapu Koko isn't unheard of, it is extremely rare due to Tapu Koko's already fantastic speed and general need for a boosting item. However, not only am I running a Choice Scarf here, the set for my Tapu Koko is a recoil abuser pivot. Something overlooked except on Gigavolt Havoc set is Tapu Koko's amazing base Attack stat, which is actually a good deal higher than it's Special Attack. Access to a small but effective physical movepool that consists of the likes of Wild Charge, U-turn, and Brave Bird, allows this set to unexpectedly shine. Wild Charge is a very strong STAB move boosted by Electric Terrain, hitting many super effective and neutral threats hard, 2HKOing the likes of even Magearna. U-turn allows it to function as an effective pivot, pivoting out of unfavorable matchups, as well as dealing good damage to those weak to the move, 2HKOing Pokemon such as Latios and OHKOing Hoopa-U without . Brave Bird allows it to effectively revenge kill +1 Volcarona, as well as 2HKO many bulky grass types such as Mega Venusaur and Tangrowth after Stealth Rock, as well as OHKO Buzzwole. Grass Knot is another signature of this team, allowing it 2HKO the likes of Mega Swampert and Seismetoad, and actually OHKOing after U-turn. Hidden Power Ice can be run so that this set is not walled by the likes of Zygarde and Landorus-T, and is often optimal to revenge kill weakened setup sweepers in that area but I usually prefer Grass Knot to handle rain teams better and not dedicate the entire role of checking rain teams solely to Ferrothorn. Additionally, many of the aforementioned threats are checked by the likes of Landorus-T and Ferrothorn as well, the former of which can get them into range of most attacks with a strong Supersonic Skystrike, and the latter of which can tank and stall with Leech Seed and Gyro Ball.

1516065485627.png
Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
1516065488000.png

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
1516064877531.png
Fly
1516064879089.png

1516064996871.png
Earthquake
1516064998333.png

1516065061090.png
Gravity
1516065062425.png

1516065031408.png
Swords Dance/Toxic
1516987394410.png

Roles: Ground immunity, Physical Wallbreaker, Physical Attacker Check, Setup, Z-move
I figured I needed a check to phsyical attackers, as well as another ground immunity, so Landorus-T immediately came to mind. As what is hailed as possibly the best Pokemon in OU, as well as the most used, this Pokemon can fill almost any role. The role I had it fill here however, was as a dedicated physical wallbreaker and possibly setup sweeper. Nowadays, most sets that aren't Scarfed are Stealth Rock setters, and the most popular set is the Defensive set. I decided to make it fully offensive, giving it Swords Dance and Gravity to allow it to rampage through opposing stall teams as well as punch holes in anything else with its powerful STAB moves and Z move. Earthquake is obligatory and Fly is needed to use Supersonic Skystrike, a one time 175 base power STAB move that can be used to annihilate any bulky grass-types such as Tangrowth and Mega Venusaur. It can also be used to break through bulkier Pokemon such as Chansey, and is able to even OHKO defensive Landorus-T at +1. Gravity prevents the likes of Zapdos and Mega Charizard Y from freely switching in, allowing them to be smashed with a STAB super effective Earthquake, as well as enabling it to hit common threats that would otherwise wall it such as Skarmory and Celesteela. Swords Dance is run to set up on threats that try to scout with Protect. EV spread is standard with an Adamant nature to improve wallbreaking capabilities. Flyinium Z is run to allow it to use Supersonic Skystrike. Toxic can be run over Swords Dance to deal with Unaware Clefable and Quagsire far easier, but Swords Dance is usually preferred in order to better pressure most threats.

1516065431147.png
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
1516065284420.png

Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 88 Def / 160 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
Gyro Ball

1516064954561.png
Power Whip
1516064955910.png

Stealth Rock

1516064957683.png
Leech Seed
1516064959136.png

Roles: Hazard Setter, Physical Wall, Physical Punisher
Finally, we have Ferrothorn, a dedicated Physical Wall and Hazard Setter. Being able to set up Stealth Rock throughout the game is crucial to be able to achieve some critical OHKOs and 2HKOs. Gyro Ball and Power Whip allow it to keep from being completely passive or making it Taunt bait, as well as hitting Pokemon weak to them such as Mega Swampert and the Tapus extremely hard. Leech Seed is used for passive recovery, and is especially crucial given the lack of Leftovers. This brings us to Ferrothorn's held item, a Rocky Helmet. While the set is not unheard of, most people prefer the passive recovery of Leftovers. I prefer Rocky Helmet to severely punish many Physical attackers such as Kartana, who 2HKOs with Sacred Sword and thus ends up taking around 50% from Rocky Helmet damage at least and takes around 24% from Gyro Ball, and recoil abusers such as opposing Mega Charizard X. It is brutally effective with proper prediction against the likes of Mega Medicham, being able to punish users of Fake Out in general as well as anyone who tries to go for Ice Punch against Landorus-T.

Threat list
Zygarde:
However good a team may be, it is not without it's threats. Zygarde is particularly annoying to deal with, but is manageable if you know the set. If the set is the defensive Coil set, bring in Landorus-T, set up Swords Dance, and smash it with Supersonic Skystrike. Regardless of what set it may be, bringing in Landorus-T to get off the Intimidate is always helpful. Hidden Power Ice can be run on Tapu Koko to slightly remedy this problem to an extent. Ferrothorn can also set up Leech Seed and Wall most non-coil variants, being able to weaken it repeatedly with Gyro Ball. Aside from that Tapu Lele and Latios can outright OHKO it with one of their moves.

Unaware Clefable:
Unaware Clefable is extremely annoying to deal with due to invalidating the setup of Charizard and Landorus, and being able to avoid being 2HKOd by Earthquake thanks to Wish and Protect or Soft-Boiled. However, Flare Blitz does substantial damage to most variants, usually landing a 2HKO, and Psychic from Tapu Lele outright annihilates it, so it can usually be managed.

Stakataka:
Stakataka is terribly annoying to deal with. Thanks to it's high bulk and attack, it can usually tank out a hit that's not Earthquake and set up Trick Room and start spamming Gyro Ball. Again, this is manageable. Latios can lure and OHKO most variants with Earthquake, and Landorus-T can smack it around with ease. Ferrothorn can help stall against it as well, but, but that doesn't prevent it from having issues.

Blacephalon and Greninja-Ash: Sharing a slot because they're both similar in set up (fast special attackers with very few safe switch-ins) Blacephalon is easily revenge killed by Tapu Koko but it is very hard to switch into safely unless it is locked into a Fire move, and even then it's iffy. Greninja-A is similar, but it's a bit more manageable thanks to Ferrothorn's resistances.

Trick Room: While manageable, Trick Room is often quite annoying to deal with thanks to the majority of this team being oriented around fast sweepers and wallbreakers. It is crucial to keep everyone healthy so they can outlast and tank Trick Room. Ferrothorn in particular is crucial in a matchup against Stakataka.

Replays

Aurora Veil: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-684672905
Aurora Veil: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-685626040
Balance: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-684647294
Balanced Stall: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-685133007
Hyper Offense: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-684525999
Hyper Offense: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-684618743
Hyper Offense: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-684801649
Hyper Offense: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-685475388
Hyper Offense: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-685524264
Hyper Offense: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-688304482
Hyper Offense: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-689189177
Hyper Offense: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-689192757
Rain: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-685983625
Rain: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-688302444
Rain:https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-689428800
Sand: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-688216927
Sand: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-689398158
Stall: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-685946395

Conclusion

Welp, that's that. I had a great time making this team, and a lot of fun using it. The importable is below. Feel free to make any modicfications that you see fit and tell me how well they work in the comments below! As always, feedback is appreciated, so leave any suggestions or feedback in the comments as well. Alright, that's it for now, Lydo360 out. Cya.

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Defog

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Grass Knot
- Brave Bird

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Gravity
- Swords Dance

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 88 Def / 160 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed

Attachments

Last edited:
Quick question, how do you deal with Tapu Fini, you dont have it under threats, but Flare Blitz does minimal and Dragon Claw doesn't even work.

hey, nice team you got here! DD Mega Charizard X is a very threatening sweeper, which many people underestimate, as it can boost on many of the tier's biggest threats, and Flyinium Z Landorus can weaken opposing grounds for it. However, it has weaknesses, and along with the majority of the threatlist, Tapu Lele, and Scarf-Landorus T are annoying to face.

Firstly, I think running a Choice Banded Weavile > Tapu Koko will help against a lot of threats, albeit being a rather uncommon pokemon. It can considerably ease the Tapu Lele matchup, as it can trap it. It can also pick off a slightly weakened Hawlucha, Scarf Landorus-T, and, if at full, revenge kill a +1 espeed Zygarde. Knock Off support is always nice on teams, as over here it can Knock Off Choice Scarfs of Keldeo for Charizard, and Assault Vests from Magearna for Lele. Weavile also provides Pursuit support, and can trap Tornadus-T(which Koko checked, and on the rise), Blacephalon and Scarf Latios, locked into something, or from draco meteor statdrops. It does slightly weaken the Mega Pinsir matchup ( Ice Shard + Lati helps a lot though), and the Hawlucha matchup. Lele's terrain also slightly annoys it.

As we go into set changes, running Earthquake > Dragon Claw on Charizard will allow it to beat Tyranitar and Heatran easily, with doing more to Toxapex and the biggest target it misses out on is Latios, for which you have Lele and Weavile.

Next, running a more Defensive Toxic Defog Landorus-T is a lot solidder for Banded Zygarde, provides a lot solidder hazard control, and slightly helps against DD sets, even though lacking HP Ice does not help. Toxic helps, most notably, against Hawlucha, but also eases the Zapdos and Alolomola matchup, where the former got very scary after Weavile died, and the latter is a solid enough Charizard X and Weavile check. Missing out on Flyinium Z will make weakening Landorus-T a bit harder, but if Charizard is used early game, Landorus quickly gets weakened.

Running Psychium Z on Lele will make knocking off Magearna actually worth something, and makes the fullest use of the Z slot, which enables it to blow past Tyranitar balances, and makes it much harder to be taken advantage of. This does sacrifice a little immediate power, though.

A Choice Scarf Memento Latios will help minimize LO recoil, for pinsir with giving Charizard X some boosting oppurtunities. It also helps against Volcarona, DD Gyarados, Ash-Greninja, Lopunny-Mega, and DD Charizard X. It does sacrfice some power though, notably slowing down weakening AV Magearna.

Running Maximum Special Defense combined with Leftovers on Ferrothorn would considerably help against Tapu Lele, Greninja-Ash, and Tapu Koko. The passive recovery is a lot more important than 16% extra damage because Leech Seed is not super reliable, especially against grasses, and Ferrothorn is already very pressured at checking the number of threats that it is, and this is the same reason taking a Knock Off with it is far from ideal. However, this does make Zygarde slightly more annoying to handle.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Roost

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Memento

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Defog
- U-turn

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Last edited:
Quick question, how do you deal with Tapu Fini, you dont have it under threats, but Flare Blitz does minimal and Dragon Claw doesn't even work.
Yeah, as pointed out by Jordy, Tapu Koko and Ferrothorn both annihiliate Tapu Fini with their STAB moves, and Tapu Lele does heaps of damage with Psychic under Psychic Terrain, as does Landorus with Supersonic Skystrike.

Last edited:
hey, nice team you got here! DD Mega Charizard X is a very threatening sweeper, which many people underestimate, as it can boost on many of the tier's biggest threats, and Flyinium Z Landorus can weaken opposing grounds for it. However, it has weaknesses, and along with the majority of the threatlist, Tapu Lele, and Scarf-Landorus T are annoying to face.

Firstly, I think running a Choice Banded Weavile > Tapu Koko will help against a lot of threats, albeit being a rather uncommon pokemon. It can considerably ease the Tapu Lele matchup, as it can trap it. It can also pick off a slightly weakened Hawlucha, Scarf Landorus-T, and, if at full, revenge kill a +1 espeed Zygarde. Knock Off support is always nice on teams, as over here it can Knock Off Choice Scarfs of Keldeo for Charizard, and Assault Vests from Magearna for Lele. Weavile also provides Pursuit support, and can trap Tornadus-T(which Koko checked, and on the rise), Blacephalon and Scarf Latios, locked into something, or from draco meteor statdrops. It does slightly weaken the Mega Pinsir matchup ( Ice Shard + Lati helps a lot though), and the Hawlucha matchup. Lele's terrain also slightly annoys it.

As we go into set changes, running Earthquake > Dragon Claw on Charizard will allow it to beat Tyranitar and Heatran easily, with doing more to Toxapex and the biggest target it misses out on is Latios, for which you have Lele and Weavile.

Next, running a more Defensive Toxic Defog Landorus-T is a lot solidder for Banded Zygarde, provides a lot solidder hazard control, and slightly helps against DD sets, even though lacking HP Ice does not help. Toxic helps, most notably, against Hawlucha, but also eases the Zapdos and Alolomola matchup, where the former got very scary after Weavile died, and the latter is a solid enough Charizard X and Weavile check. Missing out on Flyinium Z will make weakening Landorus-T a bit harder, but if Charizard is used early game, Landorus quickly gets weakened.

Running Psychium Z on Lele will make knocking off Magearna actually worth something, and makes the fullest use of the Z slot, which enables it to blow past Tyranitar balances, and makes it much harder to be taken advantage of. This does sacrifice a little immediate power, though.

A Choice Scarf Memento Latios will help minimize LO recoil, for pinsir with giving Charizard X some boosting oppurtunities. It also helps against Volcarona, DD Gyarados, Ash-Greninja, Lopunny-Mega, and DD Charizard X. It does sacrfice some power though, notably slowing down weakening AV Magearna.

Running Maximum Special Defense combined with Leftovers on Ferrothorn would considerably help against Tapu Lele, Greninja-Ash, and Tapu Koko. The passive recovery is a lot more important than 16% extra damage because Leech Seed is not super reliable, especially against grasses, and Ferrothorn is already very pressured at checking the number of threats that it is, and this is the same reason taking a Knock Off with it is far from ideal. However, this does make Zygarde slightly more annoying to handle.

edit: what i wrote got removed, I'll add it back in tomorrow as I can't rn.

Thanks so much for the suggested edits! I really appreciate the feedback. First off, in regards to Weavile, I can definitely appreciate the extra damage and all. I guess I just appreciated Tapu Koko for the additional speed control. The surprise factor has helped extreme amounts as well, as it has very often become my wincon in many matches, turning them around quite often. In regards to running it with Scarfed Latios, I can see how that would come in. I considered it for a while as well, especially with the matchup vs Blacephalon. But a few things kept me from using it, namely the need of LO to deal much needed 2HKOs and OHKOs with Earthquake, which Scarf usually can't achieve. Additionally, LO allows it to really fufill it's job as a lure, and avoid many 50-50s with Heatrans that have Protect. Ferrothorn is definitely a change I can make. Leftovers definitely helps, I think I'll try that, along with the Sp. Def. I usually run Physically defensive so this team can handle Zygarde a lot easier, and it helps unbelievably against Kartana, especially in conjunction with a Rocky Helmet, but then again Latios with a Scarf can take that. Landorus I can appreciate as well, as freeing up the Defog slot on Latios would help, but again the issue with Earthquake lacking power on Latios. But I definitely think this variant of the team is worth a shot, I'll give it a try on the ladder and see how it fares. Thanks again for the suggestions :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)