CAP 10 CAP 10 - Part 7 - Art Poll 3

Which design would you prefer for CAP 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lanturn is at least a little beefier then the shrimp, and all though the rest of the stats fit aragornbird's design pretty well, if I hit that pokemon with an attack, I certainly would be caught off guard by how much HP it has, and honestly, just because Gamefreak has had some weird cases doesn't mean we need to make as little sense as they do.
Doesn't vaporeon's HP come from being able to turn into water freely or something like that?
I do like the shrimp though, just seems kinda small.
I would be happy with what ever wins though, they all really are sharp designs.

like the other poll,aragornbird

the glowing shrimp is an original concept. is simple,fits perfectly the utility counter role and also why i think who CAP need some not bulky-like pokèmon.

little side note: drifblim,who have 150 base HP looks bulky for is shape,but is so tiny if compared with other high HP pokèmon (3'11")

I think that I like aragornbird's shrimp so much because it's unlike any water pokemon I've ever seen, but it's totally obvious. I bet if Nintendo ever sees this, they'll facepalm, because it's so darn obvious.

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
Voted for Cyzir_Visheen, his design is just incredible! The 'robot' part looks really bulky, sort of like bronzong (just reverse defenses) and the fish makes it look quick but not too powerful either!

I'm sad that Cartoons! is getting the short straw of votes because I think that it fits CAP 10's stat/ability structure better than any of the others do. I'm sorry, but while every single one of these designs is incredible, I don't see myself switching Shrimp Dude and Shady Fella into a Heatran's Fire Blast, ever. I'm also getting the feeling that I'm missing something and CyzirVisheen's awesome lantern/fish design is supposed to be a lot bigger than I think it is.

CyzirVisheen becausw of the vivid detail and because it is so large with detail all over it. One can tell it is bulky just by looking at it.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I voted for Cyzir. I find his piece to be very good from a general standpoint. The tracings, the colours, and the fact that it doesn't drive away from the concept of Electric/Water, made me decide to vote this one instead of another.

Well I'm a bit of a lurker and newbie but I'll put my two cents in for whatever reason.

I've been following CAP 10 since the beginning and when this came up I was very excited to see what kind of art we'd get out of it that woud fit with both the Typing, Water/Electric is an interesting thing indeed, and with the very interesting abilites, Trace and Magic Guard. But now that we are here... I just don't see itin any of the designs, the stats are not really important to me, as the games themselves constantly defy logic. But abilites always seem to have a clear connection to the Pokemon themselves, let us take Trace for instants, Trace on Ralts simply makes sense, they feel emotion, and thus relay it themselves. Magic Guard, on Clefable also makes much sense as the creature themselves is described as a magical creature from the moon, thus a magical aura would surround it.

But I digress, as I seem to of gotten away from my point a bit, while the artwork of all four current entires are amazing, I just don't feel they connect. It seems more like that dream Pokemon of doom as opposed to a functional creature in a world that it is accepted as functional. Now I do suppose its just suppose to be that utility counter, and those things shouldn't matter but from a certain standpoint all the current entries just don't fit.

Mayhaps CyzirVisheen's would by able to logic out Trace, from a non psychic logic and its relation to the angular fish, and Yilx's could probably pull it off as well due to the more Uxie/Azelf/Mespirt feel it has. And I do suppose the Electric typing could logic out Magic Guard as well, but it seems like a cheap way to go about it. Anyway it came down to those two for me and in the end I just had to go with CyzirVisheen's, the look and feel of it is grand and the spiriting for it would be amazing, and a dun process for all involved, and the logic behind it with connection to the typing and abilites seem like the best fit to me. Though all of that is in my honest opinion.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Once again, the spectre of cheating raises its ugly head on the CAP project.

On past CAP projects, I have listed out the cheaters and given details. In this case, the cheating was more egregious than any CAP project in the past. In fact, this poll had more cheating than all past CAP projects COMBINED. So, I'm not going to bother listing it all out. Suffice to say, this poll was manipulated quite severely, and I have done my best to ban the offenders and adjust the vote totals.

I'm tired of this crap, and I'm going to seriously address this issue in Policy Review after this CAP is done. Because the cheating thing in art polls has gotten WAY out of hand. It's ridiculous to have all these artists work so hard on their art, just to demean the effort by tainting the results to the point where we really don't know what is "really the winner" or not. I'm not sure what exactly we will do, and I don't want to sidetrack this CAP with a bunch of debate and suggestions on how to fix it now. We'll do it in PR after this CAP is completed.

Anyway, congrats to all the artists in this poll. All of your works are incredible, and I'm sorry if your submission was affected by this latest episode of poll manipulation.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The fact that this is not only going on, but seemingly escalating every time another project goes by, is fucking ridiculous. Aside from the usual "grow up, get a life etc." stuff, what the hell is the POINT in cheating around here, let alone during the art poll? The only thing any of you is accomplishing is making yourself look like an asshole when you get caught, and making artists feel inadequate by making it seem like they have more support than they actually have. This is a complete embarassment.

I have decided to advance Cyzir and aragornbird, as they both have emassed more votes proportionally than the other two. The next poll is up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)