CAP 11 CAP 11 - Policy Review Committee

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This is the thread for people to apply for membership on the Policy Review Committee for the upcoming creation project. Do not suggest other people.

The Policy Review Committee performs the following key functions:
  • Selecting a Topic Leader for the CAP Project
  • Creating Policy Review topics
  • Voting in Policy Review polls
The Policy Review Committee selection process is designed to be open to any qualified members. This is not a popularity contest. Policy Review Committee applications are open to anyone with an established record of recent, active involvement on the CAP project. The main purpose of this thread, is to force members to overtly request to be a part of the committee, and be willing to advertise their recent track record of involvement on the CAP project. That's it. Selection to this committee should have nothing to do with whether a person is "liked" or "disliked" -- but you must be "active".

All Topic Leader nominees will be automatically applied for membership on the Policy Review Committee, after the conclusion of the Topic Leader vote. Anyone that is active enough on the CAP project to seek the TL position, is assumed to be active enough to desire a position on the Policy Review Committee. However, just because the TL nominees are automatically applied for membership on the Policy Review Committee, does not mean they will be automatically selected. See the Policy Review Committee Guide for more information.

This thread is strictly for PRC application posts. Do not post support for any applicants, since this is not a public poll. This is not a discussion topic about the Policy Review Committee, so please do not ask questions about it here.

Here are the rules for Policy Review Committee application posting:
  • Candidates must have been actively involved over the past two most recent CAP projects or the past six months, whichever is shorter. Voting is not "active involvement". Lurking is not "active involvement". You must have a strong track record of making intelligent posts and contributions to the project. Active playtesting on the CAP server is a highly valued contribution to the project.
  • You must have a clear understanding of the CAP process and rules. If you are not familiar with current policy, you cannot expect to participate in changing it.
  • Current PRC members are no longer automatically accepted onto the new Policy Review Committee. All members must apply equally, and all members will be evaluated equally.
  • PRC applicants should post an application in the following form:
    1. In a short paragraph, characterize your recent involvement with the CAP project on the forum.
    2. In two or three sentences, characterize your activity on the Create-A-Pokémon Server and/or #cap.

(Optional)
    3. Link to a few posts in which you supported a choice with competitive reasoning and/or link to a few of your posts in a Policy Review thread.
  • Make application posts only. A sure-fire way to prove that you do not understand CAP rules is to go off-topic in this thread.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi it's plus and I'd like a spot on the PRC.

In regards to activity on the forum, I've compiled a TL Advice article, and written up Sub + 3 Attacks Stratagem post CAP 10. I was CAP 7 Playtesting "expert", and I was TL for CAP 9. I post often in the CAP RMTs.

I'm a moderator on the CAP server, I've been one for more than a year. I have recently returned to #cap and have hops there, and I participate frequently in MTs. I've hit #1 on the CAP leaderboard and have pioneered new sets and cores on the ladder, or so I'd like to think. People generally like me for the most part, I try to help in CaP wherever my strengths are needed.

Please consider me for a spot.

Hello, CAP, I'd like to apply for a position on the PRC.

I was a relative newcomer to the game of Create-A-Pokemon with CAP10, having only lurked through the process during CAP 7, 8, and 9. Having partaken of the process once in whole myself, though, I feel that I am qualified for the PRC. I can make this claim because I actively participated in every single discussion topic for all of CAP10. I also was approved and had taken to the slate both a Stat Distribution Submission and a Movepool Submission. I have actively participated seriously in the entire Policy Review following CAP10, and also wrote a bunch of HTML for the website in order to expedite the beginning of this CAP, CAP11. I have also actively been a driver for the CAP server for the past several months.

Relevant Links:

I trust those links will be sufficient and I hope to earn a place on the PRC.

Hello, I'm Elevator Music. I'd like to apply for a position on the PRC.

I have slowly been waning in activity over the past few months, but I feel that I've still contributed to CAP well enough to be on the PRC. I've posted in the Policy Review threads that I felt like I needed to chime in on. I post RMTs quite frequently (too frequently if you check my posting history...).

I'm a moderator on the CAP server, and I have been since... Syclant playtesting? (It's been a very long time, admittedly with periods of inactivity). I consider myself an above average battler in CAP, and I've probably hit the #1 spot a few times. I participate on #cap when I get the chance, but my computer with both Shoddy Battle and mIRC isn't working right now, so I haven't really been able to recently.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm Zystral, known as Zy on IRC, applying for a spot on the PRC.

I've lurked CAP since Stratagem, signed up during Cyclohm, and made small contributions. I went inactive but returned for Colossoil's Playtesting, and from there took active part in CAP10. I've made some contributions to the Policy Review over my time, although most was discussion on IRC. I also contribute regularly to analyses with regards to grammar and the actual sets themselves.

I've been a driver of the server for about a month now, and I've got hops on #cap as a result of frequent discussion towards the project. I'd say I'm an above average battler, able to consistently maintain a high ranking on the leaderboard, although not very high (#15 - #19 avg.), but this is due to my deviation, which is one of the lowest in the server.

Thank you for viewing my application.

Hi I'm HD, applying for a spot on PRC.

I've been in CaP for Cyclohm, Colossoil, and Krilowatt. I've done a bunch of grammar checks for most analyses. I contribute to PRC mostly over IRC. I've managed to get onto the CaP Revision Community.

I used to have drivers on the server, and I contribute to whatever I can on the chat. With UD, I've helped show that Rain Dance (FUCK YEAH RAIN) is a powerful threat in CaP. I don't ladder regularly enough to make the leaderboards though.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would like to apply again for the PRC.

I first began participating in the CAP Project during Cyclohm and Kitsunoh, and participated heavily in Colossoil and Krilowatt during the creation stage. I was also a member of the CAP Revision Committee prior to Krilowatt, and took part in those discussions. As for my contributions on the forums, I usually post at least once in every thread, either to make my views known or to participate in discussions, however I prefer not to say anything unless it needs saying. I also intend to contribute to the same extent in CAP 11. My knowledge of the metagame is at least reasonable, and I also contribute much to C&C, and thus my knowledge of the game is sufficient, I feel, to form a reasoned opinion in any CAP discussion.

On the Shoddy server, my presence there has been lowered recently due to connection issues, but I continue to playtest every CAPmon when it becomes active on the server. I suppose you could say I enjoy the intellectual challenge of CAP and playtesting more than anything, and studying for myself the growth and climax of a project, as well as the performance of the resultant creation. I am not one for laddering, so my contributions to the CAP metagame are, as such, minimal, although I will sometimes play casually to observe the way the metagame changes as the result of a great disturbance, namely the inclusion of new CAPmon.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have been somewhat active in the CAP process since Kitsunoh, and highly active in the CAP process since Colossoil. My concept was chosen for CAP 10, and I was a member of the CAP 10 PRC. I was heavily involved in the revision process.
I have been consistently active on the CAP server, laddering both full CAP and playtesting. I have been in the top five on the ladder for each on several occasions, including presently. I am a moderator on the CAP server. I am consistently active in #cap, and have HOps in #cap.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi.

I've been actively involved with cap since cyclohm's creation and i lurked during arg and kitsunoh. I was a member of the last PRC and I helped in the revision process.

I'm always on the server and the irc channel. I have drivers on the server and vops in #cap. I usually take my thoughts about cap to #cap more than posting though.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
We have reviewed all the applications, and we feel that the members listed below have sufficient experience, participation, and understanding of CAP Policy to participate in setting policy for the duration of the next CAP project. After the TL selection vote is complete, all TL nominees will be reviewed for inclusion on the Policy Committee, and new additions will be edited into this post. The selected Topic Leader will be automatically added.

Congratulations to the CAP 11 Policy Review Committee!

bugmaniacbob
Deck Knight
DougJustDoug
Elevator Music
Fuzznip
HD
macle
Plus
reachzero
Rising_Dusk
tennisace
Umbreon Dan
Vader
Wyverii
Zystral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)