HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Tough Claws
Comatose
Defiant
Strong Jaw
Shield Dust

I like Comatose and Tough Claws equally. Comotose achieves my personal priority #1 goal of poison immunity but then it does a lot of other stuff that I didn't care about as much that only made the ability very strong. Tough Claws is probably the best ability on the slate to actually explore the *value* of trapping and luring. Personally I don't think the way to make a good trapper is to make its non trapping options suck in comparison and I think Tough Claws lets things shine on their own to let us weigh for ourselves the benefits of trapping vs benefits of extra power. Two very different abilities and it's very far for me to rank one above the other.

Defiant
Shield Dust
Strong Jaw

Tough Claws
Comatose

Kinda think that we didn't need a competitive ability. Comatose prevents possible rest sets and tough claws only reduces spirit shackle's power.

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Tough Claws
Shield Dust
Comatose
Defiant
Strong Jaw

Generally, I think Tough Claws means we don't have to limit ourselves to only Spirit Shackle. I think Shield Dust is much more reasonable of a defensive ability over Comatose, since it is incredibly strong considering our typing and concept.

Shield Dust
Tough Claws
Defiant
Comatose

I'm actually most fond of Shield Dust because that helps negate the secondary effects of stuff like Toxapex's Scald, Arghonaut's Gunk Shot and Knock Off, and Tomohawk's Air Slash, all of which could potentially cause a lot of trouble otherwise for something that's supposed to hard counter them. Tough Claws also gets my support due to the possibility of running Anchor Shot, which may be useful as an anti-Fairy coverage move, though the fact that it doesn't affect Spirit Shackle is worrying; Defiant, meanwhile, may also be a useful clutch ability in case of attempts to whittle away at CAP's defenses or slow it down, because I can see it being targeted on sight if its trap moves are going to be an issue. I can certainly understand the appeal of Comatose, but at the same time I feel it may become predictable after a while, because soon the status immunity may prompt opponents to simply use STAB or even strong neutral damage to take CAP out of the equation before it causes trouble, and seeing as Arghonaut and Tangrowth occasionally run Knock Off, that could be a problem.

About the only ability that I'm not including in my vote list is Strong Jaw, since I don't see its relevance here - none of the biting moves available are STAB and if Strong Jaw were chosen they'd probably would only be viable for coverage purposes. If there were moves that could work with both it and the concept we're going for I'd be more in favor of it, but as it stands it doesn't really add to the concept if all it's good for is taking down just a few things on CAP's hitlist that aren't covered by its STAB.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Shield Dust
Defiant
Tough Claws
Strong Jaw
Comatose

I feel like Comatose is just a really good ability; I don't see it as pro-concept. Especially since we're making a Dragon/Ghost? Show some restraint, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)