Celesteela Discussion

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Celesteela

Steel/Flying
Abilities: Beast Boost / Beast Boost / Beast Boost
HP: 97
Atk: 101
Def: 103
SpAtk: 107
SpDef: 101
Spe: 61

Level Up

L1 - Wide Guard
L1 - Air Slash
L1 - Ingrain
L1 - Absorb
L1 - Harden
L1 - Tackle
L7 - Smack Down
L13 - Mega Drain
L19 - Leech Seed
L23 - Metal Sound
L29 - Iron Head
L31 - Giga Drain
L37 - Flash Cannon
L43 - Autotomize
L47 - Seed Bomb
L53 - Skull Bash
L59 - Iron Defense
L67 - Heavy Slam
L73 - Double-Edge

TMs

TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM21 - Frustration
TM22 - Solar Beam
TM23 - Smack Down
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM32 - Double Team
TM35 - Flamethrower
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Flame Charge
TM44 - Rest
TM48 - Round
TM53 - Energy Ball
TM59 - Brutal Swing
TM62 - Acrobatics
TM64 - Explosion
TM67 - Smart Strike
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM76 - Fly
TM78 - Bulldoze
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM91 - Flash Cannon
TM100 - Confide

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Which one is this? Pictures would be nice.

So the stats are actually balanced out but it also gets coverage to compensate. No Roost sucks, as it could have been a more offensive Skarmory.

I really don't get what the fuck they were going for with this one from ANY design perspective. Super well rounded. Movepool looks like they put a bunch of random decent competitive moves on a wall in their office and threw darts at it, then gave it skull bash too cause why not?

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
A Special Celesteela could probably run

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Flash Cannon
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast

It could also be given the Life Orb as it can recover with Giga Drain but this is likely the set we'll be seeing it run. It's likely high tier OU.

Well, it has the best defensive typing in the game (with 96% of Skarmory's Physical Bulk and 50% more special bulk) and reasonable attacking stats even if the speed is bad. Seems like it'll be a bulky attacker in OU.

Physical build might be better than Special since Earthquake, Stone Edge, and Acrobatics gives better coverage in 3 moves than the Special build has in 4.

I hate this things design it doesnt look like anything that is alive. It looks more like a ancient ruin or something. Love the typing and move pool. This could be a great utility pokemon and has some respectable offensive presence. Many viable sets. Heavy Slam is going to hit at max power almost everytime because this is tied for the heaviest pokemon in the game at 999.9kg even heavier than primal groudon.

First non Grass-type to get leech seed. This is odd, but could be useful as it doesnt really fear other Grasses.

These bulky rounded pokemon are more suited to doubles, imo. The inclusion of wide guard seems to suggest that was their intention. Those good defenses with leech seed is really interesting though. Sadly, I would have preferred it committed to one attack stat like heatran.

Fun fact, this is the first non-Grass type to get Leech Seed. Meaning you might accidentally leech seed yourself if they have a Magic Bouncer. It doesn't have other recovery so I will expect to see that move.

Edit: Comfey gets Leech Seed too

As for potential sets, Autotomize + consumable + Acrobatics seems alright. Or just Autotomize in general.

Last edited:
No rock, no spikes, and no recovery outside of leech seed. Could be a decent mixed wall though i''m not seeing it joining the rank of staples like Ferro or Skarm or Tran

It has the right typing and bulk to pull off a late-game Autotomize sweep, especially with Beast Boost giving extra SP. Atk every time it knocks something out. Special movepool is neat.

I read somewhere that it was based on the Princess Kaguya legend. Is it true?
it's not confirmed by any means but like

lightly based on a space ship
the "rockets" are clearly bamboo-based
the thing has a very small face with what looks like flowing kimono or hair

it was probably inspired by the legend at least a little bit.

This thing looks pretty good, lack of reliable recovery aside. Its stats give it a tone of flexibility with potential sets, but its movepool will definitely make it see more use as a bulky attacker. I'm also really digging how much its design seems to reference The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter, especially how its neck and detached rocket limbs look like bamboo.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Really unfortunate that it misses out on Taunt and 101 base HP subs because this would have been a GREAT stall breaker. Still might be depending on how Gen7 stall looks with Sub + Leech Seed + Beast Boost + attacks.

Celesteele @ Assault Vest
Adamant - Beast Boost
172 HP, 252 Attack, 84 Speed
-Heavy Slam
-Earthquake
-Seed Bomb
-Fire Blast / Explosion

Seems like it might make a pretty respectable AV user, yeah? Despite its slightly higher Sp. Atk I feel like its physical movepool is superior, especially being one of the heaviest users of Heavy Slam, and having STAB on it to boot. Earthquake and Seed Bomb round out coverage by scoring hits on Steels, Electrics, and bulky Waters. The last slot should go to Fire Blast, as even with an Adamant nature it still OHKOs offensive Scizor and 2HKOs bulkier Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory. EV spread creeps standard Specs Magnezone. Explosion is of course always an option for when you wanna go boom.​

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor

Adamant - Beast Boost
-Heavy Slam
-Earthquake
-Seed Bomb
-Fire Blast / Explosion

Seems like it might make a pretty respectable AV user, yeah? Despite its slightly higher Sp. Atk I feel like its physical movepool is superior, especially being one of the heaviest users of Heavy Slam, and having STAB on it to boot. Earthquake and Seed Bomb round out coverage by scoring hits on Steels, Electrics, and bulky Waters. The last slot should go to Fire Blast, as even with an Adamant nature it still OHKOs offensive Scizor and 2HKOs bulkier Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory. EV spread creeps standard Specs Magnezone. Explosion is of course always an option for when you wanna go boom.​
Think the moves are right (Heavy Slam / EQ / Seed Bomb / Fire Blast), but I'm tempted to try Scarf over AV because a mon with weaknesses to Electric- and Fire- type attacks is not my idea of an ideal AV user. I checked the usage stats for both OU and Ubers (high ladder) to figure out who used an Assault Vest more than 15% of the time: Palkia (~21%), Azumarill (~22%) in Ubers; Torn-T (~62% but has both U-Turn and Regenerator to heal itself), Azu again (~17%), Tangrowth (32%, again another Regenerator mon), Regular Metagross, Slowking, and Conkeldurr.

Outside of the mons that can heal themselves via ability or move pool (Torn-T, Tangrowth, Slowbroking, Conk), we are left with Palkia, Raikou, Metagross, and Azumarill, all of which have better options (Palkia with Lustrous Orb, Raikou with Choice Specs / SubCm / CM + 3 Attacks, Metagross running as a mega, and Azu either holding a Choice Band or using Belly Drum.

My personal set of choice would be to see something like [Heavy Slam or Iron Head] / Earthquake / Fire Blast / Automize and see if it can clean end game.

Yeah I can see this being like Princess Kagura. I like that idea.

Adamant - Beast Boost
-Heavy Slam
-Earthquake
-Seed Bomb
-Fire Blast / Explosion

Seems like a solid set, but I think the last move is better as a support or buff move, since it has quite a few good ones.

Heavy Slam
Earthquake
Seed Bomb
Toxic/leech seed/Automize

Leech seed could make up for its lack of great recovery, toxic is always a nice idea, and Automize would allow you to be an end game sweeper.

You could also run a special set if you want to actually have flying stab, and an attack not too reliant on weight.

Flash Cannon
Flame Thrower/Fire Blast
Air Slash
Giga Drain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)