[chill thread] electronic/remix

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
I've been listening to some stuff too, the following's been my jam the past few that I found while surfing through stuff

Phantom Sage - I Love You - just some fun, like how it used the vocals + it's kind of Porter-y in a way
Anki & Tuen - Coming Home - really good melody, drums + fun dop
CADE - Make You Feel Loved - some chill stuff, melody's p hot
Gryffin & Bipolar Sun - Whole Heart
BRKLYN ft. Mariah McManus - Can't Get Enough (Bradley Allan Remix) - Some chill future bass-y stuff, personally dig the vocals before the drop
ARUNA - What If (Richard Caddock Remix)

On another note, Tycho - PBS is a really chill, fun listen :heart:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I tried really hard (okay not really, but I made a decent effort) to find an original mix of ARUNA - What If and I could not. How am I supposed to know?

Also that puts my YT playlist at 200 songs now (a glorious 13 hours, 53 minutes and 53 seconds runtime). I didn't know until recently but apparently it's been quite a long time that YT no longer restricts playlists to a size of 200 videos. The shuffle button is still pretty sketchy, though...

Edit: can now confirm that YT still can't actually display, or shuffle, more than 200 songs in a playlist at once so I might as well work on splitting my playlist in half sometime later

Last edited:
YES ILLENIUM <3

Some other (although a bit older) stuff:
Win and Woo - Recognize (feat. Ashe) - Win and Woo's debut single is absolute amazing.
Flume - Say It ft. Tove Lo (Illenium Remix) - I don't know if I like this more than the original or not, both are high quality.
Shaun Frank - Let You Get Away (ft. Ashe) - love Ashe's voice.
Vanic - Samurai (ft. Katy Tiz) - Also love Vanic.
SMiTHMUSiX - Summertime Fling (ft. Alyshah) - Kinda surprised this one isn't famous by now.
Mickey Valen - Meet Me (ft. noé) - noé. <3
Galantis & Hook N Sling - Love on Me - Galantis songs are always so catching hnng.
Big Gigantic - Brighter Future (album) - I especially recommend listening to "All of Me" and "Got the Love" but the whole album is really good!
Louis The Child - Fire (ft. Evalyn) - Straight Fire.

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Sizable post between another xKito compilation and spending my weekend streaming Monstercat at work because my regular partner switched shifts with the EDM-loving lesbian on the other dayshift team. So, a handful of these might not be brand spankin' new (but probably haven't been posted anywhere here). To make a fool of myself, I heard one song featuring vocals by Miyoki and I asked myself if it was Veela before checking to see who actually did the song.

also this animoo short is rather [spoilers] and comes with appropriate music, watch it yo

Audio only

Vexento - Eyes Closed - slightly more upbeat elevator music tbh
Stargliders - The Red Nebula - Deep bass IN SPACE
Revaze - Vector - when I was done with this post this is the only one I didn't have a comment for, so this is my comment now
Alex Skrindo - Jumbo (NCS) - no don't jack it up, in fact do away with stupid vocal interjections like that everywhere forever
Calcanda - Impact - bouncy
Rameses B ft. Veela - We Are One - names speak for themselves
Thaehan - Pixelated - glitch hop chiptunes <3
Going Quantum x Psychic Type - Rare - okay, for trap music
Feint ft. Laura Brehm - Words - unsure how much I really like this one but Feint x Brehm again... very smooth beat and vocals nonetheless

F.O.O.L - Showdown - touch of funk
Tristam & Rogue - ReWel - classic dubstep; literally four years old
Tut Tut Child ft. Augustus Ghost - Hummingbird - not to be confused with Eminem - Mockingbird
Two Thirds - Bring It Back - Feint - Laurence with helicopter noises; literally older than ReWel
Feint & Boyinaband ft. Veela - Time Bomb (Rap Version) - Speaking of Feint again, and Veela...
Sushi Killer & Kevin Villecco - Anime Bae - @1:45 Pokéball, go!
Marshmello - Alone - I'm down with the music video but it cuts about a minute of music out. also I swear someone posted this but I couldn't find it, so here you go
Noisestorm - Surge (Original Mix) & (DnB Mix) - TBH if you don't pay close attention to the melodic structure, you can't even tell they're the "same" song. I give my edge to the latter because I like more melodic stuff than hard drops but they're both great.
Nitro Fun - New Game - vidja gaem sounds again, not anime
PYLOT - After Dark - funky beats
PYLOT - Flashbacks - sounds like something to which a film noir hero would walk away into the night after not quite succeeding to right every wrong

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Monstercat Round 2

Stephen Walking - Dads in Space
Stephen Walking - It Came From Planet Earth - real funky tunes in these two but bro, these song titles
Rogue - Dynamite
Televisor - The Chase - The trumpet! The trumpet! Mambo num... wait wrong song.
Au5 & Fractal - Smoke
Fractal - Omni - same screaming sound in Draper - New Rules
Pegboard Nerds - Try This - dumb interjecting vocals strike again, but otherwise dis beat is phat
PYLOT - Blurred Vision - sounds like something out of Beverly Hills Cop
Hyper Potions - Porta Vista
Nitro Fun & Hyper Potions - Checkpoint - very upbeat video gamey stuff
Tokyo Machine - OKAY
Tokyo Machine - FIGHT - not-so-upbeat video gamey stuff
Subtact - Tunnel Vision
Draper ft. Laura Brehm - All I See - All I see is Draper x Laura Brehm
Varien - The Scarlet Dawn
Grant Bowtie - Reach - kinda weird
Rameses B ft. Laura Brehm - Transformations - at this point I don't need to keep saying it

Last edited:
K. Flay - Blood In The Cut (Aire Atlantica Remix) - fucking flawless.
Lost Kings - Phone Down - Something different from what I usually listen to but still very good.
Violet Days x Win and Woo - Your Girl (Remix) - Win and Woo have been really impressing me lately.
King Deco - Read My Lips - Kind of a "girly" song but love the vocals. @_@
Khamsin & LeMarquis - Leaving (ft. Saavan) - I think people call this type of music Future Bass / Future Chill (or something along those lines? Idrc about the genre names), drop's really cool.
Bassjackers & KSHMR - Extreme (ft. Sidnie Tipton - Love the buildup & drop.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
^Liked the King Deco song although it doesn't really fit the thread, it's straight up pop music.

Apparently it's Martin Garrix Remix Day.

Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha - In The Name Of Love

The Him remix sucks don't listen to it, boring af too little going on here.
DallasK remix is pretty chill though if you don't care for the BANSHEE SHRIEKING in the Original drop. The finger snapping is catchy.
The Snavs remix is slightly up-tempoed and a bit more melodic, not sure which remix I like better between this and DallasK.

Bebe's vocals are absolutely haunting.

Animus Volt - Follow My Melody Unrelated but since I'm posting the above, it's the only other thing I've playlisted since. The vocals are kinda dumb but I love the guitar riffs and the melody has a really feel-good tropical beach vibe to it.
The Chainsmokers ft. XYLØ - Setting Fires - I lied I got this too.

Late edit because I'm an upstanding Smogon citizen who won't double post WILL MEMORIC SEE THIS I DUNNO
but I was browsing recent Billboard hits to keep my work playlists up-to-date and I bumped into
The Chainsmokers ft. Phoebe Ryan - All We Know,
their single release between Closer and the above Setting Fires. Sadly, as far as mainstream popularity it only took a couple weeks to drop way down the charts beneath Don't Let Me Down (nine months old) and Closer is still #1 on the Top 100, so it's seemingly going to get choked out of widespread play simply on the success of its group's other recent songs which happen to be more popular. Cuz I like this one more and I seem to be in the minority. :( I can't quite put my finger on why I'm "eh" on Closer but DLMD has those signature hard kicks that I hate trap music for. And I <3 Phoebe Ryan.

Last edited:

queez

wandering and wondering
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
been a minute

this is less on the electronic side but I promise it's worth a listen

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
MERRY NEW YEAR

Lund - Broken - fuck this song is depressing, but damn can you slowly finger snap and head bob to it
Nebbra ft. Mike Sabath - You - this song does not encourage you to kill yourself
Tha Trickaz - Cloud City - Drop around 3:10 leads to one of those huge tonal/tempo shifts that I hate when songs do and ruin everything you enjoyed up to that point, but it's too damn catchy anyway.
Levianth & Axol ft. The Tech Thieves - Remember - I don't wanna remember 2016. :(
Element & Tempest - Spells - Bounces between chill and funky glitch hop.
Auvic - Heal Within - Classic style Auvic Glitch Hop
Auvic ft. Rhodz - Sly Little Creatures - Auvic Round 2.
Auvic - Arcane World - Auvic Round 3. I can't decide whether I like this one enough to playlist it, it's a bit out there.

Gill Chang x WOLFE - Feels Right - All my friends are heathens, take it slow?
Ahrix - Evolving - when you start clicking old shit on youtube's sidebar you get posts like this
Ahrix - Snowbound - ^ after I dug this out of Diversity's Christmas compilation. I like chill, ambient stuff like this.
DJVI - Dry Out - See above. something something geometry dash
DJVI - Cycles (2015 Edition) - Different instrumentation gives it a more melodic feel than the original I think, but otherwise the same and both good.
Alan Walker - Faded - Didn't know stuff like this was pulling a near billion YT views these days. Another remix of an oldie but I love the piano intro and soft female vocals always get me.
Unlike Pluto ft. Desi Valentine - Someone New - That doesn't mean I avoid male vocals when they're good though.

Unlike Pluto ft. Desi Valentine - Someone New - That doesn't mean I avoid male vocals when they're good though.
^I liked this one a lot.

Opia - YDU (BKAYE Remix) - more good male vocals!
Molly Moore - Imaginary Friends (Pluto Remix) - Chimes <3
FRND - Sticks and Stones - I love it when the music stops directly before the drop.
Hotel Garuda ft. Violet Day - Fixed On You (Aire Atlantica Remix) - If only electronic didn't have these high-pitched vocals on (pre-)drops... Still worth sharing since the rest is great.
3LAU & Said The Sky - Fire (ft. NÉONHÈART) - So many songs about fire... :v But I like the vocals (female vocals suit electro generally better imo).
Nause - Dynamite (ft. Pretty Sister) - I know this one from a Spotify ad hence I'm surprised why this is not more popular; very catchy.
Whethan VS Oliver Tree - When I'm Down - Vibeeees; also the piano fits this so well!
Popeska - On Fire (ft. Raign) - Beginning is kinda boring; love "pre-drop" & drop.
Melvv - Not Me (ft. Two Feet) - My favorite song currently. :)
Billie Eilish - Ocean Eyes (Astronomyy remix) I bet Mr.E will like this one.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
LATE MERRY NEW YEAR

Dream Angel - Heaven With U (Slow Magic Remix) - one of my favorites, this has a pretty good melody and the pauses during the drop are p ace
Tobu - Nostalgia - good listen to chill and have on the background
Dillon Francis ft. Will Heard - Anywhere (Fred V & Grafix Remix) - pretty calming chill trap that's a bit progessive ya feel
Harlœ - All In My Feelings - just a catchy song in general, though it's a bit different
Matthew Koma - Kisses Back - something the vocals is alluring idk bro
Grandtheft & Delaney Jane - Easy Go - some really fun future bass, has a good vibe into it and the vocals are p cool imo
Gabbie June - American Dream (Not Your Dope Remix) - great vocals + ace drop, this had been my jam for a good few days / weeks
Tritonal ft. Shy Martin - Painting With Dreams (Nothing Like Them) - really calming, soothing vocals
Kølesce - For A Minute - nice and chill

some significantly older stuff
Brig - Slow Motion - honestly one of my personal faves, dubstep that has that sick melody
MIKVH ft. Laurell - Battleground - alluring vocals
SMLE ft. Helen Tess - It'll Be Okay - generally an upbeat track
Phoebe Ryan - Dead (Louis Vivet Remix) - found this recently and has been my jam lately, it's really chill and the vocals are gr8
Mewmore / 'Gladion's Theme' (Remix) - something different, it's great to have in the background when you're feeling in the zone n chilling

ALSO if you're into some lo-fi electronica, In love with a ghost is a p great artist to listen to! Really recommending Flowers and i thought we were lovers

also i really liked Melvv - Not Me (ft. Two Feet) from @above, that's some ace stuff right there. Ahrix - Snowbound was also one of the first few that got me into this kind of stuff so seeing it here is p nice too :)!

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
anyone a fan of the xx? they're releasing a new album in a few days. and to get into the hype, here's a throwback to one of many masterpieces on their most recent album!

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
^chill af
that was already posted Obliviate

like 80% of this I'm not even gonna bother posting individual tracks this time

Last edited:
hello, never posted here before and cba to read every post so sorry if i post a repeat.
nothing necessarily new, just some stuff ive been listening to recently

Uppermost - Emotion - love this new song from uppermost, really feel good
Melanie Martinez - Soap (Steve James Remix) - great remix of a song with great vocals
Kidswaste - More Colors (feat. Chelsea Cutler) - different style of vocals than what i listen to usually, but sounds really good
Gareth Emery feat. Janet Devlin - Lost - nice and soothing
Pusher - Someway, Somehow (feat. Darren Ashley) - makes you feel like youre flying
Elektronomia - Crossed Paths - love melodic dub
Gazzo - Long Way Home (ft. Allie Crystal) - really upbeat track with some nice vocals

Good stuff, agree with Memoric in love with a ghost is p sick

Tomppabeats - Darling - if you can't sleep just plug in some earphones and hear it, soothing
Listenbee - Save Me - mello as fuck with some really good beats
Vexaic - Imminent - came across this gem again a while back, chilllstep at its best I'd say
Gallant - Weight in Gold (emwhy. remix) - Gallant has some nice vocals, pair that with emwhy and you've got yourself a sick song
Hippie Sabotage - High Enough (Halsey Flip) - turnt up af, girls in the vid are cute too :3

Tagging Obliviate to remind everyone how awesome Oh Wonder is :3

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
I am okay with DubVision, and Uppermost usually delivers tbh. why analytic link to a fucking hour loop and also start video at 9 seconds thinkingfacemoji.jpg

Rodrigo Deem ft. KARRA - You Said It All - kinda pop musicy
CloZee - Secret Place - same sort of ambient, oriental sound CloZee always puts out

I needed Glitch Hop Community in my life. Sometimes poking around YT's side bar has its benefits. I don't think I have it in me anymore to do the whole thing I did with xKito back in the day and go through the entire channel's history to curate songs for my personal playlist though... but here's all some of the newer stuff I took most liking to.

Phaera - Solitaire
Artisen - Feisty
Nate Harrell - Diesel's Groove - hey Nate Harrell I know that name; song is quite video gamey
Seico - Jazz Up - pretty chill this one
Julian Wong - Escape - hype boss fight music
Forgotten Sounds - To Her - basically a glitched Alan Walker - Fade(d)
360Degrees - Critical Hit

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)