Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch

Though it may not be OU by usage, Crawdaunt is more than capable of wreaking havoc in the tier! Thanks to its very solid Attack stat, access to Adaptability, and nearly unresisted STAB combination alongside fantastic STAB moves in Knock Off and Crabhammer, Crawdaunt is incredibly difficult to switch into. It also provides good utility as it can remove items with Knock Off, and has access to obscenely strong priority in Aqua Jet, which is very helpful in revenge killing Pokemon like Volcarona and Mega Diancie. Crunch pairs quite nicely with Knock Off, dishing out more consistent damage against Mega Pokemon, Z-Move users, and Pokemon that have already lost their item. Crawdaunt is best paired with Pokemon that can pressure Tapu Bulu, one of its only checks, such as Mega Alakazam and Mega Lopunny. This can also be accomplished with hazards from the likes of Heatran and Ferrothorn. Finally, although Aqua Jet helps to compensate for Crawdaunt's poor Speed, it should still be paired with fast Pokemon like Choice Scarf Landorus-T and Tornadus-T.

Last edited:

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for taking a bit since tagged to QC this, but here we go.

It also provides some good utility as it can remove items with Knock Off,
This is the main mention of Knock Off, and I'm not the biggest fan of the wording you chose. It honestly sounds like you're marginalizing Knock Off claiming its main use as just providing the utility of removing items. Especially when compared to the rest of the sentence/spotlight using phrases like obscenely strong aqua jet. Would just like Knock Off to be mentioned with more importance as it's the most spammed and arguably best move daunt has to offer.

The set is mostly self explanatory outside of Crunch in the last slot, which is used for its consistent damage output against Megas, Z-Move Users, or Pokemon that have already had their item removed.
The wording of this sentence really disagrees with me. I'd really prefer something along the lines of "Crunch is paired with Knock Off for more consistent damage versus Megas, Z-Move users, or Pokemon that have already been knocked off". Doesn't have to be that exact wording by any means, I'm not a great writer so you can probably improve that. I just don't like saying the set is self explanatory as you're writing a spotlight explaining the set, and I don't want to inadvertently make someone who doesn't get the Daunt set at first glance feel bad. Little nitpick, just don't like claiming something is easy to understand, since there will no doubt be someone who doesn't grasp the information fully yet when reading this.

Also I like the teammates section just know the original post I'm critiquing was at 1091 characters, so a bit over the limit. If you need to end up cutting something to get it a bit closer to 1000 you can probably stop after mentioning Scarf Lando + Torn in the last sentence, and cut the lop + m-zam mention at the very end, especially as they are mentioned as good teammates in the prior sentence. Don't see the need to repeat them. Other than that all good.

1/1

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
here you go

add remove (comments)
Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch

Though it may not be OU by usage, Crawdaunt is more than capable of wreaking havoc in the tier! (no need for line break here) Thanks to Crawdaunt's its very solid Attack stat, access to Adaptability, and a nearly unresisted STAB combination alongside fantastic STAB moves in Knock Off and Crabhammer, Crawdaunt is incredibly difficult to switch into. It also provides some good utility as it can remove items with Knock Off, and has access to some obscenely strong priority in Aqua Jet, which is very helpful in revenge killing Pokemon like Volcarona and Mega Diancie. Crunch is used in the last slot as it (fluff, need to cut down on words) pairs quite nicely with Knock Off, dishing out more consistent damage output against Megas Mega Pokemon, Z-Move users, or and Pokemon that have already had lost their item removed by Knock Off (fluff, need to cut down on words). Crawdaunt is best paired with Pokemon that can pressure Tapu Bulu, one of its only checks, such as Mega Alakazam and Mega Lopunny. This can also be accomplished with hazards from the likes of Heatran and Ferrothorn. Finally, although Aqua Jet helps to compensate for Crawdaunt's poor Speed, it should still be paired with fast Pokemon like Choice Scarf Landorus-T and Tornadus-T.

GP 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)