ORAS UU Cold Water [feat TestingSomeTeams]

Huge shoutout to Kalalokki for doing this awesome banner! Thank you!

Major Lazer feat. Justin Bieber & MØ said:
Everybody gets high sometimes, you know
What else can we do when we're feeling low?
So take a deep breath and let it go
You shouldn't be drowning on your own

And if you feel you're sinking, I will jump right over
Into cold, cold water for you
And although time may take us into different places
I will still be patient with you
And I hope you know

I won't let go
I'll be your lifeline tonight
I won't let go

'Cause we all get lost sometimes, you know?
It's how we learn and how we grow
And I wanna lay with you 'til I'm old
You shouldn't be fighting on your own

And if you feel you're sinking, I will jump right over
Into cold, cold water for you
And although time may take us into different places
I will still be patient with you
And I hope you know

I won't let go (I won't let go, no no, no no no no)
I won't let go

Come on, come on
Save me from my rocking boat
I just wanna stay afloat
I'm all alone
And I hope someone's gonna take me home
Somewhere I can rest my soul
I need to know you won't let go

I won't let go, no no, no no no no
You won't let go

I won't let go
I won't let go

Hey RMT! This is one of my newest teams, and I built it with my friend TestingSomeTeams. It's a really solid Balance that is abusing of a cool defensive core. I haven't used it in Majors as much as I wanted to do, but I am still playing a lot with it and I got reqs for the Hydreigon Suspect using only this team with a good record of 50-14 and a 82.9% GXE. I used this team a lot to do a high peak in the UU Ladder too.

Mr. Highways: We started to talk about creating a team on Discord, and well, we did it. The first Pokémon of this team is Celebi, more specifically, the Nasty Plot + Leech Seed set, since it can defeat stall almost alone. This set can recover your health from Scald burns too, what's very useful versus Suicune squads.

Mr. Highways: We decided to add Sylveon and Suicune for two reasons: 1. Hydreigon (we built this team before the Suspect Test), 2. Gyarados. Hydreigon and Gyarados can fuck balance if you aren't prepared for them, however, if you are using Sylveon and Suicune, they're rarely a threat. Sylveon acts as a good Fighting resist and a cleric, and Suicune acts as a phazer, a physical wall and an Entei switch in. This Defensive backbone acts really well versus Offense.

Mr. Highways: Bronzong's utility on this team is invaluable. First of all, it provides a good switch to Sylveon, what's a threat that every Balance team must be prepared for. However, it isn't checking only Sylveon, it's one of the best Mega Aerodactyl switch-ins in the tier (if not running Crunch) and it's always defeating Celebi 1v1 when with Toxic + Protect. Bronzong is providing Stealth Rock to this team too.

Mr. Highways: Tentacruel is the main hazard removal option, since Empoleon must use Shuca Berry to be good and isn't as good as Tentacruel because man, Toxic Spikes + Rapid Spin provides a lot of utility to balance. Tentacruel's secondary role is checking NP Infernape, SD Cobalion and SD Lucario, aka Balance shredders.

Mr. Highways: Mega Aerodactyl is the best Mega in UU, and if you ask me "why are you using it?", I'll answer "Why shouldn't I use it?". That's because Mega Aerodactyl is providing Pursuit support, Speed control and a switch-in to Crobat. Pursuit was a huge addition to this team because it lacks a good way to defeat Mega Beedrill, and my matchup versus VoltTurn is terrible. I needed Aqua Tail on Mega Aerodactyl because Krookodile is always a problem to my teams.

@
| Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature | 252 SpAtk | 4 SpDef | 252 Spe
Nasty Plot | Giga Drain | Psychic | Leech Seed

Mr. Highways: Celebi is in my opinion the best Pokémon in the tier right now I have no doubts. Its versatility is invaluable, and its utility to this team too. This team lacks real Scald switch-ins (Suicune and Tentacruel hate being burned) and a good special sweeper, so Celebi is a glue. Celebi's role is break teams with its STAB combo and Leech Seed, what seems hard at a first glance, but if your opponent isn't running at least a Celebi check (what's suicide), he can't win. This team is lacking good answers to bulky Water-types too, so Celebi is my best answer to them, since it inutilizes Suicune, Milotic and Swampert with ease.

A lot of Celebi "switches" are not real switches, since you can just click Leech Seed and use it as a HP fodder, I'm talking about Pokémon like Mega Aggron, Bronzong and Cresselia. You can 1v1 them if you want too, however Celebi is a crucial Pokémon on this team, so don't risk it that much. Always try to restore your HP with Leech Seed when you are undecided in click either Giga Drain or Psychic, but this situation very rare, but it happens versus Mandibuzz Stall/Hydreigon teams. This set can break Stall with Nasty Plot + Leech Seed, and that's why I love it. Some Stall teams have zero answers to it (see "Other Replays"), but Christo's Sylveon + Mandibuzz team can worn Celebi down with ease, so try o spread Burn/Toxic in Mnadibuzz and keep Stealth Rock up, while pressuring with Mega Aerodactyl. This set has a good matchup versus fat teams too (See replay #1 and #2), like Balance and fat Offense teams.

This is the best EV spread that you can run while using this set, since you must be fast enough to OHKO some key Pokémon after +2, like Entei, Lucario, Krookodile and Kyurem (after Stealth Rock). Psychic and Giga Drain are great STAB Moves that are almost mandatory in this moveset, however Celebi can run Energy Ball if you think that team's matchup versus Krookodile is very bad, but in my opinion Colbur Berry is a better option if you feel that Krookodile is a big menace. Other options over Leech Seed? Sure - but I'm using Leech Seed because I found that it's the best 4th slot -, you can run Shadow Ball to catch Bronzong, Cresselia and Reuniclus that are feeling safe switching in Celebi, Baton Pass to surprise your opponent with Sylveon, or even Earth Power to hit Cobalion harder. I think that I don't need to talk about Nasty Plot here, because it's a broken move while used by Celebi and it allows Celebi to wreck every kind of team. Natural Cure is the only Ability that Celebi can run, hopefully it's a good Ability that allows Celebi to avoid any king of Status (like Toxic from Bronzong and Thunder Wave from Cresselia), not to mention that Celebi becomes the best Scald switch-in in the tier due to its Ability!

TestingSomeTeams: Celebi was the pokemon we chose to build the team around because it is one of the best sweepers of UU and can sweep a lot of teams if there is a opportunity. We chose Leech Seed Celebi because checks and counters like Bronzong, Blissey, Mega Aggron and others can get worn down by rocks + seeds. Celebi can easily set-up on bulk waters like Suicune and Swampert and once his checks are weakened or dead it can easily sweep the opponent team. Max speed is needed to tie with others +100 base speed and outspeed threats like Entei and Krookodile.

@
| Ability: Pixilate
Bold Nature | 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 SpDef
Hyper Voice | Heal Bell | Wish | Protect
Mr. Highways: Sylveon is a crucial member on this team. Not only because it's a cleric, but it's team's Conkeldurr and Hydreigon switch-in. Of course that they can run Poison- and Steel-type coverage (respectively), but that's rare. Pokémon like non-Hone Claws Mega Aerodactyl can't hurt Sylveon, nor Offensive SR Krookodile. It's main role on this team is heal every Pokémon that's in the team, most of the time Bronzong, Tentacruel and Mega Aerodactyl due the lack of reliable recovery for them. Unfortunately, Sylveon loses momentum when your opponent switches into Steel- or Poison-types, so your only real counterplay is clicking Bronzong and Tentacruel, but they are very passive overall.

Sylveon is very effective on this team, even if it's weak to common Pokémon, it checks a lot of threats in the UnderUsed metagame, like Choice Banded Krookodile (Sylveon is the only Knock Off switch-in on this team), Mega Blastoise and Mega Sharpedo. Dark-types are annoying as well, but Sylveon can hold them with some issues (Crawdaunt is the most annoying, look at the Threatlist). Fire-types are annoying too, but I can scout them with Protect and switch to either Suicune or Tentacruel. There are almost no drawbacks in running Sylveon to be honest, it's just a good cleric like Florges was in the Zapdos metagame.

This is the standard spread for Defensive Sylveon, I don't really know if there's a better spread, but this one may be the best actually because it allow Sylveon to check dangerous threats. like Choice Banded Conkeldurr and Krookodile. This EV spread not only allows Sylveon to check common physical sweepers, but max HP provides good Wish recovery to the entire team. Hyper Voice is the omnipresent STAB move in Sylveon, since it ables it to 2HKO Mega Aerodactyl, Celebi (after Stealth Rock and prior damage) and Cobalion. Pixilate is the only good Ability if you want to use Sylveon, mainly because it is the Ability that allows Sylveon to hit much Pokémon harder than Florges with Hyper Voice. Heal Bell allows Sylveon to heal Bronzong, Tentacruel and Mega Aerodactyl from annoying status like Burn, Poison and Paralyze. Wish is a healing move that's very important since the team has 4 Pokémon lacking a way of reliable recovery. Protect is a good move to scout what choice locked Pokémon are going to do, and it ables Sylveon to recover its own HP with it.

TestingSomeTeams: Sylveon was added to the team because Celebi hates dragons like Kyurem and Hydreigon, which Sylveon can check. It also checks Dark and Bugs like Mega Houndoom, Heracross, Mega Sharpedo and non Iron Tail Mega-Absol. Sylveon provides Wish support to the team, which is great because none of the members of the team have good reliable recovery. Heal Bell also is very good for the team because it can get rid of burn on Suicune, which is gonna be switching on Sacred Fires from Entei.

@
| Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature | 240 HP | 216 Def | 52 Spe
Roar | Scald | Rest | Sleep Talk

Mr. Highways: Suicune fulfills a very important role, since it's the only Pokémon that's able to check Gyarados and Entei on the team. Gyarados can is checked by Haze Tentacruel, but how I run Acid Spray to deal with bulky-ish teams, I use Roar Suicune as a check since it isn't weak to Earthquake and it takes 32.9-28.8% from a +1 Bounce (if Jolly Gyarados). Entei must be checked too due to its dangerous Sacred Fire, that burns almost every switch and is a pain in the ass to deal. Suicune's biggest hangman is Celebi, and this team has not too much problems with it (unless it has Shadow Ball and your opponent is doing crazy predictions) since I have both Bronzong and Mega Aerodactyl.

Suicune isn't here to check only Gyarados and Entei. It's an important check to absurdly powerful things like Choice Banded Krookodile, Mega Aerodactyl (Only if bronzong is very weakened or if it's in Krookodile's Pursuit range) and Mega Beedrill. Try to keep Suicune out of Krookodile's range when with less than 90% of HP, however, if you are sure that it's going to click Knock Off, switch to Sylveon. Suicune is a pretty good Pokémon versus Offense if you menage it well and keep trying to annoy your opponent with Pressure and Rest. Steel-types are annoying as hell to this team too, so try to keep Suicune alive if your opponent has either Doublade or Metagross, because they are dangerous as hell, but Suicune is always a good switch to those, unless Metagross "booms" or uses Grass Knot.

Suicune's EV spread allows it to phaze opponent's Suicune and outspeed some awful threats like CM Cresselia, Mandibuzz and Cleric Sylveon. I'm actually playing with another EV spread that is slightly changed (240 HP / 208 Def / 60 Spe) to outspeed Choice Specs Sylveon. The rest of the EVs are used to maximize Suicune's physical bulk. Scald is Suicune's only viable STAB Move when it's using a Defensive Set, since it has a high chance to burn your opponent. Rest and Sleep Talk are very good when used together since they are allowing Suicune to phaze Pokémon like Gyarados or burn strong wallbreakers while asleep. Roar is the best phazing move in the game, and I have to thank it for being so useful versus most of Gyarados squads. Also, don't risk clicking Rest + Sleep Talk in front of Pokémon like Mamoswine or CB Krookodile because you risk not getting a single Scald.

TestingSomeTeams: Suicune was the next choice because fire types was a huge problem for both Celebi and Sylveon. It can check powerful physical attackers that Sylveon cant handle like Mamoswine, Krookodile and Entei. We chose RestTalk Roar Suicune because pokemon like Gyarados and Feraligatr can easily set-up on it if it doesnt carry roar and RestTalk gives Suicune a way to recover hp and dont be set-up fodder while sleeping. Roar also let it checks some CM users like Reuniclus and Cresselia. 52 evs on speed are used to speed creep other Suicunes and outspeed CM Cresselia. 240 evs on HP are used to give it a leftovers number.

@
| Ability: Levitate
Relaxed Nature | 216 HP | 88 Def | 204 SpDef
Protect | Toxic | Gyro Ball | Stealth Rock

Mr. Highways: Bronzong is probably the best mixed wall in the tier. Man, its utility is invaluable, seriously. It is a blanket check to Mega Aerodactyl, Nidoqueen and Nidoking, Sylveon, Celebi and non-Knock Off Mamoswine (Knock Off is decreasing in usage). Celebi and Mega Aerodactyl are being used in almost every team right now, and Bronzong is the needed check. Of course that Bronzong is weak to Pursuit trappers (aka Krookodile), but I can 1v1 them with "ease" since Bronzong is running Toxic + Protect. Strong Physical and Special Attackers are big threats to Bronzong, but I can hold them with my other walls.

How I said before, Bronzong can 1v1 Krookodile with "ease", if you don't trust me, see replay #2. In this battle vs Shiba, Bronzong almost killed Krookodile with Toxic + Protect, and that's because while Bronzong is using this EV spread, Bronzong can't be 2HKOed by its Pursuit (and it can't be OHKOed too), so Bronzong uses Toxic, Protect, Gyro Ball, Protect and after this, Bronzong dies, but Krookodile will die too. However, always try to avoid being trapped, because this is prejudicial for both Bronzong and the team. Bronzong is a fodder to SD users like Escavalier and Lucario too, so try to switch as soon as possible to either Tentacruel or Suicune.

This EV spread is the best spread that Bronzong could ever run. It's avoiding the OHKO from Krookodile's Pursuit, not to mention that it walls Sylveon, Celebi and Mega Aerodactyl perfectly well. Relaxed Nature allows Bronzong to do more damage with Gyro Ball while it is still walling the aforementioned Pokémon. Protect is used to scout Choice locked Pokémon, mainly Krookodile, Mienshao, Entei and Conkeldurr. Toxic is very useful since it makes my matchup versus Cresselia and Celebi even better, and Bronzong is able to 1v1 Krookodile too. Stealth Rock is a top 5 move and it's used to pressure fat teams, with or without Toxic Spikes, it's a cool move to pressure Bulky Offense too since most of Pokémon can't switch in Celebi and/or Mega Aerodactyl after Stealth Rock. Gyro Ball is Bronzong's main damaging move since it hits Pokémon like Krookodile, Mega Aerodactyl and Celebi so hard, however Heavy Slam and Iron Head are good options to hit Sylveon better. Hypnosis can be used instead of Toxic too, but it almost always misses...

TestingSomeTeams: Bronzong is the next choice because of its ability to check Specs Sylveon, Kyurem, Mamoswine, Tornadus and Mega Aerodactyl, and have access to Stealth Rock, which is essential for every team. A Relaxed nature with 88 evs on def are used to avoid the KO from CB Krook Pursuit on the switch (and avoids the 2HKO if it stays in) and let it check some physical attackers like Mega Aerodactyl and Mamoswine better. Protect is nice on Bronzong because if let it scout choice users and most importantly let it know if Krookodile is going to Pursuit or Knock Off Bronzong, letting it switch or use Toxic + Protect to wear down Krook.

@
| Ability: Liquid Ooze
Bold Nature | 240 HP | 244 Def | 24 Spe
Rapid Spin | Scald | Toxic Spikes | Acid Spray

Mr. Highways: Tentacruel is the spinner. Its main roles are: keep Fighting-types away, remove hazards and set Toxic Spikes. Fighting-types are so dangerous the team is lacking safe switch-ins to Cobalion, Infernape and Lucario, however Lucario is still a big threat because Tentacruel is not even running Haze, but I'll explain it later. How I said in the teambuilding, Tentacruel is better than Empoleon because Rapid Spin is better than Defog due to keeping my Stealth Rock on the battle floor. Tentacruel has Toxic Spikes too, what is actually pretty good to pressure unprepared teams that have no hazard removal or that have they hazard removal options easily worn down.

Tentacruel helps this team a lot in a ton of matchups. Its typing allows it to check common threats to the team, like Cobalion, Infernape, Lucario, Empoleon and opposing Tentacruel. It's a solid answer to Cleric Sylveon too, since Bronzong isn't running Heavy Slam. Tentacruel is able to pressure bulky teams due to Acid Spray + Scald, what's huge due to the trend of using Crobat or Tentacruel on almost every team, Conkeldurr + Sylveon is being more common actually too, so there's a big advantage in having Tentacruel on this team. However, Tentacruel is very frail to Ground-types and this is really bad since Krookodile is becoming even more common. Tentacruel's typing is crucial to this team too, since it is always removing Toxic Spikes while touching the floor.

This EV spread allows Tentacruel to outspeed Adamant Honchkrow (even if it isn't a good benchmark actually) and take hits from physical and special sweepers, however I think that a faster EV spread is working really well actually since Tentacruel outspeeds Krookodile, Entei and other fast stuff like, the EV spread is 192 Spe / 76 Def / 240 HP with a Timid Nature. Bold Nature allows Tentacruel to take strong hits from Fighting-types. Liquid Ooze is a cool Ability that is very useful to defeat stuff like Celebi and Conkeldurr if you are sure that your opponent is going to use Giga Drain or Drain Punch, respectively, but it's useful to defeat Chesnaught and the gimmick SubSeed Whimsicott (although I don't really need it because Sylveon can already bypass Substitute). Scald is Tentacruel's main STAB move due to its high chance to burn Pokémon. Rapid Spin is another mandatory move in this set because it removes hazards from the floor, what's pretty good since this team is super weak to Spikes. Toxic Spikes is an extremely good move that if used correctly, is able to pressure teams with ease. Acid Spray is my safer way to deal with Cleric Sylveon if Bronzong is at low health, and it's a good move to deal with fat teams (check Replay #2).

TestingSomeTeams: Tentacruel was chosen because it is by far the best spinner and this team has troubles with hazards, so a hazard remover is great. Toxic Spikes let it wear down the opposing team and Acid Spray makes Tentacruel a secondary check to CM Suicune and help against some CM users and force some switchs.

@
| Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature | 252 Atk | 4 SpDef | 252 Spe
Wing Attack | Stone Edge | Aqua Tail | Pursuit
Mr. Highways: Mega Aerodactyl is absolutely scary actually, and that's not only because it's the best Mega Evolution in the tier, but its offensive presence is extremely good for a balance team, and how most of you know, a balance team must have a Pursuit trapper if there's no Ground-type due to how balance is weak to VoltTurn squads. Celebi and Crobat are being more and more common at the moment, so Mega Aerodactyl is always welcome to any kind of build.

My friends may know that, and yeah, I use Mega Aerodactyl on every team that I build. I don't really know why shouldn't I use it, because it's really solid Pokémon right now, and it is definitely a force to be reckoned with. Mega Aerodactyl's main purpose on this team is defeat fast Pokémon that are frail and weak to Pursuit, or even weakened Pokémon like Bronzong at more or less 30% (Pursuit). How I said before, it's a massive threat to every team, and it has a very good synergy with the rest of the team (specially with Celebi thanks to its ability to past through Water-types), and this is really good since you are always forcing your opponent in a 50/50 if he is trying to switch Celebi in Suicune or even Tentacruel, due to how Pursuit trapping it is easy.

This EV spread must be used to maximize Mega Aerodactyl's Attack and Speed, and no, I don't think that the bulkier EV spread with 212 Atk / 40 Def / 252 Spe is usable on this team because Mamoswine is not even common anymore and this team is not struggling with it right now. Jolly is the only good Nature on Mega Aerodactyl because it must have max speed to outspeed +1 Gyarados, +1 Feraligatr, Scarf Chandelure and other fast Megas. Unnerve is use as its pre-Mega Ability because I can block Slurpuff's Sitrus Berry recovery and potentially its Unburden. Wing Attack and Stone Edge are necessary STAB Moves that are always allowing that Mega Aerodactyl get past offensively-oriented archetypes with Pokémon like Celebi, Gyarados and Mega Sceptile. This STAB combo is also very useful versus any fat team because Mega Aerodactyl is hitting everything very hard, even if it isn't hitting super-effectively. Aqua Tail is an optional Coverage Move because I dislike using Earthquake, I don't think that it's a need on AoA Mega Aerodactyl, but Aqua Tail is a really cool lure to Krookodile and Nidoqueen/Nidoking, however I've been using Crunch and it is really good, since it ables Mega Aerodactyl to past through bulky Psychic-type Pokémon that are supposed counters to Mega Aerodactyl, like Cresselia (33.5 - 39.9%), Mixed Defensive Bronzong (52.8 - 62.6%), Slowking (49.3 - 58.5%) and CM Reuniclus (48.1 - 56.6%). Pursuit is a must on this set because it is a crucial move to trap Mega Beedrill VoltTurn squads and even Celebi.

TestingSomeTeams: For the last slot we picked Mega Aerodactyl because the team lacked speed and it is a great glue for the team, being a great revenge killer to some hard-hitters like Chandelure, Entei, Tornadus and Crobat and being able to stop some set-up sweepers like +1 Gyarados. Wing Attack was chosen because it let it revenge kill Celebi if it gets weakened a bit, Aqua Tail is great to kill Nidoking which can be a huge threat do the team and also hits Krookodile hard. Pursuit is a great move on Aerodactyl because it let it make some 50/50s against dangerous pokemon like Crobat, Tornadus, Entei, Celebi. Crunch and EQ are other options that can be used over Wing Attack or Aqua Tail. Crunch let it hit Bronzong hard, weakening it for a potential Celebi sweep. EQ can still hit Nidoking hard (although it doesnt kill it from full HP) and can weaken steels types like Mega Aggron, Doublade and non-Shuca Cobalion.

Archetypes:
Christo's Stall:
This team is specially annoying because the team can't really touch all its Pokémon, specially Mandibuzz. I must play carefully, trying to keep Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes on the floor, Toxic/Scald Mandibuzz and try to sweep with Celebi late game, but this is really hard since Mega Steelix and Cresselia can wall it at +2.

Hazard Stack + Jellicent: This one is less annoying, but it's still pretty hard to deal with. Hopefully Celebi can take care of the most of the Pokémon in this kind of team, however try to scout Forretress because it can carry Pin Missile.
Cores:

+
: This core is really annoying because Krookodile leaves Bronzong with low health and Mega Aerodactyl can past through the team with Hone Claws since my only answer to it will be Suicune. To deal with it try to do double switches when you are expecting Krookodile and put it in an uncomfortable situation versus either Celebi or Suicune.

+
: The matchup of the team versus VoltTurn squads aren't that good, but when the team is fighting versus this core, my only way to deal with it is double switch to Mega Aerodactyl when you are expecting Mega Beedrill, and then you Pursuit it.
Single Pokémon:

: This team has no switch-ins to Crawdaunt, the only way to deal with it is revenge killing with Celebi. Try to keep Celebi with max health and try to deal with the Pokémon that check Celebi in opponent's team, thus you can sweep with it without much problems.

: Choice Banded Conkeldurr is a threat for every single team. Try to scout it with both Bronzong and Sylveon and pressure it with Mega Aerodactyl or Celebi.

: Escavalier is really scary, but only its Swords Dance + 3 Attacks set. When your opponent is using it, try to weaken it with either Suicune and Tentcruel and defeat it with Mega Aerodactyl. The Choice Band set and the CroEsca aren't scary at all since I can play around them very well or phaze it with Suicune.
NOT IN A SPECIAL ORDER
TestingSomeTeams: Really cool guy that helped me to build this team. Hope you have better chances to shine in the next generation <3
ericaroselia: This gurl helped me to translate this entire RMT, seriously you're a real friend! Also, MixMaxZe > All.
GustavoYAY: s2. Really hope you get better opportunities in the next generation man :]
Luna Bakitso: Really like your job in the portuguese room and in the Portuguese Translations subforum! I promise you that I'm going to translate the mine soon!
retrowaves: You're finally alive S2
Malin: I don't know what happened to you mate, but I really miss you and I'm sure that you'll be one of my best friends in PS! ever :(
lockjaw: Amazing PU player and a big friend of mine :]
Lcans: Really really really awesome player. Please SPL caps, buy him, he's a really good multitier player! You helped me a lot too man, thank you!
Eutychios: Really cool guy that helped me to test my teams! Keep doing a good job while rating teams n_n
MandyRoh: Cute user 10/10
Yaotome: /me pets Yaotome. Another cute user o3o
Century Express: Another really good player that helped me to test my teams a lot. Thank you man! :]
LJDarkrai: Really good Uber player, seriously, buy him on SPL and UPL. You're a really nice fren' too :]
Randomnick: Nice player and a good friend :}
AndrewGoncel: Amazing owner >:3
Ren-chon: Really good NUer oo
Ranbu No Melody: Really good person and player :]
woolf: woof woolf
Nayuki: Melo > N, that's all :P
Ninjacalibur: Amazing player overall, and thank you for doing a hard work in the translation project!
Cool people from the portuguese room: Anjo Malicioso, DragonLatios, xInsrew, Wanni, Shorts, Joo Ventura, Marcos00002, Germinha and AccidentalGenius oso for y'all owo
Eternal Spirit: Teammate and really good player, gl in OLT and in Majors man!
Toxic Crow Lord Thorx : Thank you for all man! HRC is a really nice clan and I plan to keep on it for a long long time xD
Spl4sh: You disappeared for a long time, but you're finally back :D
PinkDragonTamer: Cool UU player. I really hope that we do more battles :]
Accelgor: This is a player that I haven't talked too much, but he's a really good person and a good player too!
Jynx Nuggets: JYNX <3333
ggggd: Awesome LC player and a cool fren'
A Hero's Destiny: Another amazing multitier player that's a big friend of mine, even when I was a complete noob, thank you for all man!
Euphonos: /wall you're a really creative user and a cool teammate :]
Yogibears: Ty for tutoring me man! Also, nice finals on the UU Room tour using NU teams haha
dfmetal: Another cool guy, thank you for tutoring me too!
Other people in the HRC: Real FV13, Bloody alfa, ty for being cool guys :3
CriiSs': Great player, ty for everything man :]
Closuree: Nice cap >:3
Sagati: Awesome UUer from the brazilian community!
Other cool EPL teammates: p2, Posho, Mr. Mendes, Gonjv Sky, LOST., JIR and Knight, you are really cool people <3
xJoelituh: You're a fantastic cap that helped me a lot during our PSPL run. Thank you man!
Leiteng and other IC teammates such as Shoot: You are really good players, keep doing the hard work :]
modafocka nigga: Change your nick and <3

I'm so sorry if I forgot someone, but happens :/

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Leech Seed

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 208 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roar
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 216 HP / 88 Def / 204 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Acid Spray

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Pursuit

This team is, actually, a standard balance team and that's why we wanted to show you. It got not that good results in UU Majors because we chocked or we got haxed, but that's part of the game. Balance is in our opinion the strongest playstyle right now and we really hope that you use this team like we used it. Thank you for reading and hope you enjoyed n_n.

Last edited:

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello there! This team seems very solid, that being said there are still some issues that I'll try to adress.

• Between Aerodactyl, Tentacruel, Sylveon, or even Celebi the team seems able to defeat most fighting types without too much problem. However, there's one fighting type that can actually break the team through: Toxicroak, especially the bulky variant, can set up without much problems versus Bronzong, Sylveon, Tentacruel or even Suicune, if it happens to carry sucker punch there's a pretty decent chance that you straight up lose the game. Trying to fix this issue, you have different choices here:

over Suicune, this change would make some sense in this team, allowing you to counter Toxicroak while also fixing the lack of Volt Switch immunity. I feel like your team doesn't need Suicune that much, you have Sylveon to keep Swampert healthy which makes the entei match up manageable, it also gives you rock, leaving you free to use Escavalier over Bronzong for instance, making the pursuit weakness much less of an issue while also providing a really solid Reuniclus answer.

Haze over Acid Spray would allow you to prevent Toxicroak to set up for free while also having extra utility versus other set up sweepers that are also very common. Also, I definitively think you should change back the spread to 240 HP/76 Def/192+ Speed. Krook cripples more or less everything thanks to Knock off, having an extra way to pressure him and Entei seems necessary to me.

Roost over Aqua Tail would at least allow Aerodactyl to stay healthy enough to live +2 Sucker Punch. This is more of an optional change considering the utility Aqua Tail offers but yeah I think Roost would also make sense here considering that Aero also has to stay healthy to deal with Beedrill.

• You mentioned things like Forretress and Escavalier in the threatlist. I also find Haxorus and Hydreigon (Mixed version) pretty scary.

A pretty elegant way to pressure dragons would be using Dazzing Gleam over Leech Seed. Hidden Power [Fire] might also work. These are optional changes because I really do get the appeal behind the use of Leech Seed, this is just the only way to deal better with the mentioned threats I could think of without wreaking the balance this team has.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam/Hidden Power [Fire]

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Roar
- Earthquake

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Drill Run
- Iron Head

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 76 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Hope I helped!

Hey man, this is really nicely formatted and enjoyable to read. I liked how your team looked so I decided to give it a try and noticed some things that can be improved. I found the match up vs volturn to be very hard to play. An example is, I ran into a team with beedrill, forry, and helio and there was pretty much nothing I can do to stop or discourage them from clicking volt / u turn. I was able to pursuit bee but a couple turns went like this: helio was in vs cune, i went to sylv to take the volt, forry came in was able to volt freely back into helio. This issue originates from your team lacking a ground type but also your team lacking offensive presence. The fastest mon is aero who is also the only immediate form of offensive presence (celebi needs a turn of set up to pose a threat vs some teams). I feel that if teams will use a defensive backbone this susceptible to offensive pressure, that flaw must be made up by discouraging or stopping the opponent from applying that pressure. You have 1 solution by using pursuit on aero. I think Sacri' made excellent suggestions above.

I find the change of suicune to swampert to be a great one. Swampert acts as a deterrent to volturn while providing a secondary check to aero so that aero+krook doesn't completely screw you over. And as sacri mentioned, this change allows you to use escavelier over bronzong which would help tremendously in the match up vs psychics (like cress and reuni), as well as provide a win con vs slower teams if you choose to use some cro-escav set or even sd 3 attacks. The other thing escav helps with are haxorus and mixed hydreigon. While not completely checking those threats, it does give you the ability to pivot around moves since escav doesn't die to mold breaker eq (it takes about half with max hp 0 def) and takes a little over 40 from hydreigon's dark pulse. You just have more options in game and can play the trading game with your opponent on more equal footing.

I tried that version of the team and felt it was much more effective and a lot of fun to use. Hope I helped!

First of all, thank you both Sacri' and obii for the rates, I really enjoyed the fact that you liked the team n_n. Sorry if my english sucks but it isn't my language. I generaly don't answer the rates that I receive, but I have to do this right now... You won't believe me, but I built a really similar team with TestingSomeTeams some weeks ago, however we weren't using Mega Aero, but we were using Krookodile. I used it to ladder and I used it in my match versus Kiyo in Majors too.

I really appreciate these changes, but I can't see how Toxicroak is THAT anniying to deal. I think that the most of the changes helped me in the matchup versus some VoltTurn teams, but I really think that Toxicroak isn't that annoying to deal. I can bluff Defensive Celebi with Leech Seed expecting a Sucker Punch and Nasty Plot or even Psychic in some 50/50 after this, but the Swampert change really helps this team. Escavalier is a really good replacement over Bronzong too since it's a solid answer to some Pokémon that this team is weak to like Reuniclus and even opposing Escavalier, but I really miss the lack of a user of Toxic to deal with common and annoying Pokémon like Mandibuzz and Alomomola, but my team has the needed natural bulk to pressure them without much troubles. I really liked the Tentacruel EV Spread change and I'll definitely try it out (authough I mentioned it in the RMT), since it helps me a lot in matchups versus Krookodile, Entei and Even Mamoswine. The only thing that I dislike is that this team is gonna be much more weak to some key threats like Choice Banded Cokeldurr and Dragon Dance Gyarados, since I'll must be prepared to defeat DD Gyra with Swampert, what isn't the ideal thing to do since it will be way too frail to take hits from Entei and other Physical Sweepers.

Thank you again for the rate guys, here it is the replay versus Kiyo for majors: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-uu-194161

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)