Common Moves

GB_Packers_Ftw

LOOKS LIKE FAVRE GOT SHUT DOWN
The random stuff is from Some random noob running around who has enver played competative Pokemon before.

My understanding is that these are moves that are on a pokemon and not moves that are nessicarily used?

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Also, it turns out that Stealth Rock is, contrary to popular opinion, more common in ubers than in standard.
Actually Standard is the metagame where Stealth Rock is used the LEAST.

But this can be explained by the fact that random noobs usually play Standard only. The other metagames are usually not infested by noobs.

what's interesting to me is how high the percentage is for meteor mash in ou, since pretty much only metagross uses it in that tier. Show's how present gross is in the current metagame

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Actually, I'm not too surprised at Sub > Surf. Almost every sweeper can utilise a Substitute moveset, whereas only Water types can really use Surf. What I find really interesting are things like Meteor Mash and Dynamicpunch in OU, because there are pokemon specific moves. It gives a good indication of how often a pokemon is used.

Actually, I'm not too surprised at Sub > Surf. Almost every sweeper can utilise a Substitute moveset, whereas only Water types can really use Surf. What I find really interesting are things like Meteor Mash and Dynamicpunch in OU, because there are pokemon specific moves. It gives a good indication of how often a pokemon is used.
Except if you'd want to know how often a Pokemon is used, you could just check the server statistics thread.

But yeah, really nice list X-Act. ^^ Also lolling @Explosion at 9.11%.

I'm kinda surprised at Stealth Rock being only on 9.88% of Pokemon. Assuming no team has more than one Pokemon using it (because why should you), 59,28% of teams has got Stealth Rock... which means over 40% of teams do not. I mean, is there any reason not to include it in your team anyway o.o

I'm actually not surprised by this at all. Earthquake is a strong move with 100% accuracy and I haven't seen one good team that doesn't have it.

The Explosion thing is unbelievable, lol.

I'm kind of surprised that Reflect is so much higher than Light Screen to be honest; I guess the fact that so many users of the moves are weak to Pursuit must have something to do with it, but I wouldn't have expected the gap between them to be as large as it is.

nice quote. what are saying is wrong here?

if you are saying that stealth rock is less common in ubers than in standard, YOU ARE WRONG. looking at the statistics more pokemon use stealth rock in uber than in standard. it may not seem that way, but it is apparently true
Actually, if you factor in how often OU Standard is played compared to the amount of Uber games, and that ubers often have to re-set them due to Forretress being prominant in stall teams, almost more than in Standard stall, and as Doug said, the people who just start and don't know anything pick their favorites, and go into it with Alakazam, Sceptile, Regice, Dusknoir, Azelf, and Ninjask and think it will work with no rocks.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The percentages are generated by a program in less than a second, so I can provide these every month if people so desire.

Yes, X-Act. I do desire this. (what about the ones that showed what the chance that a pokemon would be on someones team?)

The Explosion thing is unbelievable, lol.

I'm kind of surprised that Reflect is so much higher than Light Screen to be honest; I guess the fact that so many users of the moves are weak to Pursuit must have something to do with it, but I wouldn't have expected the gap between them to be as large as it is.

This is a very physically oriented metagame and we have blissey to sponge just about every soecial attack there is.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Considering that SR is used on usually one pokemon per team and that Earthquake is one of the best attacks in the game (which means basically everything that learns it uses it effectively), these results are pretty shocking to me. Its just cool to know that I'm not crazy, Stealth Rock really IS that common, lol

The percentages are generated by a program in less than a second, so I can provide these every month if people so desire.
Yeah, that would be quite awesome. Thanks for this, X-Act, it makes team building hone hell of a lot easier.lol. 9% Explosion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)