[COMPLETED] Slowbro

Also, scizor fears slowbro more than slowbro fears scizor cause stab bug attacks can't ohko from banded scizor so it's not really a threat if slowbro has at least 75-80% it can always slack off away the u turn damage then switch out for regen recovery or slowbro can ohko scizor on the switch or if it lacks u turn, Slowbro just has too much bulk to care about whether its a super effective hit or not. Scizor also fears the 30% burn chance from scald. This thing can withstand +2 outrages from most dragons which should be highlighted in the analysis as it gives a good indication of how bulky it is as a physical wall. The only reliable check I've come across when using slowbro is the lati twins if they have draco meteor it's normally a ohko or they just set up on slowbro. Hydreigon does nicely to with access to a stab dark pulse, but unless its life orb'd or spec'd slowbro can still survive one of them, Noivern is a good check providing you can get a safe switch in against slowbro. Keldeo albeit unavailable in the current meta can threaten slowbro's that don't have toxic cause of hp ghost.

Blaziken got booted back to ubers but you can sub talonflame into that instead as it's pretty much the same type of threat to most mons except slowbro.

Last edited:

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I also don't mention Scizor at all in the analysis except for the one time I say that Fire Blast has utility in KOing Scizor, so I'm not really sure where you are getting this info about him being a check. Lati twins are also not released in pre Pokebank metagame, while Hydreigon, and particularly, Noivern do not enjoy taking an Ice Beam or Thunder Wave.

I also got permission of QC before I started writing this to mention Blaziken, and it was QC approved 3 times with Blaziken mentioned.

On a side note, it would be much more productive to give feedback when an article is in the writing process and not completely finished, especially if a lot of the feedback isn't aimed at content directly in the article.

I'm just saying....

I never said that you called scizor a check directly but you implied it by saying it "threatens" slowbro when it really doesn't unless you're at about 50%-66% HP. This is where my confusion arose on the subject and the content of my post does go outside the content in the article because I'm bothering to go into depth with statistics etc to validate my suggestions.

Frizy

dont change my ct fuckers
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
sorry for suggesting this a tad late but would a small mention of shed shell be possible? it stops gengar from trapping you and regen + slack off compensates for the lack of lefties well enough.

Slowbro is also one of the best pokemon to use assault vest. It can become an amazing mixed wall that can still recover hp due to regenerator.

You cannot use status moves with assault vest though.
Right, but it becomes a great hit and run pivot that has great mixed bulk and just enough SpA and special moves to threaten many potential switch ins with a super effective hit. You'll maintain great momentum this way and get the most out of Regenerator with max HP and either max SpA or mixed SpA with some Df EVs.

Right, but it becomes a great hit and run pivot that has great mixed bulk and just enough SpA and special moves to threaten many potential switch ins with a super effective hit. You'll maintain great momentum this way and get the most out of Regenerator with max HP and either max SpA or mixed SpA with some Df EVs.
Someone should definitely test this. Slowbro has a great offensive movepool including Surf, Fire Blast, Ice Beam, and more.

I have tested it. It's a great switch into fighting and fire moves. The main downside is being weak to both U-Turn and Volt Switch, and Knock Off hurts it pretty bad as well as gets rid of Assault Vest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)