Confide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confide is a new move that pretty much every Pokemon can learn from TM100. It lowers the target's Special Attack by one stage but what really makes it worth considering in Doubles is how it goes through Protect.

I don't know if it works on Wide Guard or Quick Guard but even if it doesn't, it would seem to be a pretty good move, since Protect is so common in Doubles.

Moderator note: it does not break Protect, it merely goes through it.

Last edited by a moderator:
woah woah woah hold up it BREAKS protect? and considering how many pokemon get it...

i sure as hell did NOT know this. i'll slap a team together later and try it out

e: play nice does the same thing, but for attack and has worse distribution just putting that out there

just tested ingame; confide does NOT lift protect, but it does go behind it.

for proof, here's battle video: LMBG-WWWW-WWW3-33BG

just tested ingame; confide does NOT lift protect, but it does go behind it.

for proof, here's battle video: LMBG-WWWW-WWW3-33BG
"The battle video could not be found"

Even if it can't lift Protect, I can see Confide being useful on Prankster users. A guaranteed -1 Sp Atk is pretty cool. Plus, the only other status moves that lower Sp Atk are Captivate and Memento. Those are... Yeah.

"The battle video could not be found"

Even if it can't lift Protect, I can see Confide being useful on Prankster users. A guaranteed -1 Sp Atk is pretty cool. Plus, the only other status moves that lower Sp Atk are Captivate and Memento. Those are... Yeah.
Snarl does it and is a spread move.

Also, Female Sableye with Captivate was a very quick way to neuter the fuck out of Latios in Gen 5.

Never apologize.

Snarl does it and is a spread move.

Also, Female Sableye with Captivate was a very quick way to neuter the fuck out of Latios in Gen 5.
Snarl has spread but it's not affected by Prankster. That's really cool with Latios though, I didn't know that.

Confide hits through Quick Guard with Prankster, just tested it in the Battle Maison. I imagine it would go through Substitute too?

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Confide suffers from the same problem that practically every single target -1 stat debuff has - they simply don't do enough in a turn. Well that and the opponent could simply swap out.

If it was like -2, or if it was spread, I MIGHT see some use for Confide, but right now it's just really not worth it. You could be using icy wind to slow the opponent, or snarl to debuff them both at once, or hell even follow me to tank the attacks for your partner.

Also situational since, y'know, while follow me and icy wind work regardless of opp team makeup, confide only works on pokemon who use special attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)