Creative and Underrated Sets Balanced Hackmons Edition (NO SHITTY GIMMICKS, POSTS WILL BE DELETED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been having a bit of fun testing out tinted lens again with various candidates. Here's one I have been playing around with just for fun

Continental (Groudon-Primal) @ Choice Band/Charcoal
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Low Kick
- Stealth Rock
- V-create

252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Giratina: 528-624 (104.7 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre: 522-616 (129.2 - 152.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Groudon: 372-440 (92 - 108.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Gyarados: 420-494 (106.5 - 125.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I've been having a bit of fun testing out tinted lens again with various candidates. Here's one I have been playing around with just for fun

Continental (Groudon-Primal) @ Choice Band/Charcoal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Low Kick
- Stealth Rock
- V-create

252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Giratina: 528-624 (104.7 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre: 522-616 (129.2 - 152.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Groudon: 372-440 (92 - 108.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Gyarados: 420-494 (106.5 - 125.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
While CB Primal Groudon is absolutely devastating with V-Create, I think that tinted lens shines to it's true potential with attacking types that lack any immunities or 4x resistances- like flying.

Switch in To What (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Sleep Talk

252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Aggron: 160-189 (46.5 - 54.9%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Tinted lens Mega ray literally doesn't need anything else beyond just Dragon Ascent to 2HKO everything in the tier that lacks fur coat, king's shield, or poison heal. Even his go to switch ins- regenvest M-Aggron/M-Steelix/Regirock are completely shredded by Dragon Ascent. If tinted lens Ray gets in on something slower and lacking king's shield there's absolutely no reason to not just spam the hell out of DA, since literally nothing can come in on it. You could run also some priority for utility or brave bird for more pp, but really with this kind of power you might well just run sleep talk so one less thing stops you from spamming DA.

Even tho -ates are now less common ill still introduce my insult to injury set;

Metagross-Mega @ Safety Goggles/Rocky Helmet/Assault vest
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk or /252 Atk / 252 speed or w/e / own style fitting
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch/Gear Grind
- Heal Order / variant / Drain punch / Horn leech
- w/e
- w/e

Generally this set has a lot of "whatever" cause you need to allign moves by what you want/need to run, and the kind of the thing is that: mummy finally has an abuser that can take hit and deal punishment back at high rate. This use of mummy allows mega cross to easily take on -ate users, specially mega diancie (which is why bullet punch is prefered or gear grind with max speed) and is in the same speed tier with the most common ones.
But one thing that really shines about it is the fact that you can be verstile; You can either be fast check to screw over non max speed -ates, speed tie with max speeds or be bulky damage dealer that can switch in on boombursts and the like.
Added bonus: sheddy and contratories get a bad parting gift when sacked.
Or hell, not generally many physicals regardless of their ability enjoy being mummified.

mega-metacross is just too perfect for this ability.
Just stay away from primal groudon.

I don't think I've posted this mega banette yet, but it's extremely underrated so eh, why not?

Banette-Mega @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extremespeed
- Knock Off/Shadow Claw
- Protect/Substitute/Drain Punch

Here's my favorite sweeper in the tier, and for good reason; it outspeeds up to base 150s after unburden, is imposter proof, kills -ates, OHKOs several extremely bulky mons, can easily sweep with extremespeed...honestly the list goes on and on.

While Unburden Ho-oh is nice and all, the weakness to rocks kind of makes it not as good, and it's weak to opposing extremespeeders. But the thing is, if the Ho-oh user realizes this and runs extremespeed, the Ho-oh is no longer imposterproof. I think those reasons are what make Mega Banette really shine as an unburden pokemon.

On to the set, EVs outspeed base 150 jolly (iirc), 116 is for even HP, and the rest is dumped into Attack for maximum power. There isn't really much that needs to be said besides the calcs:
+6 252+ Atk Mega Banette Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 368-433 (91.3 - 107.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+6 252+ Atk Mega Banette Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Gyarados: 423-498 (107.3 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Mega Banette Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def (impostered) Eviolite Chansey: 938-1104 (133.2 - 156.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Mega Banette Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 388-457 (106.5 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Mega Banette Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Yveltal: 340-401 (74.5 - 87.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Bottom line is, once sturdinja is out of the way, rocks are up, and this thing sets up...you can pretty much say gg.

Oh and before you guys tell me not to run protect and run spiky shield or king's shield instead, I run protect to make sure imposters can't deal any damage to me or lower my attack before dying. Of course you can run SS or KS if you really want.

While CB Primal Groudon is absolutely devastating with V-Create, I think that tinted lens shines to it's true potential with attacking types that lack any immunities or 4x resistances- like flying.

Switch in To What (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Sleep Talk

252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Aggron: 160-189 (46.5 - 54.9%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Tinted lens Mega ray literally doesn't need anything else beyond just Dragon Ascent to 2HKO everything in the tier that lacks fur coat, king's shield, or poison heal. Even his go to switch ins- regenvest M-Aggron/M-Steelix/Regirock are completely shredded by Dragon Ascent. If tinted lens Ray gets in on something slower and lacking king's shield there's absolutely no reason to not just spam the hell out of DA, since literally nothing can come in on it. You could run also some priority for utility or brave bird for more pp, but really with this kind of power you might well just run sleep talk so one less thing stops you from spamming DA.
The point is, groudon doesn't care about any fur coat or stuff like this. And dragon acsend is not nearly as powerfull as v-create.
252+ Atk Choice Band Rayquaza Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 273-322 (42.5 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Rayquaza Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 229-270 (45.5 - 53.6%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Rayquaza Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 169-199 (42.8 - 50.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
A lot of 2hko for groudon are 3hko for mega rayquaza. Witch makes him consiredably less good.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Chatter
- King's Shield
- Dragon Tail
- Mirror Move

This Rayquaza set is created to compliment an assist Primal Groudon. None of these moves can be called by assist, and Gale Wings makes Chatter spam surprisingly potent (it also does a decent chunk of damage thanks to stab and SpA EVs), and King's + Mirror Move priority can turn around a move on Rayquaza if desired.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Quiet Nature
- Chatter
- King's Shield
- Dragon Tail
- Mirror Move

This Rayquaza set is created to compliment an assist Primal Groudon. None of these moves can be called by assist, and Gale Wings makes Chatter spam surprisingly potent (it also does a decent chunk of damage thanks to stab and SpA EVs), and King's + Mirror Move priority can turn around a move on Rayquaza if desired.
Sorry but I think this technically counts as a gimmick, especially since it is specialized for assist teams.

Hi everyone! Time for some random sets. If any of these are too weird, let me know and I'll remove them.

First, a Protean with a setup move (shocking, I know):

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Jolly Nature
- King's Shield
- Bolt Strike
- Precipice Blades
- Coil / Shift Gear

The point of this set is the boosting move, which, besides increasing power, does a number of things:

1) In Coil's case, boosts both attacks to 100% accuracy; in Shift Gear's, allows MMX to outspeed the entire meta

2) Allows MMX to boost on predicted King's and Spiky Shields

3) Sets MMX's type to Poison or Steel, which is useful defensively, mostly for Fairy resistance

4) Sets MMX's type to or Steel, which means I can hit Chansey hard with Precipice Blades if I predict a switch

(+1 252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X (Ground) Earthquake (120 BP) vs. +1 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Chansey (Poison): 350-414 (54.6 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)
(+1 252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Chansey: 522-614 (81.4 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)

5) For Coil, improves Defense, making me more -ate-resistant.

Bolt Strike + Precipice Blades is actually very good coverage, which means this needs to be walled by a Fur Coat user or a Grass-type. I was running a Prankster with Topsy-Turvy, which, in Coil's case, at least, has the added bonus of lowering accuracy and making both attacks very likely to miss. These attacks can be replaced with whatever coverage you want, especially if Shift Gear is being used, but I just liked this pairing for whatever reason.

Obviously I'm not the first person to try using this, but I think it's definitely underrated and can be quite useful.

Here it is doing stuff: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-194226684

These next two sets are for Assist. They aren't as serious, but can still be quite useful. If you don't like potentially idiotic sets, stop reading now.

Deoxys-Speed @ Assault Vest
Ability: Klutz
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 174 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spiky Shield
- Counter
- Destiny Bond
- Switcheroo

When people see Deoxys-Speed, particularly one that isn't Mold Breaker, they tend to lead with their -ate user or their Magic Bouncer. This set beats both.

Spiky Shield blocks -ate Fake Out, then the EVs here guarantee surviving an Extreme Speed from any common user. Deoxys-S can then OHKO with a surprise Counter, and maybe take down the next Pokemon with Destiny Bond if the opponent is reckless enough.

Any Pokemon that relies on status moves is crippled by switching into Switcheroo, provided it doesn't have its Mega Stone or Mail.

Destiny Bond + minus priority is also a good combination because it gives you two chances to be killed.

This set is kind of a bad gimmick, but it's actually been very practically useful and definitely has a place on Assist teams, if nothing else. Speaking of Assist teams:

Arceus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Switcheroo
- Destiny Bond
- Chatter / Spiky Shield

Nature Power would be a lot better if it still turned into Earthquake. You don't see a lot of people using Prankster Normal-types with Tri Attack, because it just isn't that great. But with Specs, it becomes a relatively useful form of priority that can be used without being called by Assist. Arceus can also Switcheroo the Specs to be as annoying as possible, or Destiny Bond. The last move is filler Shedinja-killing.

the sprites were from pkparaiso.com

Even tho -ates are now less common ill still introduce my insult to injury set;

Metagross-Mega @ Safety Goggles/Rocky Helmet/Assault vest
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk or /252 Atk / 252 speed or w/e / own style fitting
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch/Gear Grind
- Heal Order / variant / Drain punch / Horn leech
- w/e
- w/e

Generally this set has a lot of "whatever" cause you need to allign moves by what you want/need to run, and the kind of the thing is that: mummy finally has an abuser that can take hit and deal punishment back at high rate. This use of mummy allows mega cross to easily take on -ate users, specially mega diancie (which is why bullet punch is prefered or gear grind with max speed) and is in the same speed tier with the most common ones.
But one thing that really shines about it is the fact that you can be verstile; You can either be fast check to screw over non max speed -ates, speed tie with max speeds or be bulky damage dealer that can switch in on boombursts and the like.
Added bonus: sheddy and contratories get a bad parting gift when sacked.
Or hell, not generally many physicals regardless of their ability enjoy being mummified.

mega-metacross is just too perfect for this ability.
Just stay away from primal groudon.
I used this set. Liked it.
Havent run into that many -iates, but this one here induces tons of rage opponents see their previously contrary pokemon getting stats lowered.

So back when ORAS first came out I came up with this neat offensive core, and while I can't fit it into my new teams, I think it just might be good enough to post here.

Code:
Groudon-Primal @ Life Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Icicle Crash
- King's Shield
- Roost

Kyogre-Primal @ Life Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Slack Off
The idea is that each set walls the other one, and both pack a lot of power. Because of the order that the weathers change, if Kyogre gets Impostered, it's safe to switch in Groudon, and vice versa. They are able to Recover off any damage that the other does to it, and Kyogre can kill Groudon with Water Spout, and Groudon can kill Kyogre with V-Create (it takes a few hits though). Individually, they are able to do a lot of damage too. Groudon is able to V-Create, and not too much can live Groudon Primal's V-Create in Sun. Icicle Crash was added because I needed coverage that Kyogre resisted, and it's not all that useful, but capable of KOing things like Mega Ray on the switch in (I believe 2hko on Giratina). Water Spout from Kyogre, as long as its health is at ~60% or above, will pretty much guaranteed KO anything that doesn't resist it, and Moonblast is a 2HKO on Giratina.

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Having problems with chatterquaza?

Try this!

Gigazowler (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Ascent
- Diamond Storm

I think it's doing pretty well while still being damaging. The caveat ofc is no recovery but I have a wish passer in my team. It's also a decent hitter overall.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Chatter
- Oblivion Wing
- Spiky Shield
- Spore

Groudon-Primal @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Sacred Fire
- Bolt Strike
- Pursuit

Gets rid of those shedinjas and other pdon's, plus it's unexpected to be mold breaker until in battle!

Only really high up ladder uses it I would like to expand it to lower levels
That's not the purpose of this thread...
Groudon-Primal @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Sacred Fire
- Bolt Strike
- Pursuit

Gets rid of those shedinjas and other pdon's, plus it's unexpected to be mold breaker until in battle!
That's not really creative or underrated

Neither of those are either creative nor unusual. Something that'd qualify for that would be more like this.

Manectric-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Volt Switch
(Steam Eruption can replace anything that's not Thunder.)

Disclaimer: Clearly meant for Rain Teams and will probably be on the meh side until the Assistdon spam gets sorted out.

Never mind that Kit (or most of us in this thread for that matter) has played BH since Gen V, on multiple alts, that have been reset multiple times along with the rest of the ladder, and participated in multiple, major tournaments such as the OMPL.

So trust us when we say that Chatterquaza or Moldy Groudon is neither creative nor underrated, especially when they're both common on the Assistdon cancer teams flooding the ladder right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a fun set I use:
Shenron (Rayquaza-M)@
Leftovers
Ability: Filter
*Le Bulky EV's & nature
- Cosmic Power
- Recover
- Agility
- Baton Pass.

Seriously, this thing is a good Baton Passer. If you want to take full advantage of this, then combine it with a Stored Power User (How about Defensive Deo-A(Yes I know, the Irony)?)
... But I'm the king of hax, so I use Defensive Deo-S with Hax moves, SG, and lax incense instead.

Sken

feet of clay
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm new to BHackmons so I'm not very sure if this is an original/new set for Mega Quaza but I haven't really seen it before in ladder (if it's not just make me know it and I'll delete this).

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Substitute
- Dark Void/Spore
- Shift Gear

This is a pretty good win condition with really phew counters (such as Whirlwind Registeel). The only flaw I see is missing dark void/sporing some random safety goggles mon. Dragon Ascent can also be PP stalled (though not very easilly) so you should be carefull with that. Aside of this it works incredibly well so you should try it. Here's a replay http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-220811130

Another viable set is Oblivion Wing and Quiver Dance replacing Dragon Ascent and Shift Gear (and obviously changing the EV spread), getting more recovery than leftovers provide and making more difficult pp stalling, although it hits weaker and Shift Gear lets you outspeed every single thing in the metagame, even if it's scarf, so you can run the set you like the most or the set that fits better in your team.

Last edited:
So I had a lot of fun with this Primal Kyogre set for a while.

Kyogre-Primal @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: null Atk
- King's Shield
- Volt Switch
- Steam Eruption
- Moonblast

It's designed to be an anti-lead, and it does its job magnificently. KS and Magic Bounce is one of my favorite combinations, and together they allow you to generate a huge amount of momentum on turn 1. It stops -ates and pretty much ever hazard setter cold - the only things that get through this are Mold Breaker and uncommon Trick or Psycho Shift shenanigans. Volt Switch is fantastic for generating momentum once your opponent realizes they can't set hazards on you and tries to switch, Steam Eruption just does insane amounts of damage off of Kyogre's massive SpA, and Moonblast can put a serious dent in things like Giratina. The speed EVs are partly from me being dumb and not realizing how important outslowing other Pokemon is for Volt Switch, but I kept it because on my teams outspeeding uninvested PDon can actually be pretty important.

I've surprised quite a number of people with this set. Unfortunately I don't save many replays, but here's two that I do have:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-210505992 <- this was from when I was testing an earlier version of magic bounce + ks, on palkia rather than Kyogre - Kyogre outclasses Palkia in every possible way except that Palkia can actually reliably 2HKO Giratina.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-214253006 <- this is me making a terrible, terribly misplay on turn 34, and being too afraid to volt switch anything after an espeed crit... Kyogre does do its job here, though.

More recently I've been trying out

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Mild Nature
- King's Shield
- Knock Off
- Oblivion Wing
- Volt Switch

which seeks to be even more annoying than Kyogre by spamming Knock Off after bouncing something straight back in the user's face. STAB Oblivion Wing is also an advantage over Kyogre because Kyogre has no recovery if lefties get removed somehow, but this set lacks Kyogre's raw power.

I don't know if KS + Magic Bounce is a common thing or not - I know that I, at least, haven't seen anyone else using it. Maybe I just spend too much time dicking around on low ladder.

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, I was digging through my old teams and found a my old diancie counter, it was part of my diancie-m, Ray-M and megagross core... Which was designed to counter each other in a fire water grass sort of way.
Anyways onto the set.

Metagross-Mega @ Leftovers/Life orb
Ability: Unaware
Adamant Nature
- Shift gear
- Bullet punch
- Heart Swap
- Waterfall/ Crabhammer / Knock off

Waterfall was literally so I can hit without missing most of the time, Crabhammer was to at least try murdering Pdon w/o water absorb/desolate land and koff was to reliably hit itself and giratina... Then I added the core

I'm reasonably sure this isn't rated properly, since I haven't seen it on the BH ladder at all. As far as I know, I'm the only who has used it on the ladder. So I'm posting it here. Enjoy!

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Spore/Dark Void
- Whirlwind
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot/Spiky Shield/Recovery

PH Regigigas is a beast. Most of the time, however, it uses an offensively oriented set involving STAB Facade. However, I tried out a more defensive set on the CH ladder when it was OMotM, and it wrecked shit easily in conjunction with a BH beast, Mold Breaker Mega Gengar. So, I then went into a frenzy to use this playstyle as much as possible in every metagame I could, which lead to some epic failures such as PH Hariyama in AAA. However, the BH Regigigas is definetely its best showing outside of CH, being its most familiar environment. The set, to be blunt, is pretty easy to understand: Spore is Spore, and won't put me to sleep due to PH. Of course, Dark Void can be used if its accuracy is acceptable in exchange for its ability to bypass Goggles. However, with Knock Off (and not NOC Off....) removing Safety Goggles, Spore is the preferred choice. Whirlwind is the shuffling move, although Roar and Dragon Tail can be used. This was used back in the era where Chatter was the crazy shit to deal with, while Dragon Tail can't shuffle Fairies, so I just used Whirlwind myself. Knock Off is used because there really is no reason why a team should lack it, not to mention how Regigigas is a PERFECT user of it (although he lacks the proper type...), given his power and the ability to shuffle the foe.

The final slot is truly optional, to be honestly; Its just filler. Parting Shot would be my choice, as it is always nice to put sweepers in a bad spot (switch and allow a free turn of setup; stay in and do little damage). Spiky Shield is another choice, as it allows Regigigas to revenge a kill. The problem with this, however, is that Regigigas is all about spreading status and removing items early on, so he should be brought in with momentum. The scouting is always nice, though. Finally, Recover, Roost, Heal Order, Milk Drink, Soft Boiled, and Slack Off are all viable forms of recovery. Those moves are probably better than any other option, but I generally prefer momentum. Other possible changes include the EVs: Regigigas doesn't really need all the Attack investment. I just went with what the teambuilder said it needed. :/

In terms of good partners, Regigigas enjoys setting up for a later sweeper. Good sweepers should arleady be known to you, but just in case you don't know any of the BH sweepers Get out of BH, the most prevalent include PH Kyogre-Primal, Mold Breaker Gengar-Mega, and Contrary Mewtwo-Mega-X (use a chansey bait-killer with the latter though). In addition to a win-con (which you should've had anyway), bulky Ghost resists are another good idea, as they can provide an easy switch-in if a Fighting type move appears (who uses fighting types with strong Fairy/Flying priority all over the place though?), so Giratina-A is a nice addition. A mandatory addition is a slow, bulky pivot; if you can't get Regigigas poisoned, he is a dead weight. U-turn, Volt Switch, Baton Pass, or Parting Shot on a bulky Pokemon is not optional.

No recorded battles at the moment. Will post it when I have good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)