Creative and Underrated Sets Balanced Hackmons Edition (NO SHITTY GIMMICKS, POSTS WILL BE DELETED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reasonably sure this isn't rated properly, since I haven't seen it on the BH ladder at all. As far as I know, I'm the only who has used it on the ladder. So I'm posting it here. Enjoy!

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Spore/Dark Void
- Whirlwind
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot/Spiky Shield/Recovery

PH Regigigas is a beast. Most of the time, however, it uses an offensively oriented set involving STAB Facade. However, I tried out a more defensive set on the CH ladder when it was OMotM, and it wrecked shit easily in conjunction with a BH beast, Mold Breaker Mega Gengar. So, I then went into a frenzy to use this playstyle as much as possible in every metagame I could, which lead to some epic failures such as PH Hariyama in AAA. However, the BH Regigigas is definetely its best showing outside of CH, being its most familiar environment. The set, to be blunt, is pretty easy to understand: Spore is Spore, and won't put me to sleep due to PH. Of course, Dark Void can be used if its accuracy is acceptable in exchange for its ability to bypass Goggles. However, with Knock Off (and not NOC Off....) removing Safety Goggles, Spore is the preferred choice. Whirlwind is the shuffling move, although Roar and Dragon Tail can be used. This was used back in the era where Chatter was the crazy shit to deal with, while Dragon Tail can't shuffle Fairies, so I just used Whirlwind myself. Knock Off is used because there really is no reason why a team should lack it, not to mention how Regigigas is a PERFECT user of it (although he lacks the proper type...), given his power and the ability to shuffle the foe.

The final slot is truly optional, to be honestly; Its just filler. Parting Shot would be my choice, as it is always nice to put sweepers in a bad spot (switch and allow a free turn of setup; stay in and do little damage). Spiky Shield is another choice, as it allows Regigigas to revenge a kill. The problem with this, however, is that Regigigas is all about spreading status and removing items early on, so he should be brought in with momentum. The scouting is always nice, though. Finally, Recover, Roost, Heal Order, Milk Drink, Soft Boiled, and Slack Off are all viable forms of recovery. Those moves are probably better than any other option, but I generally prefer momentum. Other possible changes include the EVs: Regigigas doesn't really need all the Attack investment. I just went with what the teambuilder said it needed. :/

In terms of good partners, Regigigas enjoys setting up for a later sweeper. Good sweepers should arleady be known to you, but just in case you don't know any of the BH sweepers Get out of BH, the most prevalent include PH Kyogre-Primal, Mold Breaker Gengar-Mega, and Contrary Mewtwo-Mega-X (use a chansey bait-killer with the latter though). In addition to a win-con (which you should've had anyway), bulky Ghost resists are another good idea, as they can provide an easy switch-in if a Fighting type move appears (who uses fighting types with strong Fairy/Flying priority all over the place though?), so Giratina-A is a nice addition. A mandatory addition is a slow, bulky pivot; if you can't get Regigigas poisoned, he is a dead weight. U-turn, Volt Switch, Baton Pass, or Parting Shot on a bulky Pokemon is not optional.

No recorded battles at the moment. Will post it when I have good one.
Just out of curiosity, why would you run max attack on Regigigas when its main function is to be a supportive Pokemon? It's not like Regigigas will be doing serious damage with kNOCk off thanks to lack of STAB, perhaps a more defensive spread would work better?

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Just out of curiosity, why would you run max attack on Regigigas when its main function is to be a supportive Pokemon? It's not like Regigigas will be doing serious damage with kNOCk off thanks to lack of STAB, perhaps a more defensive spread would work better?
To be fair, he did point out the EVs can be changed, but he just decided to click what the teambuilder recommended.

To be fair, he did point out the EVs can be changed, but he just decided to click what the teambuilder recommended.
Okay, I may be wrong with that. I have been stealth laddering on an alt using that set. When I built the team, I found out that it does max special defense. So, the mystery continues...

Speaking of Gigas, Here are all my battles as of right now. I know I didn't win them all, but they should give you an idea if he sees a major appearance in the battle. They'll also give sound advice as to how not to win in BH.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-226668029
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-226669649
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-226669837
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-226671958
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-226672464
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-226673267
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-226674469
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-226675140
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-226676184
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-226715447
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-226811342
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-226812812

Yes, some are silly (most really...). I'll be posting them all in the silly things thread btw. I don't care if they're not silly, their still going in it. I don't have time to simply pick them all out.

Empress

33% coffee / 33% alcohol / 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Although I don't have any replays saved, I have induced countless rage quits with this Lugia set. Guaranteed to wall nearly all attackers or your money back! If you want to be extremely cruel to your opponent, this is the set for you.

I call it: Fungia!

Lugia @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Fur Coat / Unaware / Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Block
- Recover
- Heal Pulse
- Recycle

Per the Ability Clause, these are the abilities you should be using. Fur Coat beats all physical attackers, Unaware beats setup sweepers, and Filter allows Lugia to take some super effective attacks. Either way, pick the ability that suits your Fungia best, and it'll infuriate your opponent with no effort.

EDIT: Redacting for being a shitty gimmick.

Last edited:
Although I don't have any replays saved, I have induced countless rage quits with this Lugia set. Guaranteed to wall nearly all attackers or your money back! If you want to be extremely cruel to your opponent, this is the set for you.

Lugia @ Leppa Berry
Calm Nature
- Block
- Recover
- Heal Pulse
- Recycle

Per the Ability Clause, these are the abilities you should be using. Fur Coat beats all physical attackers, Unaware beats setup sweepers, and Filter allows Lugia to take some super effective attacks. Either way, pick the ability that suits your Fungia best, and it'll infuriate your opponent with no effort.
Sorry, I really don't think this belongs here. People shouldn't be encouraged to use something that you can be disciplined for using on the ladder (per the BH thread).

It's also not creative or underrated at all.

(By the way, Spider Web > Block, as it has more PP.)

It's not underated mostly because it's kinda bad. most defensive mons have a switching move and they will send their strong attackers
and guess what, this thing isn't unbreakable.
252+ SpA Life Orb Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lugia: 286-339 (68.7 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lugia: 201-237 (48.3 - 56.9%) -- 89.5% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Primal Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Fur Coat Lugia in Harsh Sunshine: 370-436 (88.9 - 104.8%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Primal Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Fur Coat Lugia: 329-388 (79 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Primal Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Fur Coat Lugia in Harsh Sunshine: 225-265 (54 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Spooky Plate Mega Gengar Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lugia: 254-300 (61 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lugia: 183-216 (43.9 - 51.9%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO guaranteed 2hko with leech seed
252 Atk Life Orb Protean Mega Mewtwo X Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Fur Coat Lugia: 294-347 (70.6 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Mega Diancie Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lugia: 220-259 (52.8 - 62.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior

Lugia @ Leppa Berry
Calm Nature
- Block
- Recover
- Heal Pulse
- Recycle

EDIT: Redacting for being a shitty gimmick.
lmao even though UC and mother-whatever has told you already, to explain it better, its not a shitty gimmick, its a set that has currently been in debate for months(actually its been a year now iirc). and anyone caught using it can be punished by forced loss in tours, AND on ladder. It IS banned, its in the OP and everything, there's just no way of possibly banning it without losing a viable strat(which is never used anymore, this was for last gen mainly), or having to ban like...20 different versions of this set people have found and created.

but yeah. if you wonder why the entire BH community is about to shit on your set and you in general, you at least have some idea now lmao. we don't take funbro lightly in this tier, as we still have to tolerate people who think its legal/just want to be a huge asshole until verb finds out what to do with it. nothing personal.

To keep this thread alive, I'll throw in a Groudon-Primal set I've been using to decent success:

Groudon-Primal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Klutz
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Trick
- Thousand Arrows
- V-create / Sacred Fire
- Filler

Basically, this set permanently cripples Giratina switch-ins. It plays similarly to a Trick+CB/CS set, but it sacrifices the immediate boons of a better initial item and an ability slot for the ability to completely shut down most Giratinas instead of simply impeding them with choice locks. In addition, if you manage to hit a PHer on its switch in, you can stop it from poisoning itself (and subsequently setting up) AND safely take the Toxic Orb out of play thanks to Klutz.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
To keep this thread alive, I'll throw in a Groudon-Primal set I've been using to decent success:

Groudon-Primal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Klutz
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Trick
- Thousand Arrows
- V-create / Sacred Fire
- Filler

Basically, this set permanently cripples Giratina switch-ins. It plays similarly to a Trick+CB/CS set, but it sacrifices the immediate boons of a better initial item and an ability slot for the ability to completely shut down most Giratinas instead of simply impeding them with choice locks. In addition, if you manage to hit a PHer on its switch in, you can stop it from poisoning itself (and subsequently setting up) AND safely take the Toxic Orb out of play thanks to Klutz.
i like this because i always run griseus on gira for this exact reason. but me and flint are basically the only 2 who dont fall for this, which doesn't mean its bad. i mean, tricking AV to anything is good. and not everyone runs grisorb

i like this because i always run griseus on gira for this exact reason. but me and flint are basically the only 2 who dont fall for this, which doesn't mean its bad. i mean, tricking AV to anything is good. and not everyone runs grisorb
Doesn't Giratina go to Origin if you run griseous?

Haven't seen anyone else use this, so here's something I fairly enjoy using:

Reshiram @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blue Flare/Searing Shot
- Draco Meteor/Spacial Rend
- Switcheroo
- Volt Switch

Blue flare can be replaced with searing shot if you prefer accuracy over power. Draco meteor can be replaced with spacial rend if you don't like that special attack drop.

The purpose of this set is to remove common walls (registeel/tina) or kill unsuspecting offensive mons (i.e. ray, don, mmy, mmx, gar). Unfortunately, due to being choiced it gives your opponent a free turn to set-up/use a move after you launch an attack. It also gets completely walled by flash fire registeel, but those are quite uncommon. I'll post some replays when I get some.

MAMP

MAMP!
Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Spore
- Destiny Bond / Encore / Parting Shot / whatever u want, this is a filler slot

This is a neat set I've been running lately, and it puts in a ton of work. Low Kick and Knock Off are excellent; MM2X Low Kick at least 2hko's most of the tier, and the things it doesn't beat take a lot from Knock Off. The crux of the set is Prankster Spore, which not only lets it cripple Imposter (they can't Spore you in return bc you have goggles), but also annoys a lot of MM2X's switchins in conjunction with Knock Off to remove their goggles. As well, it allows MM2X to serve as a solid check to a lot of dangerous offensive mons, like Mega Gengar and most Primal Groudon sets. The last moveslot really depends on your teams needs. I run Destiny Bond, which is very useful in a lot of situations and can surprise a lot of players, but Taunt, Encore, Topsy, Parting Shot, Substitute, Recover etc. are all solid choices. This set can be tricky to anti-imposter; I use defensive PH Giratina and make sure that I activate the orb before sending out MM2X, but a bulky Magic Bouncer could work too, as long as it doesnt mind losing its item.

EDIT: Here's a replay of Destiny Bond putting in work: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-236890455

Here's something I started using as a joke that can actually be pretty useful:

Groudon-Primal @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Blizzard / Moonblast
- Switcheroo
- Earth Power / filler

This is a lure for two main things: Mega Rayquaza, which tends to go for Boomburst straight away, does nothing and gets OHKO'd, and common Primal Groudon switch-ins like Giratina and Grass-types, which take huge damage on the switch. Even max Special Defense Giratina gets 2HKO'd:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Primal Groudon Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 280-330 (55.5 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Primal Groudon Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 280-330 (55.5 - 65.4%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal

And Gourgeist-XL and Tangrowth don't even stand a chance:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Primal Groudon Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tangrowth: 760-896 (188.1 - 221.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Primal Groudon Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gourgeist-Super: 556-656 (148.6 - 175.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The main concern, of course, is accuracy, which is why I've slashed Moonblast. Of course, Moonblast doesn't do quite as much damage, but it's a lot less risky. It still OHKOs Mega Rayquaza, but has a lower chance to KO Giratina.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Primal Groudon Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 240-284 (47.6 - 56.3%) -- 85.2% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Primal Groudon Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 240-284 (47.6 - 56.3%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal

(Moonblast also has one other advantage, OHKOing the less common Refrigerate Kyurem-White 81.3% of the time, but Magma Storm can trap them and nearly KO, so it's not too much of an advantage.)

Soundproof has some other advantages, too. You obviously can't be Perish trapped, which is a nice benefit. Perhaps more importantly, you're immune to Parting Shot, which gives you a free +0 shot on any Prankster or defensive Pokemon that tries to use it on you to pivot out. Things like Prankster Aegislash and Registeel get killed; other Pranksters can be trapped by Magma Storm and maybe KO'd.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Primal Groudon Magma Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 324-384 (89 - 105.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO (guaranteed after Magma Storm damage.)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Primal Groudon Magma Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 324-384 (100 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Switcheroo's function is kind of obvious; it can also be used to cripple switch-ins to this, especially after the opponent realizes you're not a typical Primal Groudon. The last moveslot is kind of filler; Earth Power can be useful to KO Steel-types with low HP and just in general when Magma Storm is too risky. Seed Flare and the like probably could work to defeat Water-type switch-ins as well.

This set is obviously pretty risky, given the low-accuracy moves it relies on, but it's incredibly fun to use and can pay off really well. Give it a try if you want!

edit: forgot to include this replay vs highlighter: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-237604685

Last edited:

WASSER SPOUWT (Kyogre-Primal) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Crabhammer
- Icicle Crash / V-create / w/e you want
- Spiky Shield / Coil / Shift Gear / w/e

Just wanted to share the thing I've been using to counter regular ph Ogre lately. ANOTHER PH OGRE.
Just switch on it, hit it in that weak phisical defense and call it a day.

252+ Atk Primal Kyogre Bolt Strike vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Primal Kyogre: 378-446 (110.5 - 130.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Primal Kyogre Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Primal Kyogre: 378-446 (93.5 - 110.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Primal Kyogre Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Primal Kyogre: 268-316 (66.3 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
+1 252+ Atk Primal Kyogre Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Primal Kyogre: 400-472 (99 - 116.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO If coil or shift gear

For the moves, bolt strike is the main attraction. Just put whatever else you want as long as an imposter doesn't destroy you. Running v-create allows you to ohko aegislash and gives you good chance of ohkoing registeel while being easy af to imposterproof since you can just use that giratina you have to check primadon.

Groudon-Primal @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Light of Ruin
- Toxic / Worry Seed / Stealth Rock
- Flare Blitz
- Recover

If you're looking to find yet another way to break the opposing team with Groudon, look no further. This set is designed to defeat its most common counters through Light of Ruin! Damage calculations are as follows:

252+ Atk Life Orb Primal Groudon Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 237-279 (33.6 - 39.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Primal Groudon Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 285-335 (69.5 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Primal Groudon Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Mewtwo Y: 477-563 (135.1 - 159.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Primal Groudon Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Mewtwo X: 356-421 (100.8 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Life Orb Primal Groudon Light of Ruin vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Slowbro: 224-264 (56.8 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

As you can see, this set is no slouch, and while it lacks the retarded power of Desolate Land Groudon, it's just as effective as Desolate Land Groudon at wallbreaking, perhaps more so. The EV spread lets it speed creep random threats, maximise Attack, and increase HP to check more threats. Life Orb is also fantastic, because it's the entire reason why this set is so powerful.

Strategy

First and foremost, bear in mind that this set is not Imposter-proof! Imposter Pokemon can still PP stall Groudon, but its ability to wall itself will probably give you enough time to make a strategy in order to dismantle the foe's team.

Moves:
  • Light of Ruin takes advantage of Magic Guard and nets OHKOs against Mega Rayquaza and other threats, while granting 2HKOs against Mega Slowbro and Giratina.
  • Toxic allows Groudon to defeat many walls, Shedinja lacking Recycle + Lum Berry, other Groudon-Primals (they normally wall this set), and might be bounced back onto you if it is used against a bouncer, effectively granting a status immunity; however, if Toxic is used against an Imposter, and your team relies on an Imposter-proof Poison Heal Pokemon, poisoning the Imposter is a very, VERY terrible thing.
  • Worry Seed allows Groudon to remove Fur Coat from the likes of Chansey, pressure Shedinja, and has a lot of creative use in general, but leaves it more vulnerable to Imposter Pokemon.
  • As Groudon scares away Magic Bounce Pokemon, Stealth Rock is excellent, and can pressure opponents relying on Shedinja. However, a Defog or Magic Bounce Pokemon that somehow walls this set is needed in order to deal with Stealth Rock from Imposter Pokemon.
  • Flare Blitz is a STAB move that takes advantage of Magic Guard. It boasts tremendous power!
  • Recover allows Groudon to check Imposter Pokemon and stay in the game for a long while.
  • Don't let Groudon lose his Life Orb, he likes it more than Red Orb!
Usage:
  • Scout a lot before using this guy, as it's slow and needs to know what it's up against.
  • If you don't know what to do, use Flare Blitz.... it can 2HKO even Pokemon that resist it.
  • Don't poison Imposter Pokemon if you're using an Imposter-proof Poison Heal Pokemon!
  • Switch in against random Curse Pokemon, Toxic Pokemon and whatnot to fully take advantage of Magic Guard.
So yeah, I know it's weird for me to post an offensive set, but I was surprised that this wasn't posted, so I just had to post it! Hope you guys like him.

Last edited:
Here's a megacross set:

Hercules (Heracross-Mega) @ Choice Band
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- V-create

Nice attack stat and contrary stab cc? I'm in!

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Here's a megacross set:

Hercules (Heracross-Mega) @ Choice Band
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- V-create

Nice attack stat and contrary stab cc? I'm in!
Attack Order>X-Scissor and Precipice Blades>EQ imo. I kinda think MegaCross is a bad idea in BH right now though, as it is weak to Pixilate and Aerilate, and Mega Diancie and Mega Rayquaza are everywhere. It also loses to PrimalDon, Lati@s, the Mega Mewtwos, and Giratina :/

Attack Order>X-Scissor and Precipice Blades>EQ imo. I kinda think MegaCross is a bad idea in BH right now though, as it is weak to Pixilate and Aerilate, and Mega Diancie and Mega Rayquaza are everywhere. It also loses to PrimalDon, Lati@s, the Mega Mewtwos, and Giratina :/
Not to mention it's strictly outclassed by MMX.

Megacross is pretty much exclusive to Trick Room teams, where it's actually quite a threat since it's so slow and still hits like a truck. Of course, -ates are still a problem but... -ates jack with every speed control strategy in BH anyway.

If you're curious, this the set and replay I brought to an official BH tournament and won my match with. Mind, this was early-mid X/Y, so tweaking is needed.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-113733510

Heracross-Mega @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Hammer Arm
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Trick Room

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Here is a TTar set I came up with that has been doing work for me.

Tyranitar-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Evs: 48HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Shift Gear
-Knock Off
-Spore
-Diamond Storm

When I came up with this I wanted something to be able to beat Imposter Chansey with smart play. As long as the opposing Chansey doesn't knock off my safety goggles first turn in, then it's smooth sailing. Rock/Dark has good coverage, actually, only being doubly resisted by fighting types. Since his two main Stabs are only slightly above average BP moves, I figured adaptability to give him more wall breaking power.

Here is a TTar set I came up with that has been doing work for me.

Tyranitar-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Evs: 48HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Shift Gear
-Knock Off
-Spore
-Diamond Storm

When I came up with this I wanted something to be able to beat Imposter Chansey with smart play. As long as the opposing Chansey doesn't knock off my safety goggles first turn in, then it's smooth sailing. Rock/Dark has good coverage, actually, only being doubly resisted by fighting types. Since his two main Stabs are only slightly above average BP moves, I figured adaptability to give him more wall breaking power.
What's the EV spread supposed to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)