Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Metal Burst
- Destiny Bond
- Roar
- Magma Storm

I've been having tons of fun with this moveset. Your first move is always Metal Burst. It kills less bulky sweepers and you usually end up in 1 HP. After that, fire off a Prankster boosted Destiny Bond to finish off the Pokemon, or their next Pokemon if Metal Burst killed. Set-up sweepers tend to PP stall Destiny Bond, so Roar will force a switch. Magma Storm is for Sturdinja. This set fits with most Pokemon, but Foongus works best because of immunity to Toxic and Spore.

Edit: It's good to have a tank w/ Magic Bounce on the team for safe switch-outs.

Edit #2: Metal Burst can kill Mega Dianice, Mega Mewtwo X/Y, Mega Rayquaza, Mega Gengar. Then you use Prankster DBond, unless you're facing an eSpeeder.

Edit #3: This is a perfect example of how it works: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-430540465

Last edited:
Consider using Play Rough over Outrage. The latter is stronger, sure, but your set 2HKOs max physical invested Giratina with Play Rough anyway (barring Fur Coat) and you don't have Outrage's drawbacks. I mean, it doesn't matter how hard you click King's Shield if Diancie switches in for free and you're still locked into Outrage. Fairy also has a bit better coverage than Dragon does.
I did that. Knock Off is just highly spammable for removing items and if you don't know what's going to switch in.

I did that. Knock Off is just highly spammable for removing items and if you don't know what's going to switch in.
Actually, you can make very good predictions of what your opponent is going to do or switch to. Like, for example, if I were to see your set use Outrage, I'd swap in a Steel, Fairy, Fur Coat, Sturdinja, or anyone bulky enough to take the hit. And then I'd use the potential free turn plus your confusion turns/manual switch to punish you and swing the match's momentum in my favor and gain control of the battle. Or potentially even set-up a win condition! Even if you get a KO, I can then use those turns to also have the option to send in a King's Shield user to punish you or any revenge killer for a free KO. And likely, any competent opponent you meet will make the same judgement call.

So yeah, use Outrage if you want, but just keep in mind its a very risky move that can potentially give your opponent that one free turn they need to ensure your defeat. I've seen it happen often enough with moves that lock a Pokemon's turns.

Hidden because of length, nothing interesting anyway.
So yeah this post is actually directed to Uselesscrab . Frankly I think this thread is a great resource and I often come back to it when I'm building, but it's really annoying having to scroll through 7 pages to find where a set has been posted and the reasoning behind the moves / EV spread. I already suggested in my last post but it seems to have gone noticed.

Basically I think it would be useful and incredibly easier to have links to the different posts where a set has been posted in the main post instead of just having a hide tag with a bunch of sets tossed in it (who don't even have the same layout because Rumors is weird). This will help not only to see the poster's reasoning, but also the comments from other people on that set in cases where it wasn't exactly optimal. + that way you can see who posted it, huehue.

I shouldn't really take long to edit the first post, all that needs to be done is find the post in the thread to get the post number, but hey, I've already done all of that so here are all the numbers:

Quick feet MegaRay: 6491165
Sheer force Xern: 6491165
Regen mmx: 6491165
Offensive PH Ybird: 6491165
Judgement PixiDiancie: 6491571
Sheer force Sceptile: 6491798
RegenVest Zekrom: 6491798
Trapping Mega Venusaur: 6491931
Speed boost Giratina: 6493426
Regen Xerneas: 6694863
Variant of Protean MMY: 6694999
Soundproof Setup Arceus: 6703572
That fun Fabio set: 6726749
Soundproof Giratina: 6729102
Arceus Rock: 6729599
Scarf Contrary Ray: 6754515
Fur Coat Latias: 6771639
Sniper MMY: 6777774
Choice Band Diancie: 6787169
Adapt ScarfChomp (legit best set in this thread): 6792781
Shell Smash Growth PrimaDon: 6819670
Technician MMX: 6823993
Poison Heal Xerneas: 6826170
Adapt Sceptile: 6848556
Another RegenVest Zekrom: 6892117
Sheer Force Gengar: 6922237
Speed Boost Reshiram: 6928427
Final Gambit Slaking: 6928427
Sand Stream Diancie: 6949357
Iron Plate Contrary Mega-Diancie: 6961767

I don't know how you want to present it, but would love the link to be somewhere, so that'd be cool if you could do it :]

Hidden because of length, nothing interesting anyway.
So yeah this post is actually directed to Uselesscrab . Frankly I think this thread is a great resource and I often come back to it when I'm building, but it's really annoying having to scroll through 7 pages to find where a set has been posted and the reasoning behind the moves / EV spread. I already suggested in my last post but it seems to have gone noticed.

Basically I think it would be useful and incredibly easier to have links to the different posts where a set has been posted in the main post instead of just having a hide tag with a bunch of sets tossed in it (who don't even have the same layout because Rumors is weird). This will help not only to see the poster's reasoning, but also the comments from other people on that set in cases where it wasn't exactly optimal. + that way you can see who posted it, huehue.

I shouldn't really take long to edit the first post, all that needs to be done is find the post in the thread to get the post number, but hey, I've already done all of that so here are all the numbers:

Quick feet MegaRay: 6491165
Sheer force Xern: 6491165
Regen mmx: 6491165
Offensive PH Ybird: 6491165
Judgement PixiDiancie: 6491571
Sheer force Sceptile: 6491798
RegenVest Zekrom: 6491798
Trapping Mega Venusaur: 6491931
Speed boost Giratina: 6493426
Regen Xerneas: 6694863
Variant of Protean MMY: 6694999
Soundproof Setup Arceus: 6703572
That fun Fabio set: 6726749
Soundproof Giratina: 6729102
Arceus Rock: 6729599
Scarf Contrary Ray: 6754515
Fur Coat Latias: 6771639
Sniper MMY: 6777774
Choice Band Diancie: 6787169
Adapt ScarfChomp (legit best set in this thread): 6792781
Shell Smash Growth PrimaDon: 6819670
Technician MMX: 6823993
Poison Heal Xerneas: 6826170
Adapt Sceptile: 6848556
Another RegenVest Zekrom: 6892117
Sheer Force Gengar: 6922237
Speed Boost Reshiram: 6928427
Final Gambit Slaking: 6928427
Sand Stream Diancie: 6949357
Iron Plate Contrary Mega-Diancie: 6961767

I don't know how you want to present it, but would love the link to be somewhere, so that'd be cool if you could do it :]
Thanks for doing all this work. I added your archive into the as-of-yet-unused second post. It also makes me very happy to hear that people are actually using this thread while teambuilding :)

(who don't even have the same layout because Rumors is weird).

That's because my sets were written at different times. Some typed out manually, which resulted in differences, and some copied from team builder. I probably should have corrected it when I copy-pasta dumped them into this topic from others/the previous one. But... no real big deal since the info is the important part rather than the format.

I wanted to share two cores that I've been using to pretty good success. I think the sets themselves are a little off meta, so that's why I'm posting here.

Prankster M-Ray

o baby (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Tail Glow
- Boomburst
- Earth Power​

and his impostor bud

desolate land (Giratina) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock​

Prankster Rayquaza is pretty amazing. You just spore everything and go to town with boomburst. +3 kills max hp invest Arceus. Usually you don't see boomburst on TG Ray because it's a PITA to imposterproof. Giratina's typing along with levitate make for easy switch-ins to a Chansey that's copied your boosts. Then just pivot out after they inevitably try to spore you.

These two are pretty Diancie weak, which brings us to the other core that I've been using in tandem.

Defensive Mega-Metagross

Megagross (Metagross-Mega) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Reflect Type / Conversion 2
- Icicle Spear
- Circle Throw​

Defensive Zekrom

thunder chicken (Zekrom) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Volt Switch
- Bullet Punch / Defog- Roost
- Dragon Tail
Poison Heal metagross just totally walls a whole bunch of pokemon. Once it gets its poison activated, which is pretty easy, it can be used to check Kyub and Diancie, provided they aren't weird special sweepers. Zekrom can be plopped in front of most steels and acts as a hard check to most physical M-Ray sets. It can both pivot and phase, which can create tons of holes for M-Ray to set up, since this will scare out steels most of the time. Bullet punch is a bit niche, but it can be use to lure out a Diancie boomburst after they have seen rocky helmet damage.

A impostor blob and a bulky pivot is usually what I round out the team with, but I thought these sets might be interesting to some.

Replays in a bit...

Hot dog pizza, Prankster Ray is good and all, but doesn't Aegislash strictly outclass Giratina as a Levitate user because it actually has use for Levitate outside of imposterproofing?
Anyway what exactly does Zekrom wall? Steels? I can't really think of any relevant offensive steel type in BH so I don't really understand a need to wall them, it's not scaring out any Registeel or Aegislash and both of them Pivot after Zekrom does. About walling mega ray, I don't often see purely physical Ray, yet alone a purely physical megaray that doesn't run Ground coverage. The rare phisical Gale wing can easily 2HKO Zekrom on precipice blades while any aerilate set just beats it with boomburst since even with no investmant it 2hkos (4 SpA Sky Plate Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zekrom: 197-232 (48.7 - 57.4%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO).

MAMP

MAMP!
b4 i dipped i came up with a bunch of rad sets for ompl that i never ended up using/sharing, figured i might as well drop them here for y'all's perusal.

no replays for any of these bc i tested them under unregistered keysmashes and didnt save any replays

big [CENSORED] (Regigigas) @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Explosion
- Close Combat
- Taunt

here's one that actually saw the light of day -- i came up with this regigigas set to act as a giratina lure to pair with shift gear pdon. lo explosion donks giratina, generally either outright ko'ing it, or at least getting it low enough to where it cant hold back pdon anymore, paving the way for a sweep.

252+ Atk Life Orb Regigigas Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 430-508 (85.3 - 100.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

it does plenty besides exploding all over giratina too. lo scrappy espeed is a neat rking tool, and can surprise mgar, and cc lets it hit steels (including aegi) and ttar. taunt was filler, you can put whatever in that slot. taunt is cool bc it means that if tina cant recover on the turn you explode on it, but you could run coverage or something here, idk. a set up move could be cool but youre gonna have to rely on something like shed to anti-imposter. speaking of, fc tina is what i used to anti-imposter this, im not sure much else can

the ruse cruise (Garchomp-Mega) @ Choice Band
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Claw
- Precipice Blades
- U-turn

janky chomp set to lure out steels and stuff for shell smash pixi diancie, pretty straightforward. you can replace something for trick if youre a lame baby

the gay agenda (Diancie-Mega) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpA / 204 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Techno Blast
- King's Shield
- Shell Smash

the aforementioned shell smash diancie set. once you lure in steels this is nearly impossible to stop after a shell smash, and with focus sash and the number of switches this can force gives you ample opportunity to get boosts. sometimes this can beat imposter if its weakened and your sash is intact which is p neat, you still need to run an unaware fairy resist to beat imposter otherwise. king's shield is literally just to dodge fake out, it can be replaced with infestation or whatever if thats your thing

Xerneas @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 36 SpA / 36 SpD / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Roost
- whatever
- whatever

xerns great defensive typing makes it a really good fur coat wall, takes on basically whatever physical attacker you can throw at it (except pdon, fuck that guy). xerneas also has non-negligible offensive presence which helps to differentiate it from maudino and makes it not garbage dead weight set-up fodder against like half the metagame (dont put maudino on offense teams please its garb). please dont ask me what the evs are for i dont remember coming up with them, i think the speed was to outspeed protean mm2x after a v-create drop? definitely worth tweaking with, could prob do with more sdef investment to take ray boombursts better

Dialga @ Adamant Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Doom Desire
- Volt Switch
- Tail Glow
- King's Shield

experimented a bit with sets like this -- a typical dialga set except with a pivoting move that allows it to give free switches to a teammate with a doom desire in the air, aiding that pokemons wallbreaking and letting it apply far greater pressure to the opposing team. i tried out eject button, which frees up a moveslot, but ultimately that was just way too inconsistent. i found that the ideal partner for this set was tinted lens mlatios, as both of its best counters (maudino and ttar) are thoroughly rinsed by doom desire. having a doom desire up also makes it far easier for it to get past steels, and it likes free switches anyway so its a win-win tbh. you need to use a ground-type with sub and mag pull to anti-imposter this, but thankfully ground-type magnet pullers are pretty good anyway so thats not a huge deal

violent (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch

came up with this bc i needed a ttar lure that could also check mgar. this set is deceptively difficult to wall; dascent solidly 2hkos maudino, cc takes out ttar and steels, and knock off bops p much everything else

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Yveltal Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Audino: 231-273 (56.3 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Yveltal Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 205-242 (56.3 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Yveltal Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Tyranitar: 530-629 (131.1 - 155.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

adapt spunch is really rad too, tho pursuit is a pretty cool option for trapping dudes like aegi and mgar. what this offers over other wallbreakers is defensive utility and the surprise factor -- offensive yveltal is pretty uncommon, and its pretty easy to catch an audino or ttar unawares with a big lo boosted dascent or cc

s/o to anyone who can work out what the theme for this team's nicknames was from just this one (hint: team was called 'shards')

Battering Ram (Reshiram) @ Draco Plate
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Judgment
- Spore
- Shell Smash

aka the stallfucker6000. almost unwallable even without boosts (srsly blue flare hits like a freight train), sets up ez pz with spore, easy wins as long as -ate isnt around. anti-imposter with giratina or whatever rock type, or win the speed tie and spore them if youre feeling like a big dude. this can 6-0 some fat balance builds from team preview, its really phenomenal against fat stuff in general. if youre a weakass lilylivered pansy you may be tempted to replace shell smash for quiver dance but thats lame shit and i would not recommend

urs truly,
#MAMPTHECHAMP

Last edited:

Dialga @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Tail Glow
- Imprison
- Leech Seed / U-turn / Baton pass / Volt / Kings shield

Example replay
: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-466302703

This set imposter proofs itself through the combination of Magnet pull + imprison, and causes a ton of problems for teams reliant on steel types to wall -ate abusers (most teams). Last move can be used to either deal with Shedinja & force switches (Leech seed) or to gain momentum if you're in an unfavorable matchup after a tail glow + DD. A momentum move has the added benefit of denying a steel type the ability to switch out (with a bit of luck), allowing you to stall out roost PP and or dmg them heavily with repeated DD.

Just something to revive this thread because it's a bit dead.

Dialga @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Tail Glow
- Imprison
- Leech Seed / U-turn / Baton pass / Volt / Kings shield
Example replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-466302703

This set imposter proofs itself through the combination of Magnet pull + imprison, and causes a ton of problems for teams reliant on steel types to wall -ate abusers (most teams). Last move can be used to either deal with Shedinja & force switches (Leech seed) or to gain momentum if you're in an unfavorable matchup after a tail glow + DD. A momentum move has the added benefit of denying a steel type the ability to switch out (with a bit of luck), allowing you to stall out roost PP and or dmg them heavily with repeated DD.

Just something to revive this thread because it's a bit dead.
This is interesting, but I question its effectiveness. Your opponent's decision to blindly switch Chansey into Dialga was, frankly, pretty foolish given what the vast majority of Dialga sets do, not to mention that if he had gotten a free, neutral switch, (say, from a slow U-turn), you would have had to risk a speed tie and then potentially been forced to kill yourself with Struggle, leaving no real counter for Dialga on your team. A Shed Shell might be worthwhile, I guess.

I understand that it saves a teamslot, but I'm having a hard time understanding what other advantages this might have over the typical Dialga combo.

I don't see too many people posting No Guard Pokes. Seems like that would be a pretty neat tool to use.

I have been tinkering around with a No Guard Manectric, though I think I have seen No Guard Deoxys as well. Any thoughts as to who the best No Guard Poke is?

Also, yay first post!

Problem with No Guard is its predictable. If you're using it, you're running Zap Cannon, Inferno, and/or Dynamic Punch, no exceptions. If you're not running them, then you're better with Compound Eyes in most cases if you're using an ability to negate low accuracy.

Last time I really messed with No Guard was last gen when I made a sweeper No Guard/Compound Eyes Leafeon set, although it'd be outclassed to heck these days. Probably useful for eeveelution-only gimmick teams though.

Problem with No Guard is its predictable. If you're using it, you're running Zap Cannon, Inferno, and/or Dynamic Punch, no exceptions. If you're not running them, then you're better with Compound Eyes in most cases if you're using an ability to negate low accuracy.

Last time I really messed with No Guard was last gen when I made a sweeper No Guard/Compound Eyes Leafeon set, although it'd be outclassed to heck these days. Probably useful for eeveelution-only gimmick teams though.
True even if it is predictable, but when you can get a 100% guaranteed zap cannon or Blizzard, that challenges a large part of the hackmon meta no? Zap cannon/dynamic punch creates a pretty great hax combo. Just curious to see who all has put together a recent team and if they have had success with it.

Thanks.

It does less or no damage, but Nuzzle and Glare paralyze things pretty handily and have much more PP. You can also do Serene Grace Discharge, Dragon Breath, or Body Slam and pair it with something like Air Slash if you're going for hax. No Guard is great for hax too and all, but it's just everyone knows what to expect as soon as they see it and its easy to PP stall. Also, if you're looking for another abuser, a lot of people used to use Zekrom for No Guard. Was never entirely sure why since its a physical attacker and Zap Cannon is special, but could be worth looking into.

As for Blizzard... Compound Eyes fixes it handily without the drawback of enemies having perfect accuracy on you. Or using a Hail team... (Which I don't think I'm going to get around to finishing for Gen VI. Ah well.)

Plus No Guard loses to Poison Heal Giratina, which is a biggie I forgot to mention, unless you can nail it before the orb triggers somehow.

If you're just looking for haxy stuff though, here's an old, for fun team I made focused on the hax, affectionately named "Smogon Hell". It'll need some adjustment, especially since it was pre-510 X/Y meta, but feel free to mess with it or what-have-you.

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Careful Nature
- Swagger
- Nuzzle
- Substitute
- Foul Play

Kyurem-Black @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Bone Rush
- Icicle Spear
- Magic Coat
- Shift Gear

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Quiver Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Air Slash

Scizor-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Careful Nature
- Nuzzle
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sacred Fire

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Bold Nature
- Heart Swap
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Wish

Dialga @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Defog
- Thunder Wave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)