Resource Creative and Underrated Sets

The below set is an update to my pre-USUM set, posted above, called Royal Troll, which featured Queenly Majesty and Spectral Thief, which have since been replaced by Psychic Terrain and Photon Geyser.

Updated Pros- The importance of these 2 changes is 6 fold:
1. Psychic Terrain benefits your entire team, especially if they abuse Psychic Seed.
2. Photon Geyser gets a nice boost from Psychic Terrain which provides stronger coverage against Mega-Gengar, Marshadow, etc. (at the cost of hurting Aegislash, and Giratina for less)
3. Photon Geyser solves the problem of Rocky Helmet, Rough Skin, Iron Barbs, Spiky Shield, King’s Shield, Baneful Bunker
4. Photon Geyser allows Lopunny to sweep even after Burned/King’s Shielded/Strength Sapped due to its ability to hit from the Special Side, which means that thanks to Shell Smash boosting its SpA, it can continue to sweep, especially if it has more than 1 Shell Smash under its belt. (Say it comes in on a Choice Tricked user with a priority or Ghost move, Shell Smashes in the switch, and Shell Smashes again when it takes the foe uses a Burn move).
5. Photon Geyser bypasses Unaware, Sturdy, Fur Coat, etc. (This allows the fact it is 150 Base Power under Psychic Terrain to equal Flail and Reversal’s STAB 300 Base Power when factoring in 1x Shell Smash vs Unaware users, and removing the double Defense boosts from Fur Coat).
6. 150 Base Power without STAB is great, especially if your foe hasn’t attacked you and brought you to 1 HP.
Set Name: Territorial

Lopunny-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Psychic Terrain
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 252 SpA / 0 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 1 HP, 0 Def, 0 SpD
- Shell Smash
- Flail
- Reversal
- Photon Geyser

Explanation
Shell Smash, consume Focus Sash to handle a hit and survive at 1 HP, and proceed to sweep at 300 Base Power (including STAB) Flail, and Reversal. Photon Geyser serves as a last resort to hit Ghosts and to Hit hard before Flail and Reversal activate at full power (say the foe uses a set up move instead of attacking you).

The best part is that is just sits there comfortably safe at 1 HP, and unlike Stored Power or Power Trip, Lopunny doesn’t even have to use a set up move to reach 300 Base power (as long as it survives a hit at 1 HP, it’s already at 300 Base power). There is nothing more trolley than a Pokémon at 1 HP just surviving right in your face, move over Shedinja, there is a new 1 HP troll and her name is Lopunny-Mega.

*1 HP IV puts its HP at a number divisible by 16+1, which allows it to switch into 1 layer of Spikes 8 times, 3 layers of Spikes 4 times, and Stealth Rock 16 times and live at exactly 1 HP, for max damage on a Flail and Reversal hit at 300 Base Power*

I am for Adamant because the extra power difference when magnified by Shell Smash helps, plus Shell Smash and Psychic Terrain patch up base enemy Speed stats or priority moves going first.

Keep in mind, once Psychic Terrain wears off, you can switch out Mega-Lopunny and send it in later and just sweep with Flail and Reversal. At the very least it provides Psychic Terrain, so it could be a godsend for your teammates to reactivate the Terrain depending on your team.
Counters
Entry Hazards (although if you switch into Stealth Rocks enough times (regardless of Focus Sash) you can power up Reversal and Flail, and just use Photon Geyser to Attack when you know you will survive a soft hit like U-turn, until you can switch in at low HP to use STAB). IF Lopunny has not taken any Attack damage and only entry hazard damage, I set its HP at a number at a number divisible by 16+1 so it can switch in 8 times into 1 layer of Spikes l, or 16 times into Stealth Rocks, etc. and live at 1 HP for max STAB damage
Terrain changers with Priority, (or priority users that wait for Psychic Terrain to fade).
Giratina, Aegislash.
I see a lot of issues with this set that make it ineffective:
1) Lopunny isn't ranked in the meta
2) Psychic seed isn't really meta
3) You are running adamant, it means that both Gengar and Marshadow (terrible anyway) outspeeds you.
4) SpA attacking Lopunny has problems:
  • 54 base Spa no STAB, no matter the terrain boost or shell smash isnt great for sweeping
  • Half of your attack is greater than your total special attack, Photon Geyser doesn't change target even with a burn. Nobody uses Strength Sap since Magic Bounce exists. It won't happen that you'll use SpA. You didn't even made calcs to check that out.
5) Flail has terrible coverage.
6) It is pointless to calc some weird HP attempting to survive entry hazard. You are done the very first time you switch on them because sash is broken, and you are frail. I can't imagine switching 16 times into SR. You don't have recovery, it isn't a stall set, so it cant stick around for a long time
7) U-turn breaks your sash, and since you funnily resist it it doesn't power up Flail or Reversal, leaving you extremely vulnerable to, well, anything.
8) While you are at full health, you have 0 offensive presence. Not STAB Photon Geyser isn't offensive presence, and dark types walls you anyway.
9) Even if someone else in the team needs Psychic Terrain support, Lopunny isn't a supporter.
10) imposter scouts you and counterplays, any barely decent defensive core walls you (prankster haze for example but many other exists), you can't take chip damage at all because not only it breaks the sash, it doesn't power you up, burn beats that.

I'll stop here but the list continues.

Last edited by a moderator:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
maybe i'll stop making this bad posts when i stop choking in tournaments, who knows
I see a lot of issues with this set that make it ineffective:
1) Lopunny isn't ranked in the meta
2) Psychic seed isn't really meta
3) You are running adamant, it means that both Gengar and Marshadow (terrible anyway) outspeeds you.
4) SpA attacking Lopunny has problems:
  • 54 base Spa no STAB, no matter the terrain boost or shell smash isnt great for sweeping
  • Half of your attack is greater than your total special attack, Photon Geyser doesn't change target even with a burn. Nobody uses Strength Sap since Magic Bounce exists. It won't happen that you'll use SpA. You didn't even made calcs to check that out.
5) Flail has terrible coverage.
6) It is pointless to calc some weird HP attempting to survive entry hazard. You are done the very first time you switch on them because sash is broken, and you are frail. I can't imagine switching 16 times into SR. You don't have recovery, it isn't a stall set, so it cant stick around for a long time
7) U-turn breaks your sash, and since you funnily resist it it doesn't power up Flail or Reversal, leaving you extremely vulnerable to, well, anything.
8) While you are at full health, you have 0 offensive presence. Not STAB Photon Geyser isn't offensive presence, and dark types walls you anyway.
9) Even if someone else in the team needs Psychic Terrain support, Lopunny isn't a supporter.
10) imposter scouts you and counterplays, any barely decent defensive core walls you (prankster haze for example but many other exists), you can't take chip damage at all because not only it breaks the sash, it doesn't power you up, burn beats that. I'll stop here but the list continues.
  • so what? the title of the thread is "creative and underrated sets" so some of the mons are going to be unranked
  • fair enough but psychic seed wasn't one of the main points of the post
  • you're gonna use shell smash anyway man so it doesn't matter what you outspeed unboosted.
  • do you know how photon geyser works
  • if you're only running reversal + photon then why not just run mmx? at least lopunny gets stab
  • this is like commenting on an analysis with a life orb hp spread (having your hp not divisible by 10 so lo doesn't kill you in 10 hits) and saying "lol you're never gonna get in 10 attacks without taking damage go home kid"
  • why would you keep it in on a defensive mon? the point is to set up on some offensive guy in case you didn't notice
  • you're forgetting psychic surge. that's pretty cool because it basically gives you stab on photon geyser
  • you said it yourself, this mon won't be staying in very long. it sets up, kills a mon or two, then dies and the next mon has terrain. it's just that easy
  • the most common prankster hazer is registeel which takes about a million from 200 bp reversal. besides that though yes it does have checks. giratina for example eats +2 photon geyser

i wouldn't call this that good of a set, but it's one of the better ones that om has made tbf. sure, it won't sweep anything except offense from turn 1, but i could see it punching some holes with some good hazard control. pick a worse thing to criticize man

Last edited by a moderator:

morogrim

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
maybe i'll stop making this bad posts when i stop choking in tournaments, who knows

• so what? the title of the thread is "creative and underrated sets" so some of the mons are going to be unranked
  • fair enough but psychic seed wasn't one of the main points of the post
  • you're gonna use shell smash anyway man so it doesn't matter what you outspeed unboosted.
  • do you know how photon geyser works
  • if you're only running reversal + photon then why not just run mmx? at least lopunny gets stab
  • this is like commenting on an analysis with a life orb hp spread (having your hp not divisible by 10 so lo doesn't kill you in 10 hits) and saying "lol you're never gonna get in 10 attacks without taking damage go home kid"
  • why would you keep it in on a defensive mon? the point is to set up on some offensive guy in case you didn't notice
  • you're forgetting psychic surge. that's pretty cool because it basically gives you stab on photon geyser
  • you said it yourself, this mon won't be staying in very long. it sets up, kills a mon or two, then dies and the next mon has terrain. it's just that easy
  • the most common prankster hazer is registeel which takes about a million from 200 bp reversal. besides that though yes it does have checks. giratina for example eats +2 photon geyser

i wouldn't call this that good of a set, but it's one of the better ones that om has made tbf. sure, it won't sweep anything except offense from turn 1, but i could see it punching some holes with some good hazard control. pick a worse thing to criticize man
  • An underrated set implies that it is undervalued in terms of viability, automatically putting a mon such as Mega Lopunny at a disadvantage in competing against actually viable mons such as Mmx...some of the mons in this thread are obviously going to be in the lower VR (or maybe even unranked) but that is only bc of a very specific niche they provide when compared to their viable counterparts. In this specific case, the only niche that this mon provides is immunity to Spectral Thief and being extremely frail, making it easier to get knocked down to 1 HP and getting the full benefits of Flail+Reversal. While this does seem like a cool niche, I have to agree with Elmustacho here that the pros really don't outweigh the cons as there are way too many things that could go wrong with this set. A single U-turn on the Shell Smash into a Giratina could completely ruin everything (for example, even a Registeel's U-turn could give Griseous Orb Giratina a very good chance at KOing Mega Lopunny with Core Enforcer). Hell, even Dark or Steel type mons could come in on the Lopunny after U-turn (since Reversal would still be doing negligible damage) and put it in range of many moves after another U-turn. In addition, nothing is stopping any of these switchins from just burning Lopunny with WoW. It's actually funny when you think about it, a Flash Fire Registeel could for example come in and just WoW a +2 Mega Lopunny without fearing any consequences whatsoever, then U-turn out and bring in something that could finish this mon off. Scarf Imposter is another option that could just be brought in with a slow U-turn and finish Lopunny off with a +2 Geyser.
  • As for the Photon Geyser comment, I think you should read the OP since OP clearly claims that Mega Lopunny can "sweep" even after getting burned. First off, this shows that the OP doesn't know how Geyser works since Geyser ignores burn when deciding which stat to use (aka, if the user had a higher Atk before the burn Geyser will go off of the Atk stat even after the burn). But even if Geyser did go off of SpA after burn, 54 base SpA is still nowhere near enough to do anything, let alone sweep (pretty sure it would actually do less dmg than the halved Atk stat as Elmustacho already said).
  • In conclusion, I really don't see the merit in using a set like this on Mega Lopunny as the set does next to nothing to stall teams (thanks to U-turn breaking Sash while still keeping Lopunny at high HP so the STAB moves do little damage). At high HP, this mon can do next to nothing to even the mons that it should be able to break (such as Steel and Dark type mons, also a complete sidenote that Mega Sableye, which is seeing a huge increase in usage, completely and utterly walls this set as it is immune to all 3 attacking moves). Against offensive teams, I'd personally opt for using a mon such as Mmx instead since the chances of the foe using Spectral Thief on the Shell Smash are pretty slim...

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
  • An underrated set implies that it is undervalued in terms of viability, automatically putting a mon such as Mega Lopunny at a disadvantage in competing against actually viable mons such as Mmx...some of the mons in this thread are obviously going to be in the lower VR (or maybe even unranked) but that is only bc of a very specific niche they provide when compared to their viable counterparts. In this specific case, the only niche that this mon provides is immunity to Spectral Thief and being extremely frail, making it easier to get knocked down to 1 HP and getting the full benefits of Flail+Reversal. While this does seem like a cool niche, I have to agree with Elmustacho here that the pros really don't outweigh the cons as there are way too many things that could go wrong with this set. A single U-turn on the Shell Smash into a Giratina could completely ruin everything (for example, even a Registeel's U-turn could give Griseous Orb Giratina a very good chance at KOing Mega Lopunny with Core Enforcer). Hell, even Dark or Steel type mons could come in on the Lopunny after U-turn (since Reversal would still be doing negligible damage) and put it in range of many moves after another U-turn. In addition, nothing is stopping any of these switchins from just burning Lopunny with WoW. It's actually funny when you think about it, a Flash Fire Registeel could for example come in and just WoW a +2 Mega Lopunny without fearing any consequences whatsoever, then U-turn out and bring in something that could finish this mon off. Scarf Imposter is another option that could just be brought in with a slow U-turn and finish Lopunny off with a +2 Geyser.
  • As for the Photon Geyser comment, I think you should read the OP since OP clearly claims that Mega Lopunny can "sweep" even after getting burned. First off, this shows that the OP doesn't know how Geyser works since Geyser ignores burn when deciding which stat to use (aka, if the user had a higher Atk before the burn Geyser will go off of the Atk stat even after the burn). But even if Geyser did go off of SpA after burn, 54 base SpA is still nowhere near enough to do anything, let alone sweep (pretty sure it would actually do less dmg than the halved Atk stat as Elmustacho already said).
  • In conclusion, I really don't see the merit in using a set like this on Mega Lopunny as the set does next to nothing to stall teams (thanks to U-turn breaking Sash while still keeping Lopunny at high HP so the STAB moves do little damage). At high HP, this mon can do next to nothing to even the mons that it should be able to break (such as Steel and Dark type mons, also a complete sidenote that Mega Sableye, which is seeing a huge increase in usage, completely and utterly walls this set as it is immune to all 3 attacking moves). Against offensive teams, I'd personally opt for using a mon such as Mmx instead since the chances of the foe using Spectral Thief on the Shell Smash are pretty slim...
I admit I was wrong about Photon Geyser’s effect, if it does indeed ignore Burn, but after Shell Smash Lopunny would have been at 414 SpA. Replace Burn with King’s Shield, and my point still stands... 408 Att vs 414 SpA.

Add Psychic Terrain Boost to give it a pseudo STAB, and basically only aiming for Super Effective hits. SpA investment is not an expectation the foe would use King’s Shield, it’s just that if there’s is no reason not to Max’s SpA, I may as well do it and let it serve a last resort purpose.

Remember, Photon Geyser is really only for specific Ghosts so hitting Gengar-Mega, Marshadow, etc. harder than Spectral Thief was the ultimate goal. Spectral Thief hits Giratina harder, but you don’t use Lopunny when your foe has a wall waiting in the wings... it’s used as a cleaner. Something you absolutely send in on a heavy offense foe, and either go for the Shell Smash, or if they have already set up (like Unburden/Simple Shell Smash), take the hit and KO.

Lopunny is meant to also stop the common -ate users, as it can block Extreme Speed on Kyurem-B and KO with Reversal. Why? You send in Lopunny on the turn it would Fake-Out, Shell Smash as it Boombursts, and then continue to sweep. If they switch it out, Psychic Terrain keeps them out for the next few turns as you land hits.

Calcs: Flail, Reversal, Photon Geyser-
Rayquaza-Mega
+2 252+ Atk Lopunny-Mega Flail (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Rayquaza-Mega: 586-690 (141.5 - 166.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Lopunny-Mega Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Rayquaza-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 294-346 (71 - 83.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Diancie-Mega
+2 252+ Atk Lopunny-Mega Reversal (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Diancie-Mega: 549-646 (180.5 - 212.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Lopunny-Mega Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Diancie-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 275-324 (90.4 - 106.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
-Ates are more common than Sableye-Mega, but I see your point. Photon Geyser is also for Shedinja, another Ghost.

Lastly, I disagree about Spectral Thief used by a Foe. If a MMX had anti-priority and was sweeping my team, even at 1 HP, I would send in an Unaware counter and use Spectral thief, such as Zygarde Core. Why not gain the boosts and use it for my own attack? It’s not just for stopping them, it’s for using it myself. Normal types are an insurances agaimst that. Hence why people use Slaking and Regigas, which have STABs with low coverage.
TLDR- The original set I posted was called “Royal Troll”, so this improvement of that set is a better troll.
Many sets are niche or 1 time use (Unburden, Geomancy, Stored Power), such as anything that uses Focus Sash like Deoxys-A, etc. which might only get 1-2 hits in before it dies. (Deoxys-A is ranked B-, so it is still being used as a 1-2 moves before it dies Pokémon)

After a King’s Shield, Lopunny’s SpA is higher than Attack (Say it used Shell Smash, so it would have 414 Sp. Attack va 408 Attack). Looks like I have a point to max SpA afterall...

Lopunny isn’t meant to become S-Tier, but it does have some use. I have seen worse sets advertised here, and they were not necessarily singled out...

I also want to tread carefully on giving further replies to this Specific set - Based on the context of its prior turning points...

Last edited:
I think I have made one of the most threatening yet underused blissey sets in mix and mega

It Ain't Over Easy (Blissey) @ Scizorite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Charge Beam
- Rest
- Snore
- Icy Wind

Scizorite gives blissey some decent defense, a little special attack, a bit of speed and a great ability for its low base power moveset.

Serene grace charge beam is always welcome and if used with technician can be deadly.

Icy wind is for those pesky ground types ruining our charge beam fun and ANNIHILATES dragon types like zygarde while putting their speed in blissey's favor.

Snore + rest is the main course of this egg meal as technician and stab give it a whopping 110 base power AND a chance to flinch while rest heals hp and statuses.

Another underrated set is this bulky special sweeper

Dra-Goo-n (Goodra) (F) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 124 HP / 124 Def / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

Goodra has already great special attack and special defense, but we can make that better with the mighty slowbronite!

Boosting defense, special defense and giving an amazing defensive ability, slowbronite is the best stone for goodra!

The moveset is pretty self explanatory. Dragon pulse is for dragons, flamethrower for ice and sludge wave for fairies. Thunderbolt just for some high damage coverage.

I think I have made one of the most threatening yet underused blissey sets in mix and mega

It Ain't Over Easy (Blissey) @ Scizorite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Charge Beam
- Rest
- Snore
- Icy Wind

Scizorite gives blissey some decent defense, a little special attack, a bit of speed and a great ability for its low base power moveset.

Serene grace charge beam is always welcome and if used with technician can be deadly.

Icy wind is for those pesky ground types ruining our charge beam fun and ANNIHILATES dragon types like zygarde while putting their speed in blissey's favor.

Snore + rest is the main course of this egg meal as technician and stab give it a whopping 110 base power AND a chance to flinch while rest heals hp and statuses.

Another underrated set is this bulky special sweeper

Dra-Goo-n (Goodra) (F) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 124 HP / 124 Def / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

Goodra has already great special attack and special defense, but we can make that better with the mighty slowbronite!

Boosting defense, special defense and giving an amazing defensive ability, slowbronite is the best stone for goodra!

The moveset is pretty self explanatory. Dragon pulse is for dragons, flamethrower for ice and sludge wave for fairies. Thunderbolt just for some high damage coverage.
Those sets certainly are... creative, but they arent underrated. They are instead rated accurately as pretty much worthless.

That blissey is incredibly passive, as it effectively cant touch anything until about +4 or so, and even once its there its weaker than most attackers. This might be salvagable, but Its kinda frail, especially for a blissey; unlike sablenite, its going to get 2hkoed or ohkoed by pretty much everything relevant. It also lacks anything to discourage setup, so something like double dance pdon, ddance altarianite zygarde, etc can just go to +6 on it for free. Its also a free hazard target, a free defog target, free recover bait, etc, while not having any redeeming qualities whatsoever except as a mediocre status sponge.

As for goodra, it doesnt even have the quastionable advantage of bluffing being a good set. Its just a straight up worthless defensive tank in all but the most specific of circumstances. You’d be better of with literally anything viable in almost all circumstances.

I think that this Vanilluxe set is pretty powerful in Mix and Mega.

Cold Cream (Vanilluxe) @ Scizorite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Frost Breath
- Explosion
- Ice Shard
- Flash Cannon

The Scizorite give it Technician, which it can use to power up Frost Breath, while being STAB and always a critical hit. Ice Shard is also boosted, along with the Scizorite giving it a boost in Attack. Explosion is for heavy damage, and Flash Cannon for coverage.

I think that this Vanilluxe set is pretty powerful in Mix and Mega.

Cold Cream (Vanilluxe) @ Scizorite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Frost Breath
- Explosion
- Ice Shard
- Flash Cannon

The Scizorite give it Technician, which it can use to power up Frost Breath, while being STAB and always a critical hit. Ice Shard is also boosted, along with the Scizorite giving it a boost in Attack. Explosion is for heavy damage, and Flash Cannon for coverage.
Much like the previous MnM sets, this set lacks a particular niche. The way the current metagame is set up, there isn't much of a demand for offensive ice types, and checks to them such as magearna and Necrozma are common. This set does have the advantage of preventing recovery from dusk mane with its weather, but that's hardly enough when it can't use that to put pressure on dusk mane due to its damage output.

If you do want an cool offensive Ice type, might I suggest this?

Cloyster @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Shell Smash
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump

At +2, it OHKOs neutral Arceus or anything less bulky, which is pretty much everything. It can also take espeeds well even at -1, and can beat blissey on the switch - albeit at serious cost to its health. It does sometimes have difficulty setting up thanks to low special defense, but once set up it's extremely hard to wall. Thanks to hidden power, it can bypass Toxapex, Water Arceus, and Keldeo, all of which like to switch into Cloyster. The only real wall this set has aside from toxic blissey is red orb, and most red orbers can switch in at most once - or not even that with stealth rock. That also means they can't have primal groudon, further helping your team. It can also function as an espeed switchin if it won't do any good while set up or your team lacks one.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
insert music here

more bh sets

BANANA BLASTER (Genesect-Shock) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Sunsteel Strike
- Trick
- V-create

genesect is really cool. breakers like mmy, mmx, and mega diancie are really prominent right now and genesect can just (kinda) consistently switch in on them over the course of the game thanks to regen+decent bulk+typing. it forces them out too because of the threat of sunsteel/faster u turn. this is used over mega scizor because that doesn't outspeed mmy even with scarf
252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Genesect in Psychic Terrain: 285-336 (82.3 - 97.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Mewtwo-Mega-X Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Genesect in Psychic Terrain: 200-236 (57.8 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Genesect: 157-186 (45.3 - 53.7%) -- 41% chance to 2HKO
it might seem pretty unreliable but it's honestly pretty easy to find times to recover for this set. as far as defensive mons are concerned, spectral thief from giratina is the only thing that can really scratch you. they can't just u turn into an offensive mon either because those hate fast u turn chip

last slot is honestly pretty free but i prefer v create because it prevents imposter from just regenerating on you for free.

fix my diamonds (Steelix-Mega) @ Occa Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Recover
- Anchor Shot / Rapid Spin
- Dragon Tail

occa unaware steelix. it's like a worse unaware chansey except it also takes on those physical contrary users like mega blaziken that annoy you low ladder. occa berry helps you take a v-create easily and steal their defense boosts to wall them better. dragon tail is for handling ph regi/contrary mmy/contrary mega sceptile in an emergency: spectral thief doesn't help against these guys because they outrun you anyway/are immune, and you don't want this to be your ph regi counter because getting slept/having occa knocked off can suck.
252 Atk Blaziken-Mega V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Occa Berry Steelix-Mega: 145-172 (40.9 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Overheat vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Occa Berry Steelix-Mega: 143-169 (40.3 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Tyranitar-Mega Power Trip (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Steelix-Mega: 115-136 (32.4 - 38.4%) -- 98.3% chance to 3HKO

imagine this without the ribbon (Diancie-Mega) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Quiver Dance
- Lovely Kiss

it's ph mega diancie. this mon kinda relies on lovely miss rolls vs guys like regen vest solgaleo, but outside of that it pairs incredibly well with ph regi. they just keep healing and putting guys to sleep and then you win. this mon isn't 100% imposter proof because earth power does a bunch and you can lose the 1v1 if you're weakened/you miss lovely kiss, but chansey can usually handle it barring lots of boosts and stuff.
+1 252+ SpA Diancie-Mega Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Solgaleo: 196-232 (41 - 48.5%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes
252+ SpA Diancie-Mega Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 254-300 (50.3 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Diancie-Mega Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 136-162 (37.3 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

i'll never look at 2d again (Kartana) @ Metal Coat
Ability: Steelworker
Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Close Combat / V-create / Precipice Blades
- Spikes
- Strength Sap

coatana. before i just ran this set except with cb, but then i realized that the only mon that kartana actually needed cb to kill was zyg. metal coat is cool because the opportunity to switch moves just offers so much more flexibility. solgaleo thinks it's safe because you clicked sunsteel? bop it with v create. regen vest giratina takes 60 from sunsteel and wants to switch back out? just throw up a spike.

this set is easy to imposter proof; you just need a magic bouncer that can take both of kartana's attacks (i used ogre). on the other hand, most common magic bouncers (fairies, giratina) get blown away by kartana so you should be able to spike up/heal without worry.
252 Atk Metal Coat Steelworker Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 240-283 (47.6 - 56.1%) -- 81.3% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Metal Coat Steelworker Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Magearna: 247-292 (67.8 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Kartana V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Solgaleo: 380-448 (79.4 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

JFK Reloaded (Gengar-Mega) @ Black Sludge / Fightinium Z / Spell Tag
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Sing
- Focus Blast
- Hex
- Toxic Spikes / filler

this set isn't mine, it was originally made in gen 6 by Balanced Freakmons but i haven't seen any mention of it in gen 7 so i'm posting it here. basically you just put guys like regen vest yveltal/ogre to sleep and set tspikes on them to pressure the rest of the team. boosted hex is as strong as spooky plate judgment, which isn't that good but it still 3hkos most walls at worst. focus blast is needed for ttar/gyara, and fightinium z can be used to bamboozle mega audino. black sludge is good with sing while spell tag gives hex a little boost
252 SpA Gengar-Mega Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 147-174 (36.3 - 43%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Spell Tag Gengar-Mega Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 177-208 (43.8 - 51.4%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Gengar-Mega Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 174-206 (47.8 - 56.5%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO

good meme [BROKEN IMAGE MIX] (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Solganium Z
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 15 Spe
- Shell Smash
- Sunsteel Strike
- Taunt
- Heal Order

this is less of an individual set and more of a weird concept. i thought that a shell smash user that could underspeed spectral thief from guys like slow giratina sounded pretty cool, but a mon that slow wouldn't even outspeed mmy at +2. so here's slow simple shell smash.

this steel dog thing is slower than everything up to min speed zygarde c, meaning that it can set up on guys like unaware ogre and giratina. however, thanks to simple, it outruns the entire meta (except deoxys s) after just 1 shell smash. the z move ignores abilities so if they don't switch to prankster haze on the shell smash, they lose at least 1 mon guaranteed. regen vest heatran imposter proofs and is a surprisingly good standalone mon.

as i said, it's a concept. any mon from 20 to 84 base speed can pull off this role; necrozma is just an example. what better sets are out there? give it a try!

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
insert music here

more bh sets

BANANA BLASTER (Genesect-Shock) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Sunsteel Strike
- Trick
- V-create

genesect is really cool. breakers like mmy, mmx, and mega diancie are really prominent right now and genesect can just (kinda) consistently switch in on them over the course of the game thanks to regen+decent bulk+typing. it forces them out too because of the threat of sunsteel/faster u turn. this is used over mega scizor because that doesn't outspeed mmy even with scarf

it might seem pretty unreliable but it's honestly pretty easy to find times to recover for this set. as far as defensive mons are concerned, spectral thief from giratina is the only thing that can really scratch you. they can't just u turn into an offensive mon either because those hate fast u turn chip

last slot is honestly pretty free but i prefer v create because it prevents imposter from just regenerating on you for free.

fix my diamonds (Steelix-Mega) @ Occa Berry
Careful Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Recover
- Anchor Shot / Rapid Spin
- Dragon Tail

occa unaware steelix. it's like a worse unaware chansey except it also takes on those physical contrary users like mega blaziken that annoy you low ladder. occa berry helps you take a v-create easily and steal their defense boosts to wall them better. dragon tail is for handling ph regi/contrary mmy/contrary mega sceptile in an emergency: spectral thief doesn't help against these guys because they outrun you anyway/are immune, and you don't want this to be your ph regi counter because getting slept/having occa knocked off can suck.

imagine this without the ribbon (Diancie-Mega) @ Toxic Orb
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Quiver Dance
- Lovely Kiss

it's ph mega diancie. this mon kinda relies on lovely miss rolls vs guys like regen vest solgaleo, but outside of that it pairs incredibly well with ph regi. they just keep healing and putting guys to sleep and then you win. this mon isn't 100% imposter proof because earth power does a bunch and you can lose the 1v1 if you're weakened/you miss lovely kiss, but chansey can usually handle it barring lots of boosts and stuff.

i'll never look at 2d again (Kartana) @ Metal Coat
Ability: Steelworker
Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Close Combat / V-create / Precipice Blades
- Spikes
- Strength Sap

coatana. before i just ran this set except with cb, but then i realized that the only mon that kartana actually needed cb to kill was zyg. metal coat is cool because the opportunity to switch moves just offers so much more flexibility. solgaleo thinks it's safe because you clicked sunsteel? bop it with v create. regen vest giratina takes 60 from sunsteel and wants to switch back out? just throw up a spike.

this set is easy to imposter proof; you just need a magic bouncer that can take both of kartana's attacks (i used ogre). on the other hand, most common magic bouncers (fairies, giratina) get blown away by kartana so you should be able to spike up/heal without worry.

JFK Reloaded (Gengar-Mega) @ Black Sludge / Fightinium Z / Spell Tag
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Sing
- Focus Blast
- Hex
- Toxic Spikes / filler

this set isn't mine, it was originally made in gen 6 by Balanced Freakmons but i haven't seen any mention of it in gen 7 so i'm posting it here. basically you just put guys like regen vest yveltal/ogre to sleep and set tspikes on them to pressure the rest of the team. boosted hex is as strong as spooky plate judgment, which isn't that good but it still 3hkos most walls at worst. focus blast is needed for ttar/gyara, and fightinium z can be used to bamboozle mega audino. black sludge is good with sing while spell tag gives hex a little boost

good meme [BROKEN IMAGE MIX] (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Solganium Z
Brave Nature
IVs: 15 Spe
- Shell Smash
- Sunsteel Strike
- Taunt
- Heal Order

this is less of an individual set and more of a weird concept. i thought that a shell smash user that could underspeed spectral thief from guys like slow giratina sounded pretty cool, but a mon that slow wouldn't even outspeed mmy at +2. so here's slow simple shell smash.

this steel dog thing is slower than everything up to min speed zygarde c, meaning that it can set up on guys like unaware ogre and giratina. however, thanks to simple, it outruns the entire meta (except deoxys s) after just 1 shell smash. the z move ignores abilities so if they don't switch to prankster haze on the shell smash, they lose at least 1 mon guaranteed. regen vest heatran imposter proofs and is a surprisingly good standalone mon.

as i said, it's a concept. any mon from 20 to 84 base speed can pull off this role; necrozma is just an example. what better sets are out there? give it a try!
Your set may benefit from Steelworker on your Dusk Mane= 100 base power Sunsteel Strike = 150 after Steelworker x 2 from Shell Smash = 300
Simple Shell Smash = 100 base power Sunsteel Strike = 300 after Simple Shell x 3, (+4 Attack = x 3).

By using Steelworker, Shell Smash won’t reduce your defenses by 2. Plus, Sunsteel Strike has a higher base power before you use Shell Smash, so it helps you before setting up. Speed is an issue, unless you max it, maybe a Jolly Nature.
———
Your set inspired me to consider that base form as well, with Photon Geyser over Sunsteel Strike, and Necrozmium Z as a replacement Z crystal, not only does Light that Burns the Sky keeps the ability to bypass abilities, but it is 200 base power, which, if you have Psychic Surge up, is 450 base power with Terrain and STAB.

(Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Ultranecrozium Z
Jolly Nature

- Shell Smash
- Power Trip
- Sunsteel Strike / Stored Power
- Photon Geyser

Power, don't transform until the Imposter switches in. Then you can Outspeed and KO since Eviolite Chansey comes in on the slower base form.

Last edited:
OM!, your Necrozma-DM set is Timid when, due to having too many physical attacks and being an offence-minded set, it shouldn't be. Either make it Jolly to not lower its defences or make it Naive/Hasty to make it a mixed attacker (Photon Geyser is a special attack if both its user's attack and special attack are equal, and this Ultra Necrozma's attack and special attack will be equal given those 2 natures).

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
OM!, your Necrozma-DM set is Timid when, due to having too many physical attacks and being an offence-minded set, it shouldn't be. Either make it Jolly to not lower its defences or make it Naive/Hasty to make it a mixed attacker (Photon Geyser is a special attack if both its user's attack and special attack are equal, and this Ultra Necrozma's attack and special attack will be equal given those 2 natures).
Good catch! Thanks. Now the question is, should it be Jolly or Naive/Hasty?

I meant to play with Jolly for now, but a surprise mixed sweeper can be something I should also try.

This STABmons set allows for free healing:

Thundurus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Electrify
- Defog
- Nasty Plot
- Oblivion Wing

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-696215360

I just realized that if I simply wait for the Imposter to come in, I can transform and KO with Power Trip, etc. since it grants a higher base Speed, letting my outspeed Eviolite Chansey!

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Here's a BH set I've been having some fun with. It is more on the creative side as far as abilities go and underrated as far as value/potential goes.

Registeel @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

The steel typing already gives it nice resistances against the -Ate users but the ability allows you to switch into a predicted Fake out or E-speed, hurt them with the Rocky Helmet, and remove their ability. I usually pair this with Giratina, so that you can then switch out to tank their coverage moves, as Tina resists most of them outside of Ground.

Mummy also has the ability to punish U-Turn regenerators. If you see a U-Turn coming, switch to Regi and they'll be hit for damage and their ability is turned to Mummy before switching out to prevent them from healing. I've slowly whittled down some Solgaelo using this method. It can also cause the opponent to fear using U-Turn and switch out without using it, taking away their momentum.

The moves are pretty basic, with a slow U-Turn and recovery, and Toxic without fear of bouncing back. Stealth Rock could be changed depending on what you need, but I've got lucky a couple times when a Bouncer hit me to allow me to set up rocks.

Its a fun set but I know its far from Registeel's common Prankster set, which is very useful, and it leaves you needing to run another Prankster if you want that on your team. Let me know what you think.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-693768534 (Deals with Diancie and MB Tina toward beginning)

Hi! I've been trying to make MnM sets, and this is the only one that seems like it might maybe have potential. Keep in mind I suck at teambuilding and this is probably a bad set tbh.

Kingdra @ Aggronite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Iron Head
Filler

pazza

Banned deucer.
1519527966135.png

Steelix-Mega @ Assault Vest
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Nuzzle
- Knock Off
- Metal Burst (no one will ever see this one coming)
Its a very bulky pivot and "better" Solgaleo lol
Checks MMY,Ray,KyuW
MMY :
252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Steelix-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 191-225 (53.9 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Steelix-Mega: 218-258 (61.5 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Rayquaza:
252 SpA Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Steelix-Mega: 53-63 (14.9 - 17.7%) -- possible 6HKO
252+ Atk Rayquaza-Mega V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Steelix-Mega: 214-252 (60.4 - 71.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
metal burst that boi
KyuW:
252 SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Kyurem-White Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Steelix-Mega: 274-324 (77.4 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(i would right more but i gotta sleep gn)

Reactions: pqs

morogrim

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
252 SpA Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Steelix-Mega: 53-63 (14.9 - 17.7%) -- possible 6HKO
lolwat

252 SpA Sky Plate Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Steelix-Mega: 114-135 (32.2 - 38.1%) -- 97.1% chance to 3HKO

(and btw that means that specs can 2HKO after a bit of chip and with +SpA nature: 252+ SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Steelix-Mega: 157-186 (44.3 - 52.5%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO)

Kyu-W usually runs Modest over Timid in my experience. So, calc would be more like this...

252+ SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Kyurem-White Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Steelix-Mega: 301-355 (85 - 100.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Kyurem-White Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Steelix-Mega: 301-355 (85 - 100.2%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Kyurem-White Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Steelix-Mega: 301-355 (85 - 100.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

All the same move, but the SR and Spikes simulate some minor chip damage well enough. Either way, I would definitely not want to risk leaving Steelix in on Kyu-W.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Sandstream
Careful Nature

- Shore Up
- Shift Gear
- Thousand Arrows / Thousand Waves
- Diamond Storm

414 HP, 508 Defense, 465 Special Defense with Sandstream, (310 Special Defense without is higher than Primal Groudon), while holding Eviolite, and 359 Attack without a boosting nature.

You benefit your teammates that use Shore Up (more than making up for any chip damage), through Sandstream, provide good Edge/Quake coverage for hitting Steels, Flying types, and others. I like using Waves because if you trap a non-threat you can just keep boosting and healing as you prepare for your sweep.

Diamond Storm also doubles Defense 50% of the time it lands, really allowing you to take hits while dealing them. All of its HP+Defensive stats outdo a Primal Groudon and like a Primal Groudon uses Morning Sun, it can heal with the weather boost through Shore Up- without any worry about being PP stalled

Concerns:
1) Prankster Haze/Topsy-Turvey
2) (Fur Coat/Unaware) Spectral Thief - Use #1 to counter it
3) Knock-Off- Sandstream picks up the slack by leaving its Special Defense at 310, and 359 Defense pre-Eviolite is nothing to worry about off of 414 HP
4) Imposter- Use 1-3

The point is that you have a self-sufficient Pokémon that can take hits and deal them right back, trap foes to set up, and heal up, while maintaining good STAB coverage and providing support to your team’s Shore Up users. Sandstream also deals with Shedinja without a dedicated moveslot, and doesn’t disappear with Core Enforcer.

Last edited:
Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Sandstream
Careful Nature

- Shore Up
- Shift Gear
- Thousand Arrows / Thousand Waves
- Diamond Storm

414 HP, 508 Defense, 465 Special Defense with Sandstream, (310 Special Defense without is higher than Primal Groudon), while holding Eviolite, and 359 Attack without a boosting nature.

You benefit your teammates that use Shore Up (more than making up for any chip damage), through Sandstream, provide good Edge/Quake coverage for hitting Steels, Flying types, and others. I like using Waves because if you trap a non-threat you can just keep boosting and healing as you prepare for your sweep.

Diamond Storm also doubles Defense 50% of the time it lands, really allowing you to take hits while dealing them. All of its HP+Defensive stats outdo a Primal Groudon and like a Primal Groudon uses Morning Sun, it can heal with the weather boost through Shore Up- without any worry about being PP stalled

Concerns:
1) Prankster Haze/Topsy-Turvey
2) (Fur Coat/Unaware) Spectral Thief - Use #1 to counter it
3) Knock-Off- Sandstream picks up the slack by leaving its Special Defense at 310, and 359 Defense pre-Eviolite is nothing to worry about off of 414 HP
4) Imposter- Use 1-3

The point is that you have a self-sufficient Pokémon that can take hits and deal them right back, trap foes to set up, and heal up, while maintaining good STAB coverage and providing support to your team’s Shore Up users. Sandstream also deals with Shedinja without a dedicated moveslot, and doesn’t disappear with Core Enforcer.
This set also gets hard walled by Goggles Sturdinja without any hazard support. I haven’t seen many Goggles sets recently, so you might be alright from that aspect, but just something to keep in mind. You could obviously run Sunsteel over one of your moves in slot 3 or 4, but then you lose hella coverage.

I can’t honestly say that this is the absolute best set I’ve ever seen, but it may be one of the most creative (while still being effective) overall for a tanky setup mon

Edit: since I’m already here might as well bring some cancer

WARNING: BAD MEME, DO NOT USE UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR LADDER RANKING TO DROP FASTER THAN MY WILL TO LIVE
Samurott @ Leftovers / Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Dive
- Dig
- Copycat
- Sacred Sword / Swords Dance

This is a stupid AAA gimmick that loses to priority, EQ/Surf, anything with a grass typing, anything with recovery that you can’t OHKO, and anything with a speed stat lower than 130 (and maybe dark types and dazzling/majesty/psyterrain, not 100% sure)

nice
off to a great start

“but mister panda, why in the name of Jesus would you bring such a horrible meme into AAA, where priority runs rampant?”

Well Jimmy, it’s because I have nothing better to do

Anyway, if the enemy team has been stripped of everything that meets the above criteria, you pretty much win lol

The idea is to get Samu out on either a free switch or on something really passive and use either dive or dig. Then, assuming you are slower, the enemy will not hit you and you damage them. Then use prankster copycat and become a literal god

It goes kinda like this in an ideal situation
I’m just typing this out off the top of my head so bear with me

Turn 1
Samurott was sent out!
Metagross was sent out! (Assume it’s an Agility variant for some reason)

Turn 2
Metagross used Agility!
Samurott used Dig!
Saurott burrowed under the ground!

Turn 3
The apposing Metagross used Thunder Punch!
Samurott avoided the attack!
Samurott used Dig!
(idk how much dmg, just an example)

Turn 4
Samurott used Copycat!
Samurott used Dig!
Samurott burrowed underground!
The opposing Metagross used Thunder Punch!

Turn 5
The opposing Metagross used Thunder Punch!
Samurott used Dig!

Mechanics wise, this has been tested and is accurately how it would go down. Some might recognize this from Giratina-Origin with Prankster, Copycat, and Shadow Force in BH or Riolu with Prank, Copycat, Dig in... PU? LC? idk

TL;DR literally just a trashy meme that loses to everything remotely viable but otherwise is unbeatable

EDIT: stresh fart has just informed me you can use this in MnM with Banettite

lmao rip my ladder ranking

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
STABmons

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch / Knock Off / Aqua Jet / Gunk Shot
- Crabhammer / Liquidation / Aqua Jet / Gunk Shot

While Ashninja isn't in itself underrated or particularly creative it's usually seen running special, and Specs. This set is designed to capitalize of people expecting special and using Pursuit to Ash itself pretty easily. Do not run it without Pursuit, otherwise it's pretty much flatly inferior to special. Its niche is essentially as a very fast Pursuit trapper and revenge killer which has access to U-Turn which enables it to keep your momentum going, while other Pursuit users such as Ttar are often forced to hard switch after trapping something.

Pros:
-Incredibly fast pursuit trapper WHICH PERSONALLY BENEFITS FROM TRAPPING STUFF and is not a momentum sink afterwards due to U-Turn
-The most common physically defensive mon, Landorus-Therian, is weak to your STAB. (-1 252 Atk Life Orb Greninja-Ash Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-Therian: 203-242 (53.1 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)

Cons:
-Power. This thing is much weaker than special Ash-Ninja, due to lack of specs, lower BP on moves, and slightly lower base attack.
-4mss. You want to run about ten moves on this. Pursuit/U-Turn/Water STAB are basically mandatory, but I find myself wanting Gunk Shot, Spikes/Toxic Spikes, Priority, Ice coverage, etc. While this is always a bit of a factor with Ash-Ninja I feel it much more strongly with this set, mostly because its STABs aren't outputting the same level of power so you find yourself needing other options more often.

Some replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7stabmons-713111908
lol rip i only have one good one apparently

I haven't tried mixed Ninja yet but I might soon.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
1k: the melancholy of kanye west

https://soundcloud.com/marraquetas%2Fits-gonna-touch-the-sky-right ^ this is actually my favorite song ever. change my mind

it's been a while guys. i was wondering what to use my 1k for, and i thought making an rmt would be a good idea (shoutouts help you get into rmt of the week hehe) but what would i even put there man? a bunch of stuff about smogon and life and motivational stuff with some dumb team at the end? i mean this post is basically the same thing but with stupid sets>team lol but for me the sets mean more than the team itself. you know how people say that sometimes the journey is better than the destination? that's what this is. for me, it's a bunch of cool sets instead of a team.

ok here we go

tide pod-chan ^_^ (Kyogre-Primal) (F) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 148 Spe
Mild Nature
- Boomburst
- Shell Smash
- Solar Blade
- Steam Eruption

refrigerate primal kyogre. this pokemon isn't that good when your opponent knows what it does, which is why it fits best on hyper offense. +2 boomburst lures in and ohkos every giratina set except for prankster and unaware (which take around 75% from unboosted boomburst). z solar blade is used to deal with opposing ogre, and it allows the set to ohko opposing imposter without risking the ohko in return thanks to solar blade's two turn nature. 148 speed outruns everything up to deoxys speed (leaving only scarfers) at +2, and it underspeeds as many spectral thief users as it can.

252+ SpA Refrigerate Kyogre-Primal Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 358-422 (71 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ SpA Refrigerate Kyogre-Primal Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Giratina: 478-564 (94.8 - 111.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Steam Eruption vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 271-321 (74.4 - 88.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ SpA Refrigerate Kyogre-Primal Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 357-421 (85.8 - 101.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Kyogre-Primal Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre-Primal: 360-424 (89.1 - 104.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Kyogre-Primal Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. -1 244 HP / 252- Def Eviolite Imposter Chansey: 800-942 (113.9 - 134.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

x fighter (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Teravolt
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Psystrike
- Secret Sword
- Judgment

teravolt is an amazing offensive ability because it lets mmy ignore all the annoying abilities like unaware, fur coat, sturdy etc and just slam all the walls with +3 attacks. on the other hand, it needs a plate to imposter proof (with mega sableye) and priority can be annoying too. tail glow can be really hard to set up reliably as well. that being said, if you get to +3 safely heads are gonna roll

secret sword hits steels, judgment hits darks. solgaleo is no mon. i'm actually not 100% sure you need psystrike because it only really hits like ho oh and kyogre.

+3 252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 372-438 (102.1 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+3 252 SpA Pixie Plate Mewtwo-Mega-Y Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde-Complete: 658-776 (103.4 - 122%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+3 252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 832-980 (118.1 - 139.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+3 252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ho-Oh: 427-504 (102.6 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

anime was a mistake (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Wood Hammer
- Explosion
- V-create

trick room is a really weird playstyle in bh. in my experience it ultimately isn't that good. psychic surge ban was really tough bc ates can waste tr turns and kill your frail guys, and opposing offensive mons like mmy can be hard to kill on the special side without a super effective move. that being said, this trick room lead put in work in most games by pretty much guaranteeing a kill with explosion or a coverage move. flash fire steels and shed were the only mons that could really put a stop to it with trick room up. i think it's one of the better trick room setters in bh. don't actually use trick room tho

252+ Atk Abomasnow-Mega V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Chansey: 448-528 (63.6 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Abomasnow-Mega Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyogre-Primal: 338-398 (83.6 - 98.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Refrigerate Abomasnow-Mega Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 692-816 (137.3 - 161.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

HEATAH FAJITA (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Aerilate
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Blue Flare
- Volt Switch
- Knock Off

aerilate specs zard y. this mon has higher special attack than you might think, at 159. this makes it pretty comparable to aerilate ray: although it doesn't outspeed kart/mega diancie, neither can ohko outside of mg head smash from the latter. its niche over mega ray is its additional fire typing, which allows it to ko all non ff steels after knocking off their item while also slamming soundproofers like audino.

knock off is useful vs vests and chansey (which gets 2hkod by boomburst without eviolite). volt switch is volt switch. kyogre gets 2hkod by specs boomburst so if you want you can run something like moongeist (shed/ff aegi) or secret sword (ttar).

IDM DELUXE (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Mind Blown
- Trick
- U-turn

still a better pixilate diancie check than ff aegi

big penguin (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce / Fur Coat
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Knock Off / Spectral Thief
- Worry Seed

it's like magic bounce registeel but it trades the ability to counter normalize smash/glow gar (+2 judgment is a roll) for an extra water and fire resistance, allowing it to counter ph kyogre (+1 water spout does a billion to registeel) and lava plume xern. watch out for earth power tho.

jeff (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Knock Off
- Revelation Dance
- Oblivion Wing

offensive yveltal. this is a really weird mon because it needs only its stabs for everything except ttar/gear, so i focused on hitting av/fc users. it's cool because
a) it 2hkos nearly everything
b) it's not choice locked so they can't force you out by predicting
c) it's like a miracle with hazards up. shed dies, kyogre just drops to dragon ascent, zyg dies in 2, etc.

if you want you can replace oblivion wing for like cc/pblades/sunsteel because fc fairies are really uncommon compared to like fc giratina. it's still a good move though because of the recovery.

you tried (Audino-Mega) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Substitute
- Spiky Shield
- Baton Pass
- Yawn

yawn ph subpass mega audino. this set's niche is its ability to pass substitutes almost for free without wearing itself down. defensive mons (think magic bouncers immune to yawn) usually can't even touch mega audino. offensive mons are crippled by yawn unless they have taunt or magic bounce (it goes through sub).

the really cool thing about yawn is that since it has that delay before it takes effect, it gives audino an extra turn of ph recovery. say they go to regenvest sunsteel solgaleo as you sub up. they break your sub as you yawn, leaving you at the same hp as before you subbed.

their options aren't looking good at this point. they can stay in and sunsteel again on bp, but that won't ko and it gives you a free switch into any pokemon as they fall asleep. (keep in mind that if you value your hp, you can spiky shield here!) they can u-turn, which does 0 and gives you a slow bp into anything. that's pretty much it.

Applegate (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Illusion
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- V-create
- Baton Pass
- Synthesis

smash pass pdon. even though there are only 2 mons that can really hope to wall +2 pdon (giratina and zyg), each has multiple sets like unaware, prankster haze, fc, and regenvest making it hard for don to beat every variant with 1 move. smash pass attempts to remedy this by passing to a normal type like arceus or offensive mega audino to ko these pokemon. the team i used this on was terrible so i'm not sure how good the set itself is

(~•_•)~ (Cresselia) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Spectral Thief / filler
- Haze

prankster haze cress. cress is an extremely consistent prankster haze user from my experience because every non-stab moongeist beam without a boosting item fails to 2hko, and power trip does 0 after you haze them. cress also has really impressive bulk so it can kinda just switch in to scout them. prankster wisp is kinda neat on the fatter builds i used this on for reasons you'll see later

★★intermission, send music pls i have nothing to put here★★

next up are the ph users. ph is kinda weird because it turns every match into gsc ou kinda.

set 1: dance + kiss

we keep on playing (Xerneas) @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance / Coil
- Lovely Kiss
- Thousand Arrows
- Play Rough

set 2: double dance

not the real me (Xerneas) @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows / Sacred Fire
- Play Rough

benefits of set 1:
handles imposter while maintaining good coverage (sacred fire xern is walled by pdon)
easier to beat stuff like ff registeel
spectral thief doesn't bother you as much

benefits of set 2:
can pick a dance move based on the matchup
actually pp stalls prankster haze (this is why it has dd btw, dd has 32 pp while shift gear only has 16)
can also kinda pp stall spectral thief. that only has 16 pp which is pathetic

Pontiac (Regigigas) @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Dragon Dance
- Spore
- Knock Off

this dragon dance idea sounded kinda cool so here's dd regigigas. the lack of an extra speed boost doesn't matter at all unless you're using offense in which case you should be using shift gear anyway lol. at +1 jolly regi outruns the entire meta except deoxys s and some scarfers, but those aren't really a concern to the fatter teams you'd use this set on. if you're running adamant you still outspeed mosa

whenever a fat team plays a long game vs ph regi, boosting move use is the main thing to watch out for when deciding when to use core enforcer/worry seed/anchor shot. if they facade and you use core enforcer, you're just wasting your pp in the long run. but if they're at +1 and you use core enforcer to force them out, you've created a cycle where they'll be unable to break through your wall because when core enforcer's 16 pp runs out, so will shift gear's 16.

if regi has dragon dance, on the other hand, it can boost up much more freely thanks to having 2x pp. this helps it tremendously in the fat vs fat matchup.

Unstoppable (Zekrom) @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Plasma Fists
- Shell Smash
- Dragon Hammer

this set is cool because it's kinda like ash gren in ou in that by throwing out spikes, it facilitates its own sweep. regen helps it stay healthy to sweep later. i think showing>telling here
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-713158680

unaware chansey
one of the best mons in bh right now i think. there are two variants in particular that i really like:

spectral

show's over (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Spectral Thief
- Will-O-Wisp
- Skill Swap / Worry Seed

knock off

everybody left (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Purify

spectral chansey does better vs offense. spectral thief helps it pressure guys like photon geyser tail glow mmy, mixed contrary (which you usually beat anyway), and random shell smashers.

knock off variants can guarantee 6% less hp per turn on pretty much any mon that comes in: if they have a magic bouncer, you can knock off leftovers; if they have a poison healer, you can heal its poison; if they send in anything else you can just wisp it. wisp is an integral move for chansey imo because it's so nice to just not have to worry about some physical attacker. this one is harder to imposter proof but any fire type or magic bouncer should do the job if it doesn't mind losing its item

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-713143113
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-710134688
chansey walling stuff

when i thought about my 1k i thought i'd be in a better place lol but at least now i know who my actual friends are. hoping to expand that list and get my real life back together maybe.

shoutouts to my mans (most of you are probably gonna have no idea what these sets are lol)
ou c&c: i'm nowhere near good at this game in its most popular form (maybe because all the analyses were high priority before i got a badge :thinking:) but this server is really chill. it's not like the ou discord where 99% of the time people are theorymonning stupid stuff, but at the same time there's no entry barrier. thanks guys

Vertex one of the coolest people on smogon. i understand you've quit to pursue your rap career but how could i not shout you out
leonard (from big bang theory) congrats on best username on the site
LL i think you're a pretty good chat presence tbh.
Martin mans part of every community on smogon LOL thanks for the sig
GMars although you may be the moderator of ou, your heart is still in the BEST TIER CAP LC
Finchinator :funch:
@p2 i like seeing your dumb ditto chansey teams in spl. funny guy too wait did you get banned? free my man
Gary come back to ou vr
Indigo Plateau nice to see you have a badge now. your forum projects are heat
sedertz -
Colonel M you do cool stuff. joycap died for our sins
Leo jelq
legend slayer Gojiratar woofmasterarf had some fun times on your server, thanks (not me saying i'm leaving btw)

oms/other cool ppl: guess this is what happens when you take a game too seriously -\_(' '/)_/-

Zovrah whenever i worry you're becoming better than me i just remember i'm thinking about the guy who kept ttar in on pheromosa and it's all good. worst username on the site btw
RNGIsFatal hope everything goes well for you irl man. you're cool and can get through this bad situation
I_Suck_At_Pokermon triple noob idiot my dad owns nintendo
Aldertz you didn't even try with this one sedertz come on. thanks for hanging out you're cool to talk to
Funbot28 analysis noob, thanks
pazza that's prob you in your avatar
Luckyboy123 lucky n bad mans rigged pokebot

we out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)