Gen 6 Creative / Underrated Ubers Sets: v4 (Gimmicks not welcome)

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Taken over from WreckDra with Sweep's permission

This thread is to help people share some interesting and unseen sets they have made that have actually have been proven to work in the competitive XY or ORAS Ubers metagames. I'm keeping XY in here cause I know a fair number of people really like that metagame, but I'm not opposed to removing it if people dont want it.

XY Sets:
By Edgar:

Sylveon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Sylveon does actually pretty well, it's not as gimmicky as you may think. The idea of the set is just to support the team with Wish and Heal Bell, works great with Mega Kanga, Palkia and Dialga.
By Faint:

Mewtwo @ Mega Stone X
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 Atk
Nature: Naive (+ Spe - SpDef)
- Psystrike
- Fire Blast
- Low Kick
- Taunt / Stone edge

kd24 used this against me in a match w/ explosion as the final move and it caused me a lot of trouble. I discussed this set in #ubers about a week ago with a few others and it while some were skeptical others thought it was neat. It was pointed out by Melee_Mewtwo that there may not be much merit to use this set > regular MM2-X with Taunt, Low Kick and EdgeQuake which is understandable, but in some cases this may be better. You have the surprise factor which will force out physically defensive mons that would otherwise check MM2-X only to hit them with a Psystrike. Obviously Fire Blast will OHKO the likes of Scizor, Genesect etc with ease while 2HKOing Aegislash as well. Low Kick is still a very powerful move w/ STAB and the large amount of heavy mons in the tier. Taunt can be used as your 4th move but I personally prefer Stone Edge for the likes of YGod and Ho-Oh.

And before anyone calcs it: this sets Psystrike > max Atk MM2-X Zen Headbutt.
By Minority Suspect:

Scizor L. Jackson (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost / U-Turn / Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Although it uses your mega slot, SD Mega Scizor is a threat that seems to be quite underutilized this generation. With most Scizor being Defog and thus more defensive variants, it is not extremely difficult to set up a SD when your opponents foresee a Defog. Mega Scizor also has nice bulk which helps it to boost. Bullet Punch makes Scizor able to clean thanks to priory while most of what you want to Superpower is slower anyways. Roost keeps you off a timer and Mega Scizor can find opportunities to utilize it. The two offensive moves give decent coverage, however this set is still quite threatened by the mons that normally annoy Scizor such as Ho-Oh and Kyogre. It is also checked by much of what can check EKiller although it is slightly less threatened by some of them. Relying on a steel type move to clean can be annoying since it is a poor type offensively, although nothing is immune to it. U-Turn is also an option as it lets Scizor become a hit and run mon early on getting nice chip damage on your opponents best Scizor check / counter and then moving to something that threatens it hard enough to where it is forced to switch without recovery.
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Atk / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
By shitegotreal:

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 208 HP / 52 Spd / 96 SDef / 152 Atk
Careful Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Basically this set is just CB, but used very differently than the offensive CB set. This set tanks every special hit you can think of, yep including some of which are SE. It also hits hard as fuck even tho it doesn't run much investment comparing to the offensive CB set. Like it 2hko's physic def groudon and physic def lugia after SR.

I forgot to say that it can take physic def kyogre and special def kyogre 1-on-1. LEL
By Thugly Duckling:

Time Keeper (Dialga) @ Life Orb / Adamant Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 16 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon / Thunder
- Fire Blast

Overview
########

A relic from the DPPt era, this set is very long forgotten. The Ubers metagame has become centralized around powerful priority attacks and blistering fast Pokemon such as Mega Mewtwo Y, Geomancy boosted Xerneas, Mega Gengar, and Blaziken; and Trick Room Dialga shatters this concept with a single turn of set-up, turning the coveted speed tiers of many Pokemon against them, all while resisting the most common priority move in Ubers, Extreme Speed, and the less commonly seen Bullet Punch. With it's stellar coverage, enormous and often overlooked 150 Base Special Attack, great bulk, and relatively low speed, Dialga is the perfect abuser of Trick Room.

Moves
========

Draco Meteor is Dialga's most powerful and reliable STAB move, and backed by Life Orb or Adamant Orb it can OHKO or deal heavy damage to anything not a Pink Blob or Fairy type or something that carries a resistance to it. Here are some calcs to demonstrate the sheer power of Life Orb boosted Draco Meteor from fully invested Dialga.

- 252+ SpA Life Orb Dialga Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Groudon: 368-434 (91 - 107.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

- 252+ SpA Life Orb Dialga Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 289-341 (65 - 76.8%)

- 252+ SpA Life Orb Dialga Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 289-341 (75.6 - 89.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

- 252+ SpA Life Orb Dialga Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Ho-Oh: 231-274 (55.6 - 66%)

- 252+ SpA Life Orb Dialga Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Kyogre: 251-296 (62.1 - 73.2%)

- 252+ SpA Life Orb Dialga Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre: 253-298 (73.9 - 87.1%)

Flash Cannon is another great STAB move and has a Base Power of 120 after STAB is calculated, and with a Life Orb attached it is a guaranteed OHKO against standard unboosted Geomancy Xerneas - without Stealth Rock! However, with an Adamant Orb, the OHKO is not guaranteed, and requires Stealth Rock to ensure it. Flash Cannon is also the sets go-to move to pick off weakened foes without resorting to Draco Meteor. However, should the user pair Trick Room Dialga with a Pokemon that can eliminate Fairy types from Dialga's path such as Mega Gengar, Flash Cannon can be forgone for another coverage move in Thunder to heavily damage if not dispose of Pokemon such as Lugia, Specially Defensive Yveltal, Ho-Oh after Stealth Rock, and Arceus-Water without resorting to Draco Meteor. Fire Blast is absolutely necessary, as it allows Dialga to power through what could otherwise wall it, such as Arceus-Steel and Ferrothorn.

Set Details
========

The superb item for this set is Life Orb, as it secures many OHKOs such as the ones on standard unboosted Geomancy Xerneas with Flash Cannon and Support Groudon with Draco Meteor. It also allows Dialga to function as a powerful wallbreaker. Adamant Orb is only an option if one wishes to bluff a Choice Specs set AND is utilizing both of Dialga's STABS, which in some instances could be very useful, but unfortunately Dialga loses out on such a small amount of power which turns OHKOs into 2HKOs should it forgo this option. The EVs are simple; 240 HP EVs makes Dialga as bulky as possible while retaining a Life Orb number for cases that allow Dialga to fire off eleven attacks rather than ten. The HP EVs also ease set-up for Dialga, as they make it tough to KO without a powerful or super-effective attack. Maximum Special Attack allows Dialga to hit as hard as possible with its stellar coverage and powerful attacks. The leftover EVs are dumped into Special Defense, but it doesn't matter where they go as long as Speed remains uninvested, as Dialga must be as slow as possible to outspeed as much as it can under Trick Room. Keep note, that if Dialga is given the Adamant Orb as it's item, an EV spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk should be used, as having a Life Orb number would be useless for this set if Adamant Orb is used. The 0 Atk IV reduces Foul Play damage as much as possible, and also minimizes confusion damage. The 0 Speed IV allows Dialga to out-speed anything faster than uninvested Base 65s under Trick Room. For this reason, Dialga's level can be lowered to Lv.99, as this allows Dialga to avoid the speed tie with Scizor and also avoid the risk of being hit by a powerful Superpower.

Usage Tips
========

The trick (pun intended) to set up Dialga is to come in on weak resisted attacks or something that cannot touch it, set up Trick Room, and proceed to obliterate things. VoltTurn also eases predicting, and many of the VoltTurn users have great synergy with Dialga, such as Landorus-T who can set up Stealth Rock for Dialga and can also eliminate Heatran, which is this sets best counter. Zekrom has great synergy with Dialga as well, as it can easily dispose of Lugia, Ho-Oh, Blissey, and Chansey which cause trouble for Dialga and also forms VoltTurn if used in tandem with Landorus-T. If not played properly, Dialga can often end up as dead weight or a sackmon. Thus, in order to utilize the versatility of Dialga, the surprise factor of the set itself must be taken full advantage of. Because of Dialga's overlooked Special Attack this generation, players may be overzealous of Dialga's offensive prowess, expecting a defensive or support set. This Dialga also thrives mid-late game, when it's checks have been weakened to where Dialga can sweep. Keep note however that even without Trick Room up Dialga is still a very dangerous, fully-invested Special Attacker (albeit slow), so do not think that it is useless without set-up. It can even set-up early game, blowing holes right at the start of a match to pave the way for another sweeper. Supporting Dialga with a strong defensive backbone is also very important, as after Dialga uses Draco Meteor it becomes complete set-up fodder at -2. Because of these drawbacks, Trick Room Dialga fits best on Balanced and Stall archetypes.

Conclusion
########

Trick Room Dialga may be outclassed as a special set-up sweeper; but it's typing, bulk, surprise factor, and ability to annihilate Hyper Offensive teams allow it to differentiate itself in the Ubers metagame from other sweepers, and only if used properly shall it reward handsomely.
By Haunted Diamond:

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes

I didn't create this set or anything, but Tentacruel is a really underrated Pokemon that actually still does pretty well this gen. It has access to toxic spikes and rapid spin, which is still quite good, especially now that spinblockers are less common in general. Having rapid spin also frees up a moveslot on whichever Arceus form you choose to use, which is a really nice bonus for most defensive teams.

Tentacruel also has decent special bulk and a unique defensive typing to go along with it. It can take scarfed water spouts from Kyogre fairly well, factoring in black sludge, rain dish recovery and protect. I find that this set works the best on hazard stacking balanced/stall teams, and Tentacruel enjoys wish support as it has no reliable recovery or its own
By dice:

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force

not really sure why this hasn't caught on yet; it's by far the best and most viable set on giratina-o. giratina mainly lost popularity from the introduction of xerneas which could be a practically free switch. shadow force, however, can punish xerneas which is pretty trill and gives giratina-o a lot more consistency. it's pretty good for predicted switches as well to do some dmg if you don't have hazards up to phaze. the lack of will-o-wisp can be lame which is why the set is given def ev's instead of hp to better take on ekiller and psytrikes-- standard kangaskhan cannot touch you anyway, so will-o-wisp is not needed against it either. gira-o is a solid option for defog with this set and can be a great choice for balanced teams and is a way to diversify away from defog arceus / scizor. not only that, but it isn't gengar weak and gives a solid check to mewtwo and grounds
By PoweredByRevenge:

Dialga @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Draco Meteor
- Stealth Rock
- Roar / Toxic

This is a great Dialga set that can take on stall very well, as well as full-filling it's job as the most reliable Stealth Rocker in the tier. It's mainly meant to pressure stall things like Kyogre's Water Spout and Ho-oh's Sacred Fires, and just rest off all of the damage taken. Draco Meteor is here because it is a powerfull STAB move and it allows Dialga to better check Palkia. And in the last slot u can choose either roar, if u want to prevent other mons from setting up on Dialga, or Toxic to wear down things like Lugia, support Arceus forms and others. Other attacking move options can be Thunder, as it allows Dialga to better check Kyogre and Fire Blast to kill things like Scizor and Ferrothorn wich can be very annoying.

ORAS being the current gen can remain outside of hide tags.
Ωα Sets:

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 104 HP / 160 Atk / 148 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Wave

This set is really good and underrated in general, I love setup sweepers that self-support. This particular spread is showcased well in my SPL W6 game vs ZoroDark where it disrupts momentum phenomenally and does literally everything it was EV'd to do except live a Geomancy Xerneas Focus Blast after taking SR damage as Primal Groudon. 160 Atk is a benchmark I stumbled upon accidentally but it KOs both 252 HP / 0 Def Supportceus and Max HP / Max Def Bold Primal Kyogre without needing Stealth Rock while at +2. 96 Speed basically ensures you're faster than any sort of bulky Primal Kyogre / other offensive Primal Groudon, and it also gives you really nice odds of being faster than the average Ho-Oh. But yeah Paradancer Primal Groudon is cool, you Thunder Wave the check first time it comes in, SD the second time and smash faces. One of the best balance/stall killers in Ubers.

-Entry by: steelphoenix

This set has become very standard among Primal Groudon sets recently, but I am leaving it in for novelty's sake. -WreckDra

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 200 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Block
- Rest

Kinda surprised why this set is not mentioned here, as it is capable of doing some serious damage to most teams, especially to those teams relying on Klefki to check Xerneas. It can also easily set up on Arceus-Forms, Latitwins at -2, Yveltal etc. Block helps trap the above mentioned mons, once they are trapped, Xerneas can just go on to boost its special attack, special defense and speed to +6. Once Xerneas does this, there is no telling how much wrecking Xerneas will do. 200 EVs in defense as Xerneas needs some bulk when running this set. 56 EVs in speed so that Xerneas can outspeed Scarf Genesect after using Geomancy.

-Entry by: Level 56

Xerneas @ Life Orb
EVs: 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Mild Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Grass Knot/Aromatherapy/Thunder

This is a seriously underrated Xerneas set, people seem to associate Xerneas with being a Geomancy set-up sweeper but they neglect the existence of this monster. Ubers has next to no comfortable switches with almost everything taking a healthy chunk of damage on the switch in if you predict correctly. Primal Groudon is extremely pressured by this set with Moonblast doing a healthy chunk to even specially defensive Primal Groudon(especially if SR is down). Life Orb Xerneas can open up big enough holes in a defensive core, for something like Primal Kyogre to sweep. The fourth slot is a toss-up and can be tweaked to the needs of your team. Grass Knot makes it easier to force out the Primals, while Aromatherapy supports the rest of your team by removing status, and Thunder is also a viable option if you want to use LO Xerneas to break standard stall cores carrying MSableye, Lugia, and WaterCeus(with SR down of course). Enjoy~

- Entry by: Master Sunny-EX

This set IS in the Xerneas analysis page, but it is hardly ever seen. I added this just for exposure purposes. I have had my own ideas on how to make it work on a team and I hope this entry encourages you to try to come up with your own ways of making Life Orb Xerneas fit in this rather harsh ORAS meta. Thanks for the entry sunny. ~WreckDra

Cresselia @ Rocky Helmet / Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Magic Coat / Ice Beam
- Trick Room
- Toxic
- Lunar Dance

cress is actually legit if ur opting for a tr squad since it's a surprisingly good groudon switch. i had another mence check on my team so i went for magic coat to antilead deo-s and not get taunted, but mental herb and ice beam could work too. i like rocky helmet to get some chip dmg off on like ekiller and shit, but myriad items are fine. cool mon. not super splashable, but hasn't been explored rly.

- Entry by: dice

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

u can use a spread to live a +2 xern hit or have more bulk or whatever but the important part is just jolly sd because u can sr past waterceus easily which is unique for a groudon set. i use it on a team with good xern cvrg already so i just opted for max atk and an hp benchmark, but it's flexible. a pretty antimeta set vs all the dudes that use waterceus as a crux. not the easiest to fit on a team but hella fun.

Latios @ Soul Dew
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magic Coat
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Psyshock

Mostly used for surprising Rocky Helmet Deo-S; you can bounce back Stealth Rock, then OHKO it on the next turn. Latios often gets overwhelmed by the sample team so the addition of Magic Coat over Calm Mind and Defog (neither of which were really needed on the team I'm using this set on) can be clutch vs. some teams. Magic Coat can also bounce back Dark Void from Darkrai and Spikes & Thunder Wave from Klefki / Ferrothorn, but you should weigh risk vs. reward and not throw away Latios if you need it later on in the match.

- Entry by: Sweep

Latios @ Soul Dew
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Memento
- Psyshock / Grass Knot / Thunder / Something to hit kyogre or xerneas / Tailwind
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Roar / Psyshock / Grass Knot / Thunder / coverage / Tailwind

This is somewhat niche but its really nice for some extremely Hyper offensive teams that need some way to setup some of there sweepers or need a water / ground type resists. Its like an all-out-attacker set but it uses Memento to help something else setup and provides a free switch. It looks weird but given some of Latios's common switch-in's (xerneas / Ho-oh) instead of trying to debilitate them with a strong draco meteor or psyshock or whatever, you can have something else come in and get a free setup turn off it (after a memento a mon without a phazing move is basically useless or forced to switch which regardless gives a free turn). This sounds a little stupid admittedly but its a little entertaining watching a Ho-oh turn from check to setup for something like a Primal Groudon. It also still gives this thing some use of it becomes paralyzed or toxic'd or after it cripples itself with Draco Meteor.

Going on to the moveset, Draco Meteor is basically mandatory since its does tons of damage and Latios tends to be able to get the free turns it needs to get one off due to its array of resistances. Tailwind should be noted because you can set one of those up and pass it easily, which can become scary if this is paired with something like Primal Groudon. You can still pick some kind of coverage if that's not your cup of tea though. Roar is interesting as well because like last gen Latios has the tendency to become fodder for setup if something is sac'd to its Draco Meteor (this is especially the case for Xerneas and Primal Groudon), and Roar denies any such shenanigans. It should be acknowledged though that Memento kind of does the same thing but Roar doesn't kill Latios in the process.

You still want to use max special attack because you don't want to be a weak Latios, you want to have your attacks hurt! You just also want the ability to sacrifice yourself later to help setup something if need be. Maximum speed is obvious because Latios's speed tier is great :).

- Entry by: polop

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Roost
- Body Slam
- Dragon Tail

super niche set that only fits on balances with another defog user but its a nice surprise wisher + phys wall to give easy wishes to klefki b.c. it checks the most common mence switches. bslam is just for annoyance and status and i felt like dtail was a superior option to another anti set up move like toxic.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Substitute/Focus Blast/Destiny Bond
- Toxic
- Protect
- Hex

toxic gengar is able to hit primal-groudon and ho-oh with an 130BP hex, as toxic lets it status those two. with substitute+protect it stalls poisoned mons out, which can come in pretty handy sometimes (or hit ho-oh/pdon with toxic on first switch when they expect a wisp set and kill it). its a niche set that fits on teams that can afford being a little bit weaker to physical attackers with will o wisp gone.

entry by ShadowQuinn

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Solarbeam
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Precipice Blades

Mixed max speed primal groudon can rip stall teams a new one with fast strong mixed coverage. Solarbeam is obviously there for just waterceus, with Eruption being the really strong fire type stab that makes this a threat, OHKOing things like Lugia after rocks and support arceus formes that do not resist fire after spikes damage. Also decimates slower balance teams when at full. Fire Blast is so that this groudon can continue breaking after being worn down, and Aids Blades means the Blobs do not wall you. There's probably a more optimal ev spread, but this is good enough for lazy people like me. Being walled by Ho-oh is kinda annoying though.

Submitted by me.
Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Iron Defense
- Recover

Probably borderline gimmicky but it serves its purpose. MM2 was going on in chat one day about how he thought CM Fairyceus was sleeper OP, and it does have potential (Thunder Darkrai check is noice) but is really annoyed by the fact it can't deal with both Groudon and Ho-Oh using only one coverage move. Iron Defense lets it sort of do both - at +2 Defense Jolly CB Ho-Oh only 4HKOes with Brave Bird, and support Primal Groudon only 5HKOes with PBlades so you can set up on and beat them both. It's still not fully reliable against Groudon since SD can still win but you can beat sets without those moves which is kinda cool.

Submitted by Fireburn

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment / Ice Beam
- Recover
- Reflect
- Toxic

Reflect helps balance builds against threats like Swords Dance Primal Groudon and Rayquaza that are used to terrorize the type of builds waterceus is normally found on, by giving a +2 defense boost to everything on the team, not just Waterceus, and giving 5 turns in which it is easier to stall out the attacking pokemon. EV's here are just to outspeed +speed base 90s.

Submitted by Cranham, but I think this is a Hack invention.
Arceus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Hp / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic/Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Defog/Roar/Reflect

Wallceus is Super underrated! This thing only has one uncommon weakness(fighting) and able to hold leftovers is a HUGE plus over a similar support Arceus form like Water or Dragon. It can perform the defog duties of said Water and Dragon Arceus. I usually prefer Wil-O-Wisp over Toxic as it can burn anything not name Groudon or Ho-oh, such as Mega-Kanga and Salamence, but Toxic can still be used to hit the two mons. If your team don't need defog support, you can use sth else like roar to phaze or reflect to troll physical Monster. Every time you stall with recover or switch in to shadow force, you also get Leftovers recovery. Really, I cannot emphasize how useful the leftovers is. I think the reason why this wasn't used more often is because of Taunt Mega-Gengar. But Taunt isn't very common on Gengar these day, also you should always pair this with a Tyranitar to pursuit trap it. I found this is best used in a full stall team, with Lugia as partner you theoretically wall everything physical. Also, most opponent I faced don't expect Wil-O-Wisp or a SUPER bulky Normal Arceus, and so you can surprise your opponent too.Try this on your team with Arceus Water or Dragon, you maybe surprised by its performance! submitted by sammao

While not very creative, I do agree that this is an underrated supportceus forme, although it has a lot more trouble with Ho-oh than its immediate counterparts in Waterceus and Dragceus, this set works better against Mega Diancie than the latter, and performs better than Waterceus does vs pokemon like Shaymin-S, Zekrom and other general pokemon that you want your supportceus to take on (ie: Rayquaza, Yveltal, some Primal Groudon formes (although you are notably weaker vs Lava Plume variants)). I did change some of the slashing though, Ice Beam is required for hitting Mega Mence and Rayquaza and Toxic is preferred over Wisp to hit Primal Groudon harder.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Crunch / Low Kick
- Earthquake

Love this set rn, pursuit trapping giratina-O / lati@s can rip open holes for offensive variants of both primals and the rock resists in this tier are p much all specially defense steels like klefki and aegislash that get murdered by earthquake (and aegislash, spec def ferrothorn and bronzong hate crunch). Stone Edge does like 40+% to standard Groudo, so suffice to say that Geomancy Xerneas is another good partner for this. CB Tyranitar cannot really come in on much except Yveltal, Dark Arceus, and Darkrai after it sleeps something (Ho-Oh in a pinch but it is risky) but this is a pretty cool set, especially for the aforementioned Pursuit trapping. Ground Arceus is a huge problem so make sure ttar has teammates that can deal with it. Bear in mind that people expect defensive ttar, so stuff like Klefki loves to come in and try to set up Spikes in its face, so even if your opponent has something like Water Arceus, they might not go to it before TTar gets to strike. -Submitted by Sweep
Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 168 Atk / 144 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

so a long time ago I asked for someone in ubers room to rmt and somewhere along the way they said "now you can run double dance pdon, but (x person(think it was sweep?)) really likes sub. the team was fine and all but I was intrigued forever by the idea of subsd, and the more I thought about it the more it seemed cool, and trust me it is. shit like waterceus hits the panic button on sub and gets smacked by +2 pblades which is always fun to watch. lugia cant do shit and it's really nice and easy to pair it with another sweeper like sd arc to just overload each others checks and sweep unimpeded, plus pdon forces so many switches that its not too hard to get off a sub – Submitted by Drangon
Yveltal @ Choice Band
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch / Steel Wing

cb is strong. use with gengar to trap bulky arceus et al. you can opt out of a lot of moves which lets u justifiably use uturn without it seeming like a waste of a slot. knock off does a lot of dmg e.g. ohkoing standard ho-oh, doing 60% min to klefki, etc. foul play even 2hkos all groudons without any recoil. it's pretty solid at maintaining momentum, opening for partners like xerneas, and being a big damage threat to any type of team. definitely the best yveltal set i've ever used tbh
Submitted by Dice.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power

Credit to edgar for using it in an uber live with joey at the beginning of oras. This is a fun mon that can do a lot of damage to balance once bronzong and other niche steels have been weakened or knocked out. The idea is obviously to come in on a mon that you scare out (arceus-dragon, yveltal, etc.) and set up as they switch, then try to break as much as possible. Ancient power kills ho-oh at +1 and can chip weakened opponents while potentially getting a game-breaking all-stat boost. Try it out, may surprise you :] - Submitted by Mai Pearl.

I changed the set to the same one but with Diamond Storm over Ancient Power, which always kills Ho-oh, regardless. This set does particularly well vs stall teams.

Big thanks to Wreckdra for hosting the last thread and for putting all this ORAS stuff in there before passing the thread to me.

Last edited:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
To kickstart the new thread, a Primal Groudon set. I'm not the inventor of the set, I know James Jimmy and Astounded have used it, among others, but I'll post it anyway.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Hasty Nature
- Solarbeam
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Precipice Blades

Mixed max speed primal groudon can rip stall teams a new one with fast strong mixed coverage. Solarbeam is obviously there for just waterceus, with Eruption being the really strong fire type stab that makes this a threat, OHKOing things like Lugia after rocks and support arceus formes that do not resist fire after spikes damage. Also decimates slower balance teams when at full. Fire Blast is so that this groudon can continue breaking after being worn down, and Aids Blades means the Blobs do not wall you. There's probably a more optimal ev spread, but this is good enough for lazy people like me. Being walled by Ho-oh is kinda annoying though.

Two sets, one for Mega Salamence and one for ekiller, both of which I've used a fair amount

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Stone Edge

Common switchins to this being physical walls, a special set can be surprising and deals more damage. However, many bulky arceus variants are able to take a Hyper Voice, although dragceus does get bopped by Draco Meteor. Hyper Voice is the obligatory primary STAB, boosted by Aerilate and achieving good neutral coverage in the tier. Fire Blast roasts Steel types such as Klefki and Ferrothorn that otherwise take little from mence's other attacks, Draco is primarily for Giratina, as well as hitting Tyranitar harder. Stone Edge is so you don't get walled by Ho-oh, although there are other options for this moveslot such as Roost or EQ. EVs are the same as standard DD mence but with max spatk instead of atk.

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Beam
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

I'm not the first to use this set, standard ekiller but with Ice Beam over Shadow Claw or Stone Edge in order to OHKO mega mences that try to set up on it. Does well against offensive teams that lack a ghost type since mega mence is commonly their answer to this.

To kickstart the new thread, a Primal Groudon set. I'm not the inventor of the set, I know James Jimmy and Astounded have used it, among others, but I'll post it anyway.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Hasty Nature
- Solarbeam
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Precipice Blades

PoMMan I like this set, but I was using (and Astounded too, I think) Dragon Pulse over Fire Blast, in order to OHKO most Mences after SR and 2HKO incoming Gira-Os to Defog. It's just really funny watching things go down from Eruption.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Substitute/Focus Blast/Destiny Bond
- Toxic
- Protect
- Hex

toxic gengar is able to hit primal-groudon and ho-oh with an 130BP hex, as toxic lets it status those two. with substitute+protect it stalls poisoned mons out, which can come in pretty handy sometimes (or hit ho-oh/pdon with toxic on first switch when they expect a wisp set and kill it). its a niche set that fits on teams that can afford being a little bit weaker to physical attackers with will o wisp gone.

op i swear

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Iron Defense
- Recover

Probably borderline gimmicky but it serves its purpose. MM2 was going on in chat one day about how he thought CM Fairyceus was sleeper OP, and it does have potential (Thunder Darkrai check is noice) but is really annoyed by the fact it can't deal with both Groudon and Ho-Oh using only one coverage move. Iron Defense lets it sort of do both - at +2 Defense Jolly CB Ho-Oh only 4HKOes with Brave Bird, and support Primal Groudon only 5HKOes with PBlades so you can set up on and beat them both. It's still not fully reliable against Groudon since SD can still win but you can beat sets without those moves which is kinda cool.

~Lead Fairyceus~

EVs: 20 Def / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge / Magic Coat

This set seems gimmicky but with experience works pretty nicely. This is more or less the Fairyceus Lead I presented in one of my RMT, this is quite simple: the principe is to setup Rocks early game and hit as many mon as possible with a decent Fairy / Ground coverage. You may hit Mega-Sableye and Dragon Type defoggers effectively, as well as 2HKO opposing non Full SpDef Full HP Groudon-Primal with Earth Power. Fairyceus also has positive match-up vs Mold Breaker Excadrill, Yveltal, and Fake-Out Mega-Kangaskhan. If you want to couple Fairyceus with a Magic Bouncer, or reduce your weakness to Ho-Oh, Stone Edge could be run as a last option; otherwise Magic Coat helps vs some opposing leads such as Taunt Deoxys, Darkrai, and Scolipede. This set is only checked by Steels and Defogceus forms, which both can be dealt with Primal-Groudon and Darkrai respectively, two very good offensive partners for this Fairyceus. I also like to couple this Arceus with a Toxic Spiker such as Cloyster to pressure opposing defoggers even more.

Last edited:

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Extreme Speed/Knock Off/SuperPower <- idek about this slot
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Psycho Boost

sub is definitely a viable option that is seen rarely.

it lets you beat sableye on switch in by subbing. there are many other situations where sub can come in handy. f.e. subbing vs sucker punch yveltal, vs diancie on protect mega evolve or scouting what mon comes in so your psycho boost doesnt hit a mon immune to it. you will also be able to sub on some of those twave users running around in ubers :D

SALAMENCE'S DADDY

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Beam
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force / Shadow Claw
- Extreme Speed

This set is not too underrated, but i will post it because is not too used or very know, Arceus is common for Sweep in the physical side with swords dance and espeed, so most of the times the opponent send Salamence to Check it or Salamence enter in to down Arceus attack, so, this set let Arceus kill Salamence without need of boosts, and help kill Rayquaza and other flying stuff, also this move doesnt hit bad Skarmory or Giratina-O, helps agaisnt Yveltal Defensive too, also Shadow Force hits Gengar and other stuff when they protect, forcing them to switch or just die.

Last edited:

Daenys

Banned deucer.
thought up this set yesterday night , idk if it has been used before . asked a friend on skype to get opinions since ps wasn't opening for me and looks like no one laughed at his face so it's probably decent.
EVs are random. feel free to change

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance/Thunder Wave
- Smack Down
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock

hit things with pblade. have fun. if you run a slower bulkier more optimal spread , maybe run aroma xern although not really necessary. fun set . try it out.
also

252+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 0 HP / 248+ Def Giratina-O: 199-235 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 0 HP / 248+ Def Giratina-O: 181-214 (41 - 48.5%) -- 72.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

BIG G CHOPPA

Banned deucer.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Safeguard
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Stone Edge

I find this set to be quite intriguing, but first things first. A shoutout to cute user Daenys! I've seen him use it against samqian2 and basically c team but still its great imo. Bascially safeguard provides team support as it prevents your team from being affected by a status ailment for 5 turns. Useful for pulling off a geoxern sweep or e killer sweep so fuck keys lol while not relying on aroma on xern or lum on e killer to temporarily get rid of status, in which you can run a coverage move on xern that helps the team :D. But ya works well in tandem with a sweeper as they obviously appreciate not getting crippled by para's, burns and such. Fire blast is fire stab that can dent something quite nicely. Solarbeam catches things like waterceus and arceus ground on switch since they are typically solid switchins. Stone edge nails ho-oh as if you revealed fire blast and solarbeam they may think you're some crazy set with d pulse, safeguard, fire blast and solarbeam that gets walled by ho-oh, but they're wrong lolazo.

mags

Banned deucer.
i guess safequard helps the team more but u could also use sub which is cool to own support arcs that cant remove sub easily like icebeam waterceus or just judgment waterceus. Its kinda like comparing tailwind to rp in the sense that rp is generally better for pulling off a sweep because the speed doesnt go away but tailwind helps out ur whole team. cool idea tho

Aberforth

Ubers Leader

Arceus @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw

This set combines both recover and refresh into one moveslot, with Chesto Berry being necessary in order to wake up to actually threaten stuff. It has it's issues, not being able to get around Giratina-O without compromising the ability to 2hko Primal Groudon at +2 being one of the larger ones, but it can put in a decent amount of work vs unprepared teams, and can easily take out stall if Sableye can be removed, 1v1ing a bunch of normal Arceus answers like Lugia and pokemon that rely on burning Arceus quite easily, while also being able to set up without worry on pokemon like Klefki. Speed is just enough to creep Adamant Ray (totes relevant yo) just in case you run into SD Adamant Ray and need to out-prioritize them, max attack because obviously and then the rest was pumped into hp.

Added Safeguard but slashed sub on it.

Last edited:
Here's an unconventional set I've been using for a long time that still seems to be relevant and viable in the current Ubers metagame:

Bulky Mixed Cleric Xerneas

Xerneas @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Lonely Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide / Thunderbolt

This set bucks the ideas of Xerneas functioning as a sweeper, revenge killer, or bulky tank. Instead, it allows a flexible Xerneas that can keep your team status free while checking many common switch-ins such as Chansey and Ho-Oh. Even if something tries to set up, Mixed Bulky Cleric 'Xern can two-shot, or outright KO many Pokemon, including the dreaded Ekiller Arceus.

Perhaps my favorite part about this set is that it never lacks on both ends of the offensive spectrum. It's Fairy Aura boosted Moonblast still hits incredibly hard, and its other, physical attacks do respectable damage to most of the tier's Pokemon. At the same time, you're not giving up the utility a Xerneas set can have as you can switch in against a wall like Lugia, cure your team, and hit hard/switch the next turn while being protected from Toxic.

Overall, Bulky Mixed Cleric Xerneas is a flexible set that allows you to have the best of both worlds. You get the power of Xerneas hitting hard specially and physically, as well as a powerful cleric that protects your team from Paralysis, Poison, Burn, and more, all in one neat package. This set hasn't let me down yet, and I encourage people to try it out. :)

please remove safeguard pdon

are you guys kidding lol

re chesto ekiller: it's neat but do run sclaw.

re whatever that xern tries to accomplish: a xern that can't do anything to a support arc is a bad xern, also unless you avoid burn from cb ho-oh you get slaughtered by that as well

Arceus @ Power Herb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe or EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 60 Spe
Jolly Nature or Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Force
- Swords Dance

I have wanted to post this for a while and I am finally doing it. Shadow Force is rarely seen used on EKiller these days because there are better options. At the current moment the metagame is full of Mega-Gengars and Giratina-Origins running around to check this massive threat. With Power Herb you turn this strong two turn move into one turn and destroy things that are supposed to check you. With Jolly nature you can outspeed Mega-Gengar and OHKO it regardless if it protects or not. Jolly as the nature is a cool option, especially now when Adamant is the more used nature. Shout-out to Magermilchpuur for suggesting Jolly nature which I ended up using in this tournament game. Prime example of seeing this set working.

If your opponent realises that your EKiller doesn't have a Life Orb, they will think that you most likely have either Lum Berry or Silk Scarf. This item and move combination is so rare and unseen that they will not expect it.

---

+2 252 Atk Arceus Shadow Force vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Giratina-O: 390-460 (88.4 - 104.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Arceus Shadow Force vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Giratina-O: 428-504 (97 - 114.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Last edited:
Here's an unconventional set I've been using for a long time that still seems to be relevant and viable in the current Ubers metagame:

Bulky Mixed Cleric Xerneas

Xerneas @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Lonely Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide / Thunderbolt

This set bucks the ideas of Xerneas functioning as a sweeper, revenge killer, or bulky tank. Instead, it allows a flexible Xerneas that can keep your team status free while checking many common switch-ins such as Chansey and Ho-Oh. Even if something tries to set up, Mixed Bulky Cleric 'Xern can two-shot, or outright KO many Pokemon, including the dreaded Ekiller Arceus.

Perhaps my favorite part about this set is that it never lacks on both ends of the offensive spectrum. It's Fairy Aura boosted Moonblast still hits incredibly hard, and its other, physical attacks do respectable damage to most of the tier's Pokemon. At the same time, you're not giving up the utility a Xerneas set can have as you can switch in against a wall like Lugia, cure your team, and hit hard/switch the next turn while being protected from Toxic.

Overall, Bulky Mixed Cleric Xerneas is a flexible set that allows you to have the best of both worlds. You get the power of Xerneas hitting hard specially and physically, as well as a powerful cleric that protects your team from Paralysis, Poison, Burn, and more, all in one neat package. This set hasn't let me down yet, and I encourage people to try it out. :)
I already ran a similar one but with choice band :d

mags

Banned deucer.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume / Rock Slide
- Roar / Thunder Wave / Dragon Tail

Primal Groudon is one of the best users of Stealth Rock, as it can almost always find a turn to set it up. Choosing Earthquake or Precipice Blades as the STAB attack depends on whether you favor accuracy or power - both are solid options. Backed by sun, STAB, and Primal Groudon's high Special Attack, Lava Plume destroys Steel-types and does solid damage to most other targets. The high burn rate makes it very difficult to switch into, so it isn't a bad move to throw out when you don't know what's switching in next. Since Primal Groudon's choice of Ground-type STAB move is usually adequate for dealing with Steel-types, Stone Edge can be used instead for Ho-Oh insurance. The last moveslot is dedicated to halting a Xerneas sweep. Roar is the most reliable option to halt even healthy Aromatherapy Xerneas, and it also provides general phazing utility. However, Thunder Wave is usually adequate, and it is useful against many of Primal Groudon's other checks such as Lugia, Latias, and bulky Arceus formes. If Xerneas isn't a huge concern, Dragon Tail can also provide phazing utility while severely damaging Latias and pressuring other Dragon-types such as Giratina-O and Mega Salamence. Toxic is also an option, as it greatly hinders most of Primal Groudon's checks, but Primal Groudon often lacks a spare moveslot to use it.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume / Rock Slide
- Roar / Thunder Wave / Dragon Tail

Primal Groudon is one of the best users of Stealth Rock, as it can almost always find a turn to set it up. Choosing Earthquake or Precipice Blades as the STAB attack depends on whether you favor accuracy or power - both are solid options. Backed by sun, STAB, and Primal Groudon's high Special Attack, Lava Plume destroys Steel-types and does solid damage to most other targets. The high burn rate makes it very difficult to switch into, so it isn't a bad move to throw out when you don't know what's switching in next. Since Primal Groudon's choice of Ground-type STAB move is usually adequate for dealing with Steel-types, Stone Edge can be used instead for Ho-Oh insurance. The last moveslot is dedicated to halting a Xerneas sweep. Roar is the most reliable option to halt even healthy Aromatherapy Xerneas, and it also provides general phazing utility. However, Thunder Wave is usually adequate, and it is useful against many of Primal Groudon's other checks such as Lugia, Latias, and bulky Arceus formes. If Xerneas isn't a huge concern, Dragon Tail can also provide phazing utility while severely damaging Latias and pressuring other Dragon-types such as Giratina-O and Mega Salamence. Toxic is also an option, as it greatly hinders most of Primal Groudon's checks, but Primal Groudon often lacks a spare moveslot to use it.

I'm sorry but why do you copy a direct set from the Smogon website, and even plagiarize the set details?? If this was University you'd be kicked out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)