Creeps vs. Fabs (An RU Warstory)

Hello everyone! Most people on this forum won't have a clue who I am, but that's okay, because at some point I'll be hoping to change that! ^.^ So, this is how this ever-fun battle came about: LeBaron was on IRC, and he caught wind of the new RU Team that Feranfell and I had made. Being all big and bad, he said, "I'd like to challenge your team, since my is obviously better." Well, he said that with a little less douchebaggyness than it seems. Feranfell felt like he was being a nub with our team that day, so he left the challenge to me. I decided I wouldn't dare let myself go through the embarrassment of my team losing to someone so cocky, so I accepted the challenge. Half an hour after LeBaron left for dinner, he returned and our battle began!

LeBaron wasn't really that mean; his dialogue was altered for entertainment purposes and he's an awesome person so don't take that seriously lol

Format: RU
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: OHKO Clause
Rule: Evasion Clause
Battle between Gengan and LeBaron started!

Gengan sent out fucking hell mate gg (Hitmonlee)!

LeBaron sent out Drapion!

Immediately I was mad because he didn't nickname his Pokemon >:( Nonetheless, I thought that he was going to keep Drapion in and do some kind of weird trick attack thing I wasn't expecting, so I figured I'd Fake Out to get rid of my Normal Gem and get the Unburden boost, then send an EQ Drapion's way.

Turn 1

LeBaron called Drapion back!

LeBaron sent out Slowking!

fucking hell mate gg used Fake Out!
The Normal Gem strengthened Fake Out's power!
The foe's Slowking lost 22% of its health!

Well, that was dumb of me. I should have figured he was going to switch in Slowking, and now I'm stuck with nothing to hit that stupid thing. I'm expecting a Psychic coming my way, which I do not want hitting Hitmonlee, so I switch out Galvy in hopes it'd take a hit and KO.

Turn 2

Gengan called fucking hell mate gg back!

Gengan sent out Gengantula (Galvantula)!

The foe's Slowking used Shadow Ball!
Gengantula lost 67% of its health!
Gengantula's Special Defense fell!

Yes, indeed, that did work. Oh Galvy, you almost had something there. The good thing is, I know that Galvy is faster and I can easily OHKO it. I decide to go the fun route and use Bug Buzz to kill it.

Turn 3

LeBaron called Slowking back!

LeBaron sent out Entei!
The foe's Entei is exerting its pressure!

Gengantula used Bug Buzz!
It's not very effective... The foe's Entei lost 27% of its health!
The foe's Entei's Special Defense fell!
Gengantula lost some of its HP!

Again, another bad play. I don't know why I didn't just use Thunder. I could have totally taken the game had I done that. Now I'm stuck with a useless Galvy and no priority to try and beat Entei. Since it's become fodder at this point, I have nothing else to do. I'm hoping I'm faster so I can at least give some parting damage.

Turn 4

The foe's Entei used ExtremeSpeed!
Gengantula lost 23% of its health!
The foe's Entei lost some of its HP!

Gengantula fainted!

Gengan sent out FeranGatr (Feraligatr)!

And then, of course, he picks me off with ExtremeSpeed. At this point I'm so tempted to give up, but there's no way I'm going to let this one slip through my fingers. "I will be the dominant team!" I thought. So I send in Feraligatr to scare that bitch out. I decide to Dragon Dance because I'm not sure a normal Waterfall is going to get it.

Turn 5

The foe's Entei used Stone Edge!
The attack of the foe's Entei missed!

FeranGatr used Dragon Dance!
FeranGatr's Attack rose!
FeranGatr's Speed rose!

PRAISE STONE MISS! Finally, the momentum shifts in my favor, and now I've got my Gatr all ready to rip his team apart. First I drop his Entei to hell.

Turn 6

The foe's Entei used ExtremeSpeed!
FeranGatr lost 42% of its health!
The foe's Entei lost some of its HP!

FeranGatr used Waterfall!
It's super effective! The foe's Entei lost 53% of its health!
FeranGatr lost some of its HP!

The foe's Entei fainted!

LeBaron sent out Slowking!

So his Entei leaves me a pesky parting gift, and I'm under 50%. Sadly, that doesn't stop me completely, and his Slowking is going to die next. Guess that's what you get for being specially-defensive Mr. King.

Turn 7

FeranGatr used Crunch!
It's super effective! The foe's Slowking lost 100% of its health!

The foe's Slowking fainted!

LeBaron sent out Steelix!

So yeah, Slowking goes down in one flawless hit; the best kill of the night! But now we have Steelix, which I'm afraid isn't going to go down as easily as I want it to. Nonetheless, a +1 Waterfall is going to hurt, so I might as well.

Turn 8

FeranGatr used Waterfall!
It's super effective! The foe's Steelix lost 63% of its health!

The foe's Steelix used Dragon Tail!
FeranGatr lost 13% of its health!

The foe's Steelix restored HP using its leftovers!

This probably caught me off guard the most. I was expecting him to go for the KO but instead, he phazes me out. That makes everything complicated; now I have a Feraligatr with 15% and a Sceptile against a Steelix. Thankfully I have Earthquake, so not all is hopeless. But now things are looking bleak, so I'm afraid that this one is going to Baron.

Turn 9

wiitle leaves used Earthquake!
It's super effective! The foe's Steelix lost 26% of its health!

The foe's Steelix used Gyro Ball!
wiitle leaves lost 80% of its health!

The foe's Steelix restored HP using its leftovers!

That did not go at all how I was expecting. I had hoped Steelix would drop, but I forgot how extremely defensive it was, so now my Sceptile is going to die soon. Considering that I'm faster, though, and that Steelix is under the percentage to be KO'd, I go for the Earthquake.

Turn 10

It's super effective! The foe's Steelix lost 23% of its health!

The foe's Steelix fainted!

Exactly like I though, Steelix goes down, and now he has Drapion out. I don't have the Unburden boost yet because I haven't used Acrobatics at all, and I really don't wanna hit Drapion with it when I have Earthquake; plus, Scepty is going to die if it attacks, which I'm sure it will, so it's just best to see if I can outspeed it.

Turn 11

It's super effective! The foe's Drapion lost 54% of its health!

The foe's Drapion used Crunch!
wiitle leaves lost 20% of its health!

wiitle leaves fainted!

The foe's Drapion restored HP using its leftovers!

Thank god Scepty is so fast. Drapion's hurt and now I can try to finish it off. I figure Hitmonlee can do it, so I send him in to try and get rid of it now that his Slowpoke is gone.

Turn 12

LeBaron called Drapion back!

LeBaron sent out Tangrowth!

The foe's Tangrowth lost 10% of its health!

Not surprisingly, he goes to Tangrowth, who hasn't seen the light of battle until now. I know it's extremely defensive, and I don't want to lose Hitmonlee to a Leaf Storm, so I send in Uxie to take it.

Turn 13

Gengan called fucking hell mate gg back!

Gengan sent out Duskie (Uxie)!

The foe's Tangrowth used Leaf Storm!
Duskie lost 58% of its health!
The foe's Tangrowth's Special Attack harshly fell!

Duskie restored HP using its leftovers!

Leaf Storm does more than I expected, but Uxie pulls through. Since Tangrowth is weak and Earthquake won't be doing shit to Uxie because of Levitate, I decide to get rocks up to help out a bit later.

Turn 14

LeBaron called Tangrowth back!

Duskie used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!

Duskie restored HP using its leftovers!

Like I thought, he'd send it his Drapion to set up on me. I decide to U-turn out to Hitmonlee to take it on, and hope that I get lucky and win.

Turn 15

The foe's Drapion used Swords Dance!
The foe's Drapion's Attack sharply rose!

Duskie used U-turn!
The foe's Drapion lost 11% of its health!

Gengan called Duskie back!

Drapion's lingering, but he's really persistent. If Hitmonlee goes down in this, I'm done for. Typhlosion can't outspeed it and Uxie has no buisness trying to stop it. I play it safe and use Fake Out to save myself a bit.

Turn 16

The foe's Drapion lost 14% of its health!

The foe's Drapion flinched!

Through all of that, I managed to get him down to a manageable 45%. However, this is the moment I'm terrified. If Hitmonlee can't live an attack, I'm screwed completely. That thing is too fast to deal with and it's at +2, so that means the rest of my team's in trouble if I don't live this.

Turn 17

The foe's Drapion used Earthquake!
fucking hell mate gg lost 97% of its health!

fucking hell mate gg used Earthquake!
It's super effective! The foe's Drapion lost 45% of its health!

The foe's Drapion fainted!

LeBaron sent out Feraligatr!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Feraligatr!

OH GOD YES. Hitmonlee really pulled his weight on this one. Now Drapion is no longer a problem and the rest of my team can easily handle him. Or so I thought; now he has a Feraligatr to try and finish me off. Since Hitmonlee can't outspeed it, I sacrifice him.

Turn 18

The foe's Feraligatr used Waterfall!
fucking hell mate gg lost 3% of its health!
The foe's Feraligatr lost some of its HP!

fucking hell mate gg fainted!

Gengan sent out FeranGatr (Feraligatr)!

As I thought, Hitmonlee was too slow and is killed off. I send in my own Feraligatr to see if I can kill of his. Sadly, without the DD boost and Crunch as it's only option to kill it, I don't know what I'm gonna do.

Turn 19

The foe's Feraligatr used Earthquake!
FeranGatr lost 15% of its health!
The foe's Feraligatr lost some of its HP!

FeranGatr fainted!

Gengan sent out Plexal (Typhlosion)!

Sadly, Feraligatr can't outspeed, and now I'm stuck with Typhlosion to kill a Water-type Pokemon. If I lose the speed race here, I am screwed. Everything I'm riding on now is if I can outspeed, and if HP Grass can KO.

Turn 20

Plexal used Hidden Power!
It's super effective! The foe's Feraligatr lost 68% of its health!

The foe's Feraligatr fainted!

LeBaron sent out Tangrowth!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Tangrowth!

And that's game, pretty much. Typhlosion is at perfect health, I can sac Uxie so I can shoot off an Eruption on the next turn. Baron has LOST, YO.

Turn 21

Gengan called Plexal back!

Gengan sent out Duskie (Uxie)!

The foe's Tangrowth used Leaf Storm!
Duskie lost 55% of its health!
The foe's Tangrowth's Special Attack harshly fell!

Duskie fainted!

Gengan sent out Plexal (Typhlosion)!

Well, this is it. Tangrowth can't do anything to fend off the impending Eruption. Good game, Tangrowth.

Turn 22

Plexal used Eruption!
It's super effective! The foe's Tangrowth lost 88% of its health!

The foe's Tangrowth fainted!

Gengan won the battle!

And that's it! Baron did a very good job in this battle and it was a lot of fun. Praise to him!

Pros:
  • Hitmonlee taking the Earthquake from Drapion and KOing back
  • Feraligatr taking out two Pokemon on his own
  • Sceptile beating Steelix 1v1
  • Feraligatr avoiding Stone Edge

Cons:
  • Galvantula really not doing anything
  • Accidentally using Fake Out when Slowking switching in
  • Feraligatr being slow and not taking out the other Feraligatr

Well, that's the story! :D I hope everyone enjoyed it! If you wanna battle me I'll be happy to, and I'm looking forward to battling more in RU.

I realize the images aren't showing up. I'll talk to Zarel about it so for now just read the text. Sorry!

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Unfortunately I found this to be a pretty meh battle, just a lot of killing something, something switches in and kills that thing etc. No real awesome plays; plus I cried a little when I saw you waste Hitmonlee's Unburden Turn 1.

Also pics aren't working :)

I do love RU though so it was worth reading, just maybe pick a more interesting match next time.

You should change your commentary font color to something darker, and replace all the nicknames with just the regular Pokemon names.

This battle was meh from the very first turn. He still had a full health EVERYTHING, what exactly were you expecting to sweep with that Hitmonlee?

Oh and you decided to make this a warstory before you even started the battle...that's just not how it works.

ss234

bop.
Yeah, not a great battle if I'm honest. You trying to sweep with Hitmonlee so early was quite annoying, and it was basically just you each killing a poke one after the other. Better match next time please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)