is a Contributor Alumnus

Inner Focus
HP: 85
Atk: 90
Def: 80
SpA: 70
SpD: 80
Spe: 130

Crobat's most defining trait is its amazing base 130 speed, making it one of the fastest Pokemon in UU. Access to moves like Taunt, Haze and Super Fang makes it relatively easy for Crobat to cause stall and SmashPass teams to cry. 85 / 80 / 80 defenses aren't too good, but they are not terrible either, and Crobat can easily use Roost to patch up. It can also use Nasty Plot to boost its mediocre SpA stat (although that can be easily outclassed by Azelf) and a Choice Band set to run off its decent Attack.

Some viable sets include:

Stallbreaker
Crobat @ Leftovers
252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
Ability: Inner Focus
- Taunt
- Super Fang
- Roost
- Brave Bird / U-turn / Toxic

Bread-and-butter Crobat set. Taunt prevents stall teams from setting up, while Super Fang allows the bat to bypass the defenses of defensive Pokemon, and they can't recover with Taunt in play. Meanwhile, Crobat can patch himself up with Roost, and use Brave Bird for the kill or U-turn out to another suitable Pokemon. Toxic adds insult to injury. The speed EVs allow Crobat to outspeed +base 100s, and the rest go into defense.

PRObat
Crobat @ Choice Band
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
Ability: Inner Focus
- Brave Bird
- Cross Poison
- U-turn
- Return / Pursuit

With its incredible speed and decent attack stat, Crobat screams for a CB set. Sadly, Crobat's movepool has poor coverage, but it still can make a decent lead. Brave Bird and Cross Poison are there primarily for STAB. U-turn enables Crobat to scout and escape from sticky situation. Return is just there because of his lacking movepool. Pursuit may be useful for trapping Psychic-types, as people seem to forget that Crobat can run this move.

Anyways, discuss! How do you use (if you have used) Crobat? What do or don't you like about it? What are some good teammates and counters for the bat?

YES PROBAT HITS UU!

I've always thought that Crobat is a total monster. I still think that Nasty Plot is an amazing move on this pokemon even though its SAtk isn't great. Also, the classic Probat set is extremely effective and incredibly useful even today.

Two questions. On the Stallbreaker set, is all that defense especially needed? What is it's exact purpose? Does it prevent a O/2HKO from Scarf Heracross Stone Edge? And two, other than higher Speed and Attack, is there a reason to use Crobat over Golbat with Eviolite?

well the speed is pretty important on a stall breaker to outpace other taunt users like Mew, Deo-D and Cobalion.
Well, beyond Swords Dance Stone Edge, Cobalion can't really do much to Eviolite Golbat. I'll give you the other two though, since Mew can just Burn your ass with Will-o-Wisp and Deoxys-D can out-stall you with Seismic Toss/Night Shade.

Well, beyond Swords Dance Stone Edge, Cobalion can't really do much to Eviolite Golbat. I'll give you the other two though, since Mew can just Burn your ass with Will-o-Wisp and Deoxys-D can out-stall you with Seismic Toss/Night Shade.

Uh, Cobalion can easily get to +6 with Taunt on Golbat, and start hitting it while ensuring it won't heal up. Crobat can't exactly threaten Cobalion back except with Heat Wave, so neither really does well against Cobalion.

At the above posts about Cobalion, what does Eviolite Golbat have to do with Crobat? Also, Super Fang says "hai" to Cobalion.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Two questions. On the Stallbreaker set, is all that defense especially needed? What is it's exact purpose?
I don't think that Crobat needs too many Attack EVs, if any, because Super Fang + Brave Bird can deal severe damage many Pokemon regardless of EVs (though I can't list any specific examples at the moment :P). 16 Speed with a Jolly nature outspeeds things like Timid Mew and Jolly Victini, so I really can't see anyone else notable to outspeed with that set. Therefore, I just dumped the remaining EVs into defense. They do not prevent any specific OHKO/2HKOs, though.

Here is a unique set that I use

Crobat@White Herb
252atk/252speed
Adamant Nature(+atk -sp atk)
Ability-Inner Focus
-Acrobat
-Curse
-X-Scissor/cross poison
-Roost/Hypnosis

After curse, your attack and defense increase and you speed doesn't drop thanks to the White Herb, which also makes acrobat gain power. Roost can help you get rid of stealth rock damage, as well as regular damage, but hypnosis can put some threats or annoyances to sleep. It's really your choice for X-scissor or Cross-poison.

I was testing out standard crobat, but i used hypnosis to catch the opponent off guard. There's nothing i don't like about Crobat, it's so damn fast and it does a pretty good job, i'm going to test PRObat because it looks so damn awesome.

in 4th gen i used a toxic stall crobat, even with 2 and 4 IVs in defenses, it took hits like a boss with that great defensive typing, and had a ridiculously fast roost, golbat cannot pull this off nearly as well, having a lot of its threts outspeeding it, this gen crobat wont be doing this as well with jolteon in UU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)