Damage Calculator (and other utilities)

I can enter all of the info on the calc, but I can't get it to calculate. It always says that it deals 1-2 damage or .4%-.9%

Is there a way to enter the information and to have it recalculate?
try closing the spreadsheet discarding changes then reloading it and reeentering the info, this is what i do whenever i have a problem and it hasnt failed me yet

Firstly, this is amazing.
Second... none of the macros seem to work for me, even though I enabled them and i'm using Excel 2007. If I click like, the Copy button, it doesn't copy it, I can't switch Defender and Attacker... and use any other macro. I'm using a trial version, but I don't think that's the problem oO

edit: Also, when I open it, it says "Excel found unreadable content in 'Pokemon5.xlsm'. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes."

Wow, how am I only seeing this now!? Great work, the amount of features that seem to have been added is astounding!

As everyone said, this is incredible! An amazing work!

...But I don't know if it's because I'm using Excel 2007 through CrossOver (a Wine-based program), but I don't seem to find the team synergy calculator. Am I going blind?

edit: Also, when I open it, it says "Excel found unreadable content in 'Pokemon5.xlsm'. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes."
This is happening to me too. Although, when I go through with it, every macro seems to work fine. Maybe that's the reason there's no team synergy calc?

Hey Slipperjeans, quick question(s).

May I use the data you compiled in my own Excel sheet that will hopefully be a damage calculator one day? Or if you're not the person that I should be asking, who should I ask?

Wowwowwow!!!

I am just seeing this for the first time... incredible job man, you really have created an amazing thing here.

I have a question though. I don't know, maybe this is just me as I am not great with computers in general. When I try to do things like apply Stealth Rocks, it says I cannot... something about "Macros"? I honestly don't really know what that is. I tried doing as it suggested, lowering my Macro Security, but that didn't help anything.

I'm using the 2003 version if it matters.

I think there could be 1 other thing to add (totally optional, but would make this erfect for every team) Turns to kill/End turn Residul damage. (or returned damage)

This would be useful for stall teams (think Stallrein + Hail + T-spikes + Leech Seed) and any other effects that happen at the end of the turn, in a way to determine how your stall pokemon would fare against an attacker/etc...

I know it's a tall order, but it's just an ide to stoke the fire... I'm not exactly sure of what it would look like myself...

Is this still active?
Anyway, it would be awesome if you could implement English names in to this.
Thanks in advance..

This look super fantastic fabulous, but I Have the english version of the game, so I have no idea what people talk about when they use they japanese names or whatnot.

So, the entire 5th gen would be ancient greek to me. Could you maybe probably perhaps fix that?

DC.

Eu estou aqui
Man this is probably the best thing i ever found, No more having to use the 4th gen calc

Kind of a random question, but is it calculating Acrobat-boosted by Flight Jewel correctly? I'm only seeing a bump in its base atk power to 82 (from say holding X random item which would lower it to base 55), shouldn't it be higher than that? I mean if not, I'm kinda wondering why I'm giving my Archeops Flight Jewel at all lol...math has to be off somewhere? Or am I supposed to include a boost elsewhere to simulate it right?

If you take a look at the damage formula, you can see that BasePower is calculated before STAB. So, in effect, you would have 82*1.5 = 123 base power using Acrobatics with an Archeops

If you take a look at the damage formula, you can see that BasePower is calculated before STAB. So, in effect, you would have 82*1.5 = 123 base power using Acrobatics with an Archeops
But doesn't Acrobatics double in power when you lose your item?

Yes, it does. So your effective power for the move looks like this:
With Flying Gem: 123 power (55 base * 1.5 from gem bonus * STAB)
Without item: 165 power (110 base * STAB)

Yes, it does. So your effective power for the move looks like this:
With Flying Gem: 123 power (55 base * 1.5 from gem bonus * STAB)
Without item: 165 power (110 base * STAB)
Not exactly. On the turn you first select Acrobatics, the Flying Gem is consumed AND Acrobatics takes that consumption of the Gem the same turn as having no item, therefore doubling Acrobat's power. So it looks more like this:

[55 Power instantly becomes 110, since you have no item as the move itself is being used]
110 power (1.5 from Flight Gem * 1.5 from STAB) = 247.5 power.

Nice. No more opening up Bulbapedia when researching my team. Also, the synergy check is awesome to check common weaknesses without writing shit down.

Fantastic tool. One thing, the damage calculator doesn't recognize Eelektross. Great job on the program, this is an invaluable resource for competitive battlers.

EDIT: Also, the damage calculator doesn't work with multi-hit moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)