ORAS OU Deep Sapphire - Bulky Offense!

Hello there people of Smogon!

I have recently been playing with this team, it seems to have done me quite good. It has all the features of a good team; a scarfer, a spinner, a band/specs, rocker, a stallbreaker etc.

It all started with me thinking that Mega Zard X and Manaphy worked quite well together, and I also had Rotom-W instead of Lando-T and Torn-T instead of Raikou. After a few games with the old team, I realised that Torn-T didn't have enough bulk, and having two electric types seemed odd, so I switched them out for Raikou and Lando. Originally I had Stealth Rocker setter Clefable, as my rocker. However, after looking at the team in general. I saw this team I have now. I replaced Manaphy with Keldeo because Manaphy is very setup reliant.

So I have decided to release that team for you guys to rate, here are the members of the team:

The Team!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bæ (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Here is my trusty stallbreaker. This is a bulky spread, the HP investment is to easily set up on Rotom-W as Charizard will have a good chance to take less than 50%. Dragon Dance is to boost Charizard's attack and speed to a very good level, the Speed investment is to be able to outspeed Life Orb Lando-T, or after a boost scarfed Lando-T. The rest is dumped into attack for more power. Flare Blitz and Dragon Claw are standard STAB moves.

NaeNae (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Here is my powerful special attacker, Poseidon the Keldeo! When paired with the Choice Specs, Keldeo's Special Attack reaches an unbelievable 535.5, definitely a force to be reckoned with. Hydro Pump is the move Keldeo uses most often, being a 110 base STAB move, it does a lot of damage to everything even some of its resistances. Scald is just a more reliable Hydro, but with less power so keep that in mind. Secret Sword is another stab which also helps against Specially Defensive pokemon like Chansey and Blissey. Icy Wind is for Lando-T, but I am quite happy to change this to Focus Blast if you recommend it. :-)

Makura (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Here is my Stealth Rocker and my Physically Defensive Pivot. Lando-T is so bulky and when paired with Stealth Rocks, it can pretty much always get them up. Earthquake is Landorus-T's main way to deal with Pokemon such as Mega Charizard X and Excadrill and U-Turn is to provide some VolTurn initiative with the next Pokemon. The 8 SpDef EV's are to make sure Lando-T always survives Mega Manectric's HP Ice.

Sabre (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Here is my Specially Defensive Pivot. Thunderbolt is Raikou's reliable STAB; it has the highest damage output and poses a great threat to Water-types and Mega Charizard Y, which Raikou is generally supposed to check. Volt Switch gives it a safe move to pivot and wear down defensive threats with, which works especially well in conjunction with entry hazards. Hidden Power Ice is compulsory coverage to hit Landorus-T, Gliscor, and Garchomp, which otherwise completely wall Raikou. The last slot boils down to whether 2HKOing Latios (Shadow Ball) or actually threatening Mega Venusaur (Extrasensory) is preferred. The Assault Vest helps Raikou keep its Specially Defensive prowess.

Tintin (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Here is my Cleric! Seeing as Charizard, Keldeo do not like Paralysis and Lando-T and my next Pokemon do not like burns, it seems fitting that I should use a cleric. Clefable works as a very nice cleric because of its bulk and typing. Moonblast mandatory STAB and to not be shut down by Taunt, Heal Bell is for getting rid of those pesky burns and paralysis. Wish and Protect is for reliable recovery for Clefable and all of its teammates. Flamethrower is an alternate option for the second moveslot that deals with various Steel-types such as Scizor and Excadrill on the switch.

Molgera (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Here is my Spinner and my Scarfer. Every team needs a Scarfer, and every team needs a Spinner so with one slot left in my team, what better Pokemon for the job other then Excadrill. Earthquake has great coverage with the help of Mold Breaker, allowing Excadrill to hit Rotom-W, Gengar, and the rare Bronzong for super effective damage, as well as Latios and Latias for neutral damage. Iron Head deals more damage to Fairy-types such as Clefable, Sylveon, and Mega Gardevoir. Rock Slide has great coverage alongside Earthquake and hits Flying-types such as Talonflame, Thundurus, Mega Charizard Y, Dragonite, Tornadus-T, and Gyarados. Nothing else in Excadrill's movepool provides extra coverage, so Rapid Spin is the best option in the last slot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Threats!

My biggest threat is probably Mega Lopunny. Though Lando can take Lopunny on safely, so can Clefable. Mega Medicham is also quite big of a threat. Again, Lando just has to survive HJKs after Intimidate. Mega Venusaur can also be very painful to play against. My best hope is to 2HKO with Excadrill, I just need some chip damage - about 20% -. Keldeo also gives me some trouble, if Choice Specs I can 2HKO on the Switch with Excadrill. Even OHKO with Raikou. Choice Scarf is a bit harder, my only hope is to 2HKO with Clefable.

Nicknames!

Bae is because I love Charizard. NaeNae is because Keldeo is a horse, and horses make the sound neigh. Makura is Japanese for Pillow. Sabre is because Raikou looks like a Sabretooth tiger. Tintin is my favourite film, and I don't know it suits Clefable. xD. Molgera is the Boss who digs underground, like Excadrill.
Replays!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-463658771
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-463669490
Ending!

Thank you very much for reading my thread. I am welcome to all suggestions. This is definitely my favourite team I have built so far. :D

- WhatTheHack.
Importable!

Bæ (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

NaeNae (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Makura (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Sabre (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Tintin (Clefable) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Molgera (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Attachments

Hi. Nice team you have got.

Upon looking at your team, these are some threats (outside your threatlist) that came to my mind:
  • Bulky CM Waters - they get really annoying as Raikou isn't strong and cannot really do anything to them if they're at +1
  • Stall - your team has a difficult time against it, with only Zard X and Keldeo being able to dent it
  • Heatran - super annoying to your team, being able to wear everything down slowly
Therefore, I shall work on this.

Here are some suggestions:

Latios > Excadrill

Latios gives you 2 incentives. The first of which is a Defogger with the ability to heal, and the other would be a Water switch-in, one that your team lacks and hence would appreciate greatly. If there's one thing I dislike about Excadrill, it's its inability, or at least difficulty, to spin on common Rockers such as Lando-T and Ferrothorn. Latios, on the other hand, has a good offensive presence and an access to reliable recovery, hence being able to discourage Rockers from switching/staying in which in turn leads to greater reliability in removing hazards. Of course, Latios is easy to manipulate. With the imminent threat of Pursuit, it isn't easy to always keep Latios alive. Therefore, careful playing is still required. My main reason for choosing Latios > Driller, though, is Latios' ability to switch into Keldeo's Scald - a big threat to your team - rather reliably.

Scarf Jirachi > Raikou

With the replacement of Driller, your team now lacks one really important aspect: a Steel type. You also mentioned that "every team needs a Scarfer", which albeit isn't fully true, fits your team rather well. Rachi preserves the VoltTurn core with Lando-T while serving as a revenge killer and main Fairy switch-in. Access to Healing Wish means that it can give a teammate - likely Zard X - a second chance at glory after getting weakened beforehand. Also, 60% Iron Head flinches could give you some clutch victories. I chose Fire Punch > Heart Stamp as you already have Psychic STAB on Latios and getting damage on things like Ferrothorn and opposing Jirachi could help Zard X in that it wouldn't have to take as much recoil.

Rocky Helmet > Leftovers
A small but important mention. Rocky Helmet is crucial to punish the many physical attackers that you switch Lando-T into. These physical attackers include but are not limited to Sand Driller, MLop, MMedicham, Jirachi and even opposing Lando-T. What this chip damage does is that it discourages the opposing mon to attack you again in fear of taking even more damage. In some scenarios, it can even reduce 2HKOs to OHKOs. For example, after 1 round of Rocks damage + Rocky Helmet damage, Clefable will be able to OHKO MLop with Moonblast.

Standard MG+CM with Encore > TWave
I honestly don't think a Cleric is needed for your team, especially now with the addition of Jirachi and its Healing Wish. Also, Clef can act as your status absorber so status isn't a major problem. Running MG+CM gives your team a secondary win-con, allowing you to sweep teams even if Zard X isn't putting in work. I went with Encore > TWave as that allows you to deal with Bulky CM Waters better, especially in an inevitable CM war. What you can do is to set up to a decent level, like +3, and while they continue setting up, you Encore them and render them useless. Take note that Encore has only 8PP so use it wisely. Of course, to use Encore effectively, you need some speed creep hence I'm running 8 Speed EVs on this guy to speed creep opposing Clefable.

[optional] 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe, Jolly; Earthquake > Roost
Like I put up there, this is an optional change. I'm suggesting this as I don't think setting up on Rotom-W is super important and hence going max Speed max Attack might be better. EQ > Roost is something I personally don't really like to run but I had to suggest it since Heatran is SO annoying to your team and you have Healing Wish anyway.

Here are the sets:
Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 76 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Encore

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

That's it for my rate. Hope I helped, thanks for reading and have a nice day! n_n

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello man, is rare nowondays the mega Zard X builds so im glad you choose this mega. Team looks good on paper, however immediately notice that you dont have a solid keldeo switching especially for opposing specs set. Another big issue is CM Mega Slowbro as after a couple of cm can beat Raikou 1 v 1. And last you dont really need a cleric on your squad especially when you using Magic Guard clef, wasting a lot of potential on that Pokemon. Id like to suggest a couple things to help your team.
  • First is add Focus Blast on Keldeo over Icy, Focus would help you to deal with bulky water/grass types easily as Focus hits Alomomola and RH Tangrowth harder. Icy is a coverage move for Lati twins but you have exca and clef in the back so a lure isnt really needed.
  • The other suggestion is change the clef set to Bold nature with 252 HP and 216 Def rest in SpD with Moonblast, Toxic, Softboiled and Calm Mind. With this Ev spread Clef will always survive 2 hits from Mega Medi and Mega Heracross. Toxic is for those cm pokemon or bulky ones in general.
  • With clef being super physically defensive Landot had some kinda of relieve, so to pressure the check of Zard X i suggest you to run SD over Uturn, while still maintaining bulk to deal with opposing zard X, and metagross to extend. Also rocky helmet over leftovers isnt bad choice.
  • And last Latios>Raikou, help you against Keldeo and Zard Y. As well having super effective stab move against mega venu.
Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Surf
Also you can add rocks over cm of clef and make lando offensive dual dance. Hope i help you gl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)