Disney Movies: Their Legacy, and a Proposition

The magic of Disney has captivated all of us when we were young. Classics like Dumbo have made us smile. There were plenty of laughs to be had in The Jungle Book. Some of us even cried at the tragic ending of Bambi. All of these movies have special places in our hearts, and it may seem like we are too old now to relive the memories. Do not think that! You can never be too old to enjoy the magic of Disney. Summertime is slowly approaching, and there will be plenty of time to watch these classics again.

Walt Disney had a formula for making his masterpieces, a formula that led to successful movies. He won a whopping 26 Academy Awards in his lifetime, the most ever by a single person.

Here's my proposition: During this Summer, watch 1 Disney movie per day. Just one. It can be anytime of the day, whatever fits your schedule. Don't have enough time a certain day? Skip a day. I have already talked to a few people who will be joining me on this journey, and it will be an enlightening one I'm sure. For the movies that you have seen, nostalgia will be instilled in you. For the ones previously unseen, you will be able to experience a sense of wonder that can only be found in Disney movies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Disney_Animated_Classics

This link above highlights all of the animated films made by the famed Disney studios and its subsidiaries. That may seem like a lot of movies, but remember, it is only one a day. If you think you will not be able to watch a movie on a certain day, then don't. This is meant to be a beneficial experience, a way to make your summer something spectacular, the way Disney only could.

So, what do you think of this proposiition? Do you agree that Disney had a certain something that made his movies something unbelieveable? Why or why not? I hope to see a lot of participation in this, and thank you all for reading this far!

This topic does not remotely, let alone intelligently, discuss anything about Disneys legacy (like the incredible negative impact it had on animation due to conservatism, leading to Hanna Barbera and all its problems et cetera). When you mean "Disney making you feel nice and cuddly and shit in the safest way possible," then say that instead of legacy!

If if wasn't for the fact that it isn't summer break in the southern hemisphere and that my parents sold nearly all of our Disney movies several years ago, I might take part in this. Still, Toy Story 3 is coming out soon, so that should be worth something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)