SM UU Dogs of War (UU Offense Team ft. Abomasnow)

Introduction
1513679815928.png
1513683512800.png
1513679907662.png
1514077537525.png
1514077567222.png
1514077589923.png

Hi everyone, Canta Slaus here. I've been a Showdown player for about a year now, mainly playing tiers like OU & Monotype, with the occasional LC. This is the first time I've touched UU, and as such I wanted to make an RMT of the first team that did decently, in hopes of further improving it. The team has its fair share of weaknesses (stupidly weak to Scizor lmao), but its been putting in work in the ladder. It is an offense team played aggressively, punching holes in the opponent whenever given the chance and falling behind my tanks when they try to take my hitters out.

Teambuilding
With Christmas only a few days away, I had a criteria when building this team:
1. Use Mega Abomasnow (it's a walking Christmas tree)
2. Use dogs (not Christmas-related)
With that, I already had three out of six Pokemon.

1513683745848.png
1513683767169.png
1513683818102.png

Finding dogs to complement the wallbreaking power that in Mega Abomasnow wasn't too hard. The biggest drawback of Mega Snow was his lack of speed and his myriad of weaknesses, hence I wanted to cover those. Zygarde-10% is quite obviously a Dawg, sitting at a very comfortable speed stat of 361 and outspeeding most of the unboosted tier, while at the same time having powerful priority in ExtremeSpeed. I chose Suicune as the other Dawg due to its Water typing, which took care of both of his partner's biggest weaknesses (Ice and Fire respectively), with they in turn taking care of Suicune's weaknesses (Electric and Grass).
1514081237320.png

Outside of being a damn good sweeper, Suicune can serve as a physical tank to sponge hits if need be. As such, I wanted a special tank to match with Suicune, and to counter Mega Manectric, which completely demolish the three above. Furthermore, one can never make a competitive team without Stealth Rock, which led me to using Blissey. She also functions as the team cleric, which works well with Mega Snow as he has no recovery whatsoever and his strongest move deals recoil damage.
1514081257058.png

Due to Mega Snow's Ice typing, hazard control was in need for Mega Snow to effectively punch holes into the enemy. Hence, Starmie was added into the team. I chose Starmie over other spinners due to its Psychic typing which gave me a nice Fighting resist to cushion the weakness that Blissey and Mega Snow shared, and because of its immediate special attacking power, something Suicune does not have despite being a sweeper.
1514081272405.png

\My team had no way to kill fairies or resist them, which is very dangerous in the UU due to Pokemon like Sylveon or Primarina. Also, despite Zygarde-10% and Starmie being fast, there are still a few key threats that outspeed them, hence outspeeding the entire team. Furthermore, Serperior pesky grass types were a problem, as they could outspeed Mega Snow and hit him with HP FIRE something he couldn't recover from, completely fucking over countering my core. As such, I threw in Scarf Nidoking, who can outspeed the entire boosted tier and kill fairies & fast grasses before they can.
1514077366723.png
1514077380344.png
1514077416341.png

Thanks to esche rating my team, I have swapped Blissey, Nidoking, and Starmie for Moltres, Sylveon and Cobalion. Despite the fact that my speed control has been weakened due to the loss of my scarfer, overall this makes the team more solid & mitigates the threats to the team, especially Scizor.

Sets

1513679815928.png

Borgio the Besieger (Zygarde-10%) @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
Zygarde-10% is a criminally underrated beast of a physical wallbreaker, lategame cleaner and DAWG. Despite having a completely useless ability, it has a great speed stat of 361 and a decent attack behind it when coupled with a Choice Band. But the main selling point of ZyDog would be in his easily spammable signature, Thousand Arrows that allows this ground type STAB to hit flying & levitating Pokemon. It OHKOs Rotom-W and Mega Dactyl and 2HKOs most of the other levitating/flying Pokemon should they try to switch in (exceptions being Mandibuzz and the rare Cresselia, off the top of my head). This is the standard band set with standard EVs, maxed in both attack and speed, with Arrows, Outrage for STAB & lategame cleaning, and ESpeed for priority to revengekill. I put Earthquake in the last move due to its ability to achieve 2HKO/OHKOs where Thousand Arrows could not, being the go-to move after the levitater/flyers have been dealt with.

1513683512800.png

Leonardo da Miragliano (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
ZyDog and Suicune form a powerful offensive Double DAWG core, with ZyDog demolishing the squishies that outspeed Suicune & take advantage of its lack of immediate power and Suicune forcing down the bulkier Pokemon that can tank ZyDog through setting up. Outside of being my lategame sweeper, I use Cune as a defensive pivot to tank & deter physical attackers due to its bulk & ability to recover. This is the standard CroCune set, Calm Mind & Scald is the setup sweeping tools, RestTalk is the recovery agent, EVs used to allow Cune to outspeed Adamant Scizor & ScaldBurn it while having as much physical bulk as possible.

1513679907662.png

Marco Colombo (Abomasnow) (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 8 HP / 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
- Focus Blast
The Double Dawg core has a glaring weakness against some bulky waters, which can tank ZyDog's attacks and potentially ScaldBurn it, while easily tanking/completely absorbing Cune's Scald with Water Absorb, and bulky grass types that just shrug off both. Our Christmas special destroys both with relative ease & pretty because 2HKOs the majority of the tier with his powerful attacks. Soundproof is Abomasnow's ability before Mega Evolving, allowing for switching into sound-based attacks for a safe Mega Evolution, such as Sylveon's Hyper Voice and Galvantula's Bug Buzz. Blizzard and Wood Hammer are Mega Snow's strongest STAB, Blizzard in particular having no drawback due to it's guaranteed hit in Mega Snow's Snow Warning. Ice Shard mitigates the low speed of Mega Snow, being a STAB priority move. Focus Blast hits steels that try to switch in to tank Blizz/Hammer. The EVs give Mega Snow enough speed to outspeed Relaxed Swampert to OHKO with the Hammer before it ScaldBurns, maximum special attack to hit as hard as possible with Blizzard, 8 HP EVs hit a Stealth Rock number (being able to switch into Rocks more than 4 times, ho!) and the rest go into his attack to hit harder with his other attacks.

1514077537525.png

Mydas the Mean (Cobalion) @ Steelium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
Replacing Blissey as my Stealth Rock user, and Nidoking as my fairykiller is Cobalion. He also functions as a secondary sweeper & wallbreaker due to his attack boost in Swords Dance, and Steelium Z turning Iron Head into a 160-BP Corkscrew Crash. This allows Cobalion to take on Gliscor & other physically bulky walls and break through them with ease. Aside from that, this is the standard offensive Stealth Rocker set, with Close Combat being Cobalion's other STAB of choice due to its power.
1514077567222.png

Lorenzo Lupo (Moltres) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 4 SpA / 16 SpD / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic
Taking over Starmie's job as hazard control, ironically, is the pokemon weakest to Stealth Rocks, Moltres. Normally throwing the task of defogger to a Pokemon like Moltres would be a stupid idea, but with Wish keeping it healthy, it mitigates the damage (somewhat). The other role of Moltres is to counter Scizor, one of the biggest threats to my team and other smaller threats like a certain green snake. Flamethrower is the STAB of choice, and Roost is to keep Moltres alive and pressure Scizor. Toxic is for the bulky switchins to Moltres that resist Flamethrower, like literally every single bulky water imaginable. 144 Speed EVs allow Moltres to outspeed Scizor (all variants), which the rest have been poured into bulk to strengthen Moltres' defenses.

1514077589923.png

Lucrezzia Belladonna (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
Sylveon replaces Blissey as team cleric & special wall despite a lower Special Defense is because of its Fairy typing, which provides me with a much-needed Fighting resist. Sylveon also provides Heal Bell, which works in tangent with RestTalk Suicune by waking it up early or clearing any burns from my wallbreakers. Wish + Protect gives Sylveon a guaranteed 2-turn recovery along with Leftovers recovery, and helps scout out moves. Pixilate Hyper Voice is self-explanatory, while the EVs patch up Sylveon's mediocre physical bulk while tanking up her special bulk. The best thing about using Sylveon is that I'm 90% sure it is also a DAWG.

Threats
1514080390846.png
+
1514080413433.png
- The notorious Scarfed Memento Chandelure + any Belly Drum user combo is an insta-loss if my priority users are dead. Keep Mega Snow & ZyDog as healthy as possible to hopefully revengekill. However, if the BD user is Azumarill (usually it is), keep Mega Snow unevolved, as it outspeeds Azumarill and can KO it with a Wood Hammer, while living a +6 Aqua Jet after Stealth Rock damage.
1514080704836.png
- Mega Aerodactyl is a bitch to handle now with it outspeeding my entire team and hitting hard due to Tough Claws. Suicune can handle it fine though, so keep it healthy.

1513746686179.png
1513746696718.png
1513746706329.png
1514081022349.png
1514081037273.png
1514081052692.png

This concludes my UU RMT. Have a Merry Christmas! (bcos Mega Christmas tree and everything)
Importable:
Borgio the Besieger (Zygarde-10%) @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Leonardo da Miragliano (Suicune) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Marco Colombo (Abomasnow) (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 8 HP / 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Rash Nature
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Mydas the Mean (Cobalion) @ Steelium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Lorenzo Lupo (Moltres) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Lucrezzia Belladonna (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Last edited:
If Scizor is something you've been having trouble with, something I've been playing with to lure it recently seems to fit pretty damn snugly on your team.

0 SpA Blissey Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 248-292 (88.2 - 103.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

If Wish isn't pivotal to your team, you can chuck this on and predict Scizor switchins. You can also come in on a banded scizor clicking BP and go for it, as Blissey avoids that 2HKO.
(In case you don't believe me)
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 294-346 (41.1 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Also, doesn't Blissey beat Sylveon 1v1 with Seismic Toss? Even if you let it get to +6 you can still stall it out of Hyper Voices.
+6 0 SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 387-456 (54.2 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

If Scizor is something you've been having trouble with, something I've been playing with to lure it recently seems to fit pretty damn snugly on your team.

0 SpA Blissey Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 248-292 (88.2 - 103.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

If Wish isn't pivotal to your team, you can chuck this on and predict Scizor switchins. You can also come in on a banded scizor clicking BP and go for it, as Blissey avoids that 2HKO.
(In case you don't believe me)
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 294-346 (41.1 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Hey TheTapDancer, thanks for the rate, the Flamethrower puts in work. I miss having WishTect but comparing the pros and cons, killing Scizor comes out on top.

Also, doesn't Blissey beat Sylveon 1v1 with Seismic Toss? Even if you let it get to +6 you can still stall it out of Hyper Voices.
+6 0 SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 387-456 (54.2 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
I could only stall it out if my Blissey was full health, still using WishTect, and the guy was crazy enough to only use Hyper Voice continously instead of using other moves despite obviously being stalled. Luckily I've only encountered two in the 30+ UU battles I played with this team. Aside from that, I cannot beat Sylveon 1v1 with Toss as CM Sylveon carrys it's own WishTect, and Heal Bell if I decide to throw in Toxic somewhere, hence it can setup on Blissey herself.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello Canta Slaus,

Snowflakes and puppies are most certainly fitting themes for a team so close to christmas; I like it!
Anyway, I tested out the team for a bit and ultimately made a few fixes that I would like to share with you. Let's get straight to it:

• As you already pointed out in your threatlist, Scizor is a massive problem for this team to deal with. In fact, I did not feel comfortable facing any offensive variant, in most cases it was hardly possible to sufficiently maneuver around it and I had to rely on luck to beat it (for example a low roll on Zygarde or a Scald burn from Suicune). Therefore, I made a rather substantial change in order to counteract this weakness:
    • -->

Moltres has gained some attention recently, and for good reason. Not only does it effortlessly counter Scizor but also takes care of the most popular Serperior set, SubSeed. The spread in the importable below outspeeds everything up to Jolly Scizor. Feel free to use Flame Body over Pressure if you so desire, personally, however, I prefer outstalling Stealth Rock and having to deal with fewer PP of Leaf Storm/Leech Seed. Most importantly though, what would christmas be without roasted goose?
      Moltres @ Leftovers
      Ability: Pressure/Flame Body
      Bold Nature
      - Flamethrower
      - Roost
      - Defog
      - Toxic
  • The Wish support component of your team did not strike me as particularly essential to the team but I did notice that Abomasnow in particular appreciated the support (recoil/susceptibility to hazards), which is why I was inclined to keep it. However, since you mentioned a lack of reliable Fighting type resists, I did the following:
    • -->

Besides being a solid Fighting resist, Sylveon also gives this this a team a much needed Dark resist and Dragon immunity. Moreso, it is still able to sponge hits from special attackers such as Mega Manectric and Mega Sceptile and has the added benefit of Heal Bell, which works well in conjunction with RestTalk Suicune and can clear burns from Abomasnow. If you are concerned about DD Soundproof Kommo-o (the trend should have died down by now though), you can use Moonblast and Cute Charm instead of Pixilate Hyper Voice. Also, have a look at these ribbons! Reminiscient of those used for gift wrapping, aren't they? Very fitting for a christmas themed team!
      Sylveon @ Leftovers
      Calm Nature
      - Hyper Voice
      - Wish
      - Protect
      - Heal Bell
  • Speed control is important for the majority of team archetypes. However, this team possesses multiple priority options and has decent sustainability overall. Nidoking is a somewhat inoptimal choice for a Choice Scarf user, at least for my liking. The team was in need of a switch-in to Mega Beedrill, while also lacking Stealth Rock. Thus, ...
    • -->

I opted for Cobalion in the last slot. With Swords Dance and Steelium Z it is able to beat down Gliscor, which Zygarde appreciates, while also acting as a back up check to Dragon Dance Mega Altaria and Azumarill (if healthy). If you find this change to cut too deeply into speed control measures I recommend switching CB Zygarde for Choice Scarf Krookodile, although this change unfortuntately defies the theme of the team. Anyway, I'm confident that Cobalion will be able to pull the weight of your sleigh!
      Cobalion @ Steelium Z
      Jolly Nature
      - Iron Head
      - Close Combat
      - Swords Dance
      - Stealth Rock
  • Lastly, a minor seeming change but I highly recommend opting for a Rash nature over a Mild nature on Mega Abomasnow. With Starmie no longer available as a check to BD Azumarill, it becomes important to preserve Abomasnow in non-mega form. Check this out:

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 8 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 201-237 (62.2 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    +6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 8 HP / 0- Def Abomasnow: 224-264 (69.3 - 81.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

You will lose out on some special bulk but considering that this Abomasnow's choice of Grass STAB is Wood Hammer, you wouldn't want to recklessly switch it into the likes of Scald anyway. Additionally, Moltres is now tasked with switching into Serperior relieving pressure from Abomasnow.
I hope you liked my christmas-inspired suggestions, let me know how they worked out for you. Happy holidays!

Last edited:
Hello Canta Slaus,

Snowflakes and puppies are most certainly fitting themes for a team so close to christmas; I like it!
Anyway, I tested out the team for a bit and ultimately made a few fixes that I would like to share with you. Let's get straight to it:

• As you already pointed out in your threatlist, Scizor is a massive problem for this team to deal with. In fact, I did not feel comfortable facing any offensive variant, in most cases it was hardly possible (for example a low roll on Zygarde or a Scald burn from Suicune). Therefore, I made a rather substantial change in order to counteract this weakness:
    • -->

Moltres has gained some attention recently, and for good reason. Not only does it effortlessly counter Scizor but also takes care of the most popular Serperior set, SubSeed. The spread in the importable below outspeeds everything up to Jolly Scizor. Feel free to use Flame Body over Pressure if you so desire, personally, however, I prefer outstalling Stealth Rock and having to deal with fewer PP of Leaf Storm/Leech Seed. Most importantly though, what would christmas be without roasted goose?
      Moltres @ Leftovers
      Ability: Pressure/Flame Body
      Bold Nature
      - Flamethrower
      - Roost
      - Defog
      - Toxic
Hey esche, WOW. I'm amazed by how you completely fixed my team and kept the Christmas theme. With Moltres, Scizor is a thing of the past, and CM Sylveon is also heavily pressured due to the low PP of Heal Bell, and only one attack's PP to rely on. Mienshao is also checked by Moltres and as you said, fuck SubSeed.
  • The Wish support component of your team did not strike me as particularly essential to the team but I did notice that Abomasnow in particular appreciated the support (recoil/susceptibility to hazards), which is why I was inclined to keep it. However, since you mentioned a lack of reliable Fighting type resists, I did the following:
    • -->

Besides being a solid Fighting resist, Sylveon also gives this this a team a much needed Dark resist and Dragon immunity. Moreso, it is still able to sponge hits from special attackers such as Mega Manectric and Mega Sceptile and has the added benefit of Heal Bell, which works well in conjunction with RestTalk Suicune and can clear burns from Abomasnow. If you are concerned about DD Soundproof Kommo-o (the trend should have died down by now though), you can use Moonblast and Cute Charm instead of Pixilate Hyper Voice. Also, have a look at these ribbons! Reminiscient of those used for gift wrapping, aren't they? Very fitting for a christmas themed team!
      Sylveon @ Leftovers
      Calm Nature
      - Hyper Voice
      - Wish
      - Protect
      - Heal Bell
    [*][*][*]
The Sylveon is a nice touch, the Fairy typing is much appreciated and luckily DD Soundproof Kommo-o is nowhere to be seen on the ladder..or anywhere. I've only been trying your changes for about 4 games or so but it's evident that Sylveon is a much better choice.
  • Speed control is important for the majority of team archetypes. However, this team possesses multiple priority options and has decent sustainability overall. Nidoking is a somewhat inoptimal choice for a Choice Scarf user, at least for my liking. The team was in need of a switch-in to Mega Beedrill, while also lacking Stealth Rock. Thus, ...
    • -->

I opted for Cobalion in the last slot. With Swords Dance and Steelium Z it is able to beat down Gliscor, which Zygarde appreciates, while also acting as a back up check to Dragon Dance Mega Altaria and Azumarill (if healthy). If you find this change to cut too deeply into speed control measures I recommend switching CB Zygarde for Choice Scarf Krookodile, although this change unfortuntately defies the theme of the team. Anyway, I'm confident that Cobalion will be able to pull the weight of your sleigh!
      Cobalion @ Steelium Z
      Jolly Nature
      - Iron Head
      - Close Combat
      - Swords Dance
      - Stealth Rock
    [*][*][*]
After using Cobalion and weighing the pros and cons, my end decision is to follow your suggestion and use him (Stealth Rock Scarfking anyone?). Ultimately Cobalion is a much better fairykiller than Nidoking, it's faster than pretty much all of them except Prankster TWave (Klefki, if you don't get it), which Sylveon & Moltres handle. However, the lack of speed control hurts, since I'm now weak to the annoyingly popular Hone Claws Aerodactyl. It's not as bad as Scizor and managable, so after Christmas I'll use Scarfed Krook and see how it goes.
  • Lastly, a minor seeming change but I highly recommend opting for a Rash nature over a Mild nature on Mega Abomasnow. With Starmie no longer available as a check to BD Azumarill, it becomes important to preserve Abomasnow in non-mega form. Check this out:

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 8 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 201-237 (62.2 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    +6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 8 HP / 0- Def Abomasnow: 224-264 (69.3 - 81.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

You will lose out on some special bulk but considering that this Abomasnow's choice of Grass STAB is Wood Hammer, you wouldn't want to recklessly switch it into the likes of Scald anyway. Additionally, Moltres is now tasked with switching into Serperior relieving pressure from Abomasnow. I hope you liked my christmas-inspired suggestions, let me know how they worked out for you. Happy holidays!

Done. Thanks so much for the rate, and Merry Christmas!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)