ORAS LC Don't pop the balloon (Peaked#1)

Hi Guys, I'm Vubon,most people know me as a LC enthusiast and like most people i'm also enthusiastic about Drifloon, the pokemon that has caught my interest and i present my humble efforts on the slgihtly unorthodox team i've made around Drifloon, using which i've peaked the LC ladder.

The plan was to pair Drifloon alongside a physical attacker and I loved Corphish

Chinchou was added to cover up for both Corphish and Drifloon's Electric Weakness

At this point i was weak to Grass types and i had alot of roles to fill but only had few limited slots left, I picked Foongus because it somewhat resists Grass types and is an additional Fighting/Fairy Check.

Drilbur was added for its typing and since it offered both Stealth Rocks and Rapid Spin.

Because he's Mienfoo.

The Team

Drifloon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 84 Def / 84 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Recycle
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Substitute

Love this set in and out, work of art and im well aware this needs to introduction, Subtitute shields Drifloon while it safely uses Will-O-Wisp to weaken the likes of opposing Pawniard,Mienfoo,Archen etc. or any other physical attackers that threaten Drifloon. Acrobatics is a useful STAB move and is the main damaging move of this set, Recycle lets Drifloon regain its Berry Juice after it has been consumed, which also triggers its ability Unburden which doubles Drifloon's speed and lets it outspeed any non-scarfed pokemon, in short play your cards right and watch the world burn down infront of your eyes.

Corphish @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Dragon Dance

Dragon Dance boosts Corphish's Attack and Speed, allowing it to sweep quite easily late-game. Crabhammer is its primary STAB move, doing tons of damage when backed by Adaptability and a possible Dragon Dance boost. Knock Off provides solid neutral coverage alongside Crabhammer and can be used to cripple switch-ins early-game. Aqua Jet gives Corphish more utility before it sets up and allows it to pick off weakened Choice Scarf or priority users after setting up

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 10 Spe
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick/Acrobatics

I can't recall a single team which i built that does not feature Mienfoo and that is not surprising at all since Foo is the star of the tier and an ideal addition to Volt-turn teams. I prefered the bulky set over the fast one on this particular team to be a reliable Pawniard switch in and it also enables me to perform a slower U-turn to gain momentum or trap a weakend mon with Diglett. Drain punch is the obvious STAB move that allows foo to regain health and deal damage at the same time, Knock off is essential for removing eviolites and berry juices from incoming switchins such as Spritzee,Snubbull,Foongus etc.
U-turn allows foo to pivot in and out of the field and its also good for scouting.

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Foongus is my primary Fighting and Fairy check and also Fairy killer. Sludge Bomb is foongus's main damaging move followed by Giga Drain which also heals Foongus in the process, Spore is to send a foe early to bed while HP Fire is to hit the likes of Pawniard/Ferroseed.

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 76 Atk / 36 Def / 76 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb

Having Stealth rocks and Rapid spin in the same pokemon was helpful and additionally Drilbur has a powerful STAB move in the form of Earthquake and Rock Tomb is to hit Flying types which are immune to Earthquake and it also lowers speed which comes in handy against fast mons.

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Heal Bell

Chinchou backs up Corphish and Drifloon by serving as the Electric resist. Volt Switch lets Chinchou deal decent damage while switching out of the field. I chose Scald over Surf or Hydro Pump because of the 100% accuracy(and obviously for the additional burn). Ice beam is coverage against Grass types and Heal Bell is to heal the team of statuses when needed.

Corphish @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Dragon Dance

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Heal Bell

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 10 Spe
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick

Drifloon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 84 Def / 84 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Recycle
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Substitute

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 76 Atk / 36 Def / 76 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)