ORAS OU Double Scarf Bulky Offensive Team

Hey guys. So me and my friend decided to build a team early hours of the morning because boredom and I'd love to see any improvements that can be made. My team building knowledge is slightly above average, my friend has way more experience than me lol. As each pokemon can obviously have a variety of setups I usually pick what mons i'd like and build sets around what mons I have. So here's just a quick look at the team then I'll get into the nitty gritty.

Now for the details:

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
Mega Gyarados makes up part 1 of 3 of the core of this team and is the teams primary wincon. The set itself is a pretty standard set to run. Dragon Dance acts as the boosting move allowing it to break through most opposing physical walls with ease. Waterfall and crunch act as Gyarados' main stab moves hitting anything that doesn't resist stupid hard. Ice fang is for that extra bit of coverage against Landorus-T, Garchomp, Serperior and Amoongus being the main targets. The ability before mega evolution is intimidate to cripple any physical attackers it switches into giving it a potential chance at a free boost. I particularly like Mega Gyarados due to its ability to fake out mons who predict a mega evolution.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
Landorus-T makes up part 2 of this teams core. I he works well with Mega Gyarados by switching into the electric, bug and fighting moves that he cannot take while Gyarados can switch into the ice and water moves which Lando can't take. Lando is my lead in the vast majority of battles. A scarf U-Turn on the first go allows me to gain the initiative by adapting my strategy based on which is their lead pokemon and whether or not they switch out. Earthquake and Stone Edge are standard moves on Lando while Knock Off offers more coverage, a more reliable way to hit Gengar, and the removal of an item.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 184 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
Zapdos acts as the final member of the core, acting as a reliable tank and a switch in for strong grass moves. Zapdos is the primary special wall of the group taking most neutral special hits with ease. Roost provides Zapdos with a reliable form of recovery in tandem with leftovers and Defog gets rid of hazards on the field. Volt Switch allows Zapdos to pivot out if need be and heat wave is good coverage against steel types bar Heatran.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
Here we have the teams second scarfer. This thing has got me out of more tight spots than the amount of hours I've spent watching anime (that's a lot btw). Overheat OHKO's all of the popular steel types including Scizor, Ferrothorn and Klefki. The main perk of this though is that it is great for catching weavile's off guard since they do a number on the team, but more on that shortly. Heatran typically acts as the teams secondary wincon and I try to keep him on the sidelines until late game to keep the element of surprise for as long as possible. Flash Cannon is a great answer for most fairy types, but most notably Mega Diancie who typically expects to outpace and OHKO with Earth Power. Earth Power and Stone Edge help with mons like opposing Heatran's and Talonflame's respectively. 228 speed EV's allow Heatran to outpace Mega Lopunny while the remaining EV's are placed in its bulk.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
I believe Amoongus to be incredibly effective at absorbing all kinds of hits with ease. Having an answer for Breloom is appreciated on pretty much any team really. The set itself is fairly standard. Spore being able to cripple whoever they send at him (as long as it ain't grass or overcoat) and adapt your strategy accordingly. Giga Drain provides semi reliable recovery alongside black sludge and sludge bomb is a powerful STAB moves for fairies. Hidden Power Fire allows Amoongus to take on others of his kinds as well as potential sweepers such as Excadrill.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell
- Moonlight
Clefable is arguably one of the best walls in the game, especially when combined with Unaware. I originally ran Magic Guard but then set up sweepers would usually make short work of the team (Cloyster in particular). I feel that Unaware better checks these mons. Clefable acts as the cleric and SR setter. While it may seem overwhelming for the poor thing it actually works out a lot better than it seems. Moonblast keeps Clefable from being Taunt bait while reliably checking Mega Sableye which is becoming increasingly popular. Moonlight provides reliable recovery outside of all whether but sun.

Weavile

As mentioned in the Heatran description, this team is vulnerable to Weavile with the only switch in being Clefable. If Heatran is able to take it by surprise then it obviously becomes a nighhtmare to deal with but most of the Weavile's I've encountered using this team I've been able to deal with.

Cloyster

Again, this was briefly addressed in Clefable's description. This thing was a threat back when I was running Magic Guard and since that game I ran Unaware and I haven't had too many problems with it but I thought I'd throw this out there.

Give the team a whirl and see how it goes :)

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 184 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast

I appreciate if you have taken the time to evaluate the team and I am open to criticism (pls be nice lol) and I hope you have fun using it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)