Battle Spot Doubles Follow Me Team

I did this a while ago, but I forgot to put descriptions on my Pokémon. I'm re-uploading this so people can see how I use this team.

Luna (Clefable) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unaware
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Follow Me
- Moonblast
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Clefable is the Follow Me user. It allows the other Pokémon on the team to set up stat boosts. The given ev spread and calm nature allows it to tank, and the situs berry adds longevity. Moonblast is mainly if your other Pokémon finished setting up and if there is a Dragon on the other team. Icy Wind lowers both opponents' speed stats, but odds are that Clefable will still have lower speed (Thunder Wave can alternatively be used, but it only hits one Pokémon at a time, and Ground types are immune). However, it allows other teammates to outspeed some threats.

EZ-Bake (Rotom-Heat) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Pain Split
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Rotom is mainly here for switch-ins and type coverage. It can tank decently well, and it has levitate. This prevents it from taking Earthquake from Landorus, making it another good pair to open with. Pain Split is for when Rotom gets low on health. Thunder Wave lowers speed, although Will-o-Wisp and also be used for physical attackers. Overheat is a strong STAB move, but it harshly lowers Special Attack. Volt Switch switches Rotom out and removes the Special Attack drop.

Quill (Chesnaught) (M) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

Chesnaught performs its best when with Clefable. With Substitute and Belly Drum, Chesnaught gains a free protection and maxes out its Attack stat, respectively. After both of these moves are used, it is left at 25 percent health. With the given EVs, the Salac Berry will activate, boosting his speed and allowing him to sweep effectively. Drain Punch and Seed Bomb will most likely OHKO, even if they're not very effective. Drain Punch can also recover health. With Clefable's Follow Me, it can set up undisputed, becoming a massive wall breaker and sweeper.

Swordsman (Aegislash) (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Iron Head

Many Pokémon can fill this slot for type coverage, but I put Aegislash here for Ghost types. King's Shield protects attacks and can potentially lower the target's Attack if they use a contacting move. Swords Dance boosts Attack, and if Clefable uses Follow Me, He can potentially get maximum Attack. Also, if a Ghost type hits Aegislash while setting up, Weakness Policy will activate, boosting Attack even more. Then Shadow Claw and Iron Head are main STAB moves. Adamant is run instead of Quiet just in case of a Trick Room team.

LandGuy (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Protect

Landorus is very good on this team. With Jolly nature and a Life Orb, it can outspeed many threats and still do a lot of damage. Earthquake is STAB and won't hit Chansey and Aegislash if they use Protect and King's Shield, respectively. Rotom also has Levitate, making it immune. Rock Slide and Superpower are run for coverage, and Protect is run just in case you need an extra turn for stalling out weather or Trick Room.

Cutlery (Scizor-Mega) (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Scizor is the Mega and is mainly for Fairies. With Jolly nature, it becomes decently fast, but nothing special. Swords Dance boosts attack and can be paired up with Follow Me. Bullet Punch is a powerful priority STAB move with Technician. Superpower is for a very powerful attack, and Bug Bite is Technician boosted and eats the opponent's berry. This is useful if you're facing a Pokémon that commonly runs a Sitrus Berry. It can also be used on Clefable if it's about to die and Scizor needs the health.

Clefable's Follow Me cannot protect Chesnaught from Heat Wave, especially from some of the biggest users of the move: Heatran, and Mega Charizard Y. Its great that you have Rotom H and to try and paralyze them, in the mean time, it might be good to give Chesnaught Spiky Shield somewhere in his moveset, or give Landorus a Choice Scarf to use Rock Slide against Zard, and Earthquake against tran before they can hit Chesnaught. There is a general big fire weakness on this team, so you might want to consider more mons that resist fire, like Milotic, which also provides some protection against Intimidate, thanks to its Competitive ability.

Thanks for the suggestions! However, Chesnaught needs all of its moves. Substitute and Belly Drum allow it to get the Salac Berry boost, while maxing out attack and making a shield. Drain Punch is for longevity and Seed Bomb is for types that resist Fighting. Other than that, you make some valid points. Aegislash isn't really important to the team, so I guess that I could replace it for Milotic. Landorus could also be good with a scarf, because when you switch it out, you get to pick an different move and you get another Intimidate. Thanks for the tips!

Also, just as an aside in general Doubles play, there is a move called Wide Guard, which prevents both of your Pokemon from taking any damage from spread-damage attacks (ie not Dark Void). Aegislash gets it as an egg move. But of course, it can't protect against single target fire moves. But yeah, you can block Heat Wave with it.

This seems interesting. Chesnaught is a nice mon not seen often. Do you manage to set it up often? That could be cool, but even then, is I really the best BD user to try to support? I mean Azu is way boring and Clef itself beng BD would ofc change a lot. But there are quite a few others. Snorlax is neat and essentially resists fire if you use Thick Fat. Charizard gets BD as well. That'd be weird on Y tho, and X is prolly better off SD, tho it doesn't even hve much place in doubles. Regular isn't much of a physical attacker. Anyways, not really what I was planning to say.

The first thing that stands out to me are the evs on Rotom-h. I don't really get why HP isn't just maxed out-that's always a priority in defensive Totoms cuz the petite base 50 HP. Spe there's no reason for so much, I don't think. For one its spreading paralysis, and then Clef has Icy Wind too. Even Rotoms without Spe control often don't run much Spe, so I doubt yours should. Also, with two opponents I think it's not that likely you'll wanna Volt Switch out since chances are you can hit at least one of them ok, so I like T-Bolt>Volt Switch. Also probably Protect>Pain Split cuz free Lefties turns and less situational.

Chesnaught doesn't want any HP evs-maybe move the 4 to Def. The reason is it makes its HP divisible by 4, so it can't make 4 subs and activate Salac(not that that shoud happen often, bu just in case. I doubt you lose any specific chance to live an attack that really matters.) Other than that seems fine, same with Aegi.

Landog doesn't seem like it needs max Spe. An Adamant nature would probably be better. You lose out on a few things, but te only realy important ones are 252 neutral Hydreigon and max Spe base 80s, and in both cases you can just Protect while your partner uses T-Wave/Icy Wind, or just switch.

I'm not sure if Scizor is really a good mega here, with the giant fire weakness. Fire is already a problem. That said, if you do keep it I think the Spe is excessive. Scizor ikes bulk investment since that lets it take some damage, and maybe even setup without Follow Me. Plus it has strong priority. I feel like Superpower should go. You have two strong sources of fighting coverage already, and Protect would be nice for Mega Evolving safely to get that slightly higher base Spe, and also just in general. There are other good moves tho, like Quick Guard, Knock Off, and even Light Screen and Rain Dance, th probably you wouldn't want those. Roost I think is ok, but I'm wary of it when you can and probabl will be double targeted and don't have Protect. Struggle Bug is a really neat move that hits both foes accurately, lowers both their SpAs, hits through subs, and even gets a Technician boost. Unfortunately it's a special attack, and I think your Scizor does too much with physical attacks to use special ones.

Anyways hopefully that's helpful or at least interesting. I'm not that great at doubles really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)