Doubles Teambuilding Shop V2 (DOU, DUU, DUbers building open)

I want Atago to sit on me

average seiyuu enjoyer
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Hammer Arm
- Sucker Punch

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Helping Hand
- Safeguard
- Trick Room
- Psychic

So here's a support Cress with Helping Hand and TR set up
Spamming Double-Edge with HH and having fun x3

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
The Cheesen One

Dialga @ Adamant Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 40 Def / 60 SpD
Brave Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Iron Tail
- Trick Room
- Protect

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Water Pulse
- Extreme Speed
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Foul Play
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Liepard @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Foul Play
- Fake Out
- Encore
- Fake Tears

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

This team is pretty unconventional but bear with me here.

I started with Dialga and needed to patch up the immediate Groudon weakness, so I added Primal Kyogre. Rayquaza came next for its great ability in Air Lock, allowing Kyogre to kill opposing Primal Groudon through Harsh Sun. Next I added Amoonguss to redirect attacks for Kyogre, spam Spore under Trick Room, and give me a check to Xerneas. I wanted Fake Out support to allow Dialga to set Trick Room more easily, so I went with Liepard. I chose Liepard over some other Fake Out user (e.g. Kangaskhan) for it's other great supportive options. Lastly I added Gengar to check Xerneas, Kangaskhan, and Groudon, and make predictions much easier by trapping my opponent's Pokemon.

I didn't stick with the Dialga set originally provided since it's, simply put, sub optimal. I tested a bunch of different ones including Shuca Berry, Life Orb, and others, but this is the one I settled on. This set lets you take a few hits but also has enough offensive presence so it doesn't become a momentum suck. Adamant Orb boosts the power of Dialga's attacks and doesn't have the drawback of recoil, unlike Life Orb. 252 HP and 40 Def EVs live one of Primal Groudon's spread Precipice Blades. The Attack EVs and Brave nature (combined with Adamant Orb) allow Iron Tail to OHKO Xerneas. I'm running Iron Tail because it's the only way to OHKO Xerneas, and although it has shaky accuracy I feel like it's a decent trade off since even if you miss you'd be 2HKOing it with Iron Head anyways. Draco Meteor OHKOs Mega Rayquaza with no investment, so I put the remaining EVs in Special Defense to take Kyogre's attacks better. Kyogre is running both Water Spout and Origin Pulse so even if it's been hit it can deal good damage. Rayquaza's EVs let it OHKO 252 HP Primal Groudon with Water Pulse. Amoonguss is running Foul Play to hit a wider range of targets than Giga Drain, but if you really wanted to check Xerneas harder you could run Clear Smog. Liepard has Encore to lock opponents into useless moves such as Fake Out, Protect, and Geomancy, while Fake Tears allows my special attackers to deal huge damage and pick up KOs that they otherwise couldn't have. Gengar's EVs outspeed Jolly Mega Rayquaza, with the rest dumped into HP for general bulky. I slapped HP Water onto the set because I wanted one more check to Groudon, although you can drop it for Shadow Ball if you want. If you do, you should probably run Max Speed to tie with opposing Gengar.

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
Build me a mega gard + ecadrill sand team pls
Ecadrill to beat all the fires and steels that gard does nt like. Gard to beat the fighting type that come at excad. Hippowdon preferred but you can use ttar or manual sand if you want

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Rafooa11

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Tailwind

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 124 SpA / 120 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 116 Atk / 140 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Gunk Shot
- Protect

I started out with Tailwind Salamence, arguably its best set and a favorite of mine, and from there it was thinking about stuff that can take advantage of the speed control. For this team, I went the Mega Diancie route, thinking that I can use its typing and good match-ups against lot of stuff in the metagame alongside Salamence's great coverage to break through opposing teams. I then included Aegislash as additional insurance versus Mega Diancie, Dragon-types, and Hyper Voice fairies since Salamence, one of the team's main offensive pieces, is weak to them; Aegislash also serves as a beneficiary of Tailwind and helps with the Jirachi and Landorus-T matchup a bit. At this point, I figured that I was a bit vulnerable to Heat Wave Fire-types Heatran and Volcanion, Talonflame, and Landorus-T (still); as much as possible, I didn't want to utlize Mega Diancie and Salamence as defensive answers, and Aegislash Wide Guard, by itself, wasn't going to cut it. This made me bring in Rotom-W, which checks all of what I mentioned and more. Since I was a tad bit Keldeo (and Water-type) -weak, I then included Amoonguss for the fifth slot. It also provides always-nifty redirection support and gives me more options against Trick Room. The last slot I was mostly going for whatever; I figured that I really wasn't really notably weak to anything more so I went with Hoopa-U, a strong attacker that takes advantage of Tailwind excellently. It can also take out Cresselia and the two notable redirectors in Amoonguss and Jirachi, improving my match-ups against the metagame more.

Most of the sets are standard. Mega Diancie's just the usual, EVd to do as much as it can with Diamond Storm while still getting the Bisharp OHKO with Earth Power. Salamence is the standard good stuff, not much to say. Aegislash runs enough Speed to outrun offensive Thundurus and the base 110+s under Tailwind; as a bonus, it also outruns minimum Speed Volcanion, but I woudln't recommend relying on that unless you really have to. The Rotom-W is specially defensive in order to deal with special attackers better, and I figured that I can just back it up on the physical side with Intimidate; it also outruns Adamant Choice Scarf Landorus-T under Tailwind. Thunder Wave is used because more speed control never hurts, and it helps Salamence and Hoopa-U mostly. The Amoonguss is physically defensive because fuck yeah and it's mostly used to take physical stuff like Mega Kangaskhan Fake Out anyway. The Hoopa-U spread is to outrun as much stuff as possible while still getting OHKOs on Amoonguss and Aegislash, while Gunk Shot is so that I can handily OHKO Fairy-types such as Sylveon and Azumarill if it hits.

Some stuff that could be changed are Hasty -> Naive on Mega Diance and Modest -> Timid on Salamence, but these are mostly superficial and don't really matter that much. You could change the Rotom-W spread, but I like the current spread on this team.

Some replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-418176869 - early version, Hoopa-U was slower and Aegislash was Safety Goggles
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-419418484

That's it, enjoy :pimp:

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
Hmm have you thought about changing Amoonguss to something else? I personally find that running tailwind and Amoonguss at the same time can feel rather awkward. Problem is you still need a rain check and stuff so idk... maaaybe loom?

also idk how I feel about Diancie without a fire-type

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Haven't really considered anything else, I personally think Amoonguss fits well there. Amoonguss is there for the support and ability to check stuff and TR anyway and not as an attacking piece, meaning that Tailwind thing doesn't matter much. I wouldn't really use Breloom, that thing can't play defensively which is what this team would like imo.

The no Fire-type thing is fine tbh, Salamence kind of fills that role well enough and I have a lot of coverage on this team that can still hit Steel-types such as Aegislash, Heatran, and Jirachi super effectively.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Sam-testings
Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Stone Edge
- Detect

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 28 Def / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 184 HP / 200 Atk / 124 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Natural Gift
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 196 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Sunny Day

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 216 HP / 164 SpA / 4 SpD / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Protect

There's a bunch of interesting things about this build but I think it's pretty solid. Started out with Mega Luke + Volcarona, since the requested Stone Edge set takes on Kang / Diancie / Zard, three of Volc's biggest fears. TWave seemed really frustrating so I initially wanted a Quick Guard user, but the only one that didn't clash with the first two members was Crobat and that lost pretty hard to Thundurus so it didn't help much. Ended up going towards the Lightning Rod route, considered Raichu but in the end Rhydon gave me a far better Lando-T matchup and I hadn't really used it much so I went for it. Needed an Intimidate user but Lando-T didn't really fit, Gyarados gave me a Water resist and really appreciated Lightning Rod so it was kinda perfect. At this point the Rotom-W check was the x button and my Trick Room checks were nearly non-existant, and since Volcarona also needed some redirection, Amoonguss was perfect. If I'm being honest I was pretty stuck on how to finish the team. I knew the last member had to be something that could beat Volcanion, and preferably something that had a decent AzuRachi matchup, and finally I settled on bulky Hydreigon.

Mega Luke has Iron Tail to deal with Mega Garde and Sylveon, the accuracy is pretty iffy but Flash Cannon 2HKOs anyway so even if you miss one it still gets the KO in the same number of turns. Next I filled out the Volcarona set, wanted Life Orb + Heat Wave since it was the team's primary wincon, and chose Giga Drain > Bug Buzz because I like healing back. Rhydon is the standard set, OHKOs Zapdos with Stone Edge, lives 2 Lando-T EQs, rest in SpD. For Gyarados I went a little bit crazy but I promise there's a reason. I knew I wanted a more offensive set and since it had Lightning Rod support + redirection, a Dragon Dance set seemed reasonable. Went for 224 Speed to outrun Modest Heatran although many are Timid these days, and then I had to choose the coverage move. Stone Edge seemed redundant with two other users of the move, and Keldeo was an issue outside of Amoonguss so I went for a Lum Berry + Natural Gift set, which has dual functionality: provides a STAB 80BP Flying-move, and protects Gyara from burns. You're basically clicking Waterfall every time anyway, so having a one-time use move as the coverage really isn't that harmful. For Amoonguss I went Sunny Day > Protect to help with the Rain matchup and support Volcarona because +1 LO Heat Waves in the Sun are suuuuuper strong. Spread lives Latios Psyshock with the rest in SpD, and Sitrus > Helmet because Amoonguss had a lot of pressure on it and appreciates the extra bulk. Hydrei outspeeds Breloom, OHKOs 56 HP Lando-T with Draco, then dumps in HP except for the last 4 which are in SpD to give Download P2 the wrong boost and preserve a LO number.

It's a pretty strange team but it's been effective in testing so hopefully you enjoy it! Sorry for the super long description lol

Last edited:
I'm fairly new to doubles with a long time experience from OU and even if i really appreciate the format, blizzard spam team of this thread and a self-made team that isn't particularly fun to use, i'd like to get a team with pokemons i like to use in this metagame and with a little bit more skillcap.
Being a long time Raikou fan, i tried him with assault vest similarly to OU and it worked better than expected so i would really appreciate if anyone can build a team featuring him and possibly sub-Heatran, Banded Gyarados and Aegislash but those three can be skipped as they don't seem to work well together based on my testing.

Here is the Raikou set:
Raikou @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Snarl
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I chose Extrasensory over Shadowball as i encountered quite a lot of Venusaur and relatively few Aegislash (and Snarl criples him anyway).

Thanks in advance

The Cheesen One

Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Hammer Arm
- Sucker Punch

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Helping Hand
- Safeguard
- Trick Room
- Psychic

meeee (Volcanion) @ Power Herb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Solar Beam
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Protect

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Def / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick Room
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

im proud of this team, and it's worked quite well in testing. the initial core is present, kangaskhan-mega+cresselia. hammer arm does what it does for kangaskhan, with the addition of beating other kangaskhans, having an easier time with heatran and ferrothorn. cresselia has a nice supportive set, and finds benefit most of the time while its on the feild. next up is volcanion, because i wanted both a water and a fire type on trick room, and finding both seemed a bit troubling. the solarbeam set is one i personally like to use, but feel free to run life orb substitute. sylveon works amazingly well with fire, with kangaskhan, and in trick room, and is another spdef wall, giving this team a u turn switch, and a very powerful offensive presence. it appreciates being on the feild with another strong sweeper. your second trick room setter is a bit shaky at its role because the first is so reliable. hoopa is destructive undertrick room, since they wont be tempted to stall out trick room turns with protect. this is a full physical set to maximize damage, and 44 def are supposed to let you live a keldeo secret sword. ferrothorn gives a f/w/g core (i guess?) and provides a fairy and kangaskhan switch in. its also the teams physical wall, even if this is doubles, so it pairs great with cresselia , making switch ins very smooth. its also amazing in trick room.

replays :
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-423454131 vs kylecole where the team just performs amazingly, with many powerful switch ins
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-423447248 vs rafooa (using talkingtree 's mega lucario squad) , doing well despite a key dodge
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-423439015 vs hiro where mental herb cresselia saves the day..turn 1 XP
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-423430550 vs qsns where we are testing shop teams. hoopa does hoopa things

btw talkingtree i noticed in my second replay with rafooa that lucario is better off with inner focus>justified as it scares kangaskhan so much

average seiyuu enjoyer
Dialga @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Trick Room
- Protect
- Flash Cannon

Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Hammer Arm
- Sucker Punch

zzz CorruptedOmega

I really prefer hyper offense with some bulk, and I was wondering if someone could craft me a team like that with a base point of Breloom+M-Diancie

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

&

Breloom (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Protect
i would really appreciate this!

average seiyuu enjoyer
Ye sry swb I suck so here's the new core

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Lugia @ Light Clay
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aeroblast
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Whirlwind

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
lugia is cool and all but uh I really don't think you should be using dedicated screens lugia, it's just way too passive to be useful. imo, lugia's best support options are twind, twave, skill swap, and sky drop. That kind of lugia might work alright paired with a water spout ogre, but tbh I'd rather use a more offensive setter like yveltal or ho oh or a better support mon in mew.

Every time I build my own teams, it just happens that I prefer to choose another mon over Kyurem-B or Hoopa-U, and simply never had the chance to competitively use them to their full potential. If possible, I'll like to request a team that utilizes these mons, and it does not necessarily need to be built around them. However, no Sun + Semi-Room, please. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Taking BlueSkiddoWeCanToo's request

AND done!

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Protect

Clefable @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Calm Nature
- Follow Me
- Moonblast
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Swampert @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 156 SpA / 56 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Icy Wind
- Wide Guard

Thundurus (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 200 HP / 32 Def / 180 SpA / 76 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Scrafty @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Atk / 44 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Quick Guard

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- Flamethrower

Began with Zard X + Clefable, as requested. The biggest issues I saw from here were Heatran, Mega Diancie, and Landorus-T, so Swampert was a fantastic fit. Wanted a ground-immune and something to check TR, as well as an answer to Azumarill, so I added an offensive-ish but still bulky Thundurus set. An Intimidate user and Kang switchin was the next thing to address, and while Landorus-T was my first choice, it kind of clashed with Swampert and made my potential choices for the last fairly limited. Ended up going with Scrafty instead and because it's 4am I gave it HJK before reconsidering. That also gives Zard more setup opportunities because of Fake Out support. At this point the team is quite weak to Fairy-types (although ZardX Flare Blitz OHKOes both), and in general pretty slow. Scarf Genesect was the only thing that really fit the bill, with Flamethrower because opposing Steels are so prevalent and Explosion/Tbolt didn't really fit. You could consider HP Ground > Flamethrower because Heatran is still pretty annoying and that still hits a few relevant things, but I like having a way to remove Ferrothorn that doesn't require your primary wincon losing 60% of its health due to recoil, Iron Barbs, and Rocky Helmet.

A few notes about sets/spreads, in the order that I came up with them:
-Clefable lives Timid ZardY Overheat in the Sun and Adamant Mega Kang Double Edge
-Swampert has Icy Wind so that Clefable can afford to run Helping Hand, and then Hydro Pump to OHKO Mega Diancie and Landorus-T (which Icy Wind cannot do)
-Swampert spread lives two Talon Brave Birds and two Latios Draco Meteors
-Scrafty spread lives Keld SS, rest in Atk, with Low Kick to OHKO Terrak and hit Kang/Heatran hard-ish
-Genesect spread is from the dex, outspeeds Jolly Scarf Lando-T and maxes out Atk, dump in SpA
-Thund set / spread was the hardest to settle on, tried out Charti at first but it wasn't quite bulky enough and the team had enough Mega Diancie answers. Spread OHKOes Lando-T / Keldeo, lives Jolly Mega Kang Double Edge or Timid Hydreigon Draco Meteor while still outspeeding Breloom

Team isn't super tested right now (I played one game), but you've been waiting a really long time so I'd rather give the team to you now and suggest potential edits later. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Test Bot #

Adamant Nature
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 192 Atk / 64 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 92 Def / 40 SpD / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 176 SpA / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Roost

So Mega Kangaskhan and Hoopa-U work really well together so that's what I went with, also FO is nice for Sub on Kyube. Hoopa spread is max Speed and OHKOes Aegislash with dump in Sp Atk. Still not too sure on what 3rd move is best, since it's rarely used, but Ice Punch is always nice for Landorus-T and hits Hydreigon. The Ferrothorn matchup isn't the best since no Fire move so you could go Fire punch if you want, but Ferrothorn isn't really that common and it's not unbeatable imo. Sub Kyube is great at destroying stuff, I'm a big fan of Timid since you outspeed non-scarfed Lando-T which is definitely more common these days, and you don't really miss the power too much since you hit stuff super effectively usually. I've heard of people using Expert belt for the OHKO on bulky Thundurus and 2HKO on Aegislash and Jirachi so that could be cool to try.

Scarf Landorus-T is standard, adds some immediate Speed, a Ground immune/defensive Lando-T check, and helps against sun. Jirachi does Jirachi stuff, FM is always nice and helps with PuP Kang/Sub Kyube as a wincon. Spread is by talkingtree iirc, outspeeds +Speed base 70s, lives Talon FB, KOes +1 Mega Diancie and dump in Sp Def. Zapdos adds another Ground immune and sets Tailwind for Kang/Hoopa/Kyube to destroy. Also considered Thundurus/Heattom but TW felt better for the team, haven't got around to trying them yet either way. Zap helps a bit with sun as well but the other options would be better for that. Considered Heat Wave for Ferro but it seemed like it would be dead weight otherwise.

Overall the team is decent imo, has a couple of iffy matchups (sun, ferro) but otherwise did well in testing. Still not completely sold on Zapdos, but the other possible changes to maybe try out would be the third move on Hoopa and Rachi, Ebelt Kyube, AV Lando, and Protect>Roost on Zapdos. Sorry this is super duper long lol, hope you're happy with the team and let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited:
Test Bot #

Adamant Nature
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 192 Atk / 64 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 92 Def / 40 SpD / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 176 SpA / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Roost

So Mega Kangaskhan and Hoopa-U work really well together so that's what I went with, also FO is nice for Sub on Kyube. Hoopa spread is max Speed and OHKOes Aegislash with dump in Sp Atk. Still not too sure on what 3rd move is best, since it's rarely used, but Ice Punch is always nice for Landorus-T and hits Hydreigon. The Ferrothorn matchup isn't the best since no Fire move so you could go Fire punch if you want, but Ferrothorn isn't really that common and it's not unbeatable imo. Sub Kyube is great at destroying stuff, I'm a big fan of Timid since you outspeed non-scarfed Lando-T which is definitely more common these days, and you don't really miss the power too much since you hit stuff super effectively usually. I've heard of people using Expert belt for the OHKO on bulky Thundurus and 2HKO on Aegislash and Jirachi so that could be cool to try.

Scarf Landorus-T is standard, adds some immediate Speed, a Ground immune/defensive Lando-T check, and helps against sun. Jirachi does Jirachi stuff, FM is always nice and helps with PuP Kang/Sub Kyube as a wincon. Spread is by talkingtree iirc, outspeeds +Speed base 70s, lives Talon FB, KOes +1 Mega Diancie and dump in Sp Def. Zapdos adds another Ground immune and sets Tailwind for Kang/Hoopa/Kyube to destroy. Also considered Thundurus/Heattom but TW felt better for the team, haven't got around to trying them yet either way. Zap helps a bit with sun as well but the other options would be better for that. Considered Heat Wave for Ferro but it seemed like it would be dead weight otherwise.

Overall the team is decent imo, has a couple of iffy matchups (sun, ferro) but otherwise did well in testing. Still not completely sold on Zapdos, but the other possible changes to maybe try out would be the third move on Hoopa and Rachi, Ebelt Kyube, AV Lando, and Protect>Roost on Zapdos. Sorry this is super duper long lol, hope you're happy with the team and let me know if you have any questions!

Oohh~

It looks like really cool team, Yoda! I'll test it out and tell you how it goes!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)