DPP information / resource thread.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I had some pretty major mostly content-free changes to the first post (I think I only added one new link, CardsOfTheHeart's Pokemon Resource). I reordered things, cleaned up links (as much as possible, it now links to the site instead of the forums, meaning it's the most up-to-date link possible), and did some reformatting. I probably did other stuff I forgot to mention.

Oh, I also removed a few dead links that have no existing version elsewhere.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi guys. About the damage calculator listed first:

http://ownpurpose.com/damage_calculator_test.php

I know I gave this link to a few of you, but it was a mistake on my part. I have a bunch of these ownpurpose links in my favorites, and I copied the wrong one.

Anyway, that link was a beta version with some calculation issues (along with other issues), so please refrain from using it if you are expecting 100% accuracy.

I can't even find the most recent version or the guy who made it, so for all intents and purposes, ownpurpose is a closed project right now :(

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I removed the link to that calculator. When attempting one calculation, the reported damage was nearly 50% of the actual damage.

I also cleaned up this list a lot. I did a huge amount of pruning (anything that is within 2 clicks of /dp/ was removed), and I'm looking to bring it down even more. My ultimate goal is to remove this thread (there are currently 8 stickies and 2 announcements...). To do this, I'm going to see what on I here I can turn into guides for the site. A lot of this stuff could be removed by updating the Stats Guide, so if you want to help with that, head on over to Contributions and Corrections and make some changes!

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
readded the libelldra calculator (formerly ownpurpose), as i have never gotten an incorrect output with it before or now. i have checked the damage formula i have on my ti-85 with X-Act personally and twice now, and output has always checked out between ti-85 and this calculator, so unless anyone can still find concrete output errors, that calculator is staying since it's the handiest i've ever used

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I would like to suggest the damage calc here for addition. The fact that it uses base stats for easy memorisation along with being able to cope with just about every possible battle situation and having extra features (variable base power move calculator, chance of KO), relatively small screen size, and general ease of use make it a great alternative to those listed.

Hmm
I ought to get a lot of flame for this
But I'd suggest NBS to be added to the battle simulators tab. Sure it's not as good as Shoddy (and I admit it being one of it's fiercest defenders, as you can check by my former posts...), or endorsed by Smogon. But this is a DP resouce thread afterall, and it should list it the same way DPBot is.

And for crying out loud, it's not a rootkit.

wow the hidden power legends thing is extremely useful...Ive been using stuff like HP fire 69 Latias rofl without knowing it could be fixed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)