DPP information / resource thread.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Dunno if someone has proven his before, but I have a triple flawless IV pokémon (HP-SATK-SPD), and he is "Alert to sounds". So, looks like when the pokémon has more than one highest IV, its characteristic will be random.

I picked up the Brady Games Pokedex for Diamond & Pearl, and it states that the trait Adaptability only raises your move's power when they are the same type as your OPPONENT, not yourself.

No one in the English-speaking world has tested Adaptability since it's JAPANESE RELEASE, so it'd be nice to finally get some confirmation on this. Especially considering the newfound doubt to it's effect that I've discovered.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
...What? Does it even make sense? If the move raised some PorygonZ the opponent is weak too, I'd understand, but... If the guide is right, Adaptability will only be good with Shadow Ball ._.

3rd party guides arn't to be taken seriously most of the times because alot of time they get info wrong

Well, actually, upon further inspection, it lists it both ways in two different areas of the book. I'm not sure which is right at this point...

If the boost depends on yours or your opponent's type... that's the question.

Still, no one's tested this damn ability in all these months. All we've been going on is the in-game description.

Well, I was disappointed at how much it did to a Steelix one time, just about half damage, I realise he's resistant to it, but Steelix's special defence is pathetic, and my Porygon-Z's is 405.. so yeah, shoulda done more..

Anyone got two guys with the same defence but one is normal and one isn't?

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
HP: floor((base + (iv / 2) + floor(ev / 8 ) + 50) * level / 50) + 10
OTHER: floor(floor(((base + (iv / 2) + floor(ev / 8 ) * level / 50) + 5) * nature)
Those produce the wrong stats, unfortunately. :[

Here is the correct formula. It can actually be written as one formula for both HP and the other stats. :]

Stat = floor((floor((Base * 2 + IV + floor(EV / 4)) * Level / 100) + Num) * Nature)

where:

Base = Base stat
IV = IV for that stat
EV = EVs for that stat
Level = Current level for that Pokemon
Nature = 1.1 if the nature boosts the stat, 0.9 of the nature hinders the stat, and 1 otherwise
Num = Level + 10 if the stat is HP, and 5 otherwise.

I see you've done the Pokédex in evolutionary style- I'd prefer one in normal and one in evolutionary, if that isn't too hard to do.
Or I could do it, I suppose.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
TXT Pokédex, White Cat style. (also in Portuguese)
I've searched around and haven't found anything like that for DP, so I whipped one up. Also consolidates a few topics already researched.

And I know, I'll fix the egg steps later.
Thank you thank you thank you! I'm quite fond of his style, as the text document version is very quick and easy to search in.

BTW - Armando Meziat is a name I've heard before. Were you perhaps an Azurian?

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
If someone finds a downloadable D/P Damage calculator, please post a link to it here. MetalKid´s download is great, but the damage calc. isn´t working yet.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If someone finds a downloadable D/P Damage calculator, please post a link to it here. MetalKid´s download is great, but the damage calc. isn´t working yet.
I could make one, since I (almost) know the formula for DP. However, the formula isn't finished yet. I need to find where the following multipliers are:
  • Type Boosting Items
  • Overgrow, Blaze, Torrent boosts
  • Sunny Day and Rain Dance boosts
  • Light Screen / Reflect dividers
As soon as I discover these, the DP damage formula would be ready.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I have no idea how much trouble it is to make one... but I´d like to have one even if it didn´t include those 4 items. I just need it for basic damage calcs to draw general conclusions about how to EV pokemon effectively... information about the less common damage multipliers normally isn´t considered when making generalizations about how to best spend EV´s.

If it is a huge pain to make one, don´t worry about it because I wouldn´t want you to have to make it twice once you got the new info. But if it isn´t too much trouble, it would be a great help!

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don´t know whether I should make a separate topic or if anybody cares, but I´ve found a few things about the experience you get from battles...

1. there is a difference between pal parked PKMN exp. boost and and an ingame trade PKMN exp. boost

2. the experience formula is slightly different from what I found everywhere else, it´s NOT

EXP. = (((Base Exp x L)x B x T) : 7)
L = enemy Pokémon's level
B = 1 if enemy is a wild Pokémon; 1.5 if enemy is a trainer's Pokémon
T = 1 if your Pokémon has the same ID number as your character; 1.5 if your Pokémon was obtained through a trade

but IT IS

EXP. = ((((base experience * level) /7 ) * B) * E) * T
-> the result is rounded down after each step
B = 1 if foe is a wild PKMN, 1.5 if foe is a trainer´s PKMN
E = 1.5 if your PKMN is holding a lucky egg, otherwise 1
T = 1.5 if your PKMN is Pal Parked (traded), 1.7 if your PKMN is from an ingame trade (!), otherwise 1

I´m still not sure about the order of B and E, but they give the same boost, which means that you´d get the same results even if * E was before * B

PROOF (D/P tests): some of these numbers would not be accurate if you applied the first formula
wild lv. 16 bibarel (base exp. = 116)

normal experience: 265
pal parked PKMN experience: 397
ingame trade PKMN experience: 450

normal experience while holding a lucky egg: 397
pal parked PKMN experience: 595
ingame trade PKMN experience: 674

trainer lv. 40 chatot (base exp. = 107)

normal experience: 611
normal trainer experience: 916
normal trainer experience while holding lucky egg: 1374
pal parked PKMN trainer experience: 1374
pal parked PKMN trainer experience: 2061

trainer lv. 40 roselia (base exp. = 152)

normal experience: 868
normal trainer experience: 1302
ingame trade PKMN trainer experience: 2213
ingame trade PKMN trainer experience while holding lucky egg: 3320

we should be able to compile a base exp. list just from experience you get from a battle...chansey/blissey has the highest base exp. (255), maybe you know, maybe you don´t, but

the highest possible experience from one KO is 12 291 exp. points (13 929 with an ingame trade PKMN), it comes from a foe trainer chansey/blissey level 100, your PKMN must come from a trade and hold the lucky egg...compared to for example gyrados (214 base exp.), you´d get max 10 315 exp. points for KOing it under the same circumstances

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I wonder if anyone noticed this, but a different language pokemon receives more EXP than the one with the same language.

I used Magnezone (Japanese, from a trade, NOT pal parked from the other person), Cresselia (English, from a trade) and Garchomp (mine) to test this:

They battled a Kricketot. I switched them around until all 3 gets to see the Kricketot, and then Cresselia destroyed it.

Here are the results:

Magnezone got 15 EXP
Garchomp got 10 EXP
Cresselia got 17 EXP

EDIT: My game is Japanese

Metalkid's IV calculator has an error on it. I put up a Golbat thats level 45 with 135 HP and the "Scatters things often" trait and it kicked back an Illegal HP response (the IV is actually 28 ).

Can't think of a better place to put this. =/

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
This was found by Tycho, not me, but I think it should be added to this thread : http://mewn.psupedia.info/Pokemon/BTMovesets.htm

Every single moveset used in the Battle Tower of Diamond and Pearl. The EVs are a little vague, but other than that it's a great list, and accurate as far as I can tell. Also, the numbers will tell you which trainers can use the Pokémon, but the list for that is not yet in English as far as I know.
I'd assume the EVs are 255/255 if two stats are listed and 170/170/170 if three are listed. That's how it worked in the Emerald Battle Frontier, at least.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
actually, I´m rewriting that list into a more user friendly one (for myself), almost the same as my battle frontier max stats database...but I don´t know how long it will take as I´m busy with all the researches (maybe if one person would do one letter...)

something like this...I don´t think the nature is important when you have the stats, the #numbers are from the list, so the last two informations will be eventually deleted

AERODACTYL 1, leftovers, 301, 246, 208, 140, 228, 338, swagger, attract, rock slide, roost, #443, careful
AERODACTYL 2, yache berry, 301, 339, 166, 140, 186, 359, giga impact, crunch, rock slide, earthquake, #579, adamant
AERODACTYL 3, king´s rock, 301, 309, 166, 140, 186, 394, rock slide, iron head, ice fang, thunder fang, #715, jolly
AERODACTYL 4, choice band, 301, 309 (463), 166, 140, 186, 394, earthquake, iron head, stone edge, dragon claw, #851, jolly

AGGRON 1, chople berry, 281, 319, 396, 140, 156, 218, rock polish, iron head, headbutt, dragon rush, #463, jolly
AGGRON 2, shuca berry, 344, 350, 396, 140, 156, 136, stone edge, avalanche, payback, earthquake, #599, adamant
AGGRON 3, quick claw, 281, 350, 396, 140, 219, 136, iron tail, stone edge, earthquake, sandstorm, #735, adamant
AGGRON 4, quick claw, 344, 350, 396, 156, 156, 122, stone edge, iron head, shadow claw, earthquake, #871, brave

ALAKAZAM 1, iron ball, 293, 122, 168, 348, 206, 276, psycho cut, disable, recover, trick room, #401, modest
ALAKAZAM 2, colbur berry, 251, 136, 168, 381, 248, 248, psychic, calm mind, shadow ball, future sight, #537, quiet
ALAKAZAM 3, sitrus berry, 251, 122, 126, 369, 206, 372, psychic, shadowball, charge beam, energy ball, #673, timid
ALAKAZAM 4, brightpowder, 251, 122, 126, 369, 206, 372, psychic, shadow ball, energy ball, focus blast, #809, timid

ALTARIA 1, petaya berry, 333, 176, 258, 196, 246 196, take down, pluck, perish song, protect, #404, careful
ALTARIA 2, white herb, 354, 158, 216, 262, 246, 196, draco meteor, hyper beam, ice beam, flamethrower, #540, modest
ALTARIA 3, dragon fang, 333, 218, 232, 193, 246, 196, dragon dance, dragon pulse, dragonbreath, dragon claw, #676, mild
ALTARIA 4, chesto berry, 354, 176, 216, 158, 309, 196, dragon dance, dragon claw, earthquake, rest, #812, jolly

AMBIPOM 1, brightpowder, 333, 236, 231, 140, 210, 266, double team, baton pass, agility, double hit, #393, impish
AMBIPOM 2, wise glasses, 291, 212, 168, 217, 210, 308, shadow ball, thunderbolt, swift, nasty plot, #529, modest
AMBIPOM 3, life orb, 291, 305, 210, 140, 168, 308, double hit, shadow claw, brick break, screech, #665, adamant
AMBIPOM 4, metronome, 291, 299, 168, 140, 168, 361, last restort, fake out, protect, agility, #801, jolly

With regard to the battle tower:

After a few hours of screwing around with PHP to process a few input files thrown together (the crude BT sets from the aformentioned page and another with all base stat information), I have this for you all to use:http://133780x.argentosonline.com/BattleTowerStats.html

It is VERY crude right now, since its... about 3 in the morning X_x; I'll clean it up a bit later, and make it prettier, etc, but its all there.

There might be a few mistakes though, so if something looks out of place, let me know =S

Edit: I just noticed that there are a few in the list that are... how shall I say it... extremely fubar, like Croagunk for example. This is due to the file that I originally took the Base stats from did not have a few pokemon listed >_>;; I'll fix all of these instances later today... same as making the whole thing look better.

Edit: Fixed that problem. All stats should be correct now, since I added the base stat data for the pokemon that I didn't have the data for previously.
On a similar note, does anyone know the types of Wormadam that appears in the battle tower? I have a hunch that it is just the Grass/bug type ones, but I don't know. That's just about the only ambiguous thing from the data that I have been able to find to use to build this list.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It seems that Armando Meziat's text Pokedex was forgotten about in the last update. It's very organized, and I find it far easier to use than Serebii's 'dex because you can scroll through each Pokemon very quickly, Ctrl+F to search for a move, and without having to wait for a page to load each time.

http://www.upokecenter.com/games/dp/guides/

This site has a complete list of all the battle tower pokemon with EVs/moveset/Item/nature, the list of trainers, a complete list of Fling damges, a complete list of Natural gift damages, a complete Attack list with all efects, a priority list for D/P and more. I only found it 5 mins ago on google and I already love it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)