DPP NU Analyses

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Some history and a goal: DPP NU was not a recognized official tier on Smogon when we were in the DPP generation, beyond its use in most accurately tiering all Pokemon. In order to fill out the Dex, and with UU recognized as an official tier, the analyses for NU Pokemon at that time were written for DPP UU.

DPP NU did exist however, and had quite a following both on Smogon and on Project NU, though mostly the latter. Project NU even took steps to work on suspecting and banning a couple of the top threats, namely Espeon and Entei.

As time has gone on, Project NU itself is dead. However, the concept of what we write analyses for, and the recognition of tiers on the whole within Smogon has changed. Because of this, we are beginning to give the due recognition deserved for the lower tiers of past generations, including writing analyses for them.

This project's main goal, led by myself and Honko, and probably mostly done by us as well, is to write the analyses for the DPP NU Pokemon for the DPP NU metagame. Eventually we will be able to delete the DPP UU analyses on the Dex that were written for the sole purpose of providing information on what the NU Pokemon were expected to do if seen in UU.

How this will work: We will be focusing primarily on the important Pokemon in the DPP NU metagame and then if we still have motivation to do so, move on to the less useful Pokemon. If you're interested in helping, feel free to reserve a Pokemon from the list below, myself and Honko will then provide input and approve when we feel that it's ready. After our approval it will move to GP and then uploaded onsite. One of us will have to approve no matter what, even though we may add more people to an approval list.

A word of caution: Do not try to contribute to this project without an actual base knowledge of the metagame. Few people play this metagame regularly, and we know most of the people that do. It'll be very very apparent if you know what you're talking about when posting an analysis.

List of Pokemon - priority:
High:
Charizard
Jynx
Medicham
Tauros

Mid:
Haunter
Magmortar
Regirock
Skuntank
Slowking
Vileplume
Gardevoir
Gligar
Hitmonchan
Hypno
Lickilicky
Manectric
Nidoqueen
Sandslash
Cacturne
Floatzel
Meganium
Quagsire
Whiscash

Low:
Drifblim
Electrode
Gastrodon
Golem
Grumpig
Hippopotas
Lapras
Ninetales
Politoed
Rhydon
Shiftry
Snover
Typhlosion
Venomoth
Victreebel
Cradily
Dodrio
Dusclops
Electabuzz
Glalie
Golduck
Gorebyss
Magneton
Piloswine
Pinsir
Poliwrath
Walrein
Camerupt
Jumpluff
Linoone
Mantine
Marowak
Porygon2
Regice

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
While it's not a bad cause to write DPP NU analyses, it seems a bit overboard to remove old, valid UU analyses if they're relevant (Tauros, weather starters and abusers...). I assume that you won't make a complete removal just because, but just making sure...

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
We won't remove UU analyses for all NU Pokemon, only for Pokemon that suck in UU but were given UU analyses anyway because we wanted every fully evolved Pokemon to have an analysis, like Vileplume, Hitmonchan, Sandslash, and Persian. Relevant Pokemon like Tauros, Hippopotas, Snover, etc will of course keep their UU analyses.

Reserved by me: Regirock, Tauros, Hypno, Golduck

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)