ORAS UU Dragon Fairy Steel team

Introduction

This team is built around hydreigon sylveon and cobalion as a dragon fairy steel core. The idea is that the opposing team is worn down by stealth rocks and hydreigon/sylveon, and eventually are weak enough that mega abomasnow can swords dance up and use ice shard.

The Team

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost
Hydreigon is one of the best pokemon in the teir, and levitate and dark typing give it two useful immunities. Ideally, you switch is in to anything without powerful fighting, fairy, or ice moves, and use an effective move to begin wearing it down. Roost is there to help deal with life orb damage, and fire blast because this team lacks a fire type pokemon.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball
Sylveon is the second part of the dragon fairy steel core. I run it as a choice specs attacker with pixilate hyper voice, psychic for poison or fire types, hp fire because this team lacks fire coverage, and shadow ball for psychic types or ghost types. Like hydreigon, its there to just do as much damage to opposing mons as possible before it dies.

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
Cobalion is actually a pretty new addition to the team, I used to have doublade for the priority and fighting/normal immunity. However, I found I was loosing a lot of momentum switching pokemon out, and cobalions volt switch helps with that, while still providing many resistances and a poison immunity. I ran him with flash cannon to deal with fairy types, focus blast for dark and normal types, and taunt for some utility against sweepers or hazard setters. Bring cobalion in on a poison move or something he resists, and then volt switch out to gain momentum.

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
Ideally, you bring Abomosnow out latish game, get a swords dance or two, and then ice shard everything. This means you have to get rid of ice resists before attempting to sweep, as ice shard won't do anything to them. I also have seed bomb to deal with water types, and earthquake for steel and electric types. I gave it soundproof so you can switch it into a hyper voice from sylveon or heliolisk for free.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray
I needed a rapid spinner as mega abomosnow is weak to rocks, in addition to a fire check. scald burns wear down the opposing team, as do toxic spikes. Acid spray allows you to stop sweepers like suicune, or force out tanks. [/FONT

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
Swampert also helps deal with the fire weakness, and also the ground weakness my team has. Stealth Rocks are here to wear down the opposing team for abomosnow. Waterfall and Earthquake are good stab options. Stone edge is for birds (often defoggers) that come in to clear out the rocks.

Conclusion

As I said, doublade was recently replaces with cobalion. Ideally this will give the team more momentum to get threats in and do work. It has some issues with ground types. Thanks for reading, this is my first team post.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
How do you do bud, I saw your team and had a few tips I thought I could share with you to make your team a bit more optimal.

-So to start you off my man I saw your hydreigon set and was like "why is this dude a hasty nature when he doesnt have any physical attacks?", I also noticed your team may appreciate a mon who can serve as speed control as the fastest thing on your team was cobalion:

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

• Now cobalion being the fastest thing isn't necessarily a bad thing, however you were lacking switch ins to mons like tornadus who could honestly just stay in all game and claim kill after kill, so to mitigate that we can make this hydreigon a scarfed variant and change up sylveon to support this type of build as well (ill go over it next). A timid nature is used since you dont want to be lowering hydreigons amazing defences just to do like an extra 3% with u-turn, the only time we use those type of natures is when we run mixed sets.
-Next we can fortify your teams match ups a lot better by giving you a cleric since this team is already looking like a decent balance:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Heal Bell

• Cleric sylveon will offer your team a much more effective fighting switch in since originally a scarf shao could 2hko/1hko everything on your team quite easily with rocks up meaning you had no switch ins for it. The wish will allow you to support your bulky mons such as aboma, coba, and hydreigon who can be used to take on offensive threats with their natural bulk and typing alone.
-With that we kind of removed some of the pressure your team was giving off so in order to fix that I did this:

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Taunt / x-scissor / stone edge / volt switch

• Coba as a special attacker was mostly a meme that only kind of worked with calm mind and even then it worked entirely on surprise factor and relies on focus blast to take care of a lot of what it counters making it a really bad idea overall. If we switch this coba to a physical variant with SD it can become a powerful threat to the opponent in a single turn, and with pert as your rocker your last slot is free for honestly whatever move you like to support your team.
-With your aboma spread I just wanted to give you an opinion of mine its up to you whether you take this one or not:

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

• One of the biggest issues with SD aboma is switching in on water types and trying to SD, the problem with this is that people are ....well "good" players and will spam scald and have a very decent chance to burn you. So what I like to run on my physical or mixed aboma is max speed in order to out speed mons like 0 speed empoleon or swampert and try to minimise the amount of times someone is going to click scald on you. I also switched seed bomb to wood hammer since lets face it, aboma isnt a mon who comes in multiple times in a game so if you get a chance to slam something with damage you really want to nuke it.
-Next I saw your cruel spread and wanted to switch it like so:

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray

• I looked at your team, and man you have a perfectly fine matchup with krook and entei you really dont need to run speedy tenta on this team. This spread will allow you to deal with infernape a lot more safely with your added bulk and allows you to outspeed mamoswine (which you dont kill with scald from full however you are usually in a position to pick it off) which you dont want getting free turns even if you do have shuca cobalion and swampert. This also gives you a better match up to sylveon since the hp will allow you to take hits better.
-lastly your swampert set was a little odd, the extra attack with pert can take people by surprise but I mean the mons they switch into all variants of pert deal with this set perfectly fine as well so why bother with the attack?:

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

• This way you can now check mons like mega aerodactyl and entei a lot better since with wish support this mon can be supported a lot easier since its invested bulk will keep it a lot more sustainable with lefties in the long run of games. Scald will allow you to be a lot less passive since even if an opponent attempts to switch the mon you are countering out you can still score a burn on something else. The roar allows you to remove mons who are becoming a problem for you since otherwise a bunch of things can setup on you freely without fear of being phased once they see you dont carry it.
Good luck with the team dude I love aboma, its just a tad bit hard to fit on teams. You probably want x-scissor over taunt on your coba since your celebi match up is looking iffy, you can also just make your aboma mixed with blizzard instead of SD to fix that celebi for good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)