Dream World CCAT (Signups for laddering!)

Skarmory
Keldeo
Manaphy

I would prefer gliscor to skarmory but it was not nominated. chandy is gona fire bast a skarmory, even in the rain, so with shedshell thats a free switch and setup for terrakion.

OTR Bronzong
Skarmory
Keldeo

And Keldeo wins the vote by 4 points! Welcome aboard Keldeo!

Meloetta @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Thunder
- Hidden Power Ice

+

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Grass
- Perish Song

+

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

+

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Secret Sword

So right now, we have Substitute Keldeo and the rest of our team. What do we lack? Well at the moment, Electric-types run rampant against us and we can't do much to stop them. Breloom also seems pretty troublesome if it can ever get a chance to set up against us. Please do not nominate things like Sharpedo or Manaphy, as they only compound our weaknesses to these Pokemon. Raikou can probably destroy us, Manaphy can as well unless we rely on our offensive pressure to keep it away. I suggest we get a bit of a defensive presence. We also need hazards. Something that would probably do us a ton of good right now is Birkal's Ferrothorn set that was posted earlier.

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD | 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

However, this would also compound our weakness to Breloom, which we would need something else to help out against. Does anyone have experience with rain Chandelure? I know V0x and some others had tested it out once, but it seems quite intriguing, and if it works, maybe our team can benefit from it! It would provide a great switch-in for Breloom provided that something gets sacked to Spore, and it could also get time for a surprising setup. Anyways guys, go wild! Nominations for Pokemon number five start now!

Celebi @ Shed Shell
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 68 SpA / 84 SpD / 104 Spe
Calm nature
- Psychic
- Leaf Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

Celebi provides a good defensive backbone and can set up Stealth Rock which the team currently lacks. Celebi also stops the threats to the team: Breloom, powerful Electric-types and rain teams with powerful Water-types. Even Jolly Breloom is outsped by this Celebi and OHKOed with STAB Psychic while Celebi resists both Mach Punch and Bullet Seed and can shrug off a Spore with Natural Cure. Electric-types and Water-types both have their main STAB resisted and get hit hard by a powerful STAB attack. Shed Shell is there to avoid getting trapped by Chandelure. The EVs look a little weird; the Speed EVs outspeed even Jolly max Speed Breloom, the Special Attack EVs guarantee the KO on offensive Politoed without Stealth Rock, and the rest is used to maximize special bulk.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248HP / 84 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash/Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard

Mamoswine solves most of the identified problems in one package. Stealth Rock provides the team with hazards, neutralising the threat of sun teams (not that they're a problem) and Dragonite. The EVs allow Mamo to outspeed Max Breloom and either OHKO with Icicle Crash/Spear or 2HKO with Ice Shard if you fear the Mach Punch. Electrics are also handled with the immunity to their STAB, and resistance to BoltBeam provided by Thick Fat. As a plus, it handles Dragons nicely, has priority and doesn't get slaughtered by Genesect. Unfortunately, Mamoswine can't do anything to Manaphy, but nobody is perfect.

Obviously someone could come up with better EVs. This spread beats Breloom and gives maximum bulk whilst retaining the ability to hit hard.
For example, there is an 87.5% chance to OHKO Standard OU Mixed Ttar after rocks.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 92 HP / 164 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Dragon Pulse / Surf
- Recover

Opposing Keldeos and Water-types seem to hurt us a lot just as much as Electric-types. There is no way in hell is Keldeo ever getting past the magnificent specimen known as Latias. She can easily switch in, Calm Mind once or twice and then just lay down death with Psyshock. Latias can also easily set up on other rain team Pokemon, such as Zapdos, Politoed, Rotom-W, as well as being a pretty fine check to Breloom.

The EVs allow Latias to always OHKO Keldeo with Psyshock at +1, and you can always just CM up in its face, so you don't really need to OHKO at +0. It also makes sure that can actually OHKO 0/0 Dragonite after SR at +0 with Dragon Pulse, unlike the standard OU set on-site. However, if you don't like the Psyshock / Dragon Pulse coverage, Surf could go over Dragon Pulse to abuse the rain, I suppose.

i think we should go hyper offense. that said....

serperior@leftovers
trait: timid
4 def / 252 sp.atk / 252 spd
-substitute
-leech seed
-leaf storm
-hp rock/ice (i was thinking fire but this is a rain team. maybe water? lol)

now we can come in on electric attacks. similarly:

raikou@leftovers
trait:timid
252 hp / 4 def / 252 spd
-substitute
-calm mind
-thunder
-hp ice

this is a beast. we can also go with a more offensive spread. ability is volt absorb, obviously

Latias is actually a really great idea, considering that it patches up our weaknesses to breloom, Keldeo, and (kinda) electric types. Latias also benefits because steel types have a really hard time against the rest of the team, between melo, Keldeo, and terrakion. Ps manaphy still pretty much beats us if it sets up, but that's easily fixable with our last Pokemon.

Just hopping in to say that the deadline for nominations is on Friday at noon EST.

Also I'd like to point out that Latias is probably my favorite nomination because it fixes a ton of our problems. It also gives us a bit of bulk which is amazing for this fast-paced team, and I think it would make a great addition. Anyways, keep on nominating stuff, people! (Also we do still need hazards, so keep that in mind, guys)

Well if we want hazards now, we could always try something that fixes some of our preexisting weaknesses; we can always renominate Latias later if we feel that hazards are of greater precedence than checking a few threats.... I still feel that we should put Latias somewhere on this team, sooner or later! That said, if we're choosing a hazards setter over Latias, probably the best idea at this point would be Tomohawk9's suggestion of Celebi, since it really does stop most Electric-types in DW; I would like to see Earth Power on there somewhere, since otherwise CM Raikou will walk all over us. To that end I think we *might* be able to get away with not putting recover on Tomohawk9's Celebi spread, but Leaf Storm might also be disposable.... really a bad case of 4MSS here, since depending on what we don't have on Celebi :/ However, the general idea of a Tinkerbell-esque set is great!

So, just thinking here, does this team want just Stealth Rocks for standard hazards, or does it want to abuse forcing switches with Stealth Rocks and Spikes? I imagine deciding that factor could help in figuring out just what the team needs.

For the Stealth Rocks, I thought the idea of Celebi was well fitting for the team. Helps with Breloom and gives the team a Grass type to work with.

Alright it's time to vote! Here are the nominations:

Ferrothorn
Celebi
Mamoswine
Latias
Serperior (
...)
Raikou

Seriously though, the team is beginning to shape up! Remember, vote for your 3 favorite suggestions and we'll tally 'em up at the end of this week. Something I'd like to say is that so far I'm liking Celebi and Latias, just like NatGeo -- they fix up a ton of problems that the team had and they're no slouches offensively. I'm definitely nominating the one that isn't voted, that's for sure! :d

Latias -this is kinda obvious, and the advantages have already been stated, but I'll say them again; it beats the poop outta pretty much every Keldeo with Psyshock, and it can go toe to toe with every major Electric type and do fairly well (Raikou is beat to my knowledge unless Specs Shadow Ball, and Thundurus is at least crippled :D )
Celebi - I already stated my reasons here :P
Ferrothorn - if we use this, it will give the team a bit of a backbone, but at the cost of a lot of momentum, so much so that it might not even be worth it... :/ basically it would almost turn this team into a balance team, which is not what we're aiming for, is it? :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)