SM OU Druddigon in OU? ... yup

Hello again everyone! I have moved on from cancer rain and have been enlightened by the power that is this team here. Although still new and has underrated mons it can punch holes in other teams.

Druddigon (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Glare
- Taunt
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Imo the most underrated suicide lead. Only reason I chose this mon is because not a lot of people expect it, its in NU. Glare first to paralyze anything, sash let’s me survive the next turn to set up rocks, if I live again just keep roaring/glaring to cripple the enemy team until I get KO’d. Mold Breaker over rough skin to guarantee a paralyze and rocks on Mega Diancie or anything with magic bounce. 252 HP for survivability and 252 spe to outspeed most of the tier after glare.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Spikes
- Dark Pulse

Not much to say with this set. If whatever fought druddigon is still up then I take advantage of its paralyze to get an early Battle Bond up. If they decide to switch out they must face a Specs-boosted Hydro Pump or Dark Pulse. Not sure if I should maybe take off dark pulse because I already have Knock Off and Sucker Punch on Bisharp. Spikes helps wear down mons that Bisharp might need help with.

Bisharp (M) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

I only recently started using Bisharp and its amazing. At +2 a Bisharp is no joke. Iron Head is for the Fairy types that like to harrass Greninja and Latios. Lando-T cant switch in freely or use defog because it might boost Bisharp's attack even more, same goes for Latios and Pelliper. Knock off is for pokemon that rely on their items such as choice or eviolite users or to just destroy anything else.

Latios-Mega @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Defog

With greninja and bisharp I knew I needed something to resist fighting types. I first tested with regular Latios and Mega Pinsir, but I ran into Magearna and could not kill it without risking Greninja taking a Fleur cannon or t-bolt. This set specifically deals with Magearna/Heatran/T-tar by using EQ. If I run into sticky webs defog is there. Psychic is the main stab and takes out mons like Toxapex.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 0 Spe
- Transform

Very overlooked Pokemon. I have countered trick Room and swept by transforming into boosters like Kartana or by fighting fire with fire, for example Heatrans that run Earth Power, Landos w/ HP Ice, Blacephalon, and Zygarde. With this I scout out the enemy's moves to make the right predictions. I use it mostly as a revenge killer. Mega Pinsir's that run Return fear for their lives, ferrothorns cant do anything, and if a Magnezone tries to trap Bisharp you already know whats going to happen. The IV's give it HP gorund while also trapping the opposing Magnezone. Credits for this set go out to ZoldPGL

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

To be honest I had no idea what to run here. I just chose Lele to give Latios a boosted Psychic and for the HP fire to dela with Kartanas and Scizor's. T-bolt allows me to switch into any water/flying types that are able to KO Druddigon. I am open to suggestions on how to replace this mon.

After testing for a few days like I said I changed the Latios set and replaced Pinsir with Lele. Opposing Greninjas can be tough to deal with if Lele is down. I do realize that I need to be wary of not using sucker punch and water shuriken if the terrain is up with Lele. Using Bisharp I would be able to take Lando down at +1 with sucker punch if I used Dread Plate but then I dont have a Z-move, maybe Greninja could use it?

Thanks for reading!

This seems pretty fuego my guy (team's a little bit too stall weak for me tho) but why is ash gren hasty over like timid? Doesn't hasty power your defence being a detriment to the mon?

This seems pretty fuego my guy (team's a little bit too stall weak for me tho) but why is ash gren hasty over like timid? Doesn't hasty power your defence being a detriment to the mon?
I just realized that lol, I used to have Shadow Sneak instead of spikes so PS suggested Hasty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)