Dual Shadow Tag

This gen has brought alot in terms of changes to the metagame, and new pokemon to play with. Upon looking at the new megas, it gave me a idea to use Wobbuffet and Mega Gengar to create a Dual Shadow Tag Encore trap team.

---

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Mirror Coat

Without this, my team would pretty much just be standard. I can't tell you how many times people have attempted to use Stealth Rock or other hazard just for me to use encore and switch in another Pokemon to set up. Counter and Mirror Coat help when I actually need to keep Wobbuffet in. Destiny Bond ensures that I'll take at least one Pokemon down with me. Assuming it's not boosted, of course.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

TTar is kinda on the border of getting booted off the team. With Shadow Tag support, I can get a guaranteed Stealth Rock or Pursuit, but other than that he doesn't really bring much to the table other than a couple nifty resistances. Fire Blast is for the obvious Scizor, Forretress or even Ferrothorn switch in. Crunch and Pursuit are there to take down pesky psychic types, and Stealth Rock is just for some extra damage for the sweepers.

Azumarill @ Mystic Water
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Belly Drum

This Azumarill is so threatening I can't even explain it in words...Well, I'll try my best to anyways. With Encore support from Wobb, its not hard to find a good oppurtunity to switch in Azumarill. I can even lock in Dragons to outrage while I set up in front of their sorry faces. Aqua Jet and Waterfall are for stab and hitting hard as a truck. Superpower adds additional coverage for mons like Ferrothorn. Belly Drum allows me to switch in late game and clean everything.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Without Excadrill, This team would pretty much be asking for Stealth Rocks and opposing fairies to come in and kill. Earthquake hits alot of fairies hard, without having to use steel stab as most fairies tend to have more special defense than defense anyways. Rock Slide creates a nice Ground/Rock type combo for coverage. Swords Dance allows me to switch in late game and sweep with sand support.

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Can't tell you how many times this Pokemon has saved me. Brave Bird priority along with stab really is something special. Anyways, with Swords Dance and flying type priority, this pokemon certainly isn't playing games. Brave Bird will hit anything that doesn't resist it very hard, and Flare Blitz often times hits those who do. (Unless you're a darn rock type...) Priority Roost helps give a longer lifespan, and is useful with the flying type priority to heal off recoil damage from Brave Bird and Flare Blitz.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt

One of the many megas introduced this gen, and also my favorite. This thing is a complete beast when used correctly. Next to nothing can say they switch in safely, especially in the case of Mega Gengar. Shadow Ball will hit and opposing ghosts, psychic, or even mons that are neutral to it hard. Focus Blast hits those who aren't hit hard by Shadow Ball like TTar. Sludge Bomb is good for fairies, and also has a good chance to poison the opponent. Thunderbolt often times hits water types harder than Shadow Ball would.

---
That's all I have to say. If you'd like to help, I'd more than appreciate it. I've been doing good with this team so far, though I feel I could use something bulky in it other than TTar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)