Duo Destruction II - Round Five

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Introduction

Hello, fellow LC players!​

We're bringing back Duo Destruction! Here is the original if you need to brush up on what you need to do. Good luck to all!

The Goal

The object of the game is to post the best possible Pokemon that counters the duo posted by me at the start of every round. By posting 1 or 2 Pokemon that counters the duo, we will obtain knowledge of the metagame and you will gain points. Another aspect of the game is to prevent the other players from getting points, and this is done by proving in this thread that their post does not counter the duo as well as they say it does.

Logistics

The rules:
  • You are to post 2 Pokemon or 1 Pokemon that counter(s) the above core single handedly. Needing SR, Rapid Spin, or Dual Screens support greatly hurts your argument and will likely prevent you from getting points.​
  • Post the complete set(s) of your Pokemon, including EVs, nature, item, and moveset.​
  • Do not include a Pokemon in your post that has already been used this round.​
  • Post reasoning and how you will play your Pokemon against the above core. If you can't prove to us that your Pokemon counter(s) the above, then you will not get points for it.​
  • Feel free to question someone's post with reasoning / calcs if you believe they are incorrect, this could prevent them from getting points.​
  • People will get points at the end of the round based on if I feel their Pokemon really does counter the above core.​
  • I reserve the right to take off points for using Pokemon/sets that are completely competitively unviable. Feel free to do what you need to counter, but don't be too ridiculous.​
  • If you use animated sprites I will cut you. (blaraedit: please use animated sprites)​
Scoring:​
  • If you post 1 Pokemon that counters the above core, you will get 2 points for that round.​
  • If you post 2 Pokemon that counters the above core, you will get 1 point for that round.​
  • If your post does not actually counter the core as deemed by the community, you will get no points. I will have the final say on this.​

Remember: a counter must be able to switch in on any move from either Pokemon and win no matter what moves the duo uses.
Thanks for your time! Good luck competitors! A new round will be posted every 5 days to a week in order to ensure adequate time to formulate a core and tear down the others' cores.​

credit to Ray Jay for the concept and OP

Wobbyble - 10
Punchshroom - 9
Pen Ink - 8
Axisotaku - 6
Corkscrew - 5
cxinlee - 5
Shouting - 5
Haund - 4
apt-get - 2
GlassGlaceon - 2
The Quasar - 2
Mylo Xyloto - 2
vileman - 2
Kingler12345 - 2
Chieliee - 1
Chromatic Art - 1

Last edited:

iss

let's play bw lc!
Here's the first duo:

Foongus @ Eviolite
Bold | Regenerator
evs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpA / 76 SpD / 76 Spe
move 1: Spore
move 2: Giga Drain
move 3: Stun Spore
move 4: Clear Smog

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
Bold | Regenerator
evs: 196 HP / 156 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD
move 1: Scald
move 2: Toxic
move 3: Slack Off
move 4: Fire Blast

Good luck!

Last edited:

Vullaby (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Big Pecks
Level: 5
EVs: 156 SAtk / 116 HP / 236 SDef
Modest Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Air Slash
- Dark Pulse

76 SpA Foongus Giga Drain vs. 116 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Vullaby: 3-3 (12 - 12%) -- 9HKO at best
(3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3)

76 SpA Foongus Clear Smog vs. 116 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Vullaby: 4-6 (16 - 24%) -- possible 5HKO
(4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 6)

36 SpA Slowpoke Scald vs. 116 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Vullaby: 4-6 (16 - 24%) -- possible 5HKO
(4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 6)

36 SpA Slowpoke Fire Blast vs. 116 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Vullaby: 5-6 (20 - 24%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
(5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6)

156+ SpA Vullaby Air Slash vs. 124 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Foongus: 14-18 (56 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 18)

156+ SpA Vullaby Dark Pulse vs. 196 HP / 116 SpD Eviolite Slowpoke: 14-18 (50 - 64.28%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 18)

156+ SpA Vullaby Air Slash vs. 196 HP / 116 SpD Eviolite Slowpoke: 7-9 (25 - 32.14%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
(7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 9)

156+ SpA Vullaby Dark Pulse vs. 124 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Foongus: 7-9 (28 - 36%) -- 4.05% chance to 3HKO
(7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 9)

it's pretty obvious that this set wins

the opponent can't really regen stall because air slash to slowpoke and dark pulse to foongus do almost as much as regenerator recovery, so every time you hit it wit the right move, you pretty much take a permanent piece of damage (unless they manage to switch on a Rest/sleep talk calling rest/fully paralyzed. The only time you'd use Rest is if paralyzed (to evade parahax at all cost), or burned by scald/fire blast and running low on HP.

this set can't lose. With incredible luck the opponent might be able to stall the core's death a little but he can't prevent it.

Last edited:
I like Murkow but it's reserved. So:

Natu @ Eviolite
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 120 HP / 196 SAtk / 164 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- FeatherDance
- Roost
- Toxic / Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Flying]

First of all, I was trying to use a pokemon and its set, considering its role beyond Fonguss/Slowpoke role counter, and so its useful in a team too. So this set has moves like Featherdance (as the set proposed by Smogon) that is not really useful for counter purpose. I also changed the EVs distribution as well as the nature (calm for timid), considering low speed about enemy duo.Well, Magic Bounce ensures definitely a good switch into Fonguss, undoing Stun Spore or Spore using as well as Slowpoke's Toxic. Also it's excellent the Xatu's resistance to both pokemon offensive moves (which could also be asleep / paralyzed / poisoned too).
36 SpA Slowpoke Scald vs. 120 HP / 164+ SpD Eviolite Natu: 6-7 (27.27 - 31.81%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

76 SpA Foongus Sludge Bomb vs. 120 HP / 164 Spd + Eviolite Natu: 7-9 (31.81 - 40.9%) - 61.55% chance to 3HKO
And about attack?
Well, actually I do not think there is any doubt:
196 SpA Natu Hidden Power Flying vs. 124 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Foongus: 14-18 (56 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

196 SpA Natu Giga Drain vs. 196 HP / 116 SpD Eviolite Slowpoke: 10-14 (35.71 - 50%) -- 0.39% chance to 2HKO
But also the Toxic use may be good to do irreparable damage to Slowpoke. Finally Roost gives a good chance to recover HP.

Last edited:
Aww yiss. Time to bring out an old set of mine.

Mantyke @ Eviolite
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 156 HP / 116 SDef / 196 Def / 36 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I used to use Scald instead of Air Slash, but for the sake of this post, I'm using Air Slash. Clocking in with 23 HP and 33 Sdef, there's no possible way either Foongus or Slowpoke will touch it. Basically the only way Mantyke will ever lose this is if all 16 Toxics miss, or if Foongus gets 2 critical hits in a row. Toxic takes down Slowpoke easily, and Air Slash 2HKOs Foongus with ease. This set is even running 116 defense EVs and still destroys this double Regeneration core, and could possibly even beat a triple Regeneration core by itself if it needed to. Flying manatee OP.
"76 SpA Foongus Giga Drain vs. 156 HP / 116+ SpD Eviolite Mantyke: 4-6 (17.39 - 26.08%) -- possible 4HKO"
"36 SpA Mantyke Air Slash vs. 124 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Foongus: 14-18 (56 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO"
"36 SpA Mantyke Air Slash vs. 196 HP / 116 SpD Eviolite Slowpoke: 7-9 (25 - 32.14%) -- guaranteed 4HKO"

I'd like to reserve Scraggy. I'll post the set as soon as possible (max 12 hours).

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Trait: Shed Skin
Evs: 116 HP / 156 Atk / 40 Def / 196 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt/Drain Punch

Intro
Yeah, I know that using a physical attacker against a physically defensive core (and a DDer against Clear Smog) is not that great a may seem a bit stupid, but this set completely walls the duo, if played correctly.
The main goal of this set is to set up a Dragon Dance, if you want to finish the duo quiclky, or just spam Crunch/Zen Headbutt. This won't take much anyway, as a +0 Zen Headbutt is a solid 3HKO on Foonguss and crunch is a solid 2HKO on Slowpoke.
Furthermore, Foonguss does not have reliable recovery, Giga drain restores about 10% for a maximum of 30% if I get a 3-turns sleep and Shed Skin doesn't activate.
Regenerator is useless, as switching is deadly. If Slowpoke comes in, it is 2HKO'd by Crunch, if Foonguss comes in, it takes a massive 40% from Zen Headbutt.
156+ Atk Scraggy Zen Headbutt vs. 124 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 10-14 (40 - 56%) -- 11.33% chance to 2HKO )

156+ Atk Scraggy Crunch vs. 196 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Slowpoke: 14-18 (50 - 64.28%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I didn't said that Foonguss can be 2HKO because is just a little 11.33% and I don't want to rely on this.

Details
With Eviolite and the given defensive spread, Scraggy can take every attack from both Foonguss and Slowpoke.
36 SpA Slowpoke Scald vs. 116 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Scraggy: 4-6 (17.39 - 26.08%) -- possible 4HKO

36 SpA Slowpoke Fire Blast vs. 116 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Scraggy: 5-6 (21.73 - 26.08%) -- possible 4HKO

76 SpA Foongus Giga Drain vs. 116 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Scraggy: 6-7 (26.08 - 30.43%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Shed skin absorbs status, and If this doesn't happen, I can easily Rest, recovering all the HP and healing the status. Even if Shed Skin doesn't activate and I get a 3-turns sleep, Scraggy should be able to Rest off the damage again.
156 Attack Evs guarantee the 2HKO on Slowpoke and the 3HKO on Foonguss (or about 10% to 2HKO)
40 Defense Evs are just random, I didn't know where to put them and they are useless on the other stats lol

Some examples.
Scraggy is against Slowpoke and both are at full health. In this case, Scraggy can set up a Dragon Dance and then ko Slowpoke. If Slowpoke switches and Foonguss comes in, it will take a +1 STAB Crunch and then it will have to waste a turn to use Clear Smog. Anyway, Foonguss won't survive a +1 Crunch and a +1 Zen Headbutt, unless I get min damage on both of them (40% and 56%, see calcs)
2. Slowpoke is on the field and Scraggy switches in. That's pretty much the case n.1, but Scraggy will have to take some little damage or take a Toxic in the face.
3. Scraggy is against Foonguss and both are at full health. In this case, there are many options.You can immediately deal some damage to Foonguss or set up a Dragon Dance, to force him to use Clear Smog. Spore is a bit annoying but isn't a big problem thanks to Shed Skin and Scraggy can take a couple of hits even asleep.
4. Foonguss is on the field and Scraggy comes in. That's the worst scenario possible, because Foonguss can potentialy ko Scraggy, If Shed Skin doesn't activate, I get 3-turns sleep and Giga Drain deals max damage a coulpe of times. There's nothing much to say, this case is similiar to case n.3.

Summary
- With the given evs spread, Scraggy can easily take any hit and then proceed to 2/3HKO the duo or - set up a Dragon Dance.
- Shed Skin and Rest provide status healing and reliable recovery.
- Spore is not a problem but it's a bit annoying.
- Switching is deadly
- Slowpoke is the prefered lead, as it cannot touch Scraggy and I can easily set up some DDs

Calcs Summary
76 SpA Foongus Giga Drain vs. 116 HP / 116 SpD Eviolite Scraggy: 6-7 (26.08 - 30.43%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
36 SpA Slowpoke Scald vs. 116 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Scraggy: 4-6 (17.39 - 26.08%) -- possible 4HKO
36 SpA Slowpoke Fire Blast vs. 116 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Scraggy: 5-6 (21.73 - 26.08%) -- possible 4HKO
156+ Atk Scraggy Zen Headbutt vs. 124 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 10-14 (40 - 56%) -- 11.33% chance to 2HKO )
156+ Atk Scraggy Crunch vs. 196 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Slowpoke: 14-18 (50 - 64.28%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 156+ Atk Scraggy Zen Headbutt vs. 124 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 14-18 (56 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 156+ Atk Scraggy Crunch vs. 124 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 10-13 (40 - 52%) -- 8.98% chance to 2HKO
+1 156+ Atk Scraggy Crunch vs. 196 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Slowpoke: 18-24 (64.28 - 85.71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Additional comments
This set needs no support. Stealth Rocks don't change much the calcs, only increasing the % of a 2HKO on Foonguss.

The last movet can be changed. I put Zen Headbutt there because it's useful against other things, such as Mienfoo and Timburr, but Drain Punch is a reliable STAB and provides extra recovery.

Last edited:

Hoothoot @ Eviolite
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 36 Spd / 148 SAtk / 228 SDef / 36 HP / 36 Def
Calm Nature
- Psycho Shift
- Roost
- Shadow Ball
- Air Slash

So Hoothoot can take anything they throw at it and give it back them. it can safely switch into there attacks and roost to restore the damage and u can even psycho shift the paralysis from foongus if u really wanted to. Insomnia makes spore useless. Not much they can do to hoothoot.

Some calcs

148 SpA Hoothoot Air Slash vs. 124 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Foongus: 12-14 (48 - 56%) -- 12.11% chance to 2HKO

148 SpA Hoothoot Shadow Ball vs. 196 HP / 116 SpD Eviolite Slowpoke: 10-12 (35.71 - 42.85%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

36 SpA Slowpoke Psychic vs. 36 HP / 228+ SpD Eviolite Hoothoot: 6-7 (26.08 - 30.43%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

76 SpA Foongus Sludge Bomb vs. 36 HP / 228+ SpD Eviolite Hoothoot: 6-7 (26.08 - 30.43%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Last edited:

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
The problem with most of my teams is this core right here. (Not cuz it's good cuz I either get 95% of the time a ridiculously long sleep period or 5% being a cool 1 turn sleep or slowpoke parahaxes or burns me 4ever) sleep is a really stupid status, and that makes foongus really annoying, especially with regen, and slowpoke is in the same. I've proposed this set and people have tried to shoot it down a lot, but here it is: PARAFU-loljk PSYCHO SHIFT MURK:
Murkrow @ Eviolite
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 236 SAtk / 112 SDef / 108 Spd
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Psycho Shift
- Hidden Power Flying

Ok, there are some things I may need to explain, such as why I'm using HP Flying.BB is kinda illegal with psycho shift (.cry) so I took HP Flying, which hits as hard as drill peck, but drill peck would just make him 1. an inferior mixkrow/ scarf mixkrow 2. unable to outspeed max speed mien, who would proceed to poop on murk's day with a LO Stone Edge. Status ailments like burn normally hinder murk, but with psycho shift, you can 1-up them with their own statuses. Dark pulse is to hit slowpoke. HP Flying hits Foongus pretty hard, both 2HKO'ing their respective targets. Roost is for reliable recovery if I ever get low. With all these supporting moves, I could just run prankster+sub, but prankster can't switch into spore, insomnia can. Foongus's clear smog is a possible 4HKO, while slowpoke's scald is also a 4HKO, and I have roost to recover any damage inflicted. Also sleephax is dum I hate going against foongus so murkrow is super cool :]

iss

let's play bw lc!
Just a reminder that your counter must be able to switch in on both Foongus and Slowpoke. Foongus is not necessarily leading.

E: Also would like to remind people that I will take points off for being too ridiculous. I don't mind creativity, but please no Defense Curl Foongus.

Last edited:

Stunky @ Eviolite
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 172 Atk / 188 SDef / 4 Spd / 92 HP
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Hone Claws
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

this set destroys that core. scald 4hko's. giga drain 6hko's. +2 crunch has a 6.25% chance to ohko slowpoke and 2hko's foongus. rest heals paralysis and burns. sleep talk is obligatory. foongus has clear smog but it doesn't have enough solid recovery to win.

Last edited:

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Psycho shift doesn't work if the opponent already has status. You could switch hoothoot into slowpokes scald (which may burn), psycho shift the burn to slowpoke and then it could toxic the Hoothoot and win just by switching about and keeping healthy with regenerator. Slowpoke can basically try to fish for the burn vs. hoothoot anyway since it can't 2HKO whilst Slowpoke can Slack Off. (on second thoughts it could just keep the burn to prevent this from happening. disregard this i guess... although it's still the most shaky counter in the thread imo)
I suppose Murkrow could still win as it does over 50% to both Pokemon with its attacks so it wouldn't matter that much. It would also probably prefer to just keep the burn to prevent this situation happening as it can easily roost off whenever.

edit: reserving Misdreavus!

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 236 SAtk / 236 SDef / 36 HP
Modest Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball

yeah basically this wins.

36 SpA Slowpoke Scald vs. 36 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Misdreavus: 4-6 (17.39 - 26.08%) -- possible 4HKO
76 SpA Foongus Giga Drain vs. 36 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Misdreavus: 4-6 (17.39 - 26.08%) -- possible 4HKO

switch in, rest, sleep talk, calm mind/shadow ball. there is literally 0 chance of this losing unless there are 2 crits in a row whilst it sleeps. It takes 1 boosts to KO slowpoke and 3 boosts to KO foongus.

EDIT2: fuck forgot clear smog... either way, I still don't see how this loses since they can basically do nothing to Misdreavus. Foongus will have to switch out eventually as it gets weakened and if it switches out when Missy Calm Minds, it can basically KO slowpoke with Shadow Ball. It 2HKOs slowpoke with it anyway so yeah. easy win regardless.

Last edited:
this set destroys that core. scald 4hko's. giga drain 6hko's. +2 crunch has a 6.25% chance to ohko slowpoke and 2hko's foongus. rest heals paralysis and burns. sleep talk is obligatory. it's fairly easy to just get a +6 and sweep with crunch. no way for that core to win.
Yes, it's fairly easy to get +6 versus Clear Smog. ;P

Dratini @ Eviolite
28 HP / 4 Atk / 236 Def / 196 SpD / 36 Spe
Shed Skin
Jolly Nature
~Dragon Dance
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Outrage

Pretty straight forward. It can heal any status Slowpoke and Foongus can throw at it, resists all of their moves besides Clear Smog which still doesn't do much. It can set up to whatever it wants on Slowpoke and KO it, and Foongus will fall to repeated +0 Outrages anyway so Clear Smog won't help it much. Unlike most of the Sleeptalkers posted, Dratini has better (mono)coverage, and can wake up early from Rest with Shed Skin, doesn't necessarily need to Rest in order to get rid of Toxic, and is generally more offensively threatening than other mono attackers.

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
Just a reminder that your counter must be able to switch in on both Foongus and Slowpoke. Foongus is not necessarily leading.

E: Also would like to remind people that I will take points off for being too ridiculous. I don't mind creativity, but please no Defense Curl Foongus.
Sounds like someone lost to a defense curl foongus

ugh didn't see scraggy taken...

well heres another option: heatproof bronzor

Bronzor @ Eviolite
Trait: Heatproof
EVs: 220 HP / 4 Atk / 4 SAtk / 68 Def / 148 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Psychic
- Charge Beam

heatproof against fire blast

Last edited:

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor

Ekans @ Eviolite
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 236 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpD
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Gunk Shot
- Rest
- Disable

Standard Coil Ekans with a twist. Ekans with defensive investment and Eviolite takes like nothing from all their attacks:
36 SpA Slowpoke Scald vs. 236 HP / 244+ SpD Eviolite Ekans: 4-6 (17.39 - 26.08%) -- possible 4HKO
36 SpA Slowpoke Fire Blast vs. 236 HP / 244+ SpD Eviolite Ekans: 5-6 (21.73 - 26.08%) -- possible 4HKO
76 SpA Foongus Giga Drain vs. 236 HP / 244+ SpD Eviolite Ekans: 3-3 (13.04 - 13.04%) -- guaranteed 8HKO
76 SpA Foongus Clear Smog vs. 236 HP / 244+ SpD Eviolite Ekans: 2-3 (8.69 - 13.04%) -- possible 8HKO
...and shrugs off any status with Shed Skin. If Shed Skin fails to activate in time, simply Rest off the damage. But what can a physical attacker do to Slowpoke and Clear Smog Foongus?

+1 0 Atk Ekans Gunk Shot vs. 124 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 12-15 (48 - 60%) -- 90.23% chance to 2HKO
+2 0 Atk Ekans Gunk Shot vs. 124 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 15-18 (60 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 0 Atk Ekans Gunk Shot vs. 196 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Slowpoke: 10-13 (35.71 - 46.42%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 0 Atk Ekans Gunk Shot vs. 196 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Slowpoke: 13-16 (46.42 - 57.14%) -- 85.94% chance to 2HKO
Yowza, that is solid damage. Slowpoke may be easy enough to setup on, but Foongus would merely Clear Smog the boosts away. Fear not, as Disable will stop that nonsense and allow Ekans to plow through the duo unhindered, as even Regenerator won't save them forever. Even if the foe switches out Foongus to predict your Disable and waste your turn, just boost again and smack that mushroom on the switch. If you dislike Gunk Shot's PP, Poison Jab is usable, but it would be much tougher to break this core with its weaker power.

Against Slowpoke: Just boost once if Foongus is still around, or twice if the mushroom has been dealt with. If you wish you may Disable its attacks so that it will be hindered further. You'll need to Rest more often against Slowpoke though, which may expose you to Foongus, so try not to attack Slowpoke without 2 boosts to avoid wasting PP.

Against Foongus: A bit trickier due to Clear Smog and Spore (if Shed Skin is not by your side), otherwise boost once to tempt Clear Smog, then Disable it after hitting Foongus hard. It is advisable to finish Foongus as quickly as possible.
Ekans woulda totally killed for Taunt.

Last edited:
Bronzor @ Eviolite
Trait: Heatproof
EVs: 228 SDef / 28 SAtk / 252 HP
Serious Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Psychic
- Toxic
Slowpoke and Foongus cant do anything to it, and it can simply cm and kill foongus with psychic and kill Slowpoke with toxic.

36 SpA Slowpoke Scald vs. 252 HP / 228+ SpD Eviolite Bronzor: 4-6 (16 - 24%) -- possible 5HKO
36 SpA Slowpoke Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 228+ SpD Eviolite Heatproof Bronzor: 4-6 (16 - 24%) -- possible 5HKO

76 SpA Foongus Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 228+ SpD Eviolite Bronzor: 2-3 (8 - 12%) -- 9HKO at best

These calcs are assuming Bronzor never gets a cm boost.

If it switches into Foongus' Spore, both cant do anything to it anyway, so it can just CM till it wakes up, Rest if necessary, and finish them both.

Last edited:
(M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Hustle
EVs: 180 HP / 76 Atk / 196 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Outrage
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Fairly easy, Deino switches in and absorbs any status. If sleep use sleep talk or if toxic/burn use rest and sleep talk. Deino can 2hko both pokemon with the appropriate move.

76 Atk Hustle Deino Outrage vs. 124 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 13-16 (52 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
76 SpA Foongus Clear Smog vs. 180 HP / 196+ SpD Eviolite Deino: 4-6 (16.66 - 25%) -- possible 4HKO
36 SpA Slowpoke Scald vs. 180 HP / 196+ SpD Eviolite Deino: 3-3 (12.5 - 12.5%) -- guaranteed 8HKO
76 Atk Hustle Deino Crunch vs. 196 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Slowpoke: 14-20 (50 - 71.42%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)